Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Loss 21:54 - Nov 21 with 8983 viewspearlstreet1

How long will the board of directors let this current form continue.
Somebody text into Radio GMR on Saturday and said under Keith Hill we have only won 9 games out of the last 40 make that the last 41.
I understand we couldn’t keep the likes of Lang but why didn’t we bring in a striker rather than the likes of Steve Davies and co.
I think it’s about time the directors look long and hard is Keith Hill the man to take us forward.
Another Loss on 21:56 - Nov 21 with 5486 viewsDaleFan7

He's got 4.5 years left on his contract, do you fancy paying it out?

Hill is staying here whether we don't win another game all season or not.
Another Loss on 21:57 - Nov 21 with 5465 viewsregjenkins

Well its going to be January before the window opens, so they have no choice but to play the players ee have at our club.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Another Loss on 21:57 - Nov 21 with 5448 viewsrochdale_ranger

Knowing the board I would rather keep with Hill rather then them go out and try and get someone on the cheap like Coleman or god forbid Eyre.
Another Loss on 21:59 - Nov 21 with 5406 viewspearlstreet1

Another Loss on 21:57 - Nov 21 by regjenkins

Well its going to be January before the window opens, so they have no choice but to play the players ee have at our club.

Ok so what’s the Answer then?
Another Loss on 22:00 - Nov 21 with 5391 viewsTVOS1907

We already had Steven Davies and we signed Matt Done. We also signed Jordan Williams, but that hasn't worked out as expected. We also brought in Inman on loan. Done and Inman have scored 11 goals between them.

The issues are really in other areas of the pitch.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 22:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Another Loss on 22:03 - Nov 21 with 5346 viewsD_Alien

Another Loss on 21:59 - Nov 21 by pearlstreet1

It'd help if people kept their nerve

I'm sure KH will

Edit: and the Board

[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 22:05]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Another Loss on 22:05 - Nov 21 with 5299 viewsMolly

Another Loss on 21:59 - Nov 21 by pearlstreet1

What exactly is the question?
Another Loss on 22:06 - Nov 21 with 5286 views442Dale

The structure of the club has been built on the back of Hill's excellent work. We need only look how quickly we slipped last time he left to know that there's little reason to think we'd get things right in the future.

Whether that reliance on the current manager is a good or bad thing is another debate, but there's not much argument that it's the case.

Hill has experienced the first lengthy period of poor results. I'd like to think we're better than thinking that he can't get it right. At the same time, you'd hope Hill accepts what's worked before may now need some refinement.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Another Loss on 22:11 - Nov 21 with 5206 viewsrochdaleriddler

Another Loss on 21:56 - Nov 21 by DaleFan7

He's got 4.5 years left on his contract, do you fancy paying it out?

Hill is staying here whether we don't win another game all season or not.

I am sure there will be break clauses in this contract

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Another Loss (n/t) on 22:13 - Nov 21 with 5191 viewspearlstreet1

Another Loss on 22:05 - Nov 21 by Molly

What exactly is the question?

Another Loss on 22:15 - Nov 21 with 5144 viewsrochdaleriddler

Another Loss on 22:00 - Nov 21 by TVOS1907

We already had Steven Davies and we signed Matt Done. We also signed Jordan Williams, but that hasn't worked out as expected. We also brought in Inman on loan. Done and Inman have scored 11 goals between them.

The issues are really in other areas of the pitch.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 22:00]

We ain't scoring enough goals, whether that's the fault of the strikers or midfield is a moot point, it's the managers job to see where the problem lies and sort it out. If he does-great, but I don't think we can afford to see him as untouchable

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Another Loss on 22:16 - Nov 21 with 5122 viewspearlstreet1

The question is what do the board do about Keith Hill do they sack him or carry on with him.
Another Loss on 22:21 - Nov 21 with 5071 viewsMolly

Another Loss on 22:16 - Nov 21 by pearlstreet1

The question is what do the board do about Keith Hill do they sack him or carry on with him.

In that case the answer is easy. He stays.
Another Loss on 22:21 - Nov 21 with 5061 viewsTVOS1907

Another Loss on 22:15 - Nov 21 by rochdaleriddler

We ain't scoring enough goals, whether that's the fault of the strikers or midfield is a moot point, it's the managers job to see where the problem lies and sort it out. If he does-great, but I don't think we can afford to see him as untouchable

But I think it's more to do with us conceding too many.

Another Loss on 22:27 - Nov 21 with 4997 viewsDaleFan7

Another Loss on 22:21 - Nov 21 by TVOS1907

I disagree. Relative to other teams in the bottom half we haven't conceded that many goals. We've scored 18 in 18 games, doesn't give us much opportunity to win and with a scoring record of 1 per game, the only place were going is down.
Another Loss on 22:31 - Nov 21 with 4954 viewsTVOS1907

Another Loss on 22:27 - Nov 21 by DaleFan7

I disagree. Relative to other teams in the bottom half we haven't conceded that many goals. We've scored 18 in 18 games, doesn't give us much opportunity to win and with a scoring record of 1 per game, the only place were going is down.

True, but we haven't kept enough clean sheets this season, meaning we need to score at least twice to win games.

Another Loss on 22:33 - Nov 21 with 4933 viewspaulscho

Lunatics have started

livinginadalewonderland

Another Loss on 22:34 - Nov 21 with 4923 viewsDaleiLama

Another Loss on 22:21 - Nov 21 by TVOS1907

Fwiw, I'd say a bit of both. As a massive generalisation, we seem most able to keep clean sheets when we set up to park the bus and play on the break, creating very few chances. Not pretty to watch and not a recipe for success. It seems like we don't have the ability to keep the ball consistently this year and play sound defence whilst scoring Keith's "70 goals"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Another Loss on 22:34 - Nov 21 with 4913 viewssoulboy

I have 2 criticisms of KH, he doesnt seem to know his best starting line up and why we have 11 players defending corners. However, to even contemplate sacking him is ridiculous, he hasnt turned into a bad manager over the first 18 games of this season. He knows the club and league 1 inside out and i believe he'll turn the current situation round. For those who are on here blindly calling for him to be sacked, who would you replace him with?
Another Loss on 22:37 - Nov 21 with 4871 viewspaulscho

Shocking talk of replacing KH......loyalties not much of that from some people...

livinginadalewonderland

Another Loss on 22:39 - Nov 21 with 4859 viewsrich_dale

Fine margins cost us tonight - typically, away from from home if you don't take your chances you lose and that's what happened. If Done hadn't hit the inside if the post and scored we prob would have won. If Inman hadn't scuffed his sitter near the end we would have drawn. In between we had the home team getting a (ridiculously) fortuitous free kick and scoring from a lucky ricochet from the ensuing delivery and Lillis making an error for their second. We need to be better at either end of the pitch obviously. But we could have won. Having said that we were so sloppy either side of half time which showed why we haven't won away yet. But there was encouragement and enough to show we can turn it round.
Another Loss on 22:41 - Nov 21 with 4834 viewsnordenblue

Another Loss on 22:34 - Nov 21 by soulboy

I have 2 criticisms of KH, he doesnt seem to know his best starting line up and why we have 11 players defending corners. However, to even contemplate sacking him is ridiculous, he hasnt turned into a bad manager over the first 18 games of this season. He knows the club and league 1 inside out and i believe he'll turn the current situation round. For those who are on here blindly calling for him to be sacked, who would you replace him with?

You won't get any answers for who to replace him with,just the same idiots talking bollox after any given defeat
Another Loss on 22:47 - Nov 21 with 4775 viewsrochdaleriddler

Another Loss on 22:41 - Nov 21 by nordenblue

You won't get any answers for who to replace him with,just the same idiots talking bollox after any given defeat

I'm not advocating ditching the manager, but if he were to go, there will be many decent candidates.

Another Loss on 22:53 - Nov 21 with 4726 viewsdalenumber2

When will Keane be fit? Could be just what we need to sharpen the team up.
Another Loss on 23:00 - Nov 21 with 4679 viewsnordenblue

Another Loss on 22:47 - Nov 21 by rochdaleriddler

I'm not advocating ditching the manager, but if he were to go, there will be many decent candidates.

Give us some names better suited than Keith Hill within our budget?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024