Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread 13:39 - Nov 23 with 31815 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 14:22]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 25 with 3423 viewsJackSkellington

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:54 - Nov 25 by Landore_Jack

Not sure about that. I think Bournemouth will be okay.

Fcking fuming at that ref. Perfectly good goal disallowed, stonewall penalty not given and not even a foul given for the elbow in Mesa's forehead, let alone the red it should have been. We played so much better than recently and deserved the win. Thoroughly cheated
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 25 with 3419 viewsicecoldjack

I must be in the minority but i thought we played decent and had a go for 90 mins. IMO the ref was almost impossible giving everything to them and killing us for everything in the 90 mins.

I will go as far as to say that a draw with that ref is equal to a win so well done the Swans today, the players did well and Bony and Mesa got an important 90 mins under their belts, we look a far better team with those 2 in the line up .

Bony gives us valauble hold up play and i think Tammy will thrive on that, it's going to take a huge effort 2 nd half of season but at least things are looking a touch better then this time last week.

Atwell shafted us but the players are playing for the manager and tried to play football you can't really ask for much more, we know we are short of quality so it is what it is .
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - Nov 25 with 3389 viewsJack_Kass

A metaphor for the season really.

Just not good enough.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:02 - Nov 25 with 3338 viewsCooperman

The very smallest of green shoots there for me today.
After a dull start we grew into that and a more confident team would have put two past Bournemouth. The ref didn’t help matters and I was fearful that he was going to give them a soft pen right up to the final whistle. Anyway, this will see a return of the SgorioFruit 40 point thread and on we go to the next game; Mesa must start. Cold out too.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:02 - Nov 25 with 3326 viewsJackSkellington

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 25 by icecoldjack

I must be in the minority but i thought we played decent and had a go for 90 mins. IMO the ref was almost impossible giving everything to them and killing us for everything in the 90 mins.

I will go as far as to say that a draw with that ref is equal to a win so well done the Swans today, the players did well and Bony and Mesa got an important 90 mins under their belts, we look a far better team with those 2 in the line up .

Bony gives us valauble hold up play and i think Tammy will thrive on that, it's going to take a huge effort 2 nd half of season but at least things are looking a touch better then this time last week.

Atwell shafted us but the players are playing for the manager and tried to play football you can't really ask for much more, we know we are short of quality so it is what it is .

Agreed, Bony and Mesa have to start. I'd also like us to try starting with both Tammy & Bony in the lineup. Maybe leave Ayew on the bench, some of his decisions today were very poor. I think he needs a little bench time, take the pressure off for a week - it seems to have worked for Tom Carroll.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 17:03]
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:03 - Nov 25 with 3305 viewsLandore_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 25 by JackSkellington

Fcking fuming at that ref. Perfectly good goal disallowed, stonewall penalty not given and not even a foul given for the elbow in Mesa's forehead, let alone the red it should have been. We played so much better than recently and deserved the win. Thoroughly cheated

The ref was a disgrace. I hope Clement gives him a piece of his mind. Absolutely gutted because this is a game we should have won.

#backtojack

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 with 3228 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 25 by icecoldjack

Some urgency in that second half, AT LAST. It gives hope, but again only 1 shot on target and only 7 goals in 13 games tells it's own story. Without goals we're stuffed. But yep, there's something to build on. Whether we do or not is another matter - it could be a major change in style and players again next match.

And I think we had our first decent corner delivery of the season when Ki whipped one in from the left
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:13 - Nov 25 with 3131 viewslondonlisa2001

So much better today.

With a ref that wasn't a complete prat we would have won that.

Tammy for Ayew (apart from the Chelsea match) and we should go with that line up for a few matches. Stop chopping and changing - give them a chance to start to bed in together.

Special mention for VD Hoorn. His distribution from the back was lovely with the exception of that final ball at the end.

If Clement changes that midfield round next match he's mad.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:15 - Nov 25 with 3116 viewsMo_Wives

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:03 - Nov 25 by Landore_Jack

The ref was a disgrace. I hope Clement gives him a piece of his mind. Absolutely gutted because this is a game we should have won.

Yeah, give him the front piece of your mind, gaffer. Smash it right into the bridge of his nose.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:18 - Nov 25 with 3085 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:13 - Nov 25 by londonlisa2001

So much better today.

With a ref that wasn't a complete prat we would have won that.

Tammy for Ayew (apart from the Chelsea match) and we should go with that line up for a few matches. Stop chopping and changing - give them a chance to start to bed in together.

Special mention for VD Hoorn. His distribution from the back was lovely with the exception of that final ball at the end.

If Clement changes that midfield round next match he's mad.

I agree with all of that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:18 - Nov 25 with 3076 viewsexiledclaseboy

Improved. A bit. Long way to go though. Second half was encouraging.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:21 - Nov 25 with 3041 viewsyescomeon

On Bony, his hold up play was excellent today. I was also impressed by his vision. Went for some very nice passes, I think one or two found there target but a few were a little off. With some more game time he makes those passes and the opposition are in real trouble. Very impressed with him today considering that's his first start since September(?).

Was encouraged by Mesa too. Obviously rusty be I felt there was enough on show to give him a run of games.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:23 - Nov 25 with 3005 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:21 - Nov 25 by yescomeon

On Bony, his hold up play was excellent today. I was also impressed by his vision. Went for some very nice passes, I think one or two found there target but a few were a little off. With some more game time he makes those passes and the opposition are in real trouble. Very impressed with him today considering that's his first start since September(?).

Was encouraged by Mesa too. Obviously rusty be I felt there was enough on show to give him a run of games.

Not just his hold up and passes but also his presence, tackling and commitment.
He gave it everything today.
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:28 - Nov 25 with 2964 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:31 - Nov 25 by Rancid

6 on and 7 off target according to Skybet.

Why get your stats from a company looking to entice you into gambling on the match in question?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:33 - Nov 25 with 2920 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:28 - Nov 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why get your stats from a company looking to entice you into gambling on the match in question?

I don't.I was just saying what Skybet was showing at the time.
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 2872 viewsmonmouth

One shot on target, but we should really have scored two goals. Stats eh? Still only one save from the keeper.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 2869 viewsNeath_Jack

Better.

Tammy should have been on much earlier though.

Naughton was our best player i thought, and nice to see Ki getting f*cking angry too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:47 - Nov 25 with 2814 viewsAnotherJohn

Agree with much of what others have said: signs of improvement, but still didn't offer enough goal threat. The ref did look awful from where I was sitting in the South, but I'd like to see some TV replays before saying too much. Where does this leave Clement I wonder? Will a point today be enough to offset a hiding at Chelsea, if that is what happens?
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 19:37 - Nov 25 with 2438 viewsBalhamSwan

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:46 - Nov 25 by E20Jack

Wilfried and Ayew excellent today.

Sanches best performance too.

not sure playing 6 yard passes off the pitch can be considered a best performance.
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 19:49 - Nov 25 with 2403 viewsyescomeon

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:23 - Nov 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Not just his hold up and passes but also his presence, tackling and commitment.
He gave it everything today.

Completely agree, not sure I remember him ever playing a game like that for us, even going back to his first stint.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:16 - Nov 25 with 2254 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:09 - Nov 25 by Smellyplumz

His old man died last night.

I feel your loss, Fede.

Come back and show us your best.

With you 100%

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:19 - Nov 25 with 2245 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:40 - Nov 25 by Neath_Jack

Better.

Tammy should have been on much earlier though.

Naughton was our best player i thought, and nice to see Ki getting f*cking angry too.

I'm glad someone else thought Naughton had a good game. He gets a lot of stick on here, some of it justified, but very few will give him any credit when it's due, happens to quite a few players.
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:30 - Nov 25 with 2222 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:19 - Nov 25 by karnataka

I'm glad someone else thought Naughton had a good game. He gets a lot of stick on here, some of it justified, but very few will give him any credit when it's due, happens to quite a few players.

Have an up Arrow mate, Naughton had a very good game, much better than some on here are reluctant to give him credit for.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:35 - Nov 25 with 2215 viewsZZoric

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:47 - Nov 25 by AnotherJohn

Agree with much of what others have said: signs of improvement, but still didn't offer enough goal threat. The ref did look awful from where I was sitting in the South, but I'd like to see some TV replays before saying too much. Where does this leave Clement I wonder? Will a point today be enough to offset a hiding at Chelsea, if that is what happens?

top tip - try not using the word "but" - try using "and" instead

a subtle yet huge transformation for the negatives
The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:35 - Nov 25 with 2216 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City Vs AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:30 - Nov 25 by Flashberryjack

Have an up Arrow mate, Naughton had a very good game, much better than some on here are reluctant to give him credit for.

Has anyone on here been reluctant to give him credit for today's game?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024