Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury game 10:49 - Sep 4 with 20267 viewssweetcorn

Whats the entrance costs for tonight’s game?

EDIT: Just seen the other thread.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 10:51]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bury game on 14:27 - Sep 5 with 3010 viewstony_roch975

Bury game on 23:49 - Sep 4 by JimmyRustler

Matheson was immense first half and I think that because of that, they chose to direct most of their attacks towards the other flank in the second half.

I thought that J.Williams did quite well as he often found himself in the target man role and held the ball up well whilst winning a few headers - it was just a pity he couldn't finish his chance.

Morley and Adshead already look like they know exactly how to play together and Rathbone also slotted in nicely when needed.

Gillaim ran his socks off and deserved the goal but his finishing is still below par and if he's to nail a regular place down then this is something that he will undoubtedly have to work on.

I thought Norman had his best game by a mile too and looked commanding and made a couple of pretty good saves.

McGahey was once again a rock and was really encouraging towards Matheson in the first half - he reminds a bit of Kevin Long when he was with us on loan and is surely a future captain of the team should Hendo ever relinquish that role.

Bury were crap. Their number 15 (think it was Moore) looked a good player but apart from that, they were turd in every aspect. With a little more composure, confidence and experience, we could have won that game 4 or 5 nil. Really encouraging to see youth team players making the step up and we played some really nice football. Glad I went now.

After the first 5 mins fiasco, McGahey was again superb - 2nd half it often looked like Bury v McGahey. I know Jim made one bad error but I also rate him as a leader - kept shouting to get the line high and also great with Luke and talking to ref.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Bury game on 15:10 - Sep 5 with 2917 viewsDaley_Lama

Just not good enough Dale, letting that rabble score a goal.

Hill out!

Poll: DF in or out

Bury game on 15:29 - Sep 5 with 2873 viewsJimmyRustler

Bury game on 14:14 - Sep 5 by love_the_dale

Thanks for clarifying the law. Having now seen the video, the 'stop' was during the run up, before he reached the ball. Thus he did not break the law and the ref was right to award the goal.

Son's penalty against us was no different and got swiftly disallowed
Bury game on 15:36 - Sep 5 with 2843 viewsTVOS1907

Bury game on 15:29 - Sep 5 by JimmyRustler

Son's penalty against us was no different and got swiftly disallowed

Aye, that was an error.

The only error last night was in giving the penalty in the first place!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury game on 15:42 - Sep 5 with 2818 viewsJimmyRustler

Bury game on 15:36 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

Aye, that was an error.

The only error last night was in giving the penalty in the first place!

Yeah the awarding of the penalty was a disgrace.

It seems to suggest here ( https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2018/3/1/17065670/tottenham-hotspur-an that the rule is open to interpretation on account of whether the referee deems the maneouvre as deliberate and unsportsmanlike but that's from last season so I don't know if the rule has changed in that regard. If it hasn't then it really is in the hands of the ref and could explain the different outcomes
Bury game on 15:45 - Sep 5 with 2803 viewsTVOS1907

Bury game on 15:42 - Sep 5 by JimmyRustler

It seems to suggest here ( https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2018/3/1/17065670/tottenham-hotspur-an that the rule is open to interpretation on account of whether the referee deems the maneouvre as deliberate and unsportsmanlike but that's from last season so I don't know if the rule has changed in that regard. If it hasn't then it really is in the hands of the ref and could explain the different outcomes

This is the current wording of the Law regarding Penalty Kicks:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/

Bury game on 15:45 - Sep 5 with 2801 viewsD_Alien

Bury game on 15:42 - Sep 5 by JimmyRustler

I agree

If the rule hasn't changed, both were unsporting

[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 15:46]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bury game on 16:07 - Sep 5 with 2744 viewsJimmyRustler

Bury game on 15:45 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

This is the current wording of the Law regarding Penalty Kicks:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/

I wonder why the FA rules don't include any mention of referee's interpretation of unsportsmanlike conduct when the FIFA page regarding penalty kicks does?

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_14_the_penalty_kick

Maybe the FIFA website is out of date and needs revamping?
Login to get fewer ads

Bury game on 22:46 - Sep 5 with 2325 viewsdingdangblue

Bury game on 15:45 - Sep 5 by D_Alien

I agree

If the rule hasn't changed, both were unsporting

[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 15:46]

Agree totally.
I'm not quite sure why there is any need to stop/start/stutter in the penalty run up - the law needed to be reworded so it is totally illegal. Son's was rightly disallowed (despite what Tvos says) even if he takes 1 more step to kick the ball his run up has stopped - as he comes to a virtual stand still before kicking the ball.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bury game on 22:51 - Sep 5 with 2316 viewsTVOS1907

Bury game on 22:46 - Sep 5 by dingdangblue

Agree totally.
I'm not quite sure why there is any need to stop/start/stutter in the penalty run up - the law needed to be reworded so it is totally illegal. Son's was rightly disallowed (despite what Tvos says) even if he takes 1 more step to kick the ball his run up has stopped - as he comes to a virtual stand still before kicking the ball.

It's not what I say; it's what the LotG say.

"feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); the referee cautions the kicker."

Had Son completed his run-up? Maybe if he had a reach like Peter Crouch...

Unfortunately, as you say, the Laws are too ambiguous. One man's feint is another man's non-feint, or summat.

Anyway, bury still lost.

Bury game on 23:36 - Sep 5 with 2257 viewsdingdangblue

Bury game on 22:51 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

It's not what I say; it's what the LotG say.

"feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); the referee cautions the kicker."

Had Son completed his run-up? Maybe if he had a reach like Peter Crouch...

Unfortunately, as you say, the Laws are too ambiguous. One man's feint is another man's non-feint, or summat.

Anyway, bury still lost.

Son has stopped his run up - he jogs up to the ball then stops (the jog is the run up) once he stops jogging he should take the kick - he doesn't start jogging again - he takes 1 step then shoots - the ref has decided the run up has stopped so he rightly disallowed the goal.
More importantly bury still lost. 😄

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bury game on 21:40 - Sep 23 with 1696 viewsD_Dale

Bury game on 09:11 - Sep 5 by DaleiLama

Nearly 3 weeks later, the OS gives Luke's dob, as .....

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/teams/first-team/defender/luke-matheson/

(Another source states he was 15 years and 336 days old when he made his debut.)
Bury game on 21:57 - Sep 23 with 1663 viewsSandyman

Bury game on 21:40 - Sep 23 by D_Dale

Nearly 3 weeks later, the OS gives Luke's dob, as .....

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/teams/first-team/defender/luke-matheson/

(Another source states he was 15 years and 336 days old when he made his debut.)

Our oldest player
Nice Spot D Dale
Bury game on 23:05 - Sep 23 with 1576 viewsDaleiLama

Bury game on 21:57 - Sep 23 by Sandyman

Our oldest player
Nice Spot D Dale

Could be one of the shortest careers ever? Scores on his debut but will be in line for his 18th telegram from the Queen next New Year's Day. He's managed to look after his body even better than Hendo. Sport's science is advancing so fast!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024