Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury game 10:49 - Sep 4 with 20266 viewssweetcorn

Whats the entrance costs for tonight’s game?

EDIT: Just seen the other thread.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 10:51]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bury game on 18:54 - Sep 4 with 4898 views442Dale

Bury game on 18:27 - Sep 4 by yumyum

Wont save me nowt.Just goes on the family.It isnt the money really,its just that the competitions are becoming 2nd rate with teams playing scratch squads etc.In the 70's for example,if a small club drew lets say Liverpool,you were guaranteed to see the Liverpool first team (barring an injury of course),but now it would be a mix of kids etc.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 18:30]

And teams like Huddersfield do that in the League and FA Cup against lower league sides. Unfortunately that’s the way the game has gone and it’s not limited to any competition, the money involved in the Premier League has changed things forever.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury game on 18:55 - Sep 4 with 4899 viewsisitme

Bury game on 18:51 - Sep 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

They are both starting!

And Matheson on the bench, who is still at school. Can't wait for the game. Hope he is given a run out.
Bury game on 18:57 - Sep 4 with 4885 viewsyumyum

Of course we do but it does not mean i have to agree with it.Like you say,too much money involved now and league position is where the money is now,not a league cup or fa cup.
Bury game on 18:58 - Sep 4 with 4871 viewsShun

Bury game on 18:55 - Sep 4 by isitme

And Matheson on the bench, who is still at school. Can't wait for the game. Hope he is given a run out.

Adshead and Morley both start with Matheson on the bench. The future looks bright. Great stuff.

A run out for Williams (winger) too.

Edit: Hoti and Tavares on the bench too, two more kids who seem to always do well for the youth side.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 19:00]
Bury game on 19:22 - Sep 4 with 4758 views442Dale

Bury game on 18:57 - Sep 4 by yumyum

Of course we do but it does not mean i have to agree with it.Like you say,too much money involved now and league position is where the money is now,not a league cup or fa cup.

The cups are still infinitely more interesting than the Premier League though. As illustrated when we played Spurs last season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury game on 19:25 - Sep 4 with 4741 viewsyumyum

Interesting and money are two different things unfortunately.
Bury game on 20:06 - Sep 4 with 4519 viewsTipperaryDale

2-0! Clough and Gillam. Matheson has come on for Randall because of injury.
Bury game on 20:10 - Sep 4 with 4467 viewsmacro

Bury game on 20:06 - Sep 4 by TipperaryDale

Matheson started the move which led to the 2nd. Looks a real talent.
Login to get fewer ads

Bury game on 20:11 - Sep 4 with 4447 viewsSheffdale

Luke Matheson played a part in the build up to the second. Dale's youngest ever debut - taking that title away from that old pro Adshead (whose pro career can be counted in minutes!)
Bury game on 20:16 - Sep 4 with 4386 viewsnordenblue

Not the worst start in the world,Cloughs goal will have gone down well with the visitors
Bury game on 20:25 - Sep 4 with 4253 viewsDale23years

The second goal is the future of rochdale

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Bury game on 21:04 - Sep 4 with 3865 viewsShun

Bury game on 20:25 - Sep 4 by Dale23years

The second goal is the future of rochdale

Great play by Matheson, Adshead and Gillam apparently.
Bury game on 21:22 - Sep 4 with 3676 viewsSheffdale

One back for Shakers. Disputed goal as Lavery evidently broke his stride in run up to take penalty. Seem to be tiring a bit.
Bury game on 21:38 - Sep 4 with 3495 viewsnordenblue

Bury game on 21:22 - Sep 4 by Sheffdale

One back for Shakers. Disputed goal as Lavery evidently broke his stride in run up to take penalty. Seem to be tiring a bit.

FT 2.1
Bury game on 21:40 - Sep 4 with 3445 viewsDaleiLama

Bury game on 21:04 - Sep 4 by Shun

Great play by Matheson, Adshead and Gillam apparently.

You never win anything with kids

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bury game on 21:50 - Sep 4 with 3276 viewsoff2div1

How old is Matterson?
Bury game on 21:51 - Sep 4 with 3262 viewsisitme

Bury game on 21:50 - Sep 4 by off2div1

How old is Matterson?

15? He is still at school.
Bury game on 21:58 - Sep 4 with 3173 viewsSheffdale

Bury game on 21:51 - Sep 4 by isitme

15? He is still at school.

15 - given man of the match and seemed to have earned it. Great to see the youth team playing their part this evening.
Bury game on 22:03 - Sep 4 with 3102 viewsShun

Bury game on 21:58 - Sep 4 by Sheffdale

15 - given man of the match and seemed to have earned it. Great to see the youth team playing their part this evening.

He sounded to be running the show according to comments on Twitter. He’s 15! Extremely encouraging. Is it too soon for him to sample league football? I’d love to hear some reports from those who went tonight.
Bury game on 22:07 - Sep 4 with 3059 views1907

When Matheson came on, everyone around me was a bit concerned. I know he’s 15... but he looks 13. Wouldn’t surprise me if his mum had a picture of him in his uniform on Facebook this morning! Then BAM, he was absolutely unbelievable, unplayable first half even. His performance in the first half was literally sensational. Second half Bury decided to turn up and targeted him a bit more and stopped his forward runs, but what a truly unbelievable performance. Hats off to the lad for stealing Clough’s thunder! Enjoy maths tomorrow son.
Bury game on 22:11 - Sep 4 with 3009 viewsisitme

Bury game on 22:03 - Sep 4 by Shun

He sounded to be running the show according to comments on Twitter. He’s 15! Extremely encouraging. Is it too soon for him to sample league football? I’d love to hear some reports from those who went tonight.

He started off like a house on fire. He had loads of space to attack in and went well. His distribution was good and has good short area quickness. Everything he did pretty much came off as well. In the second half he was challenged more defensively but did well. I don't think he is ready for league football as he is a bit lightweight and he would need to work on his positional sense. Ultimately there is a talented player there, especially going forward.

I thought Morley had a good game. Physically he has developed and played well, keeping the ball moving amd making his tackles.
Bury game on 22:40 - Sep 4 with 2724 viewsNathaniel82

I think Morley will develop into a class player. I really rate him. Whilst I rate Adshead, who I think will end up moving on, Morley quietly goes about his business in a calm and confident way and will be very good imho.
Mathieson stole the show with his first half performance. Showed a little positional naivety but he’s 15. Clearly a big talent there and can’t grumble at the MoM award.
If we can sell Adshead and keep Morley, Mathieson, Wade and Gillam, I’d be very happy.
Gillam btw, scored a goal that was important for him. I believe it’ll be a bit of a monkey off his back that. Had a couple of chances at the end of last season and the beginning of this season that he arguably should have done better with. I’m glad for the kid. Onwards and upwards.
Bury game on 23:12 - Sep 4 with 2520 viewsoff2div1

Did Matherson play Right back/wingback
Bury game on 23:43 - Sep 4 with 2376 viewsDaleFan7

Matheson was great at right back, refreshing to see someone running at defenders and not turn back as soon as they get to them. And he's only 15!

Morley was MoM for me, he was great in midfield and as others have said really seems to have bulked up physically over the summer. Definitely going to be a very good player.

With Clough, you can tell he's got something about it. It took him no time in slamming the ball into the net with a killer instinct, something we've missed since Hogan left.
Bury game on 23:49 - Sep 4 with 2358 viewsJimmyRustler

Matheson was immense first half and I think that because of that, they chose to direct most of their attacks towards the other flank in the second half.

I thought that J.Williams did quite well as he often found himself in the target man role and held the ball up well whilst winning a few headers - it was just a pity he couldn't finish his chance.

Morley and Adshead already look like they know exactly how to play together and Rathbone also slotted in nicely when needed.

Gillaim ran his socks off and deserved the goal but his finishing is still below par and if he's to nail a regular place down then this is something that he will undoubtedly have to work on.

I thought Norman had his best game by a mile too and looked commanding and made a couple of pretty good saves.

McGahey was once again a rock and was really encouraging towards Matheson in the first half - he reminds a bit of Kevin Long when he was with us on loan and is surely a future captain of the team should Hendo ever relinquish that role.

Bury were crap. Their number 15 (think it was Moore) looked a good player but apart from that, they were turd in every aspect. With a little more composure, confidence and experience, we could have won that game 4 or 5 nil. Really encouraging to see youth team players making the step up and we played some really nice football. Glad I went now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024