Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury game 10:49 - Sep 4 with 20269 viewssweetcorn

Whats the entrance costs for tonight’s game?

EDIT: Just seen the other thread.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 10:51]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bury game on 00:11 - Sep 5 with 3867 viewsSandyman

bury first half were as poor as I've ever seen them. Why Carl "bury" Boyeson allowed Gold Tomato (or whatever the thug is called) to do a WWE "Clothes Line" manoeuvre on Randall without any card at all (just a word) was a disgrace. If he'd executed such a move outside Koko's on a Saturday night he would've done time. One had to summise who the ref favoured. And then the Boyeson calamity for a non-penalty award to his favoured team and his reaction to it's rule breaking run up. Rubbish. Second half bury did come into the game more, with no effect. Boyeson was their best player by a mile. We were much faster, passed better and more disciplined throughout.
A nothing game in a nothing cup, but it still shows the gulf in class between us and bury and Boyeson at all levels
As you were.
Bury game on 01:12 - Sep 5 with 3759 viewsShun

I honestly can’t remember the last time I went to a Bury game not expecting an easy win.
Bury game (n/t) on 06:05 - Sep 5 with 3640 viewsrichfoad32

Bury game on 06:36 - Sep 5 with 3575 viewsrochedale

I think everybody needs to stop getting carried away. Getting over excited with how well our young players performed. It was after all, only Bury we were playing.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Bury game on 07:08 - Sep 5 with 3496 viewsNigeriamark

Bury game on 00:11 - Sep 5 by Sandyman

bury first half were as poor as I've ever seen them. Why Carl "bury" Boyeson allowed Gold Tomato (or whatever the thug is called) to do a WWE "Clothes Line" manoeuvre on Randall without any card at all (just a word) was a disgrace. If he'd executed such a move outside Koko's on a Saturday night he would've done time. One had to summise who the ref favoured. And then the Boyeson calamity for a non-penalty award to his favoured team and his reaction to it's rule breaking run up. Rubbish. Second half bury did come into the game more, with no effect. Boyeson was their best player by a mile. We were much faster, passed better and more disciplined throughout.
A nothing game in a nothing cup, but it still shows the gulf in class between us and bury and Boyeson at all levels
As you were.

Might be a nothing cup but now we have a bigger squad it seems to add a lot of value regarding giving fringe or young players a run out in front of a thousand or so fans. People are buzzing about our younger players, and without this cup we wouldn't be seeing them. Yes teams put out a weaker lineup but it still has to be better than just youth or reserve football.
Bury game on 07:39 - Sep 5 with 3419 viewsaleanddale

If for no other reason I am glad I went last night to watch that first 25 minutes when Matheson came on

As others have said he is 15 and looks 13!! He doesn't play like it though...

strong in the tackle and a proper livewire. Everything he tried came off in the first half and at one point when he had ghosted past 4/5 bury statues I thought he was going to go past the entire bury side and score.

Luke did fade second half but what a prospect this lad is!! He should be very proud of his display last night - he came off to a standing ovation.

In a team with a 15 year old + Morley ( my MOM ) Adshead and Gillam the future is bright.

Bury only improved bringing on there top first teamers Styles ( good player ) Adams and Telford? up front.

Bury reminded me of Bromley last year. First half hopeless and we dominated. Second half they did improve quite a bit but Dale should have been home and hosed 4 or 5 nil rather than a nervy last 5 mins.

KIds v the bury first X1 second half tells its own story.

Up the Dale.
Bury game on 08:02 - Sep 5 with 3328 viewssweetcorn

Bury game on 07:39 - Sep 5 by aleanddale

If for no other reason I am glad I went last night to watch that first 25 minutes when Matheson came on

As others have said he is 15 and looks 13!! He doesn't play like it though...

strong in the tackle and a proper livewire. Everything he tried came off in the first half and at one point when he had ghosted past 4/5 bury statues I thought he was going to go past the entire bury side and score.

Luke did fade second half but what a prospect this lad is!! He should be very proud of his display last night - he came off to a standing ovation.

In a team with a 15 year old + Morley ( my MOM ) Adshead and Gillam the future is bright.

Bury only improved bringing on there top first teamers Styles ( good player ) Adams and Telford? up front.

Bury reminded me of Bromley last year. First half hopeless and we dominated. Second half they did improve quite a bit but Dale should have been home and hosed 4 or 5 nil rather than a nervy last 5 mins.

KIds v the bury first X1 second half tells its own story.

Up the Dale.

Lets not rewrite history.. even the second half wasnt bury’s first 11, they made 9 changes.

Promising feom the younger players, wouldnt mind adshead and morley getting a shot in the league, as our midfield has lacked creativity and if these lads can provide it, why not gove them a chance.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bury game on 08:10 - Sep 5 with 3300 viewsmeeee

Surely bury’s penalty should’ve been ruled out? He completey stopped in his run up which I thought was illegal. Would need to see it again though
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 8:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Bury game on 09:11 - Sep 5 with 3142 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bury game on 10:05 - Sep 5 with 3013 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bury game on 00:11 - Sep 5 by Sandyman

As you were.

Sounds like a nasty injury to Connor Randall.....2 games played,subbed off injured in both.
Back to Melwood for recovery, if as Hilly thinks it's a similar to Andy Cannon's cheekbone fracture....just hope we can get him back here,unfinished business.

Is there any video of yesterday's game, would love to see the penalty fracas again.

Surely Boyeson is due to retire?
Bury game on 10:10 - Sep 5 with 3000 viewsSuddenLad

Utterly bizarre. Everyone in the ground knew that Lavery had infringed the rules about the 'run-up' to the penalty. I'm certain Boyeson initially awarded a free kick to Dale and then changed his mind and awarded the goal. Mystifying and unacceptable. Hope we've seen the last of him.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bury game on 10:15 - Sep 5 with 2984 views1907

Bury game on 10:10 - Sep 5 by SuddenLad

Utterly bizarre. Everyone in the ground knew that Lavery had infringed the rules about the 'run-up' to the penalty. I'm certain Boyeson initially awarded a free kick to Dale and then changed his mind and awarded the goal. Mystifying and unacceptable. Hope we've seen the last of him.

Been wishing that for years, a truly dire referee & an embarrassment to the lower leagues.
Bury game on 10:20 - Sep 5 with 2967 views1907

Just watched the highlights on ifollow.

1. That is never a penalty in a million years, absolute dive

2. He absolutely stops dead, how that’s not been disallowed is a joke

3. Williams “finish” was absolutely dire unfortunately

4. Superb finish from Clough

5. One of the worst performances from McNulty I’ve ever witnessed
Bury game on 10:22 - Sep 5 with 2962 viewsTVOS1907

Bury game on 10:10 - Sep 5 by SuddenLad

We need to see again at what point he 'feinted', according to the following extract from the Laws of the Game. ('Feinting' also includes 'stopping')

"feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); the referee cautions the kicker."

Link: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/

If he hadn't completed his run-up (i.e. he wasn't at the point where he's about to kick the ball), then there was nothing wrong with it.

As I said, I can't recall exactly what happened, so we need to wait until it appears on YouTube later today (for those who don't have iFollow) for confirmation.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 10:30]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury game on 10:43 - Sep 5 with 2892 viewsdawlishdale

Bury game on 10:22 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

We need to see again at what point he 'feinted', according to the following extract from the Laws of the Game. ('Feinting' also includes 'stopping')

"feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); the referee cautions the kicker."

Link: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/

If he hadn't completed his run-up (i.e. he wasn't at the point where he's about to kick the ball), then there was nothing wrong with it.

As I said, I can't recall exactly what happened, so we need to wait until it appears on YouTube later today (for those who don't have iFollow) for confirmation.

My view, it was never a penalty. Their lad clearly dived. I'm certain video footage will show this to be the case.

Once it was being taken there was a clear stop at the end of the run up, followed by one stride to take the kick. Boyesen appeared to blow for a free kick which left several Bury players complaining, including the scorer. He then signalled a goal, leaving several Dale players complaining.

Another talking point in a mostly entertaining game, which demonstrates the gulf in class between the two clubs.

Full marks to our kids for rising to the occasion...less than full marks to Williams and especially McNulty, who were poor.
Bury game on 10:58 - Sep 5 with 2852 viewsTVOS1907

Bury game on 10:43 - Sep 5 by dawlishdale

My view, it was never a penalty. Their lad clearly dived. I'm certain video footage will show this to be the case.

Once it was being taken there was a clear stop at the end of the run up, followed by one stride to take the kick. Boyesen appeared to blow for a free kick which left several Bury players complaining, including the scorer. He then signalled a goal, leaving several Dale players complaining.

Another talking point in a mostly entertaining game, which demonstrates the gulf in class between the two clubs.

Full marks to our kids for rising to the occasion...less than full marks to Williams and especially McNulty, who were poor.

Yes, would agree with all that.

I was sat near to the Sandy Lane End in the second half, so I didn't have the best view of what happened before, during and after the penalty, so I'm looking forward to seeing the YouTube footage later.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury game on 12:32 - Sep 5 with 2657 viewsQuigley_dale

[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 12:34]
Bury game on 13:05 - Sep 5 with 2514 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Looking at the penalty (from the video)....it looks like Boyesen glances towards Norman just as Lavatory is taking the kick and he misses the stop, looks to lino who offers fa help.

Total tosser,hope we never see him in a game that really counts

Video also confirms "mare" McNulty and too casual Williams.
Bury game on 13:08 - Sep 5 with 2492 viewsJimmyRustler

If that penalty isn't a contravention of the rules then I don't know what is
Bury game on 13:18 - Sep 5 with 2446 views442Dale

Bury game on 13:05 - Sep 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Looking at the penalty (from the video)....it looks like Boyesen glances towards Norman just as Lavatory is taking the kick and he misses the stop, looks to lino who offers fa help.

Total tosser,hope we never see him in a game that really counts

Video also confirms "mare" McNulty and too casual Williams.

Williams had a good game. He wasn’t at all casual with any of his play, he missed a chance with his wrong foot.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury game on 13:44 - Sep 5 with 2343 views1907

Bury game on 13:18 - Sep 5 by 442Dale

Williams had a good game. He wasn’t at all casual with any of his play, he missed a chance with his wrong foot.

Williams tried harder and put himself about more than I’ve ever seen before. It’s such a shame about that finish because it really was poor, would have done him the world of good.
Bury game on 14:12 - Sep 5 with 2277 viewstony_roch975

Bury game on 13:44 - Sep 5 by 1907

Williams tried harder and put himself about more than I’ve ever seen before. It’s such a shame about that finish because it really was poor, would have done him the world of good.

Agree - his energy closing down set the tempo from the off and he kept battling and stood up to a lot of physical pressure from Bury's 2nd half change of formation & personnel.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Bury game on 14:14 - Sep 5 with 2265 viewslove_the_dale

Bury game on 10:22 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

Thanks for clarifying the law. Having now seen the video, the 'stop' was during the run up, before he reached the ball. Thus he did not break the law and the ref was right to award the goal.
Bury game on 14:20 - Sep 5 with 2241 viewstony_roch975

Bury game on 22:07 - Sep 4 by 1907

When Matheson came on, everyone around me was a bit concerned. I know he’s 15... but he looks 13. Wouldn’t surprise me if his mum had a picture of him in his uniform on Facebook this morning! Then BAM, he was absolutely unbelievable, unplayable first half even. His performance in the first half was literally sensational. Second half Bury decided to turn up and targeted him a bit more and stopped his forward runs, but what a truly unbelievable performance. Hats off to the lad for stealing Clough’s thunder! Enjoy maths tomorrow son.

unfazed, no fear attacking - just like his Youth Team performances I've seen. Highlights also show him covering on the line brilliantly near the end. Got done a few times in 2nd half and suspect he will always be better going forward than defending, like all attacking FB/WB. Showed Raff etc what the position demands.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 14:52]

Bury game on 14:22 - Sep 5 with 2227 viewstony_roch975

Bury game on 22:11 - Sep 4 by isitme

He started off like a house on fire. He had loads of space to attack in and went well. His distribution was good and has good short area quickness. Everything he did pretty much came off as well. In the second half he was challenged more defensively but did well. I don't think he is ready for league football as he is a bit lightweight and he would need to work on his positional sense. Ultimately there is a talented player there, especially going forward.

I thought Morley had a good game. Physically he has developed and played well, keeping the ball moving amd making his tackles.

Agree about Morley and of all the younger players, he kept going best to the end - that leap to stop the cross, then fight to win the goal kick in the last minute was superb.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 14:51]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024