Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans 21:52 - Sep 26 with 14621 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 10:43 - Sep 27 with 1319 viewszedlep

I like where the club is now. I don’t like the Premiership, it’s typical football or the big mouthed, moneyfixated tossers it attracts and worships. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my team being regarded as part of the worlds elite, if only by association and I liked the tv money that suggested our little club might become financially viable at least for the midterm. Sadly, the club officials didn’t have the ability to stick to their principles on and off the pitch when we had been in the league for 3+ years and threw absurd amounts of money at no-hope deals. But what a time to be a Swans supporter! We’ve got some young, hungry guns on the pitch playing their hearts out and with more than a touch of the style that made the club special and us proud. We’ve got a great prospect from Llangyfelach and even a lad called Daniel James (Gwyrosydd) playing for us! I also get to see them more often on the goggle box where they are now referred to as a proper going concern and not as the opposition of one of the supposedly ‘great’ clubs that if we beat them its due to them having an off day instead of getting turned over by a small club who did really well. Cardiff look to be trying not to get sucked in to the ‘spend big/stay up’ roller coaster and hopefully for them, they can stick to that principle for longer than we did. Not that I really want them to stay up you understand.....

Zedzdead

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:30 - Sep 27 with 1289 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 10:43 - Sep 27 by zedlep

I like where the club is now. I don’t like the Premiership, it’s typical football or the big mouthed, moneyfixated tossers it attracts and worships. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my team being regarded as part of the worlds elite, if only by association and I liked the tv money that suggested our little club might become financially viable at least for the midterm. Sadly, the club officials didn’t have the ability to stick to their principles on and off the pitch when we had been in the league for 3+ years and threw absurd amounts of money at no-hope deals. But what a time to be a Swans supporter! We’ve got some young, hungry guns on the pitch playing their hearts out and with more than a touch of the style that made the club special and us proud. We’ve got a great prospect from Llangyfelach and even a lad called Daniel James (Gwyrosydd) playing for us! I also get to see them more often on the goggle box where they are now referred to as a proper going concern and not as the opposition of one of the supposedly ‘great’ clubs that if we beat them its due to them having an off day instead of getting turned over by a small club who did really well. Cardiff look to be trying not to get sucked in to the ‘spend big/stay up’ roller coaster and hopefully for them, they can stick to that principle for longer than we did. Not that I really want them to stay up you understand.....

Very good post

I still want to get back up and I still blame Jenkins and Co for the summer of 2016 when they completely put all their efforts into selling the club instead of looking after the playing squad.

But it's done now and we need to move on, and you're right, this league has been a breath of fresh air so far...

But the ultimate aim is ambition and that means we'd all enjoy another promotion, plus I think this could cement us as one of the modern days bigger clubs.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:35 - Sep 27 with 1283 viewsjack247

I don’t think it’s any of them really. I think they have lost a bit of interest since relegation and are more focused on their other investments. I expect them to just keep us ticking over until they can move the club on.

I don’t buy into this embezzling money or asset stripping propaganda, neither do I think they care about the clubs medium or long term future. They are investors, some of their investments will make profits, some will make losses. We shouldn’t be falling into the trap of thinking SCFC is the be all and end all to them. Kaplan said something similar himself.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:45 - Sep 27 with 1276 viewsChief

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:55 - Sep 27 by ItchySphincter

Option three might imply criminal so I don't think that is the case. Make money, yes, extract it illegally, highly doubt it.

The option states 'underhandedly' so not necessarily illegal. But I'd guess small payments through various avenues have been taken out via consultancy / management fees / interest since they bought their shares. Not illegal, but not ideal.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:51 - Sep 27 with 1273 viewsChief

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:45 - Sep 27 by Chief

The option states 'underhandedly' so not necessarily illegal. But I'd guess small payments through various avenues have been taken out via consultancy / management fees / interest since they bought their shares. Not illegal, but not ideal.

You add to that wages to some of their buddies like Altman, Donovan, Choudhri, Pearlman. Expenses any time one of the 27 decide to have a jolly up. I doubt they're flying by Ryanair or staying in the premier inn. It all adds up.

And because there are 27 of them, some of which probably didn't put a great amount in, there's little risk and are happy with a few bob making it back to them in dribs and drabs and having perks.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:08 - Sep 27 with 1223 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:35 - Sep 27 by jack247

I don’t think it’s any of them really. I think they have lost a bit of interest since relegation and are more focused on their other investments. I expect them to just keep us ticking over until they can move the club on.

I don’t buy into this embezzling money or asset stripping propaganda, neither do I think they care about the clubs medium or long term future. They are investors, some of their investments will make profits, some will make losses. We shouldn’t be falling into the trap of thinking SCFC is the be all and end all to them. Kaplan said something similar himself.

Yes, well I reminded Chad yesterday as well.

But make a choice from the 3.

But before you do you perhaps need to take on board whilst it isn't the be all and end all it was still an outlay of 100m dollars and they have a chance of getting the most of that back by the Club itself finding success again.

The club doesn't need their money, it can do it all by itself with all the stars and noon in alignment, similar to what we've done before.

Use your vote

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:10 - Sep 27 with 1219 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:45 - Sep 27 by Chief

But also not even a scratch towards getting anything like their money back. You're talking peanuts compared to their initial investment.

And I didn't want to use the word illegal for obvious reasons.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:13 - Sep 27 with 1215 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:51 - Sep 27 by Chief

You add to that wages to some of their buddies like Altman, Donovan, Choudhri, Pearlman. Expenses any time one of the 27 decide to have a jolly up. I doubt they're flying by Ryanair or staying in the premier inn. It all adds up.

And because there are 27 of them, some of which probably didn't put a great amount in, there's little risk and are happy with a few bob making it back to them in dribs and drabs and having perks.

It doesn't work like that. You're not going to have any of the 25 using club money to transport them anywhere or getting any perks from SCFC, unless they may get the odd ticket etc, which I very much doubt they're bothered by.

Login to get fewer ads

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:42 - Sep 27 with 1190 viewsDarran

This poll is going well anyway. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:50 - Sep 27 with 1180 viewsjack247

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:08 - Sep 27 by _

Yes, well I reminded Chad yesterday as well.

But make a choice from the 3.

But before you do you perhaps need to take on board whilst it isn't the be all and end all it was still an outlay of 100m dollars and they have a chance of getting the most of that back by the Club itself finding success again.

The club doesn't need their money, it can do it all by itself with all the stars and noon in alignment, similar to what we've done before.

Use your vote

I haven’t used my vote because I don’t think any of the three options are likely to play out. The £68m is spread between 27 investors. I’d guess they are all very rich people who have money invested in sports teams, businesses, property etc all over the place.

I’d guess their plan is to get us self sufficient or profitable without the PL money (no bad thing obviously) and bide their time until someone makes them an acceptable offer.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:19 - Sep 27 with 1155 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:42 - Sep 27 by Darran

This poll is going well anyway. lol

Well it's a poll so it's designed to gauge opinion and feeling.

You're just a weirdo though aren't you, let's face it.

And to come back to the point you're trying to make then I think the poll is working out very well. It shows a quarter of voters think the club is doing its best to rebuild and grow, and there's probably a few more in this category but for some reason they seem a bit too childish to choose an option, like Jack247.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:21 - Sep 27 with 1153 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:50 - Sep 27 by jack247

I haven’t used my vote because I don’t think any of the three options are likely to play out. The £68m is spread between 27 investors. I’d guess they are all very rich people who have money invested in sports teams, businesses, property etc all over the place.

I’d guess their plan is to get us self sufficient or profitable without the PL money (no bad thing obviously) and bide their time until someone makes them an acceptable offer.

Which is clearly and unequivocally Option 1 but there you go. Let's move on.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:26 - Sep 27 with 1147 viewsleighton1318

I think there should have been an option ‘All of the above’

£68m down, anything they can get back short term is p155ing in the wind, bringing the costs in line with income is hard enough, the idea of them getting rich off an asset strip doesn’t seem credible to me, although of course it’s hard to be certain from the outside and not knowing the timing of transfer cash movements, for example.

I think (if the team continue to do well,by which I mean a real shot at the playoff places) there will be a choice for the shareholders in January of whether to invest, say, £10m on two or three appropriate signings (if available) to strengthen the team for the rest for the season and have a real go at getting straight back up, because that’s where the money is and they may take the view that will be their best shot at making a return. Life in the championship is fun so far, from a supporter perspective (IMO anyway) but no one is going to get rich doing it, as income shrinks. Option B is more akin to organic growth: develop largely from within and hope that’s good enough to build a promotion team over, say, 2-3 years.

PS gut feel says option B. Sending good money after bad might be how the shareholders see it
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 14:27]
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:27 - Sep 27 with 1144 viewsjack247

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:21 - Sep 27 by _

Which is clearly and unequivocally Option 1 but there you go. Let's move on.

No, it isn’t. I don’t think there’s a lot of rebuild or grow in their strategy. If you’d put an option up for stabilise and cut their losses when an offer comes along, I’d have voted for it. Not really sure why offering an opinion that’s not on a limited poll is childish either.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:33 - Sep 27 with 1138 views34dfgdf54

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:26 - Sep 27 by leighton1318

I think there should have been an option ‘All of the above’

£68m down, anything they can get back short term is p155ing in the wind, bringing the costs in line with income is hard enough, the idea of them getting rich off an asset strip doesn’t seem credible to me, although of course it’s hard to be certain from the outside and not knowing the timing of transfer cash movements, for example.

I think (if the team continue to do well,by which I mean a real shot at the playoff places) there will be a choice for the shareholders in January of whether to invest, say, £10m on two or three appropriate signings (if available) to strengthen the team for the rest for the season and have a real go at getting straight back up, because that’s where the money is and they may take the view that will be their best shot at making a return. Life in the championship is fun so far, from a supporter perspective (IMO anyway) but no one is going to get rich doing it, as income shrinks. Option B is more akin to organic growth: develop largely from within and hope that’s good enough to build a promotion team over, say, 2-3 years.

PS gut feel says option B. Sending good money after bad might be how the shareholders see it
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 14:27]

Option B would be pretty much impossible I thought? The trust would have their share aswell...
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:56 - Sep 27 with 1126 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:27 - Sep 27 by jack247

No, it isn’t. I don’t think there’s a lot of rebuild or grow in their strategy. If you’d put an option up for stabilise and cut their losses when an offer comes along, I’d have voted for it. Not really sure why offering an opinion that’s not on a limited poll is childish either.

You don't think we're rebuilding??

Right....

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:57 - Sep 27 with 1125 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:33 - Sep 27 by 34dfgdf54

Option B would be pretty much impossible I thought? The trust would have their share aswell...

But it wouldn't make it impossible. It would just mean the Trust receives a windfall as well.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:14 - Sep 27 with 1108 viewsMattG

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:53 - Sep 27 by _

But that's a different can of worms and a relegation panic sale was never going to be straightforward.

It seems to me you don't want to give them even a chance because of your time on the Trust. Basically it's what every single one of you is programmed to say, Lisa being the most vocal.

Wrong. If that's how I felt then I would have picked one of the other options but I don't think either of those is true.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:22 - Sep 27 with 1094 viewsBadlands

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:14 - Sep 27 by MattG

Wrong. If that's how I felt then I would have picked one of the other options but I don't think either of those is true.

Jesus wept, I've seen some shyte on here but this poll dregs new depths.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:44 - Sep 27 with 1072 viewsjack247

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:56 - Sep 27 by _

You don't think we're rebuilding??

Right....

Don’t get me wrong, Potter seems the perfect manager for a rebuild. Do you think that’s enough on its own? Dismantle last seasons squad, barely replace any of them and rely on the management team moulding the current squad into a promotion team?
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:48 - Sep 27 with 1070 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:44 - Sep 27 by jack247

Don’t get me wrong, Potter seems the perfect manager for a rebuild. Do you think that’s enough on its own? Dismantle last seasons squad, barely replace any of them and rely on the management team moulding the current squad into a promotion team?

Doesn't matter whether it's enough or even if it works or falls flat on its face, for the purpose of this poll.

The poll is just to gauge whether you think that's the plan.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:49 - Sep 27 with 1069 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:22 - Sep 27 by Badlands

Jesus wept, I've seen some shyte on here but this poll dregs new depths.

Do you mean the results of the poll?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:58 - Sep 27 with 1061 viewsjack247

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:48 - Sep 27 by _

Doesn't matter whether it's enough or even if it works or falls flat on its face, for the purpose of this poll.

Ok fair enough. No, I don’t think that’s the plan, great if it is.

I think the plan is to run us as cheaply as possible and eventually sell us on. I don’t think there’s a lot of appetite to improve or rebuild the squad.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:09 - Sep 27 with 1056 viewsdobjack2

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:48 - Sep 27 by _

Cutting costs and rebuilding yes. Making tough decisions is another matter without knowing the financial position.

I would guess that a lot of other posters are similar in that they would agree with part of one, or more, of the options.

The danger with a limited option poll is that someone can try making more out of it than what it really is. E.g. vote option a and all of a sudden that counts as supporting the board and everything they do. Vote option c and you are a conspiracy theorist without any evidence to back it up.

Much better to have an open debate where everyone respects the right of another poster to disagree with their opinion without resorting to abuse.

That last paragraph isn’t aimed at you in particular as a number of posters are guilty of it to a greater or lesser degree.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:28 - Sep 27 with 1044 viewsChief

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:13 - Sep 27 by _

It doesn't work like that. You're not going to have any of the 25 using club money to transport them anywhere or getting any perks from SCFC, unless they may get the odd ticket etc, which I very much doubt they're bothered by.

I very much doubt any that have come over have paid out if their own pocket for doing so! You know that's going on expenses! Out of the clubs coffers!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024