Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans 21:52 - Sep 26 with 14623 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:20 - Sep 28 with 2051 viewsjack247

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:16 - Sep 28 by _

I accept your subtle apology.

Thank you

That sounds like the kind of shit one of the trolls would say. You’re better than that. I don’t know what you think I’m apologising for and I certainly don’t think the Americans have the same intentions as you.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:02 - Sep 28 with 1961 viewsElmo

Can't be option 3, as the Trust is hopefully continuing to be "forensically all over the financials"
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:08 - Sep 28 with 1932 viewsCooperman

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 09:54 - Sep 28 by jack247

Your second paragraph is fair, albeit a softened stance from yesterday. Yes, the truth is none of us know what the plan is, we’re all speculating.

I do think it’s naive to assume they won’t sell until they get at least their £68m back. What happens in the very plausible scenario that we stabilise as a Championship club and don’t get promoted for the next 10/20 years?

I haven’t softened my stance. What I said via the second paragraph is that we don’t know what the future holds but that what I think it holds is a plan that allows recovery of their investment through sustained growth.

Albeit the growth needed is now considerably larger than it was 12 months ago.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:26 - Sep 28 with 1927 views_

Overall I'm pleased with the results of the poll.

I knew option 3 would win but what's pleasing is a quarter of people who voted are willing to get on side and give them a chance.

I don't think any of us should allow them more than a chance And giving them that doesn't mean blind faith, it just means we need to believe in something again, and what we're seeing is more than a step in the right direction

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:56 - Sep 29 with 1836 viewsQJumpingJack

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:04 - Sep 26 by _

I don't think they're dependent, I think he's still 'handy' for them. I've heard he's had a gutsful though.

Could this mean that Jenkins may walk sometime soon? Pearlman could takeover his duties?
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 09:47 - Sep 30 with 1803 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:56 - Sep 29 by QJumpingJack

Could this mean that Jenkins may walk sometime soon? Pearlman could takeover his duties?

I hope not as we need him around. It's as plain and simple as that.

Keep voting everyone.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 10:21 - Sep 30 with 1785 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Not voting however the costs have been cut. So the only way to gauge their true intentions is if they statrt accepting offers in the January window for our emerging youngsters and don't supply funds for adequate replacements. Is that a fair hypothesis that could allow us to say they're then into bona fide asset striping?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:12 - Sep 30 with 1751 viewsQJumpingJack

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 09:47 - Sep 30 by _

I hope not as we need him around. It's as plain and simple as that.

Keep voting everyone.

Do you know if Jenkins now reports into Pearlman?
Login to get fewer ads

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:14 - Sep 30 with 1751 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:12 - Sep 30 by QJumpingJack

Do you know if Jenkins now reports into Pearlman?

No, but I would bet he's heavily involved in the contract extensions going on right now.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:14 - Oct 8 with 1682 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:15 - Sep 28 by _

You said....

I like many think they will see if they can ride their luck and go back up without risking further funds and have said as much....

Did you, where?

Sorry missed replying to this. Here. Remember the post where you were so busy trying to take the p1ss out of what I didn’t say that you failed to read what I did

VDH
at 12:49 26 Sep 2018

One plan that is clearly in place and has been from the outset is the new owners get out plan if things go wrong

Jason made no attempt to deny this when I put it directly to him long ago. Why would he it is obvious, we do well to remember their objective is profit but failing that getting as much out as they can to replace what they put in the sellouts pockets.

When things go well we can work together for a common success / profit but when things go downhill (as they already significantly have) we should make no mistake what will happen at some stage if we are not lucky enough to get back up with minimal expenditure.Every penny possible, that has gone into the sellouts pockets will be screwed out of the club.

In fact I would suggest they would be negligent in their primary profit objectives if they were not already lining up their ducks at a detailed level.

We would be negligent if we are not looking to protect our 20+ million in order to protect the club in future if and when it has been bled dry.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:15 - Oct 8 with 1648 viewsBadlands

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 10:21 - Sep 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Not voting however the costs have been cut. So the only way to gauge their true intentions is if they statrt accepting offers in the January window for our emerging youngsters and don't supply funds for adequate replacements. Is that a fair hypothesis that could allow us to say they're then into bona fide asset striping?

Man City come information Rodon towards the end of the window.
Joe is offer £gazillion and a chance at being a star with one of the best teams in he world, his future secured and developing in a stratospheric atmosphere. Who, with great self confidence, wouldn't take that.

We get a decent deal - outstanding payment on Bony written off and few £million, but not enough money or time to replace the CB.

Outcome.

More nonsense about the shareholders making £billions.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:23 - Oct 8 with 1641 viewsmajorraglan

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:14 - Oct 8 by chad

Sorry missed replying to this. Here. Remember the post where you were so busy trying to take the p1ss out of what I didn’t say that you failed to read what I did

VDH

One plan that is clearly in place and has been from the outset is the new owners get out plan if things go wrong

Jason made no attempt to deny this when I put it directly to him long ago. Why would he it is obvious, we do well to remember their objective is profit but failing that getting as much out as they can to replace what they put in the sellouts pockets.

When things go well we can work together for a common success / profit but when things go downhill (as they already significantly have) we should make no mistake what will happen at some stage if we are not lucky enough to get back up with minimal expenditure.Every penny possible, that has gone into the sellouts pockets will be screwed out of the club.

In fact I would suggest they would be negligent in their primary profit objectives if they were not already lining up their ducks at a detailed level.

We would be negligent if we are not looking to protect our 20+ million in order to protect the club in future if and when it has been bled dry.

I would prefer to see the Trust sell it’s holding at the same price the sellers received and keep the money for a rainy day.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:24 - Oct 8 with 1637 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:14 - Oct 8 by chad

VDH

It's hardly you proclaiming that fact though is it. It's more you bleating on about their famous exit plan that only you felt important enough to think about because YOU asked Levien the question.

The point you're making is they will look to screw us for every penny.

You just won't admit to yourself that what they're doing makes sense for us and them.

On reflection of your weak comeback, I was totally correct to take the 'piss' out of you.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:26 - Oct 8 with 1635 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:15 - Oct 8 by Badlands

Man City come information Rodon towards the end of the window.
Joe is offer £gazillion and a chance at being a star with one of the best teams in he world, his future secured and developing in a stratospheric atmosphere. Who, with great self confidence, wouldn't take that.

We get a decent deal - outstanding payment on Bony written off and few £million, but not enough money or time to replace the CB.

Outcome.

More nonsense about the shareholders making £billions.

We wouldn't get a decent deal with him having 6 months left on a youth contract though. Otherwise I agree with your gist.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:57 - Oct 8 with 1601 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:23 - Oct 8 by majorraglan

I would prefer to see the Trust sell it’s holding at the same price the sellers received and keep the money for a rainy day.

I agree 100%
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:03 - Oct 8 with 1589 viewsShaky

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:57 - Oct 8 by chad

I agree 100%

I agree in principle too, but in my view the relatively assured on-field performances mask the fact that it is actually pissing down in terms of the financial situation.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:04 - Oct 8 with 1547 viewsMoscowJack

I don't think it's 1, 2, 3 or all of the above......

Firstly, the part that Chris is right about is that they won't get all their money back unless we go back up. At the moment, we probably have about 20% chance of going up, at best, but I think we have a lot better chance than we did on the night before the season started.

I think the Yanks are p!ssed off with the way things have gone - relegation and a legal battle with the fans' representative are two of the worst things that could have happened. That's why I think they took the approach of not wanting to put another penny into the club this season. I almost feel like they want to punish some people, but I doubt that's true.

I think they have access to money, but would sell tomorrow if they could. I think it's all gone as wrong for them as it could have and I wouldn't be surprised if they thought of us as just an expensive mistake.

I don't think they're asset-stripping, but they're probably not far off not caring a jot about the club either.

Allowing so many players to leave in the summer without adequate replacements showed their hunger (or lack of) for an immediate return to the PL. If they were determined to go back up, they would have backed the manager far better than they did. All we saw was a desperate fire-sale, totally in the knowledge that we'd be forced to use far more kids than anyone would have wanted and no way of knowing whether they would be able to step up or not. In fact, the bigger probability was relegation, which backs up my belief that they have practically given up. I know Chris will say "they'll never get their investment back if they don't go up" but there's also a case of them wondering if it's worth throwing good money after bad.

I'm sure they'll say differently and I'm sure our exciting performances have got their interested a bit, but I don't believe that they are in it for the long-haul, no matter how many times they pretend they are.

The biggest test will be in January - will they sell the likes of Rodon, Celina, Ollie, Mike or Roberts or will they back Potter with the help that he needs if a realistic promotion bid is going to be attempted in the 2nd half of the season? Only time will tell, but I think they'll sell anyone they can and not necessarily for the best money possible either!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:25 - Oct 8 with 1513 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:24 - Oct 8 by _

It's hardly you proclaiming that fact though is it. It's more you bleating on about their famous exit plan that only you felt important enough to think about because YOU asked Levien the question.

The point you're making is they will look to screw us for every penny.

You just won't admit to yourself that what they're doing makes sense for us and them.

On reflection of your weak comeback, I was totally correct to take the 'piss' out of you.

Oh you are funny T2C, Bleat on?

I am merely a mewling babe at the feet of the master

I would have thought for you to imply I had not said something and for me to prove I most definitely did would be good enough comeback for you.

The fact I did not kiss ass but presented it in a realistic way as a profit based decision for our new majority owners with the obvious eventual consequences if things continue to go downhill makes no difference.

Of course whatever I think, they may decide to cut and run at any time; because despite your protestations that there is no ongoing cost to them in carrying on, as I already explained above this is most definitely not correct if they are not able to turn things round.

And given they have already managed to relegate one of the top ten longest serving PL clubs then them managing to turn things round is far from a given.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:40 - Oct 8 with 1487 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:25 - Oct 8 by chad

Oh you are funny T2C, Bleat on?

I am merely a mewling babe at the feet of the master

I would have thought for you to imply I had not said something and for me to prove I most definitely did would be good enough comeback for you.

The fact I did not kiss ass but presented it in a realistic way as a profit based decision for our new majority owners with the obvious eventual consequences if things continue to go downhill makes no difference.

Of course whatever I think, they may decide to cut and run at any time; because despite your protestations that there is no ongoing cost to them in carrying on, as I already explained above this is most definitely not correct if they are not able to turn things round.

And given they have already managed to relegate one of the top ten longest serving PL clubs then them managing to turn things round is far from a given.

You proved nothing.

I've replied and made it quite clear what I thought of your weak comeback.

No point repeating myself.

And you seem to think being one of the top ten longest serving member of the EPL is a point to prove how cemented in that league we were, when quite clearly and evidently, you proved the exact opposite.

I'm also curious, what personal costs to Levien and Kaplan would there be in turning our fortunes around?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:03 - Oct 8 with 1425 viewsmajorraglan

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:04 - Oct 8 by MoscowJack

I don't think it's 1, 2, 3 or all of the above......

Firstly, the part that Chris is right about is that they won't get all their money back unless we go back up. At the moment, we probably have about 20% chance of going up, at best, but I think we have a lot better chance than we did on the night before the season started.

I think the Yanks are p!ssed off with the way things have gone - relegation and a legal battle with the fans' representative are two of the worst things that could have happened. That's why I think they took the approach of not wanting to put another penny into the club this season. I almost feel like they want to punish some people, but I doubt that's true.

I think they have access to money, but would sell tomorrow if they could. I think it's all gone as wrong for them as it could have and I wouldn't be surprised if they thought of us as just an expensive mistake.

I don't think they're asset-stripping, but they're probably not far off not caring a jot about the club either.

Allowing so many players to leave in the summer without adequate replacements showed their hunger (or lack of) for an immediate return to the PL. If they were determined to go back up, they would have backed the manager far better than they did. All we saw was a desperate fire-sale, totally in the knowledge that we'd be forced to use far more kids than anyone would have wanted and no way of knowing whether they would be able to step up or not. In fact, the bigger probability was relegation, which backs up my belief that they have practically given up. I know Chris will say "they'll never get their investment back if they don't go up" but there's also a case of them wondering if it's worth throwing good money after bad.

I'm sure they'll say differently and I'm sure our exciting performances have got their interested a bit, but I don't believe that they are in it for the long-haul, no matter how many times they pretend they are.

The biggest test will be in January - will they sell the likes of Rodon, Celina, Ollie, Mike or Roberts or will they back Potter with the help that he needs if a realistic promotion bid is going to be attempted in the 2nd half of the season? Only time will tell, but I think they'll sell anyone they can and not necessarily for the best money possible either!

Lots of good points, if the club is in touch with the play off places and the leaders they may be prepared to put a few extra quid in come January for a loan or 3 because I feel that will be their best chance of taking the club back to the Premier League. At the moment the club is 3ponts off the play offs and 7 off an automatic spot, had things gone differently on Saturday then they would be in a play off spot and looking up at the top two. The youngster are doing ok, it’s a pity there wasn’t a little bit more experience and quality in the squad because I think it would make all the difference.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 00:34 - Oct 9 with 1404 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:03 - Oct 8 by majorraglan

Lots of good points, if the club is in touch with the play off places and the leaders they may be prepared to put a few extra quid in come January for a loan or 3 because I feel that will be their best chance of taking the club back to the Premier League. At the moment the club is 3ponts off the play offs and 7 off an automatic spot, had things gone differently on Saturday then they would be in a play off spot and looking up at the top two. The youngster are doing ok, it’s a pity there wasn’t a little bit more experience and quality in the squad because I think it would make all the difference.

The football is doing more than OK precisely for the reasons no one is willing to credit the Club for.

That's the choice some are making, fine.

I see it as it is and what's happened.

They sat around a table and reviewed our situation and made some of the best decisions the Club's made in recent times

Everyone is rightly praising Potter but all too conveniently forgetting why he's here in the first place, but more than that, who he's brought with him as well.

This appointment of Graham Potter and decision to move away from our old recruitment system was a massive statement of intent that deserves even more credit than what Potter's achieved so far.

The Club knew exactly what they wanted and what the fans were going to get.

Potter knew exactly what he was coming into and the rebuilding job he had in front of him. That was another reason we actually went for Potter in the first place.

You simply cannot hail Potter without shouting even louder for the people who had the foresight to bring him in.

It was a gutsy move and we're all over the moon with it.

The financials don't stack up td everyone and that's fine, it's not easy to grasp how big business operates and company accounts and what you can and can't take from your company, even if you are the major controlling shareholders.

It was never about not backing Potter. It was always about rebuilding our football club from the bottom up.

The people who appointed Potter and his team and Potter himself who's more than getting a tune out of his players deserve a chance to evolve gradually and successfully in a positive environment.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 10:04 - Oct 9 with 1351 viewsMoscowJack

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 00:34 - Oct 9 by _

The football is doing more than OK precisely for the reasons no one is willing to credit the Club for.

That's the choice some are making, fine.

I see it as it is and what's happened.

They sat around a table and reviewed our situation and made some of the best decisions the Club's made in recent times

Everyone is rightly praising Potter but all too conveniently forgetting why he's here in the first place, but more than that, who he's brought with him as well.

This appointment of Graham Potter and decision to move away from our old recruitment system was a massive statement of intent that deserves even more credit than what Potter's achieved so far.

The Club knew exactly what they wanted and what the fans were going to get.

Potter knew exactly what he was coming into and the rebuilding job he had in front of him. That was another reason we actually went for Potter in the first place.

You simply cannot hail Potter without shouting even louder for the people who had the foresight to bring him in.

It was a gutsy move and we're all over the moon with it.

The financials don't stack up td everyone and that's fine, it's not easy to grasp how big business operates and company accounts and what you can and can't take from your company, even if you are the major controlling shareholders.

It was never about not backing Potter. It was always about rebuilding our football club from the bottom up.

The people who appointed Potter and his team and Potter himself who's more than getting a tune out of his players deserve a chance to evolve gradually and successfully in a positive environment.

The scenario I imagine happened is that, as soon as we were relegated, the Yanks told HJ that everyone must go as they wouldn't fund any losses and would do anything in order to break even.

Once that was clear, it was important to have a manager capable of working closely with kids to get the best out of them. Choosing Potter was a superb move and everyone deserves credit for it - it's the sort of correct appointment that we haven't been making for years.

What it doesn't do is force us to forget the horrendous mistakes that got us relegated and the lack of experienced cover in certain positions right now. Regardless of what's been said in the media, I don't believe for one second that Potter was happy with his squad before the season kicked off and believe that he should have been backed with a few more signings, even if just to reduce the pressure on some of the kids who aren't quite ready to step up yet.

If the Yanks REALLY wanted promotion at the first attempt, they would have gone the extra mile to ensure we had a more balanced squad, so either they don't care about going back up (a very unlikely scenario), they don't have the funds to "invest" (quite possible) or they're sick of the legal issues and continuous hassle the club's made for them (also quite possible).

Either way, we will only really see the Yanks' full intentions in the January window as they'll have offers for some of our stars whilst also having the opportunity to back surely the best manager we've had since first-year Laudrup or Brendan. What they decide to do will prove their intentions.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 10:28 - Oct 9 with 1333 viewsBadlands

Given Potter's time at OFK I'm pretty sure he would have been quite happy with the squad, realised players were targeted but refused to transfer to us and he had a ready made supply of young payers (which is what he was used to managing in Sweden) but would, like all managers wanted more.

As for promotion - the majority shareholders have, from day one, said financial stability and sustainability are the priority and that would be a long term project.

From my perspective,
we should be aiming to be in the Premier League but only if we can compete on and of the field
the quality of play, all-be-it at. flower lever is more enjoyable

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:55 - Oct 9 with 1281 viewsLord_Bony

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:12 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

We shall see.

Potter is obviously a step in the right direction, but it remains to be seen if retaining Huw "hapless negotiator" Jenkins is.

He's not off to a good start if rejecting a solid offer for Jordan Ayew only to end up loaning him out a week later is any indication.

Not to mention not reappointing Brendan Rodgers when he had a chance instead of ending up with Clement.

Had that been the case of Rodgers as manager we d still have been in the premier league.

Total balls up.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:58 - Oct 9 with 1276 viewsDr_Winston

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:55 - Oct 9 by Lord_Bony

Not to mention not reappointing Brendan Rodgers when he had a chance instead of ending up with Clement.

Had that been the case of Rodgers as manager we d still have been in the premier league.

Total balls up.

Not appointing Rodgers would have been fine if Guidolin had been backed.

Instead we overlooked Rodgers and stabbed Francesco in the back. Two galactic bits of stupidity in one go.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024