Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans 21:52 - Sep 26 with 14622 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:33 - Sep 27 with 1246 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:58 - Sep 27 by jack247

Ok fair enough. No, I don’t think that’s the plan, great if it is.

I think the plan is to run us as cheaply as possible and eventually sell us on. I don’t think there’s a lot of appetite to improve or rebuild the squad.

Ha but bloody hell mate. What on earth would be the point in that?? They'll get nothing back whatsoever mun......

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:35 - Sep 27 with 1245 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:09 - Sep 27 by dobjack2

Cutting costs and rebuilding yes. Making tough decisions is another matter without knowing the financial position.

I would guess that a lot of other posters are similar in that they would agree with part of one, or more, of the options.

The danger with a limited option poll is that someone can try making more out of it than what it really is. E.g. vote option a and all of a sudden that counts as supporting the board and everything they do. Vote option c and you are a conspiracy theorist without any evidence to back it up.

Much better to have an open debate where everyone respects the right of another poster to disagree with their opinion without resorting to abuse.

That last paragraph isn’t aimed at you in particular as a number of posters are guilty of it to a greater or lesser degree.

It's just a poll mate. Nobody is going to have their heads chopped off for picking the ONE option they think is the most likely thing going on at the moment.

There really is no need whatsoever to over complicate this.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:51 - Sep 27 with 1230 viewsjack247

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:33 - Sep 27 by _

Ha but bloody hell mate. What on earth would be the point in that?? They'll get nothing back whatsoever mun......

I think they are resigned to losing money on their investment. If they can get us running within our own means they can sell us off as a financially stable Championship club and claw a bit of it back. They probably see that as a better option than throwing money at a gamble to get back to the PL.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:53 - Sep 27 with 1229 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:33 - Sep 27 by _

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done

Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep
'Cause every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for is to die
in your sleep
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:03 - Sep 27 with 1217 viewsjasper_T

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:28 - Sep 27 by Chief

I very much doubt any that have come over have paid out if their own pocket for doing so! You know that's going on expenses! Out of the clubs coffers!

Hang on, I can claim expenses from companies I have shares in?

Most of the 28 don't have any role at the club. They're entitled to dividends and that's about it.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:11 - Sep 27 with 1207 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:03 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

Most of the 28 don't have any role at the club. They're entitled to dividends and that's about it.

BT certainly used to give perks to their shareholders

And they are not even registered in Delaware

Personally still like to know who was paying the expenses when the sellouts were flogging their personal shares around the globe. Just to check no inappropriate slip ups were made.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:11 - Sep 27 with 1207 viewsdobjack2

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:35 - Sep 27 by _

It's just a poll mate. Nobody is going to have their heads chopped off for picking the ONE option they think is the most likely thing going on at the moment.

There really is no need whatsoever to over complicate this.

But they are your options and not necessarily what people are thinking.

If you are interested in what people think is going on ask that question, don’t over complicate it by limiting their ability to respond.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:02 - Sep 27 with 1181 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:03 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

If you owe a business you can pay people to breathe, there is no requirement for defined role. Is it good use of share holders funds? That's another question.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:25 - Sep 27 with 1163 viewscockneyswan

At the rate they’re selling assets they’ll have most of their ivestment back before they sell the club 😡
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:30 - Sep 27 with 1162 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:53 - Sep 27 by chad

Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
When the dealin's done

Every gambler knows
And knowin' what to keep
And every hand's a loser
in your sleep

I think you've completely missed the objective here. The gambling bit is done, over. If you could call the investment itself a gamble, which they always are. Or if you include the Andre Ayew desperation deal.

No, now it's all about being club self sufficient and for that you don't need to gamble, you just need to make clever, careful choices.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:33 - Sep 27 with 1154 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:11 - Sep 27 by chad

BT certainly used to give perks to their shareholders

And they are not even registered in Delaware

Personally still like to know who was paying the expenses when the sellouts were flogging their personal shares around the globe. Just to check no inappropriate slip ups were made.

What perks were they then, flew you over to America to watch a Superbowl did they?

And you do realise most American Companies are registered in Delaware do you, including Google, Coca Cola, Apple etc??

It means Jack shit Chad. It's a complete non entity of a concern

With what we've seen sincea June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:34 - Sep 27 with 1150 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:11 - Sep 27 by dobjack2

But they are your options and not necessarily what people are thinking.

If you are interested in what people think is going on ask that question, don’t over complicate it by limiting their ability to respond.

Mate I spend enough time on this site I know what people are thinking because they say it often enough.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:35 - Sep 27 with 1146 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:02 - Sep 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

If you owe a business you can pay people to breathe, there is no requirement for defined role. Is it good use of share holders funds? That's another question.

Translator?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:36 - Sep 27 with 1142 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:25 - Sep 27 by cockneyswan

At the rate they’re selling assets they’ll have most of their ivestment back before they sell the club 😡

If they decide not to pay anyone's wages for the rest of the season maybe.

But if they do actually honour that little thing they'll make nothing.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:48 - Sep 27 with 1131 viewsOldjack

the masses are saying ,we're getting a shafting off the Yanks

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:08 - Sep 27 with 1120 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:30 - Sep 27 by _

I think you've completely missed the objective here. The gambling bit is done, over. If you could call the investment itself a gamble, which they always are. Or if you include the Andre Ayew desperation deal.

No, now it's all about being club self sufficient and for that you don't need to gamble, you just need to make clever, careful choices.

Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run

When the dealin's done

Every gambler knows
And knowin' what to keep

And every hand's a loser
in your sleep

The point is the gamble is never over whilst there is still skin to be extracted from the game. That is the point that needs not to be missed

Still think they do not have an exit plan to claw back everything they can if things continue to go down hill? As I said they would be negligent not to and in the current situation be in the preparedness process I would certainly assume.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:11 - Sep 27 with 1114 viewsjasper_T

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:02 - Sep 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

The directors decide that stuff, not simple shareholders.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:15 - Sep 27 with 1112 viewsjack247

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:30 - Sep 27 by _

In theory yes, but that applies to every club, more so to those with higher turnovers than us. Do you honestly trust our owners to make cleverer, more careful choices than their peers?
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:18 - Sep 27 with 1112 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:33 - Sep 27 by _

What perks were they then, flew you over to America to watch a Superbowl did they?

And you do realise most American Companies are registered in Delaware do you, including Google, Coca Cola, Apple etc??

It means Jack shit Chad. It's a complete non entity of a concern

If it means jack shit they are registered in Delaware then why did they bother registering there I wonder.

Along with those bastions of openness and lack of self interest that you mention

BT have a few more shareholders than us so the plane would have been a tad crowded. Plus I was unaware the Super Bowl was their core business, although I am happy to be tutored otherwise if you know better.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:45 - Sep 27 with 1096 viewschad

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:11 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

The directors decide that stuff, not simple shareholders.

And look who has the controlling vote

They were unwilling to disclose the other shareholders identities, but when they were pressed about it at that meeting they attended, didn’t they refer to them as a small group of friends and family?

I am sure they would want to look after friends and family especially when the vehicle they got them to buy has seriously hit the skids and is likely to lose them £m.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:01 - Sep 27 with 1079 viewsCooperman

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:58 - Sep 27 by jack247

Ok fair enough. No, I don’t think that’s the plan, great if it is.

I think the plan is to run us as cheaply as possible and eventually sell us on. I don’t think there’s a lot of appetite to improve or rebuild the squad.

So buy high and sell low?

Definitely not.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:13 - Sep 27 with 1060 viewsChief

Were you part of the consortium that took over those companies?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:18 - Sep 27 with 1029 viewsjack247

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:01 - Sep 27 by Cooperman

So buy high and sell low?

Definitely not.

Yes. They are very unlikely to get their original return back in the Championship. Also very unlikely to get back to the Premier League without subsidising the team. As I said earlier, Levein, Kaplan and the rest of the hedge fund will have investments all over the place, some will work out, some won’t. They won’t throw what they, probably quite rightly, see as good money after bad.

There isn’t a magic formula for clubs our size getting to the PL without a backer. I know we have done it before, but some seem to think the plan is to strip the playing squad very thin, wait a couple of seasons and just go back up again.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:26 - Sep 27 with 1024 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:08 - Sep 27 by chad

Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run

When the dealin's done

Every gambler knows
And knowin' what to keep

And every hand's a loser
in your sleep

The point is the gamble is never over whilst there is still skin to be extracted from the game. That is the point that needs not to be missed

Still think they do not have an exit plan to claw back everything they can if things continue to go down hill? As I said they would be negligent not to and in the current situation be in the preparedness process I would certainly assume.

Jesus Chris Chad I know you're not a dull person but work it out.

They'll get nothing from clawing anything. Let me repeat. Nothing.

They'll have to get us back up if they want some money. There's your bloody exit strategy.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:29 - Sep 27 with 1017 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:15 - Sep 27 by jack247

In theory yes, but that applies to every club, more so to those with higher turnovers than us. Do you honestly trust our owners to make cleverer, more careful choices than their peers?

Well they've got as good a chance as any and arguably can call on a bit of history at getting out of this league once more.

For years we were very scared of this league. Now we all realise it just isn't all that and it's far from beyond the realms of possibility to get up again.

So in short, yes I do. That's what I'm hoping the plan is anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024