Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain petition 17:22 - Mar 21 with 33379 viewsbudegan

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584
Remain petition on 17:49 - Mar 28 with 2142 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Remain petition on 19:57 - Mar 21 by exiledclaseboy

Has to be more substantive than that. I’ve written a few. This isn’t going to change anything of course, not pretending it is.

They can do one !!!

We've had the vote leave means leave, there should never be losers vote for the remoaners to try again !!!
Remain petition on 18:06 - Mar 28 with 2115 viewslonglostjack

Remain petition on 17:49 - Mar 28 by AlfieMooresSon

They can do one !!!

We've had the vote leave means leave, there should never be losers vote for the remoaners to try again !!!

Are you sure you’re not Dudley Moore’s son? You are funny.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Remain petition on 07:33 - Mar 29 with 2050 viewshowenjack

Remain petition on 18:06 - Mar 28 by longlostjack

Are you sure you’re not Dudley Moore’s son? You are funny.

Grand national is in a week's time . I've heard a rumour that if the favourite doesn't win they are going to re run the race.
Remain petition on 07:40 - Mar 29 with 2040 viewsWarwickHunt

Remain petition on 07:33 - Mar 29 by howenjack

Grand national is in a week's time . I've heard a rumour that if the favourite doesn't win they are going to re run the race.

Cool story, bro.
Remain petition on 14:10 - Mar 29 with 1976 viewschad

Remain petition on 13:06 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

One of the reasons it’s so difficult to have a sensible conversation is the constant mistruths.

Just in the last couple of posts you’ve said our rebate is being withdrawn and someone else has said the EU has never been audited.

Both of those statements are factually incorrect. But when that’s pointed out, people just say ‘they are correct’. So how can you have any sort of sensible conversation when one side just continues to repeat stuff which is wrong?

Actually Lisa if you want to talk like that fair enough but let’s at least be honest. It is your post that is “factually incorrect” and contains “mistruths” not mine.

Firstly you say I said “our rebate is being withdrawn”

I did not say that at all, but as usual you like to twist people’s words to fit

what I actually said is

“I think they intend to remove all rebates, which would massively increase the cost to us”

Which is quite different to the definitive statement you falsely say I said.
(Top tip look up the words think and intend)

* What the EU intend to do and and what actually is done, may be 2 very different things
* My actual statement is totally factually correct, that is what I thought and still think. The fact that I used the word think also indicates I am not making a definitive statement of fact. I am more that happy to be corrected if I am wrong in my thinking, which would be quite easy for you to do if that were the case, however.

Secondly there is clear evidence (which informed my thinking) of their ongoing desire and definite intention to remove the very substantial rebate that we receive at the moment (as I said initially negotiated and agreed because of inequality of benefits in relation to their primary CAP scheme).

There is for instance a pretty definitive statement from Senior Administration in the EU, reported in the Independent, the Financial Times and many other sources

-––––––––––––––––––

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union’s budget chief Guenther Oettinger said on Friday Britain would lose its rebate even in the “pleasant but improbable” event of it staying in the bloc.

After Brexit, the EU wants to wind down in stages all the rebates, including those that the Netherlands or Denmark enjoy. The bloc’s executive European Commission has proposed to have none in the next common budget for 2021-2024.

––––––––––––––––––-

The removal of this rebate would increase our net contribution by well over 60% even though we are already major net contributors.

If you have evidence this clear intention has been rescinded I would welcome it.

I am aware it was ruled in December that we could pull out and stay on our current terms and am unaware if anything in relation to that has changed.

That does however not change the clearly stated intention to remove rebates, which it sees as inappropriate in a family of countries. That presumably is regardless of the inequities their chosen policies would seem to create (which is why the rebate was requested and agreed in the first place).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Approximate figures for 2017 - please anyone et me know if you disagree with these figures to any significant extent - they seem roughly correct from other sources I have seen and are taken from the UK Parliament website

UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget (after rebate reduction*)
EU UK spending was forecast to be £4.1 billion
UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at nearly £8.9 billion.

* rebate’–worth about £5.6 billion

So without the rebate the UK’s net contribution would have been almost 63% higher - going from £8.9 billion to £14.5 billion

Of course since the year 2000 the cost of being in Europe has risen exponentially anyway.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remain petition on 15:38 - Mar 29 with 1942 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 14:10 - Mar 29 by chad

Actually Lisa if you want to talk like that fair enough but let’s at least be honest. It is your post that is “factually incorrect” and contains “mistruths” not mine.

what I actually said is

“I think they intend to remove all rebates, which would massively increase the cost to us”

* What the EU intend to do and and what actually is done, may be 2 very different things
* My actual statement is totally factually correct, that is what I thought and still think. The fact that I used the word think also indicates I am not making a definitive statement of fact. I am more that happy to be corrected if I am wrong in my thinking, which would be quite easy for you to do if that were the case, however.

Secondly there is clear evidence (which informed my thinking) of their ongoing desire and definite intention to remove the very substantial rebate that we receive at the moment (as I said initially negotiated and agreed because of inequality of benefits in relation to their primary CAP scheme).

There is for instance a pretty definitive statement from Senior Administration in the EU, reported in the Independent, the Financial Times and many other sources

-––––––––––––––––––

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union’s budget chief Guenther Oettinger said on Friday Britain would lose its rebate even in the “pleasant but improbable” event of it staying in the bloc.

After Brexit, the EU wants to wind down in stages all the rebates, including those that the Netherlands or Denmark enjoy. The bloc’s executive European Commission has proposed to have none in the next common budget for 2021-2024.

––––––––––––––––––-

The removal of this rebate would increase our net contribution by well over 60% even though we are already major net contributors.

If you have evidence this clear intention has been rescinded I would welcome it.

I am aware it was ruled in December that we could pull out and stay on our current terms and am unaware if anything in relation to that has changed.

That does however not change the clearly stated intention to remove rebates, which it sees as inappropriate in a family of countries. That presumably is regardless of the inequities their chosen policies would seem to create (which is why the rebate was requested and agreed in the first place).

Approximate figures for 2017 - please anyone et me know if you disagree with these figures to any significant extent - they seem roughly correct from other sources I have seen and are taken from the UK Parliament website

So without the rebate the UK’s net contribution would have been almost 63% higher - going from £8.9 billion to £14.5 billion

Of course since the year 2000 the cost of being in Europe has risen exponentially anyway.

Sigh.

Two options:

- one is that you are making the point that our rebate will be removed (not sure what the calculation is about, it’s obvious that our rebate reduces the cost to us - the clue is in the term ‘rebate’). The rebate (or any reduction or removal of such) is done as part of the Multiannual financial framework, (the EU’s long-term budget) which requires unanimous agreement among member states, so the UK can veto. It makes no difference whether anyone intends to do anything if we can veto.

- two is that you are creating a straw man argument which is not worth reply.

Neither option changes my view that it’s impossible to have a sensible discussion about the EU pros and cons as too many mistruths are repeated. You can change ‘mistruths’ to ‘mistruths and people making up irrelevant straw-men arguments’ if you prefer.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 15:39]
Remain petition on 20:10 - Mar 29 with 1868 viewsHighjack

They can do one !!!

It would be the action of a banana republic without the bananas.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Remain petition on 21:12 - Mar 29 with 1847 viewsbuilthjack

Hevent they just voted for something, three times?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Remain petition on 23:45 - Mar 29 with 1821 viewsjack_lord

They can do one !!!

So you're saying that a close family member has been found guilty of a serious crime and sentenced to life imprisonment. Despite the fact that there was evidence available that would give the jury the chance to overturn this verdict, they can't because the first verdict is final?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Remain petition on 00:34 - Mar 30 with 1796 viewslonglostjack

Remain petition on 14:10 - Mar 29 by chad

what I actually said is

-––––––––––––––––––

––––––––––––––––––-

Guenther Oettinger Is considered an absolute joke in Germany. Don’t bother citing him. Useless politician but just like Farage he’s due a massive pension.

Remain petition on 00:37 - Mar 30 with 1793 viewsHighjack

Remain petition on 23:45 - Mar 29 by jack_lord

So you're saying that a close family member has been found guilty of a serious crime and sentenced to life imprisonment. Despite the fact that there was evidence available that would give the jury the chance to overturn this verdict, they can't because the first verdict is final?

It’s more like the jury says “not guilty” but the judge says “go on try again”.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Remain petition on 10:31 - Mar 30 with 1729 viewsJango

Remain petition on 00:34 - Mar 30 by longlostjack

Guenther Oettinger Is considered an absolute joke in Germany. Don’t bother citing him. Useless politician but just like Farage he’s due a massive pension.

Just like Donald Tusk is despised in Poland......
Remain petition on 10:43 - Mar 30 with 1723 viewsKilkennyjack

They can do one !!!

But its ok for loser May to have 3 Commons votes on her stupid deal ?

Listen, the fact that you are running scared of democracy is obvious. You know Remain would win by a landslide because the promised unicorns cant be delivered.

You cant avoid reality though - and brexit will cause great suffering to many people. Its a moronic act of self harm.

Only thick tw@@ts would want that ...

Beware of the Risen People

Remain petition on 11:27 - Mar 30 with 1711 viewsmajorraglan

Remain petition on 10:43 - Mar 30 by Kilkennyjack

But its ok for loser May to have 3 Commons votes on her stupid deal ?

Listen, the fact that you are running scared of democracy is obvious. You know Remain would win by a landslide because the promised unicorns cant be delivered.

You cant avoid reality though - and brexit will cause great suffering to many people. Its a moronic act of self harm.

Only thick tw@@ts would want that ...

May has had 3 votes on her deal, MP’s have been able to change their vote and a fair few have changed their position and vote as it suited them, but we are stuck with the exult of a ballot that took place nearly 3 years ago. In the interim period, we have had a general election where people had to change their vote and some did.

There has been a vote and it was in favour of Brexit, but To my mind if it is clear that there has been a significant change in public opinion, then regardless of whether I am pro or against Brexit the Government should recognise that change and be prepared to act on it.
Remain petition on 11:38 - Mar 30 with 1697 viewsunion_jack

Remain petition on 11:27 - Mar 30 by majorraglan

May has had 3 votes on her deal, MP’s have been able to change their vote and a fair few have changed their position and vote as it suited them, but we are stuck with the exult of a ballot that took place nearly 3 years ago. In the interim period, we have had a general election where people had to change their vote and some did.

There has been a vote and it was in favour of Brexit, but To my mind if it is clear that there has been a significant change in public opinion, then regardless of whether I am pro or against Brexit the Government should recognise that change and be prepared to act on it.

Absolutely! That would be democracy in action though leavers see it as a legitimate threat to their original vote and understandably so.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remain petition on 12:29 - Mar 30 with 1671 viewsBarrySwan

It never ceases to amaze me those who claim this that and the other based on their own views and a handful of dodgy opinion polls.

Yet refuse to support the implementation of policies demanded by actual real votes.

Its quite staggering that anyone should be demanding that their own views to enact repeated votes in an effort to actually win in the end before the implementation of a valid 'actual' demonstration of the will of the voting public.

One would have thought that the rewhingers demanding another vote would be so embarrassed by the fact that they were so out of touch with what proved to be the 'true' state of the general publics views on the EU including their own countrymen and women that they would crawl under a stone to lick their deluded wounds for a while but no such luck as they demonstrate their lack of shame or support for democracy.

Of course the infamous opinion polls before and leading up to the referendum were predicting a remain vote even the fool Cameroon received direct polling on the night from his pollster mate assuring him that remain had won by 10%.

Its one thing to whine when you find out that you're so deluded and out of touch with public opinion that you're hopelessly wrong.

Quite another thing to demand that the democratic result of a real actual vote is overturned 'because you want it to'

Heres a little suggestion why not get out of the house more and mix and speak to normal people and then it won't come as such a shock when you find out that you're in a minority thought pool?
Remain petition on 13:09 - Mar 30 with 1653 viewslonglostjack

Remain petition on 12:29 - Mar 30 by BarrySwan

It never ceases to amaze me those who claim this that and the other based on their own views and a handful of dodgy opinion polls.

Yet refuse to support the implementation of policies demanded by actual real votes.

Its quite staggering that anyone should be demanding that their own views to enact repeated votes in an effort to actually win in the end before the implementation of a valid 'actual' demonstration of the will of the voting public.

One would have thought that the rewhingers demanding another vote would be so embarrassed by the fact that they were so out of touch with what proved to be the 'true' state of the general publics views on the EU including their own countrymen and women that they would crawl under a stone to lick their deluded wounds for a while but no such luck as they demonstrate their lack of shame or support for democracy.

Of course the infamous opinion polls before and leading up to the referendum were predicting a remain vote even the fool Cameroon received direct polling on the night from his pollster mate assuring him that remain had won by 10%.

Its one thing to whine when you find out that you're so deluded and out of touch with public opinion that you're hopelessly wrong.

Quite another thing to demand that the democratic result of a real actual vote is overturned 'because you want it to'

Heres a little suggestion why not get out of the house more and mix and speak to normal people and then it won't come as such a shock when you find out that you're in a minority thought pool?

“Quite another thing to demand that the democratic result of a real actual vote is overturned 'because you want it to’”

I agree. May really needs to stop. While we’re at it we can stop holding elections too. I suggest that the will of the people was clearly expressed in the 1945 election.

Remain petition on 13:50 - Mar 30 with 1643 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 12:29 - Mar 30 by BarrySwan

One of the great delusions of this whole process is that a vote against the EU is somehow supportive of ‘normal people’ ‘ordinary people’ or ‘working class people’ and the EU is all about the ‘elites’.

Have a look at those most vociferous in their support. Johnson, Mogg, Farage, Gove.

Have a look at the owners of the newspapers most vociferous in their support.

Doesn’t it make you think again about the ‘Brexit for the good of the working people’ stance? Do people really believe Johnson and Mogg are on their side?

If not, then what is it you think THEY think will happen as a result of us leaving? Bearing in mind they will be in charge of what happens. What do they want? How will that benefit anyone even remotely ‘normal’, ‘ordinary’ or ‘working class’.
Remain petition on 13:58 - Mar 30 with 1633 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 13:50 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

One of the great delusions of this whole process is that a vote against the EU is somehow supportive of ‘normal people’ ‘ordinary people’ or ‘working class people’ and the EU is all about the ‘elites’.

Have a look at those most vociferous in their support. Johnson, Mogg, Farage, Gove.

Doesn’t it make you think again about the ‘Brexit for the good of the working people’ stance? Do people really believe Johnson and Mogg are on their side?

If not, then what is it you think THEY think will happen as a result of us leaving? Bearing in mind they will be in charge of what happens. What do they want? How will that benefit anyone even remotely ‘normal’, ‘ordinary’ or ‘working class’.

Taking that argument one step further,Lisa, you can thus argue virtually all Labour MPs are in the same position with regards to their claims to back the poor, working class etc.
Remain petition on 14:13 - Mar 30 with 1617 viewsHighjack

Remain petition on 13:58 - Mar 30 by bluey_the_blue

Taking that argument one step further,Lisa, you can thus argue virtually all Labour MPs are in the same position with regards to their claims to back the poor, working class etc.

Remain petition on 14:25 - Mar 30 with 1609 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 13:58 - Mar 30 by bluey_the_blue

Not really.

It’s not about the inability of politicians to care about people different to themselves, it’s about a particular breed of politician that are spectacularly venal and self interested and how anyone can think they are supporting policies for the common good.
Remain petition on 14:28 - Mar 30 with 1603 viewsBarrySwan

Remain petition on 13:50 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

I'm not really sure what your point is.

It has become increasingly obvious from the whining of the hard core remainer baying mob that they rather obnoxiously pigeonhole and deride the right or the direction of the voting paths of certain groups of people that they have decided don't agree with their own philosophy.

Unlike them I champion the right to vote of the old,the young ( over 18 of course) the rich, the poor, northerners, southerners, Londoners. the Welsh etc etc.

It becomes ever more apparent that in the eyes of the losers that the rich or old, the working class or any other section or broad grouping of people that they percieve to disagree with their viewpoint aren't fit to have their votes counted.

I feel that this type of attitude just displays the unwanted bigoted insight of a bunch of losers unwilling to come to terms with the fact that the country doesn't agree with them.

And of those who only espouse democracy when votes go their way.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 14:29]
Remain petition on 14:34 - Mar 30 with 1595 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 14:28 - Mar 30 by BarrySwan

It has become increasingly obvious from the whining of the hard core remainer baying mob that they rather obnoxiously pigeonhole and deride the right or the direction of the voting paths of certain groups of people that they have decided don't agree with their own philosophy.

Unlike them I champion the right to vote of the old,the young ( over 18 of course) the rich, the poor, northerners, southerners, Londoners. the Welsh etc etc.

It becomes ever more apparent that in the eyes of the losers that the rich or old, the working class or any other section or broad grouping of people that they percieve to disagree with their viewpoint aren't fit to have their votes counted.

I feel that this type of attitude just displays the unwanted bigoted insight of a bunch of losers unwilling to come to terms with the fact that the country doesn't agree with them.

No baloney Mahoney as the voice of the silent majority is the funniest thing ever on this forum.

Poll: Tory leader

Remain petition on 15:42 - Mar 30 with 1557 viewsWingstandwood

Remain petition on 14:28 - Mar 30 by BarrySwan

Many remainers have genuine fears and concerns. I'm on the fence!

The remainers that should take a long hard look at themselves are the ones that smear the fears, concerns and negative past experiences of Brexiteers and label those Brexiteers racist, thick and bigoted.

One example i.e. I've said on here previously after watching a (non political) statician on ITV News, the mass-immigration population increase (mentioned number of ten Birminghams) is unsustainable.

You just cannot fit a pint and a quarter in a pint class or a M12 bolt into a M10 hole. Displaying common sense like that onto population? According to some loons?... That would make me a thicko and neanderthal racist.. Love the myth about (been total opposite) about "EU worker protection". Where the f#ck is it hiding? Why huge increase in employment agencies and zero hour contracts?

Argus!

Remain petition on 16:30 - Mar 30 with 1536 viewschad

Remain petition on 14:34 - Mar 30 by exiledclaseboy

No baloney Mahoney as the voice of the silent majority is the funniest thing ever on this forum.

Oh I don’t know

I thought it pretty amusing when you called other posters thick as a canteen mug for correctly linking skin colour to racial discrimination as per the EU Articles
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024