Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager? 12:04 - Apr 1 with 74030 viewsBAWHoops

OK then, sensible discussion as to who you actually want as the next man in.

None of this David Wagner crap as lets be honest... he aint coming!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:06]

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next manager? on 13:06 - Apr 5 with 4431 viewsCaptainPugwash

Next manager? on 12:10 - Apr 5 by richranger

Darren Moore now 6/4 and Sherwood evens

Splinter me planks!

Darren Moore??
Why does oy allus think...
Darren Moore Darren Moore
Dum de dum de dum.
Darren Moore Darren Moore
Dum de dum de dum....

Narrrrrrrr.

Yo Ho!
Next manager? on 13:14 - Apr 5 with 4385 viewsR_from_afar

Next manager? on 10:46 - Apr 5 by TheChef

Bah, good point.

I'll have to withdraw my application.

No don't withdraw it, I doubt your best coaching days are behind you, unlike Sherwood, plus you do not have his character flaws.

*If* what some sources have said about Tim seeking reassurances about budgets etc is true, then we should bin him anyway. If he cannot process the fact that we are hamstrung by FFP and are still struggling to digest our huge fine, then he doesn't understand the realities of our situation.

Also, if Les does push for Sherwood, it will have all the hallmarks of a Redknapp-type decision:
- Spurs old boy: Tick
- On the downslope: Tick
- A lazy choice: Tick

QPR: The place where old Spurs players and coaches go to die?

Oh one more thing, while I am rattling on: A Rangers fan on Twitter suggested this bloke: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Semplici

He is far more realistic then my last suggestion, having never managed a big team, but he did get SPAL promoted and is keeping them a few points above the drop zone in Serie A currently. Yes, I know, it's a pipe dream, it will be Sherwood...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Next manager? on 13:15 - Apr 5 with 4384 viewsWycombefan

Hi all... Wycombe fan coming in peace here.. there's lots of whispers at our end that Gareth defo wants the job and could be leaving soon. As I say only whispers, but there's a lot of them
Next manager? on 13:21 - Apr 5 with 4349 viewsMytch_QPR

Next manager? on 13:15 - Apr 5 by Wycombefan

Hi all... Wycombe fan coming in peace here.. there's lots of whispers at our end that Gareth defo wants the job and could be leaving soon. As I say only whispers, but there's a lot of them

Careless whispers?

A lot of posters on here saying they would welcome him - but also those saying they would hate to see it go wrong for him and have the fans turn against him. It's an impossible job.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Next manager? on 13:41 - Apr 5 with 4269 viewsR_from_afar

Welcome, but formalities first: What's your favourite cheese?

I would feel for you if you lost him but he does seem to be the Rangers fans' favourite. I have seen a few Wycombe games this year - my best mate is a season ticketholder. How would you assess Ainsworth's work and progress this season?

Thanks for posting.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Next manager? on 14:27 - Apr 5 with 4202 viewsWycombefan

A bit partial to red Leicester myself, boring, but I like it. I think he's done well under the constraints he's under tbh, if you lot think you are in trouble money and playing wise believe me it's nothing compared to us... we don't have a pot to piss in. I think most Wycombe fans would be taken 5th from bottom at the start of this season and still probably would. Yrs we've had some dire games, but also a lot of belter, I've lost count of the amount of 3-2's we've been involved in the last 2 seasons. I'd be sorry to see him go, but wouldnt begrudge him it at all.
Next manager? on 14:35 - Apr 5 with 4182 viewsMick_S

Next manager? on 14:27 - Apr 5 by Wycombefan

A bit partial to red Leicester myself, boring, but I like it. I think he's done well under the constraints he's under tbh, if you lot think you are in trouble money and playing wise believe me it's nothing compared to us... we don't have a pot to piss in. I think most Wycombe fans would be taken 5th from bottom at the start of this season and still probably would. Yrs we've had some dire games, but also a lot of belter, I've lost count of the amount of 3-2's we've been involved in the last 2 seasons. I'd be sorry to see him go, but wouldnt begrudge him it at all.

Were you at the windy 2-2 against us all those years ago when cows took off?
Welcome, by the way.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Next manager? on 14:40 - Apr 5 with 4155 viewsWycombefan

Next manager? on 14:35 - Apr 5 by Mick_S

Were you at the windy 2-2 against us all those years ago when cows took off?
Welcome, by the way.

I think I was... and the one at your place when we had 2 sent off, and still nearly got something out of it
Login to get fewer ads

Next manager? on 14:51 - Apr 5 with 4119 viewsAntti_Heinola

heard he defo wants it, but personally, i don't think he'll get it.

Bare bones.

Next manager? on 15:39 - Apr 5 with 4007 views2Thomas2Bowles

Loved him as a player but think Gary Waddock, it's a no from me.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 15:42]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Next manager? on 18:55 - Apr 5 with 3867 viewsSedgemoorHoop

Next manager? on 13:14 - Apr 5 by R_from_afar

No don't withdraw it, I doubt your best coaching days are behind you, unlike Sherwood, plus you do not have his character flaws.

*If* what some sources have said about Tim seeking reassurances about budgets etc is true, then we should bin him anyway. If he cannot process the fact that we are hamstrung by FFP and are still struggling to digest our huge fine, then he doesn't understand the realities of our situation.

Also, if Les does push for Sherwood, it will have all the hallmarks of a Redknapp-type decision:
- Spurs old boy: Tick
- On the downslope: Tick
- A lazy choice: Tick

QPR: The place where old Spurs players and coaches go to die?

Oh one more thing, while I am rattling on: A Rangers fan on Twitter suggested this bloke: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Semplici

He is far more realistic then my last suggestion, having never managed a big team, but he did get SPAL promoted and is keeping them a few points above the drop zone in Serie A currently. Yes, I know, it's a pipe dream, it will be Sherwood...

Les Allen was a very good player for us and a certain Terry Venables was a brilliant player and manager. But Alan Mullery was a bit of a disaster, so you may have a point.
Next manager? on 19:56 - Apr 6 with 3552 viewsrsonist

Sherwood speaks, and a magic foreign unicorn candidate like wot other clubs have appears:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/difficult-job-but-fantastic-club-sherwood-in

"It’s a difficult job but it’s also a fentastic football club,” Sherwood said.

“If they’ve got realistic expectations of the future, and there was an opportunity to go in, it’s something I would look at.

“But at the moment it’s just speculation — just a lot of talk.”

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/qpr-news-exclusive-manager-se

Queens Park Rangers are stepping up their search for a manager after making contact with manager Rui Almeida.

Football.london understand that the Portuguese manager has been contacted by a representative claiming to work on behalf of the club to assess his interest in the role.

Almeida is thought to be one of a number of candidates initially contacted about the role.

The 49-year-old is currently manager of French Ligue 2 side Troyes where he has been performing above expectation this season.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 19:57]
Next manager? on 20:05 - Apr 6 with 3526 viewsjoolsyp

Next manager? on 19:56 - Apr 6 by rsonist

Sherwood speaks, and a magic foreign unicorn candidate like wot other clubs have appears:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/difficult-job-but-fantastic-club-sherwood-in

“If they’ve got realistic expectations of the future, and there was an opportunity to go in, it’s something I would look at.

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/qpr-news-exclusive-manager-se

Queens Park Rangers are stepping up their search for a manager after making contact with manager Rui Almeida.

Football.london understand that the Portuguese manager has been contacted by a representative claiming to work on behalf of the club to assess his interest in the role.

Almeida is thought to be one of a number of candidates initially contacted about the role.

The 49-year-old is currently manager of French Ligue 2 side Troyes where he has been performing above expectation this season.

He's a polyglot don't you know. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rui_Almeida

Almeida that is, not Sherwood. Sherwood is just a glot.
Next manager? on 20:27 - Apr 6 with 3461 viewsrsonist

Next manager? on 20:05 - Apr 6 by joolsyp

He's a polyglot don't you know. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rui_Almeida

Almeida that is, not Sherwood. Sherwood is just a glot.

A polyp glot!
Next manager? on 20:37 - Apr 6 with 3431 viewsrsonist

“If they have got realistic expectations for the future" is interesting coming from him given the Times reported earlier in the week he "has concerns however over their precarious financial position"...
Next manager? on 21:22 - Apr 6 with 3338 viewsHayesender

Here's a new name

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Next manager? on 21:26 - Apr 6 with 3325 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next manager? on 16:18 - Apr 4 by LongsufferingR

Latest SkyBet odds:

4/7 The Chef
8/1 Tim Sherwood
25/1 Lee Bowyer

The bookies are saying we're giving the job to the club chef?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Next manager? on 21:30 - Apr 6 with 3313 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next manager? on 19:56 - Apr 6 by rsonist

Sounds like he's buttering his parsnips!

Gulp!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Next manager? on 11:18 - Apr 7 with 3045 viewsWycombefan

Hi again folks... just some things I've picked up on regards some of the comments about Ainsworth. Believe me I don't want him to leave us, he's idolized here now for what he's done for us, we are punching well above our weight, and he won't even get sacked if we go down. Things like were near the bottom of league one, we were always going to be, I'd take 5th bottom now, as i wouldve at the start of the season, us and Accrington have the smallest budget in the division, we have no reserve team, no youth team, and he only has a couple of coaches to help him, no scouting network, he has to do it himself ( apparently he can regularly be seen at midweek reserve and youth games). Our ground is in big need of maintenance but we have no money for that even. So in the circumstances he's doing an awesome job, and there is one thing that's an absolute given, the players love him ! They would run through walls for him as he's that sort of manager, a motivator. He's doing the best he can with what he can have.
Next manager? on 11:34 - Apr 7 with 2993 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next manager? on 11:18 - Apr 7 by Wycombefan

Hi again folks... just some things I've picked up on regards some of the comments about Ainsworth. Believe me I don't want him to leave us, he's idolized here now for what he's done for us, we are punching well above our weight, and he won't even get sacked if we go down. Things like were near the bottom of league one, we were always going to be, I'd take 5th bottom now, as i wouldve at the start of the season, us and Accrington have the smallest budget in the division, we have no reserve team, no youth team, and he only has a couple of coaches to help him, no scouting network, he has to do it himself ( apparently he can regularly be seen at midweek reserve and youth games). Our ground is in big need of maintenance but we have no money for that even. So in the circumstances he's doing an awesome job, and there is one thing that's an absolute given, the players love him ! They would run through walls for him as he's that sort of manager, a motivator. He's doing the best he can with what he can have.

Yeah but you would say that if you were trying to shift him!

Only joking I’d love to see him here but we all know he’ll be gone again in 12 months when the board and the fans get on his back. It will break a lot of fans hearts.

Anyway hope you stay up.
Next manager? on 12:15 - Apr 7 with 2895 viewshubble

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Winston Fernandes, his chin nuzzled into his breast in an effort to escape the vile wind, slipped quickly through the glass doors of No Victory since Leeds Mansions, though not quickly enough to prevent a swirl of gritty dust from entering along with him.

The hallway smelt of boiled cabbage and old rag mats. At one end of it a coloured poster, too large for indoor display, had been tacked to the wall. It depicted simply an enormous face and torso, more than a metre wide: the face of a man of about forty-five, with blond hair and a gilet.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 12:17]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Next manager? on 09:08 - Apr 8 with 2608 viewsDixie_CT

Even the bookies have given up on us as the market has stalled! Sherwood is now 3/1

Looks like Eustace will be leading us into the Den, doubt we will see a war cry but also no Ollie style pantomime so nothing for the delightful dockers of Sarf London to get rabid about.

If, and it's the biggest IF in human history, we mange to get a result against the 'Wall 🤢 then we should wait and see who is available at the end of the season. I still maintain it doesn't really matter as the club have some serious off the field issues with finance and personnel and until that changes we won't make any progress as a club.
Next manager? on 09:25 - Apr 8 with 2566 viewsMick_S

I'm scared.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Next manager? on 17:47 - Apr 8 with 2356 viewsrsonist

Telegraph (and the BBC's Simon Stone) report:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/08/qpr-hold-talks-michael-appleton-

Appleton has met with Rangers officials and is believed to be rivalling Tim Sherwood for the job at Loftus Road.

Appleton is high on Rangers’ list of candidates after establishing an impressive reputation at Oxford, who he guided to League Two promotion on a small budget.

QPR have also interviewed Sherwood, who is understood to remain the favourite to succeed McClaren.
Next manager? on 17:53 - Apr 8 with 2340 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Next manager? on 17:47 - Apr 8 by rsonist

Telegraph (and the BBC's Simon Stone) report:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/08/qpr-hold-talks-michael-appleton-

Appleton has met with Rangers officials and is believed to be rivalling Tim Sherwood for the job at Loftus Road.

Appleton is high on Rangers’ list of candidates after establishing an impressive reputation at Oxford, who he guided to League Two promotion on a small budget.

QPR have also interviewed Sherwood, who is understood to remain the favourite to succeed McClaren.

Well, that's better news than before the weekend. At least we're interviewing more than one candidate.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024