Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 25567 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:38 - May 25 with 2161 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:34 - May 25 by Brierls

This aged well

That’s why I don’t gamble.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 23:18]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:51 - May 25 with 2114 viewsJames1980

Why are we getting all het up about DC it's not like he is Ghengis Khan is it.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:03 - May 25 with 2089 viewsChaffRAFC

Please don't let this thread descend into personal insults for having differing views.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:05 - May 25 with 2083 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:03 - May 25 by ChaffRAFC

Please don't let this thread descend into personal insults for having differing views.

It already has

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:05 - May 25 with 2082 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:03 - May 25 by ChaffRAFC

Just hope the whole thread doesn’t get deleted.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:06 - May 25 with 2075 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:05 - May 25 by foreverhopefulDale

Just hope the whole thread doesn’t get deleted.

Probably what mighty dale had in mind

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:13 - May 25 with 2055 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:06 - May 25 by rochdaleriddler

Probably what mighty dale had in mind

Let’s leave it as Chaff suggested.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:32 - May 25 with 1965 viewsdownunder

Everyone watches the "Cummings and Goings" side show. Meanwhile the main event continues, 1600 new cases. (That is more than my adopted country has had in total) Probably another 20 people will die following that amount of new cases, probably more. Fight the virus, not each other
Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 07:51 - May 26 with 1859 viewssmaclad1

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:51 - May 25 by James1980

Why are we getting all het up about DC it's not like he is Ghengis Khan is it.

I'm undecided as to whether this is a wind-up or you genuinely don't understand the issues. You've picked the characters, so let's have a look at them.

GK was a brilliant military strategist who established a wide ranging Empire. Who had a rather unfortunate failing in that he oversaw widespread massacres of conquered civilian populations.

DC is a well paid lackey who has the ear of the Prime Minister. And also his balls in a firm grasp it appears. Some, not least DC himself it appears, might say that DC is a brilliant strategist who established a range of populist slogans designed to keep the British people behind locked doors and safe from harm in the face of a pandemic. However, like GK, DC also has a rather unfortunate failing in that he saw himself better than the cowed civilian population and in acting in a manner contrary to his populist slogans meant that those slogans lost their power over the population risking another outbreak of the pandemic with resultant loss of further lives.

So James - you could argue that GK and DC are alike, as both seemed not to care too much for the opinions of others in respect of the actions they took, and both seemed to prioritse their own self-interest over any other consideration.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:23 - May 26 with 1830 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

So, in conclusion to the Cummings episode..... we can all do what the fook we want then. Open your local pub, visit the hairdresser/nail bar/ coffee shop. Eat a burger with 20 of your mates on the town hall steps. Serves the arrogant tvvat right. Good luck to the police or anyone else trying to uphold any kind of lockdown now.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:32 - May 26 with 1788 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:39 - May 26 with 1775 viewsjudd

Looking at Cummings I'm very surprised that he has one home, never mind two.

Don't you just despise politicians and their lackeys?

Meanwhile, Prince Andrew will be looking forward to Pizza Hut reopening...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:39 - May 26 with 1778 viewsJames1980

Covid and the mentality of some! on 07:51 - May 26 by smaclad1

I'm undecided as to whether this is a wind-up or you genuinely don't understand the issues. You've picked the characters, so let's have a look at them.

GK was a brilliant military strategist who established a wide ranging Empire. Who had a rather unfortunate failing in that he oversaw widespread massacres of conquered civilian populations.

DC is a well paid lackey who has the ear of the Prime Minister. And also his balls in a firm grasp it appears. Some, not least DC himself it appears, might say that DC is a brilliant strategist who established a range of populist slogans designed to keep the British people behind locked doors and safe from harm in the face of a pandemic. However, like GK, DC also has a rather unfortunate failing in that he saw himself better than the cowed civilian population and in acting in a manner contrary to his populist slogans meant that those slogans lost their power over the population risking another outbreak of the pandemic with resultant loss of further lives.

So James - you could argue that GK and DC are alike, as both seemed not to care too much for the opinions of others in respect of the actions they took, and both seemed to prioritse their own self-interest over any other consideration.

It was in response to the ridiculous whataboutery. Great response to my silly flippant remark

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:52 - May 26 with 1682 views442Dale

From the ridiculous to the rewriting of history.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:40 - May 26 with 1628 viewsEllGazzell

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:52 - May 26 by 442Dale

It's making me sick. I just cannot wrap my head around what is unfolding in front of us.

I listened to that LBC interview while driving this morning and I very nearly ran straight into the back of a car at lights in front when he paused mid lie.

shocking, genuinely shocking...
[Post edited 26 May 2020 12:41]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:36 - May 26 with 1497 viewsMoonyDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:40 - May 26 by EllGazzell

It's making me sick. I just cannot wrap my head around what is unfolding in front of us.

I listened to that LBC interview while driving this morning and I very nearly ran straight into the back of a car at lights in front when he paused mid lie.

shocking, genuinely shocking...
[Post edited 26 May 2020 12:41]

But not really surprising, more intelligence insulting bullshit from Penfold..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:41 - May 26 with 1411 viewsD_Alien

Implicit in the agreement of the Health Secretary to look into cases of those who were fined for "breaking" the lockdown guidance whilst seeking childcare, is that it wasn't in the lockdown guidance as interpreted by the police forces who issued them at the time, nor did anyone question those fines before today

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:47 - May 26 with 1399 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:41 - May 26 by D_Alien

Implicit in the agreement of the Health Secretary to look into cases of those who were fined for "breaking" the lockdown guidance whilst seeking childcare, is that it wasn't in the lockdown guidance as interpreted by the police forces who issued them at the time, nor did anyone question those fines before today

The panic on his face when the question was asked was a highlight. Quite why they hadn’t already thought that might happen is rather special.

Interesting that they mentioned the possibility of localised lockdowns going forward if required. A good idea... as long as they appreciate we might all sod off to relatives elsewhere if circumstances require.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:34 - May 26 with 1332 viewsfrenzied

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:47 - May 26 by 442Dale

The panic on his face when the question was asked was a highlight. Quite why they hadn’t already thought that might happen is rather special.

Interesting that they mentioned the possibility of localised lockdowns going forward if required. A good idea... as long as they appreciate we might all sod off to relatives elsewhere if circumstances require.

i could be wrong about this but..

Didn't the Italians attempt to shutdown the north of the country around Milan in the early days and then many in that area just headed south taking the virus with them?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:54 - May 26 with 1315 viewsEllGazzell

Covid and the mentality of some! on 19:34 - May 26 by frenzied

i could be wrong about this but..

Didn't the Italians attempt to shutdown the north of the country around Milan in the early days and then many in that area just headed south taking the virus with them?

Yep, they announced it 6 hours before so everyone scrambled off to pack and get back to be with family in the 'home towns' etc., thus taking some of it with them.

At the end of February, the Czech Republic introduced a mandatory 14-day quarantine for anyone returning from Italy (loads of Czechs there skiing). The only problem was, the PM blabbed it 12 hours before, so people scurried back to beat the midnight deadline (was a Friday before 'change over day' which is Saturday).

Needless to say, that's where our patient zero comes from.

Seems like a lifetime ago now!

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:10 - May 26 with 1293 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:11 - May 26 with 1234 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:52 - May 26 by 442Dale

"The A1 is a busy road"

Not when most of the country are at home, as instructed, Michael.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:17 - May 26 with 1230 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Covid and the mentality of some! on 18:41 - May 26 by D_Alien

Agreed, it’s an acknowledgment that they’re retrospectively changing the guidance. All this to exonerate one person.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:20 - May 26 with 1221 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:31 - May 26 with 1207 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Going to start a thread tomorrow on which Alfa Romeo I should buy, then everyone can discuss Volvos, Audi’s and Fiats 😂😂😂

Joking apart some interesting views. You should visit the Ipswich fans forum, must me 30 plus threads just on Cummings!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024