Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 24909 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 20:48 - May 23 with 1972 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:39 - May 23 with 1915 viewsShun

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:14 - May 22 by TVOS1907

Isn't an increase in traffic also down to more people returning to work as more places re-open?

Not really, no. That would only account for the usual to and from work times, not all day.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:45 - May 23 with 1918 viewsTVOS1907

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:39 - May 23 by Shun

Not really, no. That would only account for the usual to and from work times, not all day.

Thanks, D Alien has already answered.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:58 - May 23 with 1881 viewsShun

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:45 - May 23 by TVOS1907

Thanks, D Alien has already answered.

Good to know.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:09 - May 23 with 1850 viewsShun

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:11 - May 23 with 1857 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:09 - May 23 by Shun

All ministers instructed to tweet support!!!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:19 - May 23 with 1838 viewsmingthemerciless

This must be the most corrupt government we've ever had and they've only been in office since December !
Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:34 - May 23 with 1809 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:19 - May 23 by mingthemerciless

This must be the most corrupt government we've ever had and they've only been in office since December !

Cummings has done it twice!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:42 - May 23 with 1747 viewsBarrowdale

Jeez. Sir Ed 9 mps Davy and Jock mcnobody whingeing.
Good on cummings. Tell em to fook off. Pathetic bllx. Couple it with jonathan “I now know it all” Ashworth who seems to now be a medical expert ( did you isolate in feb you pr ick?) giving us his pearls of wisdom!! Arse holes the lot of em!!
Covid and the mentality of some! on 01:32 - May 24 with 1702 viewspioneer

A good read is Florence under siege:surviving plague in an early modern city by John Henderson based on 17 th century Lombardy.

So many parallels except what happened to folks who broke the lockdown...miscreants made to ride a donkey backwards through the city with a card round their neck detailing their crime to be pelted with rotten fruit as well as the strapado where the offender is hoisted up by a rope around their armpits and the dropped leading to arm and shoulder dislocations.

A local baker got two doses of this when found to providing underweight bread to the poor.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 06:39 - May 24 with 1651 viewssmaclad1

Yesterday morning I concluded a lengthy post with "I am in no position to ask these questions of Cummings or the government directly and so I have to rely on the media to ask these questions. We have a free press in this country who can ask these questions, though the actions of that free press at times leaves an awful lot to be desired. The press have challenged ordinary members of the public breaking lockdown by printing outraged news articles, reporting arrests, printing pictures and coining the phrase 'covidiots'. So, by the same token, the media must challenge Cummings and demand answers, and must report on calls for a government investigation and his sacking. It is no more than a free press should do".

And Mr Cummings response to representatives of the free press when asked those questions? "It's not about what you guys think". So, there you go. The privileged actions of Mr Cummings are not a matter that the general population should be giving even a minutes thought to.

Quote from Bishop of York in this mornings paper “People across the country have sacrificed hugely in order to obey both the spirit and word of government advice. People have missed being with family members who have died. But now we learn that there is one rule for the people and another for No 10 and the elite. Ministers have clearly been told to tweet support for Cummings. What price conscience? Or integrity? Or credibility? Or competence at a time when leadership can only be rooted in trust?”

Yesterdays post was not poltical, and neither is this one. Both were written in sorrow, a want for answers, an acknowledgement that the elite will always bend the rules to their advantage and, in light of the government's action and further revelations in the last 24 hours, an increasing amount of anger.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 06:53 - May 24 with 1637 viewsfrenzied

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:42 - May 23 by Barrowdale

Jeez. Sir Ed 9 mps Davy and Jock mcnobody whingeing.
Good on cummings. Tell em to fook off. Pathetic bllx. Couple it with jonathan “I now know it all” Ashworth who seems to now be a medical expert ( did you isolate in feb you pr ick?) giving us his pearls of wisdom!! Arse holes the lot of em!!

quite agree re the Ashworth fella and that Blackford SNP guy..both seem to generate a lot of heat but no light whatsoever..and as for Piers Morgan ..sheer petulance as always..and as always completely unhelpful.

I do like to listen to Chris Smith from Radio 5 naked scientist prog who also appears occ on the Radio 5 question Time extra time panel on a thurs night.

Hes a virologist from Oxford who gives an explanation for the rationale around not testing sooner and the impact of the virus spread in London as a major international travel hub..as well as the comparisons between death rates in different countries and the effects of pop density etc

Back to Cummings..his comments to the press re Brexit are sheer arrogance.altho if this guy is removed im sure the press vultures will be back asap to buddy up with whimper any dirt on those who remain in govt..he will get a best seller out of this if nothing else!!!
Covid and the mentality of some! on 07:20 - May 24 with 1627 viewsJames1980

If they broke the rules, they broke the rules. It shouldn't matter what colour rosette they wear. Just because you criticise someone for making a mistake doesn't invalidate everything else they have said or done.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid and the mentality of some! on 07:21 - May 24 with 1620 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:19 - May 23 by mingthemerciless

On what possible historical basis do you make such a comparison?

I'll tell you. None whatsoever

Yesterday was pretty unedifying, that's for sure, and remains so, but don't get carried away

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:21 - May 24 with 1585 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:32 - May 24 with 1568 viewsmingthemerciless

Covid and the mentality of some! on 07:21 - May 24 by D_Alien

On what possible historical basis do you make such a comparison?

I'll tell you. None whatsoever

Yesterday was pretty unedifying, that's for sure, and remains so, but don't get carried away

OK, name me one that you think was more corrupt. Name me one that has lied to the electorate on a more consistent basis.
We have the spectacle of ministers who obviously can't stand the sight of Cummings being pressured into supporting him in public ! And they do it ! This government is an integrity free zone. That comes from the very top. To Johnson lying is a second nature.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 8:37]
Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:50 - May 24 with 1540 viewsMoonyDale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 06:39 - May 24 by smaclad1

Yesterday morning I concluded a lengthy post with "I am in no position to ask these questions of Cummings or the government directly and so I have to rely on the media to ask these questions. We have a free press in this country who can ask these questions, though the actions of that free press at times leaves an awful lot to be desired. The press have challenged ordinary members of the public breaking lockdown by printing outraged news articles, reporting arrests, printing pictures and coining the phrase 'covidiots'. So, by the same token, the media must challenge Cummings and demand answers, and must report on calls for a government investigation and his sacking. It is no more than a free press should do".

And Mr Cummings response to representatives of the free press when asked those questions? "It's not about what you guys think". So, there you go. The privileged actions of Mr Cummings are not a matter that the general population should be giving even a minutes thought to.

Quote from Bishop of York in this mornings paper “People across the country have sacrificed hugely in order to obey both the spirit and word of government advice. People have missed being with family members who have died. But now we learn that there is one rule for the people and another for No 10 and the elite. Ministers have clearly been told to tweet support for Cummings. What price conscience? Or integrity? Or credibility? Or competence at a time when leadership can only be rooted in trust?”

Yesterdays post was not poltical, and neither is this one. Both were written in sorrow, a want for answers, an acknowledgement that the elite will always bend the rules to their advantage and, in light of the government's action and further revelations in the last 24 hours, an increasing amount of anger.

Every word of this....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:07 - May 24 with 1508 viewsDale23years

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:32 - May 24 by mingthemerciless

OK, name me one that you think was more corrupt. Name me one that has lied to the electorate on a more consistent basis.
We have the spectacle of ministers who obviously can't stand the sight of Cummings being pressured into supporting him in public ! And they do it ! This government is an integrity free zone. That comes from the very top. To Johnson lying is a second nature.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 8:37]

Tony Blair and Labour

Still waiting to find them weapons of mass destruction

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Covid and the mentality of some! on 09:46 - May 24 with 1456 viewsDaleiLama

Too many Cummings and two few goings for my liking. Morally bankrupt in the most part. The expenses scandal exposed politicians for who and what they are and nothing's changed. It still amazes me why people expect selfish, self-serving spotlight grabbers to act any differently. It's why politics turns me completely off. The whole situation is only made worse by the media circling overhead trying to hog the spotlight from the clowns they are reporting on. God we need football back.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 9:47]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 10:04 - May 24 with 1440 views442Dale

In the interests of fairness and an illustration that instead of someone’s political party affiliation helping to form an opinion in all this, people are able to give their thoughts:

What was pretty depressing about all of this was those who chose to back Cummings and the way that was shown to the nation. It’s sad to see that towing the party line, whichever party that may be, ensures people know when they’re not right, yet still they do it. There’s nothing wrong with being wrong.

Again, noting what has been covered already, comparisons can, at times, only muddy the waters. They make an argument weaker in many circumstances.

Covid and the mentality of some! on 10:12 - May 24 with 1423 viewsBigDaveMyCock

After this is all over, there’s going to be various inquiries into the government’s handling of the pandemic. The government is currently making it very difficult for itself to argue that it issued a cohesive lockdown message and that it did all within its powers to implement that message. By sticking with Cummings, and even worse retrospectively changing the guidelines to exonerate Cummings, it’s losing vital credibility. Another thing being chipped away is Boris’s well-crafted image as the ‘anti-politician’ politician. He’s looking very much the establishment figure which of course he is.
Boris could do no worse than look at Blair. His popularity, and he was very popular at one point, has never recovered since the Iraq War. Once the public decide your dishonest it’s incredibly difficult to shake that off.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 10:13]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 11:20 - May 24 with 1352 viewsroccydaleian

Covid and the mentality of some! on 10:12 - May 24 by BigDaveMyCock

After this is all over, there’s going to be various inquiries into the government’s handling of the pandemic. The government is currently making it very difficult for itself to argue that it issued a cohesive lockdown message and that it did all within its powers to implement that message. By sticking with Cummings, and even worse retrospectively changing the guidelines to exonerate Cummings, it’s losing vital credibility. Another thing being chipped away is Boris’s well-crafted image as the ‘anti-politician’ politician. He’s looking very much the establishment figure which of course he is.
Boris could do no worse than look at Blair. His popularity, and he was very popular at one point, has never recovered since the Iraq War. Once the public decide your dishonest it’s incredibly difficult to shake that off.

Can’t argue with any of that.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:13 - May 24 with 1304 viewsTheBeast666

Covid and the mentality of some! on 10:12 - May 24 by BigDaveMyCock

Yep , got to agree, as a big Boris fan myself I think DC has to go , he is a real liability and has few if any likeable qualities. He can only do harm to government and needs shifting asap.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:48 - May 24 with 1263 viewsjonesy

Cummings seems a right tw*tt but all the remainers will be after his blood. Every politician has an ulterior motive. Wouldn’t trust any of them.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:55 - May 24 with 1248 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:48 - May 24 by jonesy

Cummings seems a right tw*tt but all the remainers will be after his blood. Every politician has an ulterior motive. Wouldn’t trust any of them.

Absolutely NOTHING to do with Brexit for the majority of people. This thread indicates that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024