Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 10:09 - Aug 5 with 45025 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_sts_announcement/

£200 Sandy
£270 Pearl
£335 Main

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season ticket prices on 22:20 - Aug 15 with 2890 viewsR17ALE

Season ticket prices on 18:49 - Aug 15 by Ancoats_Blue

Cool. But you adopted your usual condescending tone of “well someone else managed, so why didn’t you?”....
There have been a few reports on this forum and other social media of fans not being able to renew online. Irrelevant if former club employee RI7ALE could renew today.

Truth is the clubs online market was not fit for purpose today. And they had a lack of staff to answer calls. Very poor.

I'm not sure why I've been drawn into this, but I renewed my Sandy ticket on line today.

I'm incredibly impressed that I managed to do it all on my own. The on line service I found easy. I struggle with amazon normally!

My heart ruled my head, I admit. But I'm not turning my back on nearly 40 years of support from a club that has defined my life, and me as a person.

I'll be there come kick off two meters from you!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Season ticket prices on 22:21 - Aug 15 with 2890 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 21:31 - Aug 15 by James1980

As said earlier the Rafc tickets site didn't recognise my login details used previously. But it did recognise the customer number. Mine is over 6000. I am going to hazard a guess they were issued in numerical order and would have thought transferred to the new system the same way.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 21:36]

Mine is just over 3000

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket prices on 22:22 - Aug 15 with 2887 viewsDalenet

I am sure Mr Bottomley will be reflecting on what can be learned from today. I bet they didn't think it would take 7 hours to sell around 400 tickets manually today - assuming that many of the Sandy Lane tickets were done online. At this rate they will need the full fortnight flat out to service the demand. With hindsight they should have perhaps sold just mainstand this week and Pearl St next week and once both stands were full then allocate seats in WIlbutts. Allow exiles to use the phone and the Sandy use online. It's not as though the tickets will be used for over a month and they could have avoided the surge today.

Pictures of people queuing down Sandy Lane in a town struggling with covid infection rates is a sight for sore eyes.
Season ticket prices on 22:29 - Aug 15 with 2858 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 22:21 - Aug 15 by rochdaleriddler

Mine is just over 3000

Unless it was based on surname but mine starts with an R.

Season ticket prices on 22:32 - Aug 15 with 2849 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 22:29 - Aug 15 by James1980

I thought it started with N.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket prices on 22:36 - Aug 15 with 2840 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 22:32 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

Nineteen eighty you mean

Season ticket prices on 23:12 - Aug 15 with 2783 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket prices on 22:22 - Aug 15 by Dalenet

I am sure Mr Bottomley will be reflecting on what can be learned from today. I bet they didn't think it would take 7 hours to sell around 400 tickets manually today - assuming that many of the Sandy Lane tickets were done online. At this rate they will need the full fortnight flat out to service the demand. With hindsight they should have perhaps sold just mainstand this week and Pearl St next week and once both stands were full then allocate seats in WIlbutts. Allow exiles to use the phone and the Sandy use online. It's not as though the tickets will be used for over a month and they could have avoided the surge today.

Pictures of people queuing down Sandy Lane in a town struggling with covid infection rates is a sight for sore eyes.

No difference to people queuing outside supermarkets at the height of the pandemic.
Today was always going to be the busiest day - the demand should ease now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket prices on 00:25 - Aug 16 with 2707 viewsDaley_Lama

Season ticket prices on 23:12 - Aug 15 by dingdangblue

No difference to people queuing outside supermarkets at the height of the pandemic.
Today was always going to be the busiest day - the demand should ease now.

The staff today were using a new IT system to sell ST’s.

From many years of experience employees always struggle on their first few days with a new system. Even if an expert is there to assist, everything takes longer as people familiarise themselves with processes and steps. Make a mistake and it takes quadruple the time (minimum) for them to work out (if they can) or start from scratch.

I very much doubt we will sell over 2K season tickets given price increase, jnr price increase and current economic climate so i hope those a bit peeved today get sorted next week.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 00:43 - Aug 16 with 2677 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket prices on 00:25 - Aug 16 by Daley_Lama

The staff today were using a new IT system to sell ST’s.

From many years of experience employees always struggle on their first few days with a new system. Even if an expert is there to assist, everything takes longer as people familiarise themselves with processes and steps. Make a mistake and it takes quadruple the time (minimum) for them to work out (if they can) or start from scratch.

I very much doubt we will sell over 2K season tickets given price increase, jnr price increase and current economic climate so i hope those a bit peeved today get sorted next week.

Definitely - we won't sell out 2k+ season tickets. Everyone who wants one will get one. I would guess 1500 - 1800 with the rest paying on the day.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket prices on 06:45 - Aug 16 with 2557 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 00:43 - Aug 16 by dingdangblue

Definitely - we won't sell out 2k+ season tickets. Everyone who wants one will get one. I would guess 1500 - 1800 with the rest paying on the day.

Remaining places will be taken up by those with a Dale Family Card, having acquired a ticket beforehand (or had their cards activated) as required by the guidelines

I doubt there'll be any places available* for POTD's, and turning up if there were would be an absolute lottery, bearing in mind that with electronic turnstiles, you'd still have to queue at the ticket office first

*perhaps with the exception of shite EFL Trophy fixtures

[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 7:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 07:46 - Aug 16 with 2511 views1907

Yesterday will certainly have been a learning for all at the club. I work in a similar sort of environment and throughout the pandemic, we as a business have had to learn and evolve on a quite literal day to day basis to provide a great customer experience.

My ask as a fan is for those who are angry about what happened yesterday, please don’t turn your back on the club in its greatest time of need. Now is the time for all of us to come together & do our best to navigate through these challenging times.
Season ticket prices on 08:55 - Aug 16 with 2429 viewskel

Season ticket prices on 07:46 - Aug 16 by 1907

Yesterday will certainly have been a learning for all at the club. I work in a similar sort of environment and throughout the pandemic, we as a business have had to learn and evolve on a quite literal day to day basis to provide a great customer experience.

My ask as a fan is for those who are angry about what happened yesterday, please don’t turn your back on the club in its greatest time of need. Now is the time for all of us to come together & do our best to navigate through these challenging times.

It would be a shame if anyone did and there were lots of reactionary posts yesterday that I’m sure some will regret.

I read someone somewhere giving it the old “I’ve been a supporter for blah, blah, blah years” (like it makes a difference) and I’m going to support another club now.

Really? Come on.
Season ticket prices on 09:09 - Aug 16 with 2393 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 08:55 - Aug 16 by kel

It would be a shame if anyone did and there were lots of reactionary posts yesterday that I’m sure some will regret.

I read someone somewhere giving it the old “I’ve been a supporter for blah, blah, blah years” (like it makes a difference) and I’m going to support another club now.

Really? Come on.

What a nincompoop!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket prices on 09:42 - Aug 16 with 2318 viewstony_roch975

Season ticket prices on 00:43 - Aug 16 by dingdangblue

I was 15th in queue yesterday with 8 friends and at 10.30am we couldn't get 3 groups of 3 near each other in the Main Stand block we usually sit in so had to take Reside seats (thanks to very helpful office staff) - not complaining but the COVID restrictions do mean anyone buying more than 1 may well struggle to get anywhere near their current seat.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Season ticket prices on 10:06 - Aug 16 with 2264 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 22:29 - Aug 15 by James1980

Same here

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket prices on 12:57 - Aug 16 with 2061 viewsChaffRAFC

As frustrating as yesterday was for many people, I think we have to remember we have a brand new ticketing system, plus the added complication of COVID-19 restrictions. The club asked us to be patient as there were always going to be issues with a brand new system. The staff did what the could, Tony Pockney in particular was incredibly helpful in the queues.

For what it's worth, me and my girlfriend arrived at 8:10 to get Sandy tickets x 4. The queue was slow going so while we queued for mine and my boys ticket, my girlfriend logged onto the ticket page, through the club shop site, not the home page, and managed to get two Sandy Lane tickets with no issues whatsoever before we'd even moved in the queue. Guy in front of us and a couple of mates managed to get sorted in a matter of a few minutes over the phone. I had to wait regardless due to it being a goldbond offer season ticket which had to be done in person but by about 12noon, we were sorted. The queuing wasn't ideal but we knew that we were going to be in for a wait.

Jack the Kitman even took me to go and see the new pitch while we were waiting.

Was more annoyed that I had to go with my lads new retro top because the 7-8 shirt was too small!

Long day but got what we went for.

Can totally understand the frustrations of people who didn't manage to get what they wanted and was somewhat surprised to see that only 600 tickets were sold yesterday but hopefully that will mean more people can get what the want in terms of tickets this week.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season ticket prices on 13:07 - Aug 16 with 2028 viewsDalenet

To be fair the club will be frustrated that they have bought a new ticketing system that does the job at selling tickets - I suspect with automated online renewal processes for existing ticket holders. Then covid seating restrictions mean it all has to be done manually. Got to feel sorry for them.
Season ticket prices on 13:25 - Aug 16 with 1996 viewsisitme

Season ticket prices on 13:07 - Aug 16 by Dalenet

To be fair the club will be frustrated that they have bought a new ticketing system that does the job at selling tickets - I suspect with automated online renewal processes for existing ticket holders. Then covid seating restrictions mean it all has to be done manually. Got to feel sorry for them.

I suspect the vast majority of season ticket holders for the Pearl Street and Main Stand would have just renewed online if is wasn't for Covid restirictions. That way the phone lines/queues would have been much smaller.

In the long run I hope that the new ticketing system will be much easier, especially with the season cards. For cup games etc you can just buy online and the match will be added to your cardwhich will take the pressure off the ticket office. They key thing for me is that there are no charges for purchasing online, apart from postage if you would like your season card posted out.
Season ticket prices on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 1965 views100notout

Season ticket prices on 22:32 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

no -it started with a kiss

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season ticket prices on 13:53 - Aug 16 with 1926 viewsdawlishdale

Season ticket prices on 13:25 - Aug 16 by isitme

I suspect the vast majority of season ticket holders for the Pearl Street and Main Stand would have just renewed online if is wasn't for Covid restirictions. That way the phone lines/queues would have been much smaller.

In the long run I hope that the new ticketing system will be much easier, especially with the season cards. For cup games etc you can just buy online and the match will be added to your cardwhich will take the pressure off the ticket office. They key thing for me is that there are no charges for purchasing online, apart from postage if you would like your season card posted out.

Not too sure that the vast majority would have renewed online. The average age of our supporters is quite elderly; especially in the Main Stand.

Surely the club could have sold each stand on separate weeks to minimise the rush. Also, putting an answerphone message on the phone line would have stopped people from being so frustrated when calling.

And finally; I'd have opened the ticket office today, as many supporters who work will not be able to attend during the working week.

Small measures, but ones that could have helped in these uncertain times.

I had family commitments at 12.00, so could only afford to queue up until 11.30, and the queue had hardly moved during the 2 1/2 hours I was there. Although Tony Pockney came to speak with me, I had to leave without a ticket, and was told that I'll probably not get a Main Stand seat at all now.
Season ticket prices on 14:11 - Aug 16 with 1886 views49thseason

Season ticket prices on 13:53 - Aug 16 by dawlishdale

Not too sure that the vast majority would have renewed online. The average age of our supporters is quite elderly; especially in the Main Stand.

Surely the club could have sold each stand on separate weeks to minimise the rush. Also, putting an answerphone message on the phone line would have stopped people from being so frustrated when calling.

And finally; I'd have opened the ticket office today, as many supporters who work will not be able to attend during the working week.

Small measures, but ones that could have helped in these uncertain times.

I had family commitments at 12.00, so could only afford to queue up until 11.30, and the queue had hardly moved during the 2 1/2 hours I was there. Although Tony Pockney came to speak with me, I had to leave without a ticket, and was told that I'll probably not get a Main Stand seat at all now.

We might be old, but some of us were working in the IT industry from the days of the BBC micro and ZX Spectrum. I remember shipping code to the US over the internet and it taking all night when only 3 or 4 people in a company employing over 100 developers had an email account. Please don't assume that elderly equates to IT ignorance.
Season ticket prices on 14:12 - Aug 16 with 1884 viewsSandyman

Season ticket prices on 13:34 - Aug 16 by 100notout

no -it started with a kiss

Or as Quasimodo said, "It started with a cyst..."
Season ticket prices on 15:15 - Aug 16 with 1791 viewsdawlishdale

Season ticket prices on 14:11 - Aug 16 by 49thseason

We might be old, but some of us were working in the IT industry from the days of the BBC micro and ZX Spectrum. I remember shipping code to the US over the internet and it taking all night when only 3 or 4 people in a company employing over 100 developers had an email account. Please don't assume that elderly equates to IT ignorance.

Of course... but I seriously doubt that you are in "the vast majority"
Season ticket prices on 18:57 - Aug 16 with 1512 viewstony_roch975

Season ticket prices on 15:15 - Aug 16 by dawlishdale

Of course... but I seriously doubt that you are in "the vast majority"

all generalised assumptions are dangerous: I've had a PC since early 80s and can still do more with one than my kids - yes they know streaming & social media but ask then to write a database or create a cash flow projection spreadsheet and they're lost. Maybe another James poll?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Season ticket prices on 08:45 - Aug 17 with 1235 viewsaleanddale

There is zero joined up thinking at the club. Queue outside 15+ deep and staff in the office watching the clock tick down until opening time.

Open early for Goodness sake and why no rota for club employee outside Monday morning to be on hand to assist with questions rather than the processing staff having to repeat themselves time and time again.

We are in unpredictable times but folk outside still willing to part with there hard earned cash and the club shoots itself in the foot IMHO. Just a little thought by club employees and the board would keep everyone on side.

A very disappointing scene outside the ticket office this morning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024