Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 10:09 - Aug 5 with 45026 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_sts_announcement/

£200 Sandy
£270 Pearl
£335 Main

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season ticket prices on 15:22 - Aug 15 with 2285 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 15:20 - Aug 15 by rochdaleriddler

Maybe they should have migrated everyone onto the new database before announcing sandylaners could apply online, I would have gone to queue if I had known I couldn’t buy online. Piss poor
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 15:21]

It was announced about restrictions buying online on the official website on Thursday, a story that was shared on Facebook and Twitter:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/season-card-/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket prices on 15:23 - Aug 15 with 2279 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 15:20 - Aug 15 by rochdaleriddler

Maybe they should have migrated everyone onto the new database before announcing sandylaners could apply online, I would have gone to queue if I had known I couldn’t buy online. Piss poor
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 15:21]

Agree about the online situation. Would suspend that for now unless guarantees can be made that a household can buy theirs in one purchase.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season ticket prices on 15:32 - Aug 15 with 2255 viewswozzrafc

If your renewing a single season ticket then the online option seems to work fine. That to me would be the sensible approach as it would limit the people needing to queue. However that option is only open to some people.

I know how frustrating it’s been.
Season ticket prices on 15:38 - Aug 15 with 2221 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 15:22 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

It was announced about restrictions buying online on the official website on Thursday, a story that was shared on Facebook and Twitter:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/season-card-/

Where in that does it say your details may not be recognised as we haven’t got round to putting everyone on the new system?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket prices on 15:39 - Aug 15 with 2209 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 15:32 - Aug 15 by wozzrafc

If your renewing a single season ticket then the online option seems to work fine. That to me would be the sensible approach as it would limit the people needing to queue. However that option is only open to some people.

I know how frustrating it’s been.

They’ve been hamstrung by the lack of consistency and, crucially, the time taken to complete a transaction. There was talk of ten minutes per person and around 6 or 7 an hour being done at the club - that would be the same sort of time over the phone too. Extrapolate that over a day and the limitations are obvious. Finding a way to maintain a flow of transactions, in the fairest way possible (ie. first come first served, thus another reason to remove online sales as Sandy Laners will then move over to the available Willbutts places first) has to be the number one aim. At present that process is too time consuming and uncertain for everyone whether it be a fan going to the ground, ringing up or the staff in the ticket office who can’t be sure of what they’re dealing with and whether they have enough time before the end of a day.

For example, what happens if 10/20 people turn up at 4.30pm after finishing work early on Monday?

Season ticket prices on 16:09 - Aug 15 with 2107 viewskel

On the subject of season tickets, I only skim read the announcement the other day but I have to say having now read it in full I think that the family reward card thingy is a cracking idea. It will suit someone like me who can’t make every game with my kids down to the ground.

I volunteered for the tickets consultation with the club last season after my gripe and it would certainly appear they have taken the situation that someone people face on board. I’ll be snapping one up as soon as I get chance.

Credit where’s it due.
Season ticket prices on 16:17 - Aug 15 with 2067 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 15:38 - Aug 15 by rochdaleriddler

Where in that does it say your details may not be recognised as we haven’t got round to putting everyone on the new system?

It doesn't, but it doesn't make sense how everyone else seems to have managed it; even that old technophobe R17ALE did his.

What stand do you go in?

Season ticket prices on 16:42 - Aug 15 with 1967 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 16:17 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

It doesn't, but it doesn't make sense how everyone else seems to have managed it; even that old technophobe R17ALE did his.

What stand do you go in?

Sandy, and know how to use a computer, I bought my mates ticket. It didn’t recognise my number, said to ring up

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 16:47 - Aug 15 with 1934 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 16:09 - Aug 15 by kel

On the subject of season tickets, I only skim read the announcement the other day but I have to say having now read it in full I think that the family reward card thingy is a cracking idea. It will suit someone like me who can’t make every game with my kids down to the ground.

I volunteered for the tickets consultation with the club last season after my gripe and it would certainly appear they have taken the situation that someone people face on board. I’ll be snapping one up as soon as I get chance.

Credit where’s it due.

Yeah, i agree and that's the option i'll be going for

When i mentioned selling 1250 SCs earlier, it was partly in the hope that the 100 places being allocated for DFC holders would be significantly increased by unbought SC seats

Of course, all 2000 SCs being sold would give the club a more immediate financial boost but since most leagues games are likely to be full (certainly in terms of seats sold, if not actually attended) the club won't lose out over the course of the season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 16:48 - Aug 15 with 1935 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 16:42 - Aug 15 by rochdaleriddler

Sandy, and know how to use a computer, I bought my mates ticket. It didn’t recognise my number, said to ring up

Seems like a fault on the system. Might be worth emailing Jan Marsh (Ticket Manager) or David Bottomley. I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

Season ticket prices on 16:55 - Aug 15 with 1897 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 16:47 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

Yeah, i agree and that's the option i'll be going for

When i mentioned selling 1250 SCs earlier, it was partly in the hope that the 100 places being allocated for DFC holders would be significantly increased by unbought SC seats

Of course, all 2000 SCs being sold would give the club a more immediate financial boost but since most leagues games are likely to be full (certainly in terms of seats sold, if not actually attended) the club won't lose out over the course of the season

Once the amount of DFC holders is known, would hope they can come up with a system where they all get an opportunity to go to games rather than first come, first served every time.

eg. 300 DFC holders, get a chance to guarantee one game in three for a purchase window - up to 3/4 days before a game. Then any left unsold at that stage become FCFS.

It would certainly add value if there’s a certainty of attendance involved.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 16:55]

Season ticket prices on 16:57 - Aug 15 with 1881 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 16:48 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

Seems like a fault on the system. Might be worth emailing Jan Marsh (Ticket Manager) or David Bottomley. I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

I hope so, I’ve emailed Mr B

Season ticket prices on 16:57 - Aug 15 with 1878 viewsSandyman

600 sold on day one.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/stupdate_firstday/
Season ticket prices on 17:00 - Aug 15 with 1860 views49thseason

This was my problem initially, in the end I bought my ticket, logged out and then bought my pals ticket.
The next trick is about finding out if the standing "spots" in the Sandy will be allocated or if we can just find two next to each other, I guess the first match will be like musical chairs with people swapping standing places and "utching up" to fill a gap so that someone else can get 2 or 3 "spots" together at the other end of the stand!
Season ticket prices on 17:06 - Aug 15 with 1821 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 17:00 - Aug 15 by 49thseason

This was my problem initially, in the end I bought my ticket, logged out and then bought my pals ticket.
The next trick is about finding out if the standing "spots" in the Sandy will be allocated or if we can just find two next to each other, I guess the first match will be like musical chairs with people swapping standing places and "utching up" to fill a gap so that someone else can get 2 or 3 "spots" together at the other end of the stand!

And we all have a part to play in accepting we might not be able to stand/sit where and who with we want to.

Season ticket prices on 17:11 - Aug 15 with 1789 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 17:00 - Aug 15 by 49thseason

And if you can't?

Season ticket prices on 17:49 - Aug 15 with 1608 viewsmikehunt

So, if I buy online for the Sandy,, is there a facility to redeem my "reward"?
The car park guys at the ground today persuaded me not to bother waiting as it was looking like a two hour wait had I joined the queue.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Season ticket prices on 17:51 - Aug 15 with 1595 viewsfunkkk

Not trying to cause an argument here as I'm genuinely intrigued, but what's the rush? Why was everyone so desperate to get them today?
Season ticket prices on 17:53 - Aug 15 with 1579 viewsjudd

Season ticket prices on 17:51 - Aug 15 by funkkk

Not trying to cause an argument here as I'm genuinely intrigued, but what's the rush? Why was everyone so desperate to get them today?

People off work and the possibility of a sell out.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season ticket prices on 17:54 - Aug 15 with 1579 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 17:49 - Aug 15 by mikehunt

So, if I buy online for the Sandy,, is there a facility to redeem my "reward"?
The car park guys at the ground today persuaded me not to bother waiting as it was looking like a two hour wait had I joined the queue.

2 hours? Pah!

Totally understand though that some couldn’t wait around, but quite remarkable when you think some who arrived as the ticket office opened would have still been waiting around 4/5 hours later.

Season ticket prices on 18:03 - Aug 15 with 1525 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 16:57 - Aug 15 by Sandyman

600 sold on day one.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/stupdate_firstday/

Hmm..

Sales obviously limited by physical processing and IT problems, but think we'll have a good idea of the total that'll be sold after the "late night" (7pm) opening on Wednesday

Maybe my guesstimate of 1250 won't be so far off the mark

[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 18:05]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 18:11 - Aug 15 with 1489 viewsisitme

Season ticket prices on 18:03 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

Hmm..

Sales obviously limited by physical processing and IT problems, but think we'll have a good idea of the total that'll be sold after the "late night" (7pm) opening on Wednesday

Maybe my guesstimate of 1250 won't be so far off the mark

[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 18:05]

They don't go on general sale until the beginning of September and some people may not get paid until later in the month.

I'm sure they will keep updating the amount sold and can sell in the Willbutts until social distancing restrictions are lifted.
Season ticket prices on 18:13 - Aug 15 with 1483 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 17:51 - Aug 15 by funkkk

Think Judd raises a very good point about people going as off work. It’s going to be very difficult to just nip to the ticket office as some often do when finishing work a bit early, the time it takes for each person will make that part of the day very difficult to manage.

Hopefully the phone lines will be the best option for some and there will be a balancing in the spread of calls or visits to the ticket office.

Season ticket prices on 18:15 - Aug 15 with 1463 viewsjudd

Season ticket prices on 18:13 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

Think Judd raises a very good point about people going as off work. It’s going to be very difficult to just nip to the ticket office as some often do when finishing work a bit early, the time it takes for each person will make that part of the day very difficult to manage.

Hopefully the phone lines will be the best option for some and there will be a balancing in the spread of calls or visits to the ticket office.

That's why opening Sunday as well would have been a good idea.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season ticket prices on 18:19 - Aug 15 with 1442 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 18:11 - Aug 15 by isitme

They don't go on general sale until the beginning of September and some people may not get paid until later in the month.

I'm sure they will keep updating the amount sold and can sell in the Willbutts until social distancing restrictions are lifted.

There was quite a bit of discussion about that in the queue today. A general consensus seemed to be that the limitations on capacities in grounds wouldn’t change much until after the winter period, ie March, if at all for the entire season.

Additionally, there’s the local restrictions in areas that will have an impact, because it’s difficult to see how fans will be allowed to attend games in Greater Manchester in a month and a half if the current restrictions are in place. Could anyone imagine Oldham being allowed to play a game in front of a crowd as we stand? All depends on how they determine what’s acceptable and that could differ time and again across the country.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024