Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Humphreys 19:11 - Sep 2 with 48187 viewsborodale

Dale have offer rejected according to Southend echo!!!!
Stephen Humphreys on 16:51 - Sep 11 with 3647 viewsfitzochris

Stephen Humphreys on 16:42 - Sep 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

Have I missed something....are we still awaiting confirmation that SH has actually signed for Dale?

Why the delay?

Because signing a player involves a ton of paperwork and a medical.

Anyway, I'd tune in to the club's official Twitter page around 5pm, given what they've just tweeted.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stephen Humphreys on 16:52 - Sep 11 with 3643 viewsTVOS1907

Stephen Humphreys on 16:50 - Sep 11 by isitme

It's Calvin back on a five year deal!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 16:50]

Or that player from Man United.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stephen Humphreys on 16:52 - Sep 11 with 3633 viewsTVOS1907

Stephen Humphreys on 16:51 - Sep 11 by fitzochris

Because signing a player involves a ton of paperwork and a medical.

Anyway, I'd tune in to the club's official Twitter page around 5pm, given what they've just tweeted.

FFS, please stop talking sense, man.

Stephen Humphreys on 16:53 - Sep 11 with 3621 viewsisitme

Stephen Humphreys on 16:52 - Sep 11 by TVOS1907

Or that player from Man United.

Which one from Man United, not heard about that one?
Stephen Humphreys on 16:55 - Sep 11 with 3577 viewskel

Stephen Humphreys on 16:14 - Sep 11 by rochedale

Aye, there’s 2 of them in particular. One of which is a bit of a dumbass to be honest and is better off just completely ignoring. The other will write paragraphs of negativity. He’s been complaining about the lack of investment for months/years, now the board have spent he’s complaining about the fact that they have had money all along and he was right all along!! It’s ridiculous. I get that people have opinions, but to constantly complain and have a go at the board makes you wonder why they even bother supporting the club! If there was ever an example of a guy who is a ‘glass half empty’ it’s that guy!

Thank fook somebody else has posted what I’m thinking too.

The bloke is a walking contradiction and will change his views depending on which group of fans he wishes to tag on to at any given time. His 5 million word posts could be summed up in about a hundred but he’s obsessed with bullying people into agreeing with him. Maybe it’s a former career trait that he still can’t let go.

What’s the fookin point of SUPPORTING Rochdale if everything you post is negative?
Stephen Humphreys on 16:57 - Sep 11 with 3535 viewsTVOS1907

Stephen Humphreys on 16:53 - Sep 11 by isitme

Which one from Man United, not heard about that one?

Think his name is B. Umsteer

Stephen Humphreys on 17:10 - Sep 11 with 3365 views100notout

Its official

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/september/stephen-humphrys-joins-rochdal

But will he be available to play tomorrow?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Stephen Humphreys on 17:13 - Sep 11 with 3319 viewsrochedale

Stephen Humphreys on 17:10 - Sep 11 by 100notout

Its official

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/september/stephen-humphrys-joins-rochdal

He’s tweeted a quote too, which is nice to read.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Humphreys on 17:14 - Sep 11 with 3286 viewsBrierls

Stephen Humphreys on 17:10 - Sep 11 by 100notout

Its official

I doubt he’s available for tomorrow given the timing of the announcement. That’s if the deadline was noon of course.
Stephen Humphreys on 17:25 - Sep 11 with 3166 viewsboromat

I'm sure they did everything to get it done in time. We'll see if they managed it.

Interesting that it's a 2 year deal after supposedly paying a reasonable sum for him. Would have expected 3 years.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stephen Humphreys on 17:43 - Sep 11 with 3014 viewsisitme

Stephen Humphreys on 17:14 - Sep 11 by Brierls

I doubt he’s available for tomorrow given the timing of the announcement. That’s if the deadline was noon of course.

Hopefully the signing took place before noon and they have just put off releasing it till later in the day.

Some will not be happy with the positive comments about Bottomley.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 17:55]
Stephen Humphreys on 18:25 - Sep 11 with 2751 viewsjudd

Stephen Humphreys on 12:39 - Sep 11 by kel

I see mr negative is at it again on Facebook (I’ll not leave it on there, no), slating the club for a (hopefully) good signing and insisting we should have given Hendo a similar length of contract. Maybe, just maybe, this might work out better financially in the long run for future transfers/wages but let’s not let that get in the way of bitterness, eh?

Really sad that some people always seem to thrive on negativity.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 12:41]

"Credit to the club for getting the deal over the line"

"It's a decent signing, probably a player who can contribute 15 goals/season hopefully"

"Humphrey is better than what we have and does have potential but give me Henderson every day of the week"

Dripping in negativity, yeah?

Oh, "...maybe the board know they are receiving a lump for Ollie and using part of that for this purchase."

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stephen Humphreys on 18:36 - Sep 11 with 2665 viewsShun

‘I can’t describe how relieved I am to be back at Rochdale.’ - he must really not have enjoyed his time at Southend.

Stephen Humphreys on 18:42 - Sep 11 with 2644 views442Dale

Stephen Humphreys on 17:43 - Sep 11 by isitme

Hopefully the signing took place before noon and they have just put off releasing it till later in the day.

Some will not be happy with the positive comments about Bottomley.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 17:55]

Would hope it’s all very fair. If Humphrys says that he helped get the deal done, fair play. Similarly, those at the club will accept the constructive criticism that comes with other aspects of the work done.

There certainly shouldn’t be credit claimed by anyone, only a desire to improve in all areas and a recognition of what could be better.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stephen Humphreys on 18:47 - Sep 11 with 2593 viewsThe_Knightowl

Positive signing, I still have that feeling its not all Doom and gloom.
If the boy does the business will a new man fashion trend be started.
Black joggers , black bra and a lone ranger face mask ? :)
Stephen Humphreys on 18:50 - Sep 11 with 2571 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Stephen Humphreys on 18:25 - Sep 11 by judd

"It's a decent signing, probably a player who can contribute 15 goals/season hopefully"

"Humphrey is better than what we have and does have potential but give me Henderson every day of the week"

Oh, "...maybe the board know they are receiving a lump for Ollie and using part of that for this purchase."

Personally think this is a very positive move, I would assume at a similar cost to what Henderson wanted for a 2 year deal (including transfer fee, wages, etc.)

The difference is, Humphreys has potential to improve and not only get better here, but at a higher level. Henderson was only going to decrease in ability and value (probably £0 in fairness when he left) so it’s a risk worth taking.

In the later years it seemed to be Henderson football club featuring Rochdale, a bit like dancing homer in the Simpsons.

If I had the choice of Henderson or SH right now, I think the later is going to give us more.

Well done to the board.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Stephen Humphreys on 18:50 - Sep 11 with 2564 viewskel

We can all pull random quotes to prove our point but I admire your steadfast defence of your mate. I could trawl back years if I wanted to counter your argument but it appears you’re entrenched in a certain camp.

Edit - having trawled through those groups again it would appear he’s now deleted the post I refer to. Shame you couldn’t see it, might have changed your mind somewhat.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 19:03]
Stephen Humphreys on 18:56 - Sep 11 with 2513 viewsD_Alien

Stephen Humphreys on 18:50 - Sep 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

Personally think this is a very positive move, I would assume at a similar cost to what Henderson wanted for a 2 year deal (including transfer fee, wages, etc.)

The difference is, Humphreys has potential to improve and not only get better here, but at a higher level. Henderson was only going to decrease in ability and value (probably £0 in fairness when he left) so it’s a risk worth taking.

In the later years it seemed to be Henderson football club featuring Rochdale, a bit like dancing homer in the Simpsons.

If I had the choice of Henderson or SH right now, I think the later is going to give us more.

Well done to the board.

Agree with much of that

Hendo seemed to be very much a product of Hill's successful second spell, until it went pear-shaped

With BBM building a team in his own mould, perhaps the writing was always on the wall for Hendo once Hill departed. That's now history

The future lies with signings like Humphrys, and let's hope he hits the ground running, having that "coming home" feeling and a whole career ahead of him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stephen Humphreys on 18:58 - Sep 11 with 2499 viewsmightydale

I've slagged the club off in the last few week, but credit for this signing shows a signing of intent and ambition.

Think BBM could make this player into a star.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 19:10]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Stephen Humphreys on 19:09 - Sep 11 with 2452 viewsmightydale

Stephen Humphreys on 18:50 - Sep 11 by kel

We can all pull random quotes to prove our point but I admire your steadfast defence of your mate. I could trawl back years if I wanted to counter your argument but it appears you’re entrenched in a certain camp.

Edit - having trawled through those groups again it would appear he’s now deleted the post I refer to. Shame you couldn’t see it, might have changed your mind somewhat.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 19:03]

I was curious about the Facebook page you keep mentioning, so got my son to sign up or what ever he did, jealous fcuking christ I sounded positive last couple of weeks compared to some of them.

They are a special kind of Mong some of them freaks

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Stephen Humphreys on 19:28 - Sep 11 with 2335 viewsrochedale

You clearly know who I’m on about then! Well done.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Stephen Humphreys on 19:34 - Sep 11 with 2295 viewstodmordendale

In recall that Humpty scored a belter for us against someone. But can’t remember which team it was.
Was he used most often as a sub by Hill with 15 minutes to go ?
Always seemed to be busy, wanting the ball and running to make space.
I wish him well on his return.
Best to you Stevo
Stephen Humphreys on 19:44 - Sep 11 with 2234 viewsonedalefan

Stephen Humphreys on 18:36 - Sep 11 by Shun

‘I can’t describe how relieved I am to be back at Rochdale.’ - he must really not have enjoyed his time at Southend.

So we've all been spelling his surname wrong.
Stephen Humphreys on 19:53 - Sep 11 with 2168 views49thseason

There are a few teams going to get a shock if Humphrys and Newby get in amongst them and if Baah and Tavares prove to be the real deal there is an excellent combination of talents up front., most importantly and what has been lacking is pace. The clips of Humphrys running through and past defenders from deep is impressive with Rathbone or Morley to feed him and with Newby following up thess could be the pieces of the jigsaw that have been missing for ages.

The reliance on Henderson, Andrew and Wilbraham was problematic as none had any real pace, even Done no longer has the pace he used to have , suddenly we have bags of it and a highly mobile target to aim at. Happier days to come I hope..... Now if we can just find a left back!
Stephen Humphreys on 19:58 - Sep 11 with 2132 viewsD_Alien

Stephen Humphreys on 19:44 - Sep 11 by onedalefan

So we've all been spelling his surname wrong.

We all haven't

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024