Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI v Hudds 12:43 - Sep 3 with 18266 viewsTipperaryDale

Basing this on the fact I don't think we'll have any new signings, or at least new signing that are going to be on the pitch, what does everyone's starting team look like?

For me it would be

Bazunu
McLaughlin, McShane, O' Connell, Keohane
Ryan, Lund
Newby, Morley, Baah,
Done

Subs: Lynch, Dunne, McNulty, Rathbone, Brierley, Dooley, Tavares

It's not a complete catastrophe, but we are incredibly light up top whichever way you look at it. Had to pick one of Rathbone and Morley, and I'm not sure on the former's fitness.
Starting XI v Hudds on 18:48 - Sep 5 with 4288 viewsjudd

Tremendous result. Delighted with that.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Starting XI v Hudds on 19:24 - Sep 5 with 4100 views442Dale

What with the mentions of needing 5 or 6 more players and now “... haven’t got any real strikers apart from Matty Done in our squad” there’s much to admire about BBM’s considered approach to making it clear to everyone what is required.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Starting XI v Hudds on 19:41 - Sep 5 with 4031 viewsmilnrowblue

I feel like BBM is going to go to the top of the game.

We’re lucky to have somebody who, speaks so openly about what is going on in the club with enough restraint, but who evidently has his own ideology on how his team should play the game.

Yes, I may be acting over zealous with one result (against a team a league above but us with no striker), but given some outside investment and BBM at the helm, there’s no reason in 2-3 years that we can’t be challenging for playoffs.

I can’t imagine the panic-signings we’d be making if a certain somebody was at the helm.

Win or lose, we’re on the booze, and fully behind BBM no matter the situation.

UTD!
Starting XI v Hudds on 20:02 - Sep 5 with 3927 viewsrkershaw

Starting XI v Hudds on 19:41 - Sep 5 by milnrowblue

I feel like BBM is going to go to the top of the game.

We’re lucky to have somebody who, speaks so openly about what is going on in the club with enough restraint, but who evidently has his own ideology on how his team should play the game.

Yes, I may be acting over zealous with one result (against a team a league above but us with no striker), but given some outside investment and BBM at the helm, there’s no reason in 2-3 years that we can’t be challenging for playoffs.

I can’t imagine the panic-signings we’d be making if a certain somebody was at the helm.

Win or lose, we’re on the booze, and fully behind BBM no matter the situation.

UTD!

Dear Nordenblue.....Who is this little posse that are so interested in Hendo's post Dale goal scoring feats that you speak of exactly...???.....Messrs Beckham / Neville / Butt / Scholes / Giggs ?? ;)
Yours intrigued ...
rkershaw
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 20:10]
Starting XI v Hudds on 20:14 - Sep 5 with 3876 viewsD_Dale

Sky's 2 minutes worth:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12064755/huddersfield-0-1-
Starting XI v Hudds on 20:29 - Sep 5 with 3806 viewsnordenblue

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:02 - Sep 5 by rkershaw

Dear Nordenblue.....Who is this little posse that are so interested in Hendo's post Dale goal scoring feats that you speak of exactly...???.....Messrs Beckham / Neville / Butt / Scholes / Giggs ?? ;)
Yours intrigued ...
rkershaw
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 20:10]

Try again maybe this time in English?
Starting XI v Hudds on 20:34 - Sep 5 with 3789 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:38 - Sep 5 by D_Dale

Hope next week's rent money isn't in the bookie's pocket.

What I've not seen is how many of the Huddersfield team wouldn't be selected for league duties (whereas Dale played what most would regard as the strongest available team).

Got to hold my hands up. I expected us to get hammered and we put in a fantastic performance.

All credit to all involved and I am so glad I was totally wrong.

UTD

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:42 - Sep 5 with 3760 viewsTVOS1907

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:29 - Sep 5 by nordenblue

Try again maybe this time in English?

Or in verse.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:51 - Sep 5 with 3717 viewsnordenblue

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:42 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

Or in verse.

It would probably make more sense in (Re)verse
Starting XI v Hudds on 20:57 - Sep 5 with 3698 viewsScunnydale

I didn't expect us to win today, but I probably got sucked in to the 'our team is not good enough' narrative.

Looking at the first XI, it IS good enough. Our first team is solid, save for a proper striker. As much love as I have for bringing youth through, that bench needs looking at. Some people may have confused lack of depth for a rubbish team. Undoubtedly we need more options off the bench, but that first team is definitely good enough to avoid relegation.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 20:58]
Starting XI v Hudds on 21:40 - Sep 5 with 3550 viewsEllDale

I watched the game in Elland with some colleagues from work who are Huddersfield fans.
They made some interesting comments about apparent similarities between the clubs.
Terriers fans for example are fed up of negative comments from their boardroom about how skint they are. This despite parachute payments from the Premier League but the new owner says that the old owner has asked for the return of his £50m “investment” so the coffers were empty.
They were desperate for a keeper but ended up with a player in Hamer who they don’t rate at all plus Pereira. They were very complimentary on the other hand about our number one.
They say that their squad is wafer thin and that the bench will be packed with Academy players.
And they despair about where their goals are going to come from with Grant and Mounie both looking to leave and with no replacements in sight.
It all sounds familiar doesn’t it?!
They were all very complimentary about our work ethic and style of football and were very impressed with O’Connell who they thought could quite easily play in the Championship. We might well be fighting off other clubs in January.
I personally didn’t give us a chance before the game. Perhaps the genuine pessimism on this board had rubbed off.
Our defence and midfield is good though but perhaps that had been forgotten.
It was also good that we didn’t concede a silly early goal which happened all too often last season.
Starting XI v Hudds on 22:02 - Sep 5 with 3452 viewsrkershaw

Starting XI v Hudds on 21:40 - Sep 5 by EllDale

I watched the game in Elland with some colleagues from work who are Huddersfield fans.
They made some interesting comments about apparent similarities between the clubs.
Terriers fans for example are fed up of negative comments from their boardroom about how skint they are. This despite parachute payments from the Premier League but the new owner says that the old owner has asked for the return of his £50m “investment” so the coffers were empty.
They were desperate for a keeper but ended up with a player in Hamer who they don’t rate at all plus Pereira. They were very complimentary on the other hand about our number one.
They say that their squad is wafer thin and that the bench will be packed with Academy players.
And they despair about where their goals are going to come from with Grant and Mounie both looking to leave and with no replacements in sight.
It all sounds familiar doesn’t it?!
They were all very complimentary about our work ethic and style of football and were very impressed with O’Connell who they thought could quite easily play in the Championship. We might well be fighting off other clubs in January.
I personally didn’t give us a chance before the game. Perhaps the genuine pessimism on this board had rubbed off.
Our defence and midfield is good though but perhaps that had been forgotten.
It was also good that we didn’t concede a silly early goal which happened all too often last season.

Scenario for the Ammies tag team to ponder over.... Dale draw Salford City in the next round of the league cup.......Hendo scores and Dale go out..... do you cream your pants or support the current playing staff in their future endeavours?? 🤔🤔
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 22:02]
Starting XI v Hudds on 22:03 - Sep 5 with 3443 viewsD_Alien

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:34 - Sep 5 by Thacks_Rabbits

Got to hold my hands up. I expected us to get hammered and we put in a fantastic performance.

All credit to all involved and I am so glad I was totally wrong.

UTD

I hope you didn't lose any money backing against us?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:16 - Sep 5 with 3385 viewsdownunder

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:00 - Sep 5 by boromat

Great result that especially in the circumstances. Somehow managed to get a result without anything up top really.

I would say they had plenty "up top" today. As in above the shoulders up top. Well done BBM in harnessing the motivation factor of being written off before a ball was kicked. Long may it continue.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 3:01]
Starting XI v Hudds on 22:18 - Sep 5 with 3370 viewsTVOS1907

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:02 - Sep 5 by rkershaw

Scenario for the Ammies tag team to ponder over.... Dale draw Salford City in the next round of the league cup.......Hendo scores and Dale go out..... do you cream your pants or support the current playing staff in their future endeavours?? 🤔🤔
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 22:02]

Give it a rest or give it a melody!

Everyone will support the current team, but people will always comment on the performances of former players, like they do when R Craig scores for Watford, for example.

Until Chaff & Co put up a rule that says former players can't be discussed, it will always go on.

Which reminds me, Pyke scored for Shrewsbury last night and Henderson scored in the penalty shoot-out today.

Also today, Kgosi Ntlhe was part of the Barrow defence which kept a clean sheet at Championship side Derby County and MJ Williams came on as a substitute as Blackpool threw away a 2-0 lead to lose 7-2 at Liverpool.

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:20 - Sep 5 with 3362 viewsTVOS1907

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:03 - Sep 5 by D_Alien

Me neither.

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:41 - Sep 5 with 3285 viewsD_Alien

Dontcha just love being able to get stuck into typical Dale threads after six months of that covid shit?

Some way to go yet of course, but today feels like we're back where we belong

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:46 - Sep 5 with 3254 viewsTVOS1907

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:41 - Sep 5 by D_Alien

Dontcha just love being able to get stuck into typical Dale threads after six months of that covid shit?

Some way to go yet of course, but today feels like we're back where we belong

Yeah, apparently too many people have been taking things too seriously around here.

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:55 - Sep 5 with 3206 viewsrkershaw

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:46 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

Yeah, apparently too many people have been taking things too seriously around here.

Judging by the number of disgruntled posts relating to the insistence of some to update us of every available stat concerning our former captain ....when our current captain fantastic has scored his first Dale goal ......and in doing so .....has given our current crop an amazing away win against a team which are currently plying their trade one league higher than ourselves ......I'd say that it's not just me that needs to give it a rest??!!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 23:05]
Starting XI v Hudds on 23:08 - Sep 5 with 3167 viewsTVOS1907

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:55 - Sep 5 by rkershaw

Judging by the number of disgruntled posts relating to the insistence of some to update us of every available stat concerning our former captain ....when our current captain fantastic has scored his first Dale goal ......and in doing so .....has given our current crop an amazing away win against a team which are currently plying their trade one league higher than ourselves ......I'd say that it's not just me that needs to give it a rest??!!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 23:05]

I agree, but it's just natural to comment on the exploits of former players, as I posted above.

It will soon die a death.

Starting XI v Hudds on 23:40 - Sep 5 with 3096 viewsdaz

Starting XI v Hudds on 23:08 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

I agree, but it's just natural to comment on the exploits of former players, as I posted above.

It will soon die a death.

Very true!

Does anyone know if Andy Flounders scored today 🤔
Starting XI v Hudds on 00:13 - Sep 6 with 3030 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Starting XI v Hudds on 22:03 - Sep 5 by D_Alien

Regardless of anything, I can’t and never will back is to lose.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Starting XI v Hudds on 08:21 - Sep 6 with 2778 viewswimborne_dale

According to the BBC statistics, we had only 4 shots, 1 on target, i.e. the goal. That's what you call efficient.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Starting XI v Hudds on 08:32 - Sep 6 with 2747 viewsThe_Knightowl

A great result...bring on the semi finals and the prize money !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024