Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon 18:05 - Nov 19 with 16757 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53423/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:03 - Nov 21 with 2457 views1907

We weren’t great today but we more than matched an equally average Wimbledon. We were certainly the better team for the majority of the game but there was absolutely no quality in the final third.

Roberts MOM by a mile & the best player on the pitch.

Morley... Struggling to understand what he does other than ping 50 yards ball straight to the opposition?

What I absolutely do not understand is the ridiculous substitutions bringing Done, Baah & Dooley on? Done offers absolutely nothing, we all know that. Absolutely no surprise thereafter that it’s Dooley’s man that scores unmarked. Why are we making that substitution in the 92nd minute? Completely amateurish.

Something needs to change for Tuesday because it is an absolutely must win game.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:04 - Nov 21 with 2444 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:01 - Nov 21 by MancDale

Nil nil would've been the fair result but just so predictable we'd make a stupid mistake and gift them the winner. Reckon it'll be a while before I waste another 10 quid watching us try and fail to find a cutting edge. On a positive note Roberts was great.

Not ashamed to admit i'd already decided not to waste a tenner

We must win against Northampton now to avoid freefall, but i won't be watching until there's some sign that we're capable of playing more than keepball (badly)

[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 17:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:05 - Nov 21 with 2428 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 16:56 - Nov 21 by Nigeriamark

We went worse as each substitution was made. Very poor last 10 minutes after being on top that half

Humphries obviously needs some minutes under his belt, but we actually missed Beesley when he went off.

Roberts MOM by a mile

Afraid I agree 100%. The subs made us worse. Ryan drives us forward in midfield, but can't be fit because BBM always subs him. We went much worse after Beesley went off as there was then absolutely no plan to hold the ball upfront.

Done only touched the ball once in their half (a header up in the air) and him and Keohane are laughably weak down our right hand side...something that they pounced on almost straight away. What a basic mistake by Keohane. Cringeworthy.

Feel sorry for Roberts because he was head and shoulders above anyone else on our team and did not deserve to lose.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:08 - Nov 21 with 2370 viewsJames1980

Shame they don't give bonus points for possession.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:10 - Nov 21 with 2316 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 16:52 - Nov 21 by boromat

How frustrating!! One shot on target in added time.

Don’t understand where the statisticians got that from. Morley (x2), Ryan and Lund all had shots on target in the first half alone.

The people saying we got what we deserved are posting emotionally rather than sensibly. We didn’t deserve to lose at all. We pretty much dominated the game and Wimbledon defended with 11 men all game. Our problem is obviously our inability to score, but with Humphrys and Baah returning that should improve.

We lost because of a Keohane mistake against a side who defended stubbornly, not because we deserved to.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 2291 views1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:10 - Nov 21 by Shun

Don’t understand where the statisticians got that from. Morley (x2), Ryan and Lund all had shots on target in the first half alone.

The people saying we got what we deserved are posting emotionally rather than sensibly. We didn’t deserve to lose at all. We pretty much dominated the game and Wimbledon defended with 11 men all game. Our problem is obviously our inability to score, but with Humphrys and Baah returning that should improve.

We lost because of a Keohane mistake against a side who defended stubbornly, not because we deserved to.

And the fact that Morley couldn’t hit a barn door if it was 2 feet in front of him.

It’s time to freshen up the centre of midfield because we’ve been poor there repeatedly for weeks.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:17 - Nov 21 with 2235 viewsHopwoodblue

I asked this question a few weeks ago
Is it the manager or the players ? Do we think this squad of players are capable of keeping us in division one playing a different style of football?
Or are the squad of players we currently have just not good enough to keep us up no matter what style of football we play?
If we think they are capable then something needs to change quickly.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 17:19]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:18 - Nov 21 with 2227 viewsRotherhamDale

I thought we got what we deserved.

A really solid away performance from Wimbledon for 80 mins, and then there was only one winner at the end.

I was looking forward to watching us after the much needed break but I should have known better

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:18 - Nov 21 with 2219 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:13 - Nov 21 by 1907

And the fact that Morley couldn’t hit a barn door if it was 2 feet in front of him.

It’s time to freshen up the centre of midfield because we’ve been poor there repeatedly for weeks.

Morley’s been poor all season, and today he was dreadful. I’d either play him further forward, or sit him on the bench and have an extra attacker. Ryan can play the DM role perfectly well, we don’t need a quarterback.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:20 - Nov 21 with 2211 viewsJames1980

The frustration is understandable, once again for all the possession we had we have nothing to show for it. The last two substitutions seemed to be in reaction to AFC making their final 2. Was BBM thinking if they are going to go for it we better had as well? If our star signing was fit enough to be on the bench why didn't he start? It's not as if the current front line have been prolific up to now so starting one or more of them on the bench wouldn't have raised many eyebrows.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:30 - Nov 21 with 2078 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 16:57 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

Can we have some realism now? Our league form has not been “outstanding” and that interview with BBM yesterday was not reflective of where we are.

Fans aren’t stupid, we knew this would be a tough season so stop dressing things up and painting a picture that clearly isn’t factual as it helps nobody. Today was uninspiring and a tiresome watch, we don’t need to hear something opposite and those at the club should realise that. Supporters will back the team and the manager through this difficult time, however it requires the club to be better too.

Edit: for reference, here is the interview. It’s actually annoying to read again.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/november/bbm-on-afc-wimbledon/
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 17:00]

Is he in a World of his own....Brian Land? I read that interview and thought it was a bit optimistic on his part but expected greater things today.

This month has been a disaster......we only avoided a good dicking last week by Charlton because of the International Break postponement and what do we get..... our Break is a finger to our GK!

We still have another game to play in November....for goodness sake, please give us something to smile and be proud of, is it too much to ask?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:31 - Nov 21 with 2072 viewsrich_dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:18 - Nov 21 by Shun

Morley’s been poor all season, and today he was dreadful. I’d either play him further forward, or sit him on the bench and have an extra attacker. Ryan can play the DM role perfectly well, we don’t need a quarterback.

Agree, we don't need both Ryan and Morley especially at home. We're starting games with four central midfielders albeit with Rathbone as a wide attacker (and he looks happier and more effective in the middle). The quarterback idea needs to go as well. Time to try 4-4-2 and play further up the pitch.

I really hope BBM doesn't say 'we controlled the game for long periods' (again). Wimbledon controlled the game by defending well, soaking us up, then countering and scoring at the end. No lessons being learned, today was similar to the Stockport game. We need no fear football again.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:38 - Nov 21 with 1989 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:31 - Nov 21 by rich_dale

Agree, we don't need both Ryan and Morley especially at home. We're starting games with four central midfielders albeit with Rathbone as a wide attacker (and he looks happier and more effective in the middle). The quarterback idea needs to go as well. Time to try 4-4-2 and play further up the pitch.

I really hope BBM doesn't say 'we controlled the game for long periods' (again). Wimbledon controlled the game by defending well, soaking us up, then countering and scoring at the end. No lessons being learned, today was similar to the Stockport game. We need no fear football again.

£50 a match and it’s a deal.

Agree though. Preferably with Newby and Baah/Beesley giving width, whoever even if it’s with Rathbone on the left wing we need to start getting it wide and balls into the box for two strikers who can worry the opposition more. The Morley ‘quarterback’ thing has been mentioned and makes so little sense as it clearly isn’t working and even BBM mentioned him on the podcast when people are saying he isn’t being used effectively.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:40 - Nov 21 with 1960 viewsJames1980

We need to attack in numbers. At the moment it is too easy for the opposition to swarm the players that do push forward. Also too many times our players have no outlet other than one deep within our own half. This tactic of passing it about to pull the other team out of position certainly isn't working.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:43 - Nov 21 with 1924 views49thseason

Once again we ended up being steam-rollered by a big physical side who played simple football.
Keohane isn't capable of playing fullback, not big enough, not strong enough and no real sense of positioning. Morley needs to play further forward and Ryan needs to stop playing with his back to the opposition goal and constantly passing back or losing possession.
The late substitutions were a disaster and totally unnecessary The whole team in devoid of forward looking ideas and there wasn't a single clear cut opportunity created in the 90 mins.
This is a team that isn't improving.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:44 - Nov 21 with 1909 views442Dale

Also worth noting in the next game how many times players get the ball with space in front of them but they don’t look to advance with it, rather immediately looking who to pass it to. It makes the other team have to react if a player is moving with the ball rather than them holding position to watch the ball being moved.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 17:46]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:46 - Nov 21 with 1886 viewstruenorth

There’s no embarrassment in losing to a club or a team like Wimbledon?*

*replace as required.

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:50 - Nov 21 with 1858 viewsBrierls

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 15:50 - Nov 21 by SandyDrum

Anyone ever had a problem with ifollow - where you pay for the stream, watch it for 20 mins then get kicked out and told you haven't paid for it.

I paid again (after checking if the successful payment from before had left my account, it hadn't weirdly.)

Watched another 20 minutes and the same thing happened again!

I dont want to 'pay' again in case they go and take 30 quid from my account.

That happened to me 5 mins in.

I ‘paid’ (entered same free pass code and provided card details) again and it was fine from that point.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:55 - Nov 21 with 1818 viewsboromat

I meant one shot on target for Wimbledon. Not that I checked the stats.

Agree with everything you said. We can't break teams down we don't have enough going forward it's been shown several times this season. If we want to win games we need to improve in the final third. I think at the moment we've got a better chance against the better teams where we're more likely to get an open game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 18:23 - Nov 21 with 1672 viewsfirgrovedale51

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 17:43 - Nov 21 by 49thseason

Once again we ended up being steam-rollered by a big physical side who played simple football.
Keohane isn't capable of playing fullback, not big enough, not strong enough and no real sense of positioning. Morley needs to play further forward and Ryan needs to stop playing with his back to the opposition goal and constantly passing back or losing possession.
The late substitutions were a disaster and totally unnecessary The whole team in devoid of forward looking ideas and there wasn't a single clear cut opportunity created in the 90 mins.
This is a team that isn't improving.

Keohane is not a fullback and never be as long as he has an hole in his ar*e he simply can`t defend he plays far too narrow and does not contact the opposition attacker until he is at the 18 yard box also his marking positional sense is non existent
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 18:27]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 18:29 - Nov 21 with 1639 viewsmilnrowblue

Yet again I see the BBM out brigade in force.

I have absolute no doubt that if we let BBM go, he’d work wonders with a bigger budget club and be a touted coach much like Danny Cowley or even higher.

We weren’t good today, but only in front of goal. Ollie needs releasing more rather than looking for Bola, Newby was great when he ran at defenders like I’ve been saying all season. Beesley going off really effected us as we didn’t win any long balls.

Humpries back to full fitness, Baah coming in to the team which is a rather unknown on a regular basis and realising that Morely needs a deep lying role rather than a “libero” Maldini and we’re on to a winner.

Then again, I’m not being paid by a professional football club to manage games and neither is anybody else on here (unless their is a poster called “CorkDale”) and this ain’t the worst position we’ve ever been in.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 18:33 - Nov 21 with 1618 viewsdalelee

Keohane just needed to play the ball down the wing. We was under pressure in the last 10 minutes and he should have played the ball long into space.

Yes we had lots of possession, but Wimbledon sat deep and was content to contain us. They only showed any intent in the last 20 minutes. You could say it was the perfect away performance, but the way we are performing at the moment, if Wimbledon has attacked from the start they would probably have won more convincingly.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 18:34 - Nov 21 with 1616 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 18:29 - Nov 21 by milnrowblue

Yet again I see the BBM out brigade in force.

I have absolute no doubt that if we let BBM go, he’d work wonders with a bigger budget club and be a touted coach much like Danny Cowley or even higher.

We weren’t good today, but only in front of goal. Ollie needs releasing more rather than looking for Bola, Newby was great when he ran at defenders like I’ve been saying all season. Beesley going off really effected us as we didn’t win any long balls.

Humpries back to full fitness, Baah coming in to the team which is a rather unknown on a regular basis and realising that Morely needs a deep lying role rather than a “libero” Maldini and we’re on to a winner.

Then again, I’m not being paid by a professional football club to manage games and neither is anybody else on here (unless their is a poster called “CorkDale”) and this ain’t the worst position we’ve ever been in.

You must be reading a different message board to me. I have seen one post saying he should go. But if that is your "out in force" its a bit like having 1 shot all game and saying we dominated
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 18:35 - Nov 21 with 1607 viewsBillyRudd

Classic smash and grab from Wimbledon. Once they had decided to go for it in the last 15 mins coupled with our consistent inability to finish strongly we struggled.
Keohane did,nt have the option to pass back but we now know why he invariably does so.
Someone on here has compared Beesleys strength with a "breadstick"and unfortunately I can,t get the thought out of my head now. I love a trier but as a goalscorer he has been a lost wage so far. Other than his work rate I haven,t honestly seen any Lge 1 ability to consistently get the ball in the net. He is a 5 goals a season player sadly, offset a little with his workrate.
Morley has played much better in the past further up field but that does,nt excuse his crossing today including poor corners.
Bola looked content to play backwards today and has regressed since arriving.
When Ryan, Lund, Rathbone and Newby are even slightly off their game then we have no cutting edge at all.
Only BBM knows why a double substitution, 1 minute into 4 added, made any sense. I can only assume it was an attempt to slow the game down as we were under the cosh. If that is the case it does,nt auger well for the season. I think teams have already realised, or soon will, that we are a 75 minutes team at present.
A shame Ollies interception went wide as it was great anticipation but I still would,nt have been confident of three points if it had gone in.
Plus points. Humphreys return but I fear that in his eagerness to please he will be all over the field instead of concentrating on his main job of losing defenders and finding space in front of goal when we have the ball.
Roberts is a pleasure to watch. Gives the impression of being balanced with both feet all the time, assured in his decision taking with pace when needed. Seems to know when to run the ball forward which always seems to catch the opposition unaware. No Hollywood balls. We are lucky to have him.
I did think that in the first half we made some attacking moves that were easy on the eye but we need to do it consistently even if it is only against the bottom teams when the 6 pointers start arriving in the New Year if we are to survive.
Another day it might have been different but the table is looking ominous again.
Someone wrote recently that the Cobblers had been woeful in a recent game. I thought at the time it was tempting fate. They scored 3 today albeit against Burton. As hard as I try I can,t envisage us scoring three in a game so come on Beesley please please make me look a fool on Tuesday
Up the Dale
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 19:17 - Nov 21 with 1443 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 16:56 - Nov 21 by Nigeriamark

We went worse as each substitution was made. Very poor last 10 minutes after being on top that half

Humphries obviously needs some minutes under his belt, but we actually missed Beesley when he went off.

Roberts MOM by a mile

Interesting comment on the subs. The team has more often than not picked itself this season. BBM now needs to process the best formation and who to use in the system. I took an intake of breath when Ryan was replaced by Humphrys. BMM is a smart man and he will work it out, but he does need to sort it pronto.
The Silver lining is that that game today was behind closed doors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024