Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kettle calling the pot? 11:57 - Dec 21 with 3782 viewsNigeriamark

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55380807
Kettle calling the pot? on 12:07 - Dec 21 with 3752 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Where will he end up now....? Sounds like a proper broken toy.

Certainly not at San Spotty with those credentials, pity as with his experience and a few years left he would be ideal.
Kettle calling the pot? on 12:09 - Dec 21 with 3743 viewsnordenblue

Kettle calling the pot? on 12:07 - Dec 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

Where will he end up now....? Sounds like a proper broken toy.

Certainly not at San Spotty with those credentials, pity as with his experience and a few years left he would be ideal.

That clash was inevitable, too similar for their own good
Kettle calling the pot? on 12:25 - Dec 21 with 3714 viewsDalenet

Silly boy. He won't walk into a club right now with budget restrictions and covid.

That will no doubt save a big wage for Fleetwood. Maybe his indiscipline has come at a good time for them
Kettle calling the pot? on 13:28 - Dec 21 with 3590 viewsBrierls

Kettle calling the pot? on 12:25 - Dec 21 by Dalenet

Silly boy. He won't walk into a club right now with budget restrictions and covid.

That will no doubt save a big wage for Fleetwood. Maybe his indiscipline has come at a good time for them

If he wants to, he will walk into a club in January.
Kettle calling the pot? on 15:33 - Dec 21 with 3409 viewsdale1968

Probably end up at Salford..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Kettle calling the pot? on 16:16 - Dec 21 with 3342 viewsjonahwhereru

The way Barton worded it it does sounds like he tries to cut players some slack. Which with his background would be hypocritical if that were not the case.
Someone will take a chance on Evans, but his behaviour limits his appeal and earning potential.
Would not be a priority for us, that’s for sure.
Kettle calling the pot? on 16:39 - Dec 21 with 3289 viewsDale92

Kettle calling the pot? on 15:33 - Dec 21 by dale1968

Probably end up at Salford..

I was watching this the new Class of 92 last night. offering Grigg 2.5k in the first year in league 2 with a bunch of addons, easy to see why hendo went there. he hasnt featured at all but seems like he was on the top target list

This is the One, I've waited for

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:08 - Dec 21 with 3112 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Kettle calling the pot? on 16:16 - Dec 21 by jonahwhereru

The way Barton worded it it does sounds like he tries to cut players some slack. Which with his background would be hypocritical if that were not the case.
Someone will take a chance on Evans, but his behaviour limits his appeal and earning potential.
Would not be a priority for us, that’s for sure.

I don’t really take much notice of Barton’s comments, chances are Evans has questioned Barton’s decision making or substitutions or tactics a number of times, and Barton has had enough. Paying him off won’t have been cheap though so I suspect he has another club lined up as well.

Ability wise he is way above what we have, despite having 4 years not playing, but he will always have a stigma attached to him which is undeserving, he was guilty of being a dickhead that’s it. We won’t be signing him as we can’t afford him, if we could I would have no issues at all with him playing for us.

He will end up somewhere that will pay around 8k a week for his services, Salford, Sunderland, Portsmouth, maybe Wigan or Blackpool. Think he still lives near Rhyl so I would guess Northwest is most likely.

Barton does not like strong characters in the dressing room, so it does not come as a massive surprise.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:22 - Dec 21 with 3075 views442Dale

Never really understood why he’s a player who seems so sought after. Had one excellent season at Sheff Utd in L1 almost a decade ago which for a team that size isn’t overly remarkable, then half decent at Fleetwood without being a regular. Don’t get the fuss, Madden is far superior for a start.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:27 - Dec 21 with 3061 viewsAtThePeake

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:22 - Dec 21 by 442Dale

Never really understood why he’s a player who seems so sought after. Had one excellent season at Sheff Utd in L1 almost a decade ago which for a team that size isn’t overly remarkable, then half decent at Fleetwood without being a regular. Don’t get the fuss, Madden is far superior for a start.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if he got a better club than Fleetwood now tbh. Goalscoring record since his return has been solid at best and he was already a bit of a risk for any club given his reputation - but his stock has surely only fallen further given the manner of his departure from Fleetwood now. Not to mention the fact that he turns 32 next week. Salford maybe makes sense since they're in the league below and have the wage that he is likely to demand.

Tangled up in blue.

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:35 - Dec 21 with 3038 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:22 - Dec 21 by 442Dale

Have to agree I rate Madden a lot more than Evans as well 442.

I see Evans as a good L1/lower championship player now, but he was seen as a rising star at Sheffield in the season he scored 30 plus (before his enforced break) and still scored at a similar rate to Hendo at Fleetwood.

To spend 5 years in reality not playing, getting abuse all over and being able to return to the level he is at should be applauded. I wish the guy well

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:43 - Dec 21 with 3021 viewsTVOS1907

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:08 - Dec 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

I don’t really take much notice of Barton’s comments, chances are Evans has questioned Barton’s decision making or substitutions or tactics a number of times, and Barton has had enough. Paying him off won’t have been cheap though so I suspect he has another club lined up as well.

Ability wise he is way above what we have, despite having 4 years not playing, but he will always have a stigma attached to him which is undeserving, he was guilty of being a dickhead that’s it. We won’t be signing him as we can’t afford him, if we could I would have no issues at all with him playing for us.

He will end up somewhere that will pay around 8k a week for his services, Salford, Sunderland, Portsmouth, maybe Wigan or Blackpool. Think he still lives near Rhyl so I would guess Northwest is most likely.

Barton does not like strong characters in the dressing room, so it does not come as a massive surprise.

Wigan?

They're on the verge of going out of existence.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:48 - Dec 21 with 3015 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:43 - Dec 21 by TVOS1907

Wigan?

They're on the verge of going out of existence.

They are but can still afford to pay players that we would have if we had the chance, and who knows what will happen!

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:51 - Dec 21 with 3011 viewsTVOS1907

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:48 - Dec 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

They are but can still afford to pay players that we would have if we had the chance, and who knows what will happen!

But it's not about comparing them with us; it was about clubs who might be able to afford Evans' wages.

They released virtually every player at the end of last season and their team last Tuesday was packed with kids, with a few exceptions.

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:57 - Dec 21 with 3004 views442Dale

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:35 - Dec 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

Have to agree I rate Madden a lot more than Evans as well 442.

I see Evans as a good L1/lower championship player now, but he was seen as a rising star at Sheffield in the season he scored 30 plus (before his enforced break) and still scored at a similar rate to Hendo at Fleetwood.

To spend 5 years in reality not playing, getting abuse all over and being able to return to the level he is at should be applauded. I wish the guy well

Never done it in the Championship, one good and one average season in L1 since returning. He’s not rubbish obviously, just nowt special at all. Certainly not worth any side spending big wages on.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Kettle calling the pot? on 21:00 - Dec 21 with 2786 viewsEllDale

“Multiple infractions” is pretty damning.
Would be interesting to know if there had been previous disciplinary proceedings eg verbal and/or written warnings before Evans was asked to leave the building which is what would happen in most jobs.
Kettle calling the pot? on 16:21 - Dec 23 with 2452 viewsCockneyDale

On a tangent - anyone heard further on Nathaniel Mendez Laing?
Kettle calling the pot? on 16:36 - Dec 23 with 2415 viewsTVOS1907

Kettle calling the pot? on 16:21 - Dec 23 by CockneyDale

No, there's been no "sine" of him anywhere.

Kettle calling the pot? on 16:47 - Dec 23 with 2396 viewsDaleiLama

Kettle calling the pot? on 16:36 - Dec 23 by TVOS1907

No, there's been no "sine" of him anywhere.

You're being deliberately obtuse again!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Kettle calling the pot? on 19:23 - Dec 23 with 2301 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Kettle calling the pot? on 16:21 - Dec 23 by CockneyDale

He is training in Dubai, or was last I heard, would say he will return somewhere in January.

Just out of interest how long do class A drugs stay in your system?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024