Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy New Year 11:10 - Dec 31 with 1095 viewsthrillseeker

Happy New Year to everyone

Let's hope 2021 is a better year than 2020 - it shouldn't be difficult!
Happy New Year on 12:35 - Dec 31 with 775 viewsdurham_exile

Happy New Year TS and all boarders

Three points against Tranmere would be a decent start

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Happy New Year on 12:47 - Dec 31 with 769 viewswessex_exile

Happy New Year on 12:35 - Dec 31 by durham_exile

Happy New Year TS and all boarders

Three points against Tranmere would be a decent start

Up the U's

It would indeed - Happier New Year everyone, and Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Happy New Year on 13:01 - Dec 31 with 762 viewsMoor_Pinot

Happy New Year on 12:47 - Dec 31 by wessex_exile

It would indeed - Happier New Year everyone, and Up the U's!

My best wishes to you all for a better 2021.
Stay well and hang in there. All bad things eventually end.

Moor Pinot

Happy New Year on 13:14 - Dec 31 with 758 viewsbwildered

Happy New Year to everyone and above all stay safe .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Happy New Year on 15:04 - Dec 31 with 744 viewsgerry_us

A Very Pleasant 2021 to all boarders wherever you are in the World.
May next year be an significant improvement on 2020 both generally and for the U's.

Oh...and sorry Durham, can't begin to think of a suitable funny theme for Tranmere Rovers, you are on your own for this one; good luck mate.
Happy New Year on 15:29 - Dec 31 with 737 viewsburnsieespana

Happy New Year everybody.
Let us hope for good fortune for Col U and an end to the Covid nightmare!
Happy New Year on 15:46 - Dec 31 with 734 viewsLeadbelly

Happy New Year on 15:04 - Dec 31 by gerry_us

May next year be an significant improvement on 2020 both generally and for the U's.

Oh...and sorry Durham, can't begin to think of a suitable funny theme for Tranmere Rovers, you are on your own for this one; good luck mate.

Happy New Year everyone. Onwards and upwards in 2021.

Possible themes for Tranmere...Port Sunlight and soap. There endeth my knowledge of The Wirral, other than its being home to my favourite band, Half Man Half Biscuit.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Happy New Year on 16:02 - Dec 31 with 732 viewspwrightsknees

Happy New Year Everyone, and a better and prosperous 2021.

This board is wonderful. It means that I have so many friends, and, strangely, know none of you.

Take care U's fans everywhere and stay safe.

Up the U's
Login to get fewer ads

Happy New Year on 18:37 - Dec 31 with 716 viewsthrillseeker

Happy New Year on 16:02 - Dec 31 by pwrightsknees

Happy New Year Everyone, and a better and prosperous 2021.

This board is wonderful. It means that I have so many friends, and, strangely, know none of you.

Take care U's fans everywhere and stay safe.

Up the U's

PWK wrote - This board is wonderful. It means that I have so many friends, and, strangely, know none of you

Once Covid allows may be we should do something like hire a box for a match - normally around £45 per person for the basic no frills option. Need a minimum of 10 with a maximum of 20 allowed in a box
Happy New Year on 19:00 - Dec 31 with 711 viewswessex_exile

Happy New Year on 18:37 - Dec 31 by thrillseeker

PWK wrote - This board is wonderful. It means that I have so many friends, and, strangely, know none of you

Once Covid allows may be we should do something like hire a box for a match - normally around £45 per person for the basic no frills option. Need a minimum of 10 with a maximum of 20 allowed in a box

I think that's a great idea - I know a fair few of you, but plenty more I've never knowingly met (or at least, can't put a message board name to a face).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Happy New Year on 19:18 - Dec 31 with 705 viewsgerry_us

Happy New Year on 19:00 - Dec 31 by wessex_exile

I think that's a great idea - I know a fair few of you, but plenty more I've never knowingly met (or at least, can't put a message board name to a face).

What a brilliant idea. Count me in
Happy New Year on 21:19 - Dec 31 with 689 viewsmfb_cufc

That is a good idea, as long as I am not expected to have to watch the rubbish on the pitch. Only joking, count me in.

mfb

Happy New Year on 21:21 - Dec 31 with 688 viewspwrightsknees

Me too, of course.
Happy New Year on 22:06 - Dec 31 with 681 viewsgerry_us

Happy New Year on 21:19 - Dec 31 by mfb_cufc

That is a good idea, as long as I am not expected to have to watch the rubbish on the pitch. Only joking, count me in.

In the last few months I believe there was a situation where fans were allowed into hospitality suites at a stadium during a match but the curtains to the suite were shut tight and they had to watch the match on the TV. You couldn't make it up...maybe we can just switch the TV off?
Happy New Year on 22:53 - Dec 31 with 673 viewsnoah4x4

I’ve decided that football is all about going to the pub, mates before dates, watch match, return to pub, bitch about manager, go home. Without the pub and bitching might as well watch match on I-Follow.
Happy New Year on 00:31 - Jan 1 with 664 viewsLeadbelly

Splendid idea. Put me down for a ticket.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Happy New Year on 00:57 - Jan 1 with 662 viewsdurham_exile

Happy New Year on 15:04 - Dec 31 by gerry_us

Gerry - Courtesy of Mike Bassett - Wirral Rubbish!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Happy New Year on 11:54 - Jan 1 with 634 viewsoxfcolu

Happy New year all.
Hope for a few wins starting today.
I would also like to join you all in the posh box.😁
Happy New Year on 14:16 - Jan 1 with 619 viewsMoor_Pinot

Happy New Year on 21:21 - Dec 31 by pwrightsknees

Me too, of course.

Wish I could!

Moor Pinot

Happy New Year on 20:51 - Jan 1 with 586 viewsburnsieespana

Count me in so long as I am able travel as would be an excellent occasion.
Happy New Year on 01:12 - Jan 2 with 568 viewsdurham_exile

Happy New Year on 19:00 - Dec 31 by wessex_exile

Excellent idea
Please count me in.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Happy New Year on 07:11 - Jan 2 with 561 viewsnoah4x4

Loves footie with a posh pi55 up. Count me in.

However, I find the pre-match meal package in the Centennial Suite with seats in the West Stand to be a better experience and better value than a potentially soul less Col U Box. Also, probably easier to organise as we don't have to fill a complete table/box. We just book as a group the required number of seats on one (or more) adjacent tables. For either, we need to pick a date and book some weeks ahead as numbers are limited. The Centennial Suite option is highly popular.

Done both a few times. At least with the Centennial Suite you get access to one guest real ale and proper food. Last time in a box I found myself hungry and ordered a pizza (the only hot option), only to be told at half time it had been overlooked by the caterers. At least in the Centennial Suite you have access to a fuller bar, proper service, a proper meal and there is some atmosphere. Sorry to say this, but Ipswich and Norwich offer a far better hospitality box experience. You need to purchase a fuller dining experience at Col U as the cheaper (lager only) box option is disappointing.

Alternatively, we could simply meet in the significantly refurbished now more upmarket, Bricklayers Arms. Now that Sureya Hotels own the Brickies, the food is excellent and the range of real ales very good. They also own the George in the High Street. We could pre-book tables the (overlooking) garden room and get a minibus to the match. Then return to the Victoria Inn (a "proper pub") albeit a beer only establishment.
Happy New Year on 11:36 - Jan 2 with 542 viewspwrightsknees

Good post Noah.

I'm happy to "go with the flow".

As it happens, both the Brickies and the Victoria are within walking (staggering?) distance for me, But I'm happy to fit in with whatever is convenient to others.

Good luck to the U's this afternoon. Start off the new year by doing us proud!
Happy New Year on 12:20 - Jan 2 with 536 viewsgerry_us

I like your style Noah but I am not sure a pi55 up as you suggest is ideal for all us Exiles who will have to travel some considerable distance there and back...on a skin full?
More inclined to back the original convivial nature of the hospitality suite with food and alcohol if require. Booze before, during and after the match is not my style. Just my opinion though.
Happy New Year on 13:42 - Jan 2 with 522 viewsnoah4x4

Was just suggesting alternatives Gerry. If not drinking, all the more reason not to waste money. The only real advantage of a Box is if you stay indoors (e.g. not in sight of pitch) you can have a drink during the match. Other than that it is just a room. At least in the Centennial Suite the club attempts to entertain you (player speakers, celebrated guests, decent meal etc). Inside a Box can be soul less.

Hence my main point is that a Box isn't as good as the Centennial Suite experience. On my last two occasions in a Box we had to personally go down a floor to buy a decent beer and the service in a Box is almost non-existent unless you buy a full meal package. But to make that option economical you then need to fill the box with like-minded people all willing to pay top dollar. The Box seats are no better than the regular white seats centre of the West Stand as used for the Centennial Suite deal.

A Box is OK for serious full service corporate hospitality, but if the idea is for a group of like minded pals to informally get together, then the (Box only) budget option is not great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024