Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salmon v Sturgeon 18:52 - Feb 24 with 11535 viewswelwynranger

Theres something fishy going on in Scotland.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 07:58 - Mar 19 with 2006 viewskarl

Salmon v Sturgeon on 07:42 - Mar 19 by Toast_R

So apparantly Sturgeon has been officially found to have have mislead the Scottish Parliament on what she knew about the Salmond case and as a consequence, broken ministerial code. Will she resign?

The fervent Nationalists seem to think she shouldn't because Priti Patel, Boris and Hancock haven't resigned their positions having been found to have mislead Westminster.
What a situation we have with politicians in the UK, shameful really.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 08:17 - Mar 19 with 1977 viewsToast_R

Salmon v Sturgeon on 07:58 - Mar 19 by karl

The fervent Nationalists seem to think she shouldn't because Priti Patel, Boris and Hancock haven't resigned their positions having been found to have mislead Westminster.
What a situation we have with politicians in the UK, shameful really.

That's pretty much one the three SNP go to mantras now which says a lot.

1 What about Westminster?
2 It has nothing to do with you
3 Yoon Bot

They know she's guilty, they know she's royally f*cked up and they know without her the Indy dream is in the long grass
Salmon v Sturgeon on 08:24 - Mar 19 with 1968 viewsWatford_Ranger

Salmon v Sturgeon on 08:17 - Mar 19 by Toast_R

That's pretty much one the three SNP go to mantras now which says a lot.

1 What about Westminster?
2 It has nothing to do with you
3 Yoon Bot

They know she's guilty, they know she's royally f*cked up and they know without her the Indy dream is in the long grass

Appreciate different things will be of more importance to some people than others but personally find it a bit bizarre as someone in the South of England how much so many people here seem to care about it/her given everything we now just kneel down and take from politicians who have a more direct impact on us. Maybe I should care more about it than I do.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 09:06 - Mar 19 with 1889 viewsEsox_Lucius

Salmon v Sturgeon on 08:24 - Mar 19 by Watford_Ranger

Appreciate different things will be of more importance to some people than others but personally find it a bit bizarre as someone in the South of England how much so many people here seem to care about it/her given everything we now just kneel down and take from politicians who have a more direct impact on us. Maybe I should care more about it than I do.

So much this ^^^ Media pushing the SNP news to divert from the real criminal activity going on in the cabinet. It's the same with the furore over Meghan Markle; it draws the fire from where it should really be directed, Andrew.

The grass is always greener.

Salmon v Sturgeon on 09:15 - Mar 19 with 1882 viewsToast_R

Salmon v Sturgeon on 09:06 - Mar 19 by Esox_Lucius

So much this ^^^ Media pushing the SNP news to divert from the real criminal activity going on in the cabinet. It's the same with the furore over Meghan Markle; it draws the fire from where it should really be directed, Andrew.

The Media is all about whatever sells.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 10:41 - Mar 19 with 1815 viewsQPR_John

Salmon v Sturgeon on 07:42 - Mar 19 by Toast_R

So apparantly Sturgeon has been officially found to have have mislead the Scottish Parliament on what she knew about the Salmond case and as a consequence, broken ministerial code. Will she resign?

From what I understand they left out the word "knowingly" which gives her a get out
Salmon v Sturgeon on 12:16 - Mar 19 with 1780 viewsonlyrinmoray

Nicola Sturgeon is an honest politician doing a great job taking Scotland through the pandemic. The Tories and media are trying extremely hard to besmirch her prior to the Scottish elections She was questioned for 8 hours over the Salmond case Yet the media make no case for the behavior Tories have done at Westminister Hancock Patel and Johnson Completely two faced. Now my local MP is calling on her to resign before the result of the enquiry

I hope the majority of the people in Scotland can see through this Im English but voted Yes and SNP as I can see the improvements the SNP have done for Scotland free prescriptions, free tuition, free tampax, free buses for over 60s, free parking at hospitals baby boxes for new births

Voting in Boris Johnson was the final straw for me after messing up the London Mayor job and the Nazanin Radcliffe Iran release when Foreign Secretary the mans incompetant yet hes PM
Salmon v Sturgeon on 12:29 - Mar 19 with 1745 views2Thomas2Bowles

Before the pandemic, I did not like her at all, can't say I like her much now, I do think she lied and she did have it in for Salmond, rightly or wrongly

But on a scale of being a bent politician, she is small fry compared with some of the English ones.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Salmon v Sturgeon on 12:36 - Mar 19 with 1741 viewsgazza1

Salmon v Sturgeon on 12:16 - Mar 19 by onlyrinmoray

Nicola Sturgeon is an honest politician doing a great job taking Scotland through the pandemic. The Tories and media are trying extremely hard to besmirch her prior to the Scottish elections She was questioned for 8 hours over the Salmond case Yet the media make no case for the behavior Tories have done at Westminister Hancock Patel and Johnson Completely two faced. Now my local MP is calling on her to resign before the result of the enquiry

I hope the majority of the people in Scotland can see through this Im English but voted Yes and SNP as I can see the improvements the SNP have done for Scotland free prescriptions, free tuition, free tampax, free buses for over 60s, free parking at hospitals baby boxes for new births

Voting in Boris Johnson was the final straw for me after messing up the London Mayor job and the Nazanin Radcliffe Iran release when Foreign Secretary the mans incompetant yet hes PM

She is doing excellent in Scotland with the children's education, drugs, Care homes, etc, etc, and so on. She is also saving time and money when women want to complain about sexual harrassment (they don't bother any more) - well done Nicola. Independence, here we come.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 12:45 - Mar 19 with 1722 viewsgazza1

& we dont need any money from Westminster, we will generate enough to have parties all day, every day. & the EU will take us back as soon as we apply for membership. Not only that we will be able to throw away the 'sterling £' and introduce Euro's with our own banks.

Great times ahead ......
Salmon v Sturgeon on 12:59 - Mar 19 with 1695 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next constitutional crisis in the pipeline.

This Party started off as a parody but will be interested to see where the 10,000 Brexit Party vote goes.

Also, that's one hello of a logo!

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19164754.northern-independence-party-stan
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 13:00]
Salmon v Sturgeon on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 1667 viewsToast_R

Salmon v Sturgeon on 12:59 - Mar 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Next constitutional crisis in the pipeline.

This Party started off as a parody but will be interested to see where the 10,000 Brexit Party vote goes.

Also, that's one hello of a logo!

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19164754.northern-independence-party-stan
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 13:00]

Also most as bad as CUK
Salmon v Sturgeon on 13:10 - Mar 19 with 1665 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Salmon v Sturgeon on 13:09 - Mar 19 by Toast_R

Also most as bad as CUK

Nothing is as bad as CUK!
Salmon v Sturgeon on 00:51 - Mar 21 with 1481 viewsqpr85

Salmon v Sturgeon on 12:16 - Mar 19 by onlyrinmoray

After today's news, broken by Wings which I understand to be a big SNP supporter, do you still feel the same way?

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-invisible-weaving/

Nicola's husband, CEO of the SNP refused to allow his own audit team in to go over the books and 3 of them have resigned.

Also the "ring-fenced funds" for Indy2 is missing and you still say she's doing a goos job??

She was questioned for 8 hours and answered 50 times with either I don't know, I can't remember or not to my recollection. Still think she's doing a good job?

You say the media is trying to whitch hunt leading up to the elections yet the inquiry to the way she handled the Alex Salmond case was barely reported on. Especially by the press in Scotland, it seems like you'd get more truth from the CCP.

Everything you mentioned the SNP have done well is give away things for free. Clearly they are paying the bills for it somewhere

She is corrupt and its all coming out now but all the Sturgeon supporters just follow her blindly and bash everyone else claiming conspiracy theories or just being down to Westminster and the Torries
Salmon v Sturgeon on 07:58 - Mar 21 with 1386 viewsgazza1

Salmon v Sturgeon on 00:51 - Mar 21 by qpr85

After today's news, broken by Wings which I understand to be a big SNP supporter, do you still feel the same way?

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-invisible-weaving/

Nicola's husband, CEO of the SNP refused to allow his own audit team in to go over the books and 3 of them have resigned.

Also the "ring-fenced funds" for Indy2 is missing and you still say she's doing a goos job??

She was questioned for 8 hours and answered 50 times with either I don't know, I can't remember or not to my recollection. Still think she's doing a good job?

You say the media is trying to whitch hunt leading up to the elections yet the inquiry to the way she handled the Alex Salmond case was barely reported on. Especially by the press in Scotland, it seems like you'd get more truth from the CCP.

Everything you mentioned the SNP have done well is give away things for free. Clearly they are paying the bills for it somewhere

She is corrupt and its all coming out now but all the Sturgeon supporters just follow her blindly and bash everyone else claiming conspiracy theories or just being down to Westminster and the Torries

Excellently put....I agree with it all. Brilliant.

PS - she or the SNP will still get into government because they dislike the English basically - bit of jealousy I would suggest and they will vote blindly.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 08:20 - Mar 21 with 1369 viewsWatford_Ranger

Salmon v Sturgeon on 07:58 - Mar 21 by gazza1

PS - she or the SNP will still get into government because they dislike the English basically - bit of jealousy I would suggest and they will vote blindly.

Yeah the only reason the SNP might appeal to Scots more than the other parties is how jealous they are of how much better England is. Brilliant.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 16:41 - Mar 22 with 1208 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hamilton report says Nicola Sturgeon did not breach ministerial code
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon did not breach the ministerial code, according to an independent inquiry by Ireland's former chief prosecutor, James Hamilton.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Salmon v Sturgeon on 17:21 - Mar 22 with 1172 viewsCiderwithRsie

Salmon v Sturgeon on 07:58 - Mar 21 by gazza1

Personally I loathe all forms of nationalism which includes the SNP but "Scots will vote blindly" "because they dislike the English" is up there with "Leave voters are stupid/racist/etc etc"

If we think Scots basically hate the English then firstly we ought to ask why, because it didn't used to be like that, we used to be a country, and secondly we need to accept that the UK as such is f*cked. We are looking at an ever-shrinking nation with Scotland going at which point NI going is much more likely and even Wales starts to be questionable.

My homeland keeps getting pinned into an ever-smaller space.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 18:35 - Mar 22 with 1116 viewsloftboy

Anyone know why the Scottish parliament still flies the EU flag?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Salmon v Sturgeon on 18:45 - Mar 22 with 1098 viewsCiderwithRsie

Salmon v Sturgeon on 18:35 - Mar 22 by loftboy

Anyone know why the Scottish parliament still flies the EU flag?

God knows, but technically it isn't the EU flag, it's the European flag (which the EU flies for obvious reasons) which was created by and for the Council of Europe in 1955, two years before the Treaty of Rome created the Common Market and 38 years before the Maastricht Treaty created the EU.

The UK has been a member of the Council of Europe since 1949 and still is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Europe

(Learnt this from friend who saw it on holiday in Georgia a couple of years back and wondered WTF)
Salmon v Sturgeon on 19:14 - Mar 22 with 1056 viewsWatford_Ranger

Salmon v Sturgeon on 16:41 - Mar 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hamilton report says Nicola Sturgeon did not breach ministerial code
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon did not breach the ministerial code, according to an independent inquiry by Ireland's former chief prosecutor, James Hamilton.

Oh.

Hopefully actual breaches of the ministerial code can now be given half the scrutiny.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 20:57 - Mar 22 with 1003 viewsqpr85

Salmon v Sturgeon on 17:21 - Mar 22 by CiderwithRsie

Personally I loathe all forms of nationalism which includes the SNP but "Scots will vote blindly" "because they dislike the English" is up there with "Leave voters are stupid/racist/etc etc"

If we think Scots basically hate the English then firstly we ought to ask why, because it didn't used to be like that, we used to be a country, and secondly we need to accept that the UK as such is f*cked. We are looking at an ever-shrinking nation with Scotland going at which point NI going is much more likely and even Wales starts to be questionable.

My homeland keeps getting pinned into an ever-smaller space.

I actually said the SNP vote blindly and they do.

There are people that vote blindly to the SNP because they are anti English and there are the others who are anti Tory who have no one else to vote for.

I have family and friends who live in Scotland and they have seen the anti English wherever they go its a fact you have a high population of Scotland who hate the English and its not because the UK is f**ked up. The whole world seems to be that way due to the woke crowd.

The fact you can waive a national flag on the BBC but the moment you see a union flag they take the mic. They don't mention the fact Nicola is seen always with a Scottish flag with a EU flag to make sure that the EU knows Nicola "Stand with the EU" even though they won't be allowed in.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 21:42 - Mar 22 with 932 viewsCiderwithRsie

Salmon v Sturgeon on 20:57 - Mar 22 by qpr85

I actually said the SNP vote blindly and they do.

There are people that vote blindly to the SNP because they are anti English and there are the others who are anti Tory who have no one else to vote for.

I have family and friends who live in Scotland and they have seen the anti English wherever they go its a fact you have a high population of Scotland who hate the English and its not because the UK is f**ked up. The whole world seems to be that way due to the woke crowd.

The fact you can waive a national flag on the BBC but the moment you see a union flag they take the mic. They don't mention the fact Nicola is seen always with a Scottish flag with a EU flag to make sure that the EU knows Nicola "Stand with the EU" even though they won't be allowed in.

I should clarify.

If most people in Scotland hate the English then whatever the reason, right, wrong or just stupid, the UK is f*cked. Not f*cked up, just f*cked. It's supposed to be the United Kingdom of Great Britain so if one part of Great Britain hates the other then it ain't a United Kingdom. It's just over.

And if the main English response is "well the Scots are blindly anti-English" then right or wrong it's game over for changing their minds - for a start we're saying that we can't and secondly it sounds as though we don't like them either. We're at the seething resentment wondering what we ever saw in each other stage of divorce, not even trying to make it work.

How we got here is a different question but I think all of us are much more cynical about the British govt, the royal family, and politicians generally than we were 50 years ago, the difference is that in Scotland the SNP can say "yeh, we agree, that's because everything's run by the English". It's balls but so what?

Fact is there've been 16 General Elections in my lifetime. In 4 out the first 5 the winner in Scotland was the winner in the UK. In the next 11 it's only happened 3 times (the Blair years). That never happens to England, we always get what the majority of us vote for, for good or bad. We can't go around insisting on democracy and taking control and not see something's gonna give there.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 22:04 - Mar 22 with 911 viewsNorthantsHoop

Being heading on a journey to a break up of the UK and primarily Scottish independence for last 20 plus years, it is unstoppable. Once the Labour party lost their power base in Scotland, the end of the Union has accelerated. Just as big a problem for the UK government is trying to appease Northern England with the levelling up agenda. This policy will just lead to more disatisfaction and calls for extending powers to Regional government will also accelerate. To be honest who knows how all this will play out once we recover from the Covid pandemic.
Salmon v Sturgeon on 22:07 - Mar 22 with 898 viewskarl

Salmon v Sturgeon on 21:42 - Mar 22 by CiderwithRsie

I should clarify.

If most people in Scotland hate the English then whatever the reason, right, wrong or just stupid, the UK is f*cked. Not f*cked up, just f*cked. It's supposed to be the United Kingdom of Great Britain so if one part of Great Britain hates the other then it ain't a United Kingdom. It's just over.

And if the main English response is "well the Scots are blindly anti-English" then right or wrong it's game over for changing their minds - for a start we're saying that we can't and secondly it sounds as though we don't like them either. We're at the seething resentment wondering what we ever saw in each other stage of divorce, not even trying to make it work.

How we got here is a different question but I think all of us are much more cynical about the British govt, the royal family, and politicians generally than we were 50 years ago, the difference is that in Scotland the SNP can say "yeh, we agree, that's because everything's run by the English". It's balls but so what?

Fact is there've been 16 General Elections in my lifetime. In 4 out the first 5 the winner in Scotland was the winner in the UK. In the next 11 it's only happened 3 times (the Blair years). That never happens to England, we always get what the majority of us vote for, for good or bad. We can't go around insisting on democracy and taking control and not see something's gonna give there.

20/30 years ago anti English rhetoric was common and with me having what people think is an English accent I did experience it first hand, but it was talk/chatter, or whatever, they would insult you and be friendly straight away or certainly their mates would correct them, ironically at this time there was no appetite for independence, albeit it was developing.
Nowadays there's English people everywhere and part of most people's families to some extent, you very rarely get anything said outside of a sporting context, which is very much rabid anti English any National sports team. Of course now with this position is that there's a huge push for independence and the dislike (hatred too strong a word) is for Scots who vote for the Union.
I do think the anti English feelings are over played and there's more derogatory language used on this message board describing Scots than I see on similar Scottish ones describing the English, equally if anyone steps out of line they are corrected as well. I think some terminology can feel insulting and isn't intended but figure that works both ways, usually those using poor terminology for Scots are the ones who can be offended easiest as well.
In the sporting context, I can see that slowing down rapidly already as so many kids follow English teams so the concept of hatred is just not there, it's a sporting rivalry and since we're the huge underdogs, who were once the equal at least, it's obvious we're the most vocal about it. Pretty similar to the SW6 team in my opinion.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024