Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playoffs 19:37 - May 18 with 15869 viewsShun

Who are we having then? Blackpool currently in control at Oxford in the L1 playoffs, but in the ones that matter to us we have:

L2:
Newport v Forest Green tonight
Tranmere v Morecambe on Thursday

I'd really love Morecambe to do it but I do like our trips there. I think anyone but Tranmere really, purely because their fans have a bit of the ridiculousness about them. Although they'll probably be the strongest of the four next season.

NL:
With a few games still to go there are any number of permutations, but there will be 7 teams fighting for a place in League Two, and they could be any 7 from Sutton, Torquay, Stockport, Hartlepool, Wrexham, Notts Chalky, Chesterfield, Bromley, Halifax and Eastleigh.

It's looking like it'll probably be Sutton coming up automatically, and in the playoffs I'd love it if Halifax could do it but their wheels have come off a bit. Anyone but Stockport. Let their fans suffer a bit more. Wrexham would be nice.
Playoffs on 04:18 - May 24 with 2649 viewsrichfoad32

Steve Eyre-nage Borough
[Post edited 24 May 2021 6:22]
Playoffs on 08:50 - May 26 with 2278 viewsncfc_chalky

Last game of the season for the National League with five teams fighting it out for the two final spots in the play offs

Wrexham 67 points
Chesterfield 66
Eastleigh 66
Bromley 66
Halifax 65

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Playoffs on 09:56 - May 26 with 2220 viewsfinberty

Playoffs on 08:50 - May 26 by ncfc_chalky

Last game of the season for the National League with five teams fighting it out for the two final spots in the play offs

Wrexham 67 points
Chesterfield 66
Eastleigh 66
Bromley 66
Halifax 65

In that case, come on Halifax.

Don't want Chesterfield under any circumstances.

Wrexham will bring with it all the media attention, in which games Dale usually oblige by falling flat on their faces.
Playoffs on 11:07 - May 26 with 2181 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 09:56 - May 26 by finberty

In that case, come on Halifax.

Don't want Chesterfield under any circumstances.

Wrexham will bring with it all the media attention, in which games Dale usually oblige by falling flat on their faces.

Could you tell me what the history is with Chesterfield please?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Playoffs on 11:16 - May 26 with 2155 viewsfinberty

Playoffs on 11:07 - May 26 by James1980

Could you tell me what the history is with Chesterfield please?

Certainly.

During the first Parkin era, when we had a decent pair of strikers in Connor and Platt, Chesterfield were known to be hunting round rival teams' best players, unsettling them in the process, whilst at the same time it was alleged they were not paying promptly for the players they secured. I remember the reported overtures to Platt, for whom Dale had unusually paid a fee, as they had for Connor also.

Dale and Chesterfield were both vying for promotion at the time, and eventually Dale fell short in the final game of the season (away at Plymouth) thereby missing out on a play-off spot.

Chesterfield got promoted.
Playoffs on 11:35 - May 26 with 2138 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 11:16 - May 26 by finberty

Certainly.

During the first Parkin era, when we had a decent pair of strikers in Connor and Platt, Chesterfield were known to be hunting round rival teams' best players, unsettling them in the process, whilst at the same time it was alleged they were not paying promptly for the players they secured. I remember the reported overtures to Platt, for whom Dale had unusually paid a fee, as they had for Connor also.

Dale and Chesterfield were both vying for promotion at the time, and eventually Dale fell short in the final game of the season (away at Plymouth) thereby missing out on a play-off spot.

Thank you

Playoffs on 11:37 - May 26 with 2136 viewsfinberty

Playoffs on 11:35 - May 26 by James1980

Thank you

To be fair, James, I might be the only one to hold this particular grudge.

But I've never claimed to be normal.
Playoffs on 12:49 - May 26 with 2054 viewsEllDale

Playoffs on 11:16 - May 26 by finberty

Certainly.

A lot of people remember that Chesterfield more or less "cheated" their way to promotion with alleged under the counter payments to players.
Login to get fewer ads

Playoffs on 13:22 - May 26 with 2017 viewsncfc_chalky

James,if you want to be a true Daley then you must learn to hold a bitter grudge against other clubs no matter how small the reason especially if you think that Rochdale AFC has been cheated out of something

Playoffs on 13:31 - May 26 with 1997 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 13:22 - May 26 by ncfc_chalky

James,if you want to be a true Daley then you must learn to hold a bitter grudge against other clubs no matter how small the reason especially if you think that Rochdale AFC has been cheated out of something

Well in the end cheats don't prosper.

Playoffs on 13:34 - May 26 with 1991 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 13:31 - May 26 by James1980

You're getting there
[Post edited 26 May 2021 13:34]

Playoffs on 13:45 - May 26 with 1973 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 13:31 - May 26 by James1980

What's your opinion on the 2009/10 season and be very careful how you answer, one answer will upset one poster on here and the other will upset a lot of posters on here,are you going to be truthful or would you rather be welcomed to the clique

Playoffs on 13:54 - May 26 with 1955 viewsjudd

Playoffs on 13:45 - May 26 by ncfc_chalky

What's your opinion on the 2009/10 season and be very careful how you answer, one answer will upset one poster on here and the other will upset a lot of posters on here,are you going to be truthful or would you rather be welcomed to the clique

CHEATING BARSTARDDDDDDS

Poll: What is it to be then?

Playoffs on 14:04 - May 26 with 1948 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 13:54 - May 26 by judd

CHEATING BARSTARDDDDDDS

I think that there's still time for James to be saved from thinking that he's Lancastrian and start supporting Brighton or someone

Playoffs on 14:14 - May 26 with 1933 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 13:45 - May 26 by ncfc_chalky

I believe the correct response is 'Fook of Chalky'

Playoffs on 14:17 - May 26 with 1927 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 14:14 - May 26 by James1980

I believe the correct response is 'Fook of Chalky'

He's gone,nobody can help him now

Playoffs on 19:44 - May 26 with 1754 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 14:17 - May 26 by ncfc_chalky

He's gone,nobody can help him now

Chalky were you proud of the way your team achieved its 'success'?

Playoffs on 21:21 - May 26 with 1676 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 19:44 - May 26 by James1980

Chalky were you proud of the way your team achieved its 'success'?

I've loved supporting Notts over the past 40 years and it's been a real rollercoaster ride and I've only had two regrets following them,the first is that I've never and will never see Notts in a league above Forest,the second is the 2009/10 season,the trust didn't do what it was appointed to do,we had players like Lee Hughes play for us who only angered opposing fans when visiting The Lane and made leaving the ground a perilous journey at times,we almost went bust because of the fraud by Russell King but never the less it's a part of Notts history,it certainly was a very surreal time to witness but when we got crowned as champions the cracks was already starting to show and things was never the same again, dropping down into the National League has taught me that no club is big enough to be relegated but we have good owners right now and hopefully Notts will start a new chapter in their history,am I proud of Notts history then I would have to say yes...mostly

Playoffs on 23:33 - May 26 with 1605 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 21:21 - May 26 by ncfc_chalky

I've loved supporting Notts over the past 40 years and it's been a real rollercoaster ride and I've only had two regrets following them,the first is that I've never and will never see Notts in a league above Forest,the second is the 2009/10 season,the trust didn't do what it was appointed to do,we had players like Lee Hughes play for us who only angered opposing fans when visiting The Lane and made leaving the ground a perilous journey at times,we almost went bust because of the fraud by Russell King but never the less it's a part of Notts history,it certainly was a very surreal time to witness but when we got crowned as champions the cracks was already starting to show and things was never the same again, dropping down into the National League has taught me that no club is big enough to be relegated but we have good owners right now and hopefully Notts will start a new chapter in their history,am I proud of Notts history then I would have to say yes...mostly

But you aren't happy with the way Notts won the league 2 trophy?

Playoffs on 00:08 - May 27 with 1580 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 23:33 - May 26 by James1980

But you aren't happy with the way Notts won the league 2 trophy?

We didn't have the funds to buy the players that won the league,we thought that we had but it was all a lie,that's why I added 'mostly' to the end

Playoffs on 09:48 - May 27 with 1483 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 00:08 - May 27 by ncfc_chalky

We didn't have the funds to buy the players that won the league,we thought that we had but it was all a lie,that's why I added 'mostly' to the end

Well at least your 'ride' didn't end in total disaster, unlike another teams.

Playoffs on 14:52 - May 27 with 1374 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 09:48 - May 27 by James1980

Well at least your 'ride' didn't end in total disaster, unlike another teams.

It came very,very close though

Notts are the reason that clubs get points deductions if they go into administration due to having done it twice....that's something else to add to the (I hate Notts) list eh Judd,BDB,TVOS and co eh

Playoffs on 17:22 - May 27 with 1307 viewsblackdogblue

Playoffs on 14:52 - May 27 by ncfc_chalky

It came very,very close though

Notts are the reason that clubs get points deductions if they go into administration due to having done it twice....that's something else to add to the (I hate Notts) list eh Judd,BDB,TVOS and co eh

That’s not fair

I may have banter about you being in the shadow of the other side of the bridge but unfortunately (very)... my best mate is a Burnley Fan & rib him more than you honestly...

I have no true feelings either way on the history of NCFC, have only been to the ground once (& that was parking 30+ years ago when Man Utd played Forest in a cup match with mates...

NCFC are a lower league club who like what we have now to a degree have had some back room issues & I have always said you would be welcome for a beer in the Dog if it ever reopens again

But you have hurt my feelings now so James is right...

Fook off Chalky

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Playoffs on 11:33 - May 28 with 1181 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 17:22 - May 27 by blackdogblue

That’s not fair

I may have banter about you being in the shadow of the other side of the bridge but unfortunately (very)... my best mate is a Burnley Fan & rib him more than you honestly...

I have no true feelings either way on the history of NCFC, have only been to the ground once (& that was parking 30+ years ago when Man Utd played Forest in a cup match with mates...

NCFC are a lower league club who like what we have now to a degree have had some back room issues & I have always said you would be welcome for a beer in the Dog if it ever reopens again

But you have hurt my feelings now so James is right...

Fook off Chalky

That's a very generous offer of a meet up for a pint bd but it's very unlikely I would take you up on the offer as I very rarely meet posters from forums that I post on,as it's been mentioned before I once got as far as having a pint in The Cem and deliberated whether to announce my arrival (via Facebook) but backed out,I'm one of life's loners who gets embarrassed in new company so I end up just sitting there looking stupid

Playoffs on 16:27 - May 28 with 1098 viewsblackdogblue

Playoffs on 11:33 - May 28 by ncfc_chalky

That's a very generous offer of a meet up for a pint bd but it's very unlikely I would take you up on the offer as I very rarely meet posters from forums that I post on,as it's been mentioned before I once got as far as having a pint in The Cem and deliberated whether to announce my arrival (via Facebook) but backed out,I'm one of life's loners who gets embarrassed in new company so I end up just sitting there looking stupid

Que Sandyman ....

There are always plenty of tables to sit on your own in the Dog if it ever opens 😢

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024