Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playoffs 19:37 - May 18 with 15874 viewsShun

Who are we having then? Blackpool currently in control at Oxford in the L1 playoffs, but in the ones that matter to us we have:

L2:
Newport v Forest Green tonight
Tranmere v Morecambe on Thursday

I'd really love Morecambe to do it but I do like our trips there. I think anyone but Tranmere really, purely because their fans have a bit of the ridiculousness about them. Although they'll probably be the strongest of the four next season.

NL:
With a few games still to go there are any number of permutations, but there will be 7 teams fighting for a place in League Two, and they could be any 7 from Sutton, Torquay, Stockport, Hartlepool, Wrexham, Notts Chalky, Chesterfield, Bromley, Halifax and Eastleigh.

It's looking like it'll probably be Sutton coming up automatically, and in the playoffs I'd love it if Halifax could do it but their wheels have come off a bit. Anyone but Stockport. Let their fans suffer a bit more. Wrexham would be nice.
Playoffs on 16:54 - May 22 with 2251 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 16:33 - May 22 by TVOS1907

Which player(s) didn't sign for us due to a lack of training facilities?

I don't know, wasn't it said by our 'glorious leader' that we have missed out on players due to that factor though?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Playoffs on 17:09 - May 22 with 2212 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Scott Tanser wins a Scottish Cup Final winners medal today.....twas a good game too, these Jocks can put on a right show.
Playoffs on 17:29 - May 22 with 2152 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 17:09 - May 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Scott Tanser wins a Scottish Cup Final winners medal today.....twas a good game too, these Jocks can put on a right show.

Aye, look at all those competitive games Rangers had this season.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 17:31]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Playoffs on 17:32 - May 22 with 2140 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 16:54 - May 22 by James1980

I don't know, wasn't it said by our 'glorious leader' that we have missed out on players due to that factor though?

Not sure, but why mention it again today?

Playoffs on 17:53 - May 22 with 2086 viewsncfc_chalky

Notts won 3-0 today and on doing so cement their place in the playoffs,great atmosphere down at The Lane today and it felt good to be back and hopefully you Daley's will feel the same next season 😎

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Playoffs on 18:23 - May 22 with 2033 viewsblackdogblue

Playoffs on 17:53 - May 22 by ncfc_chalky

Notts won 3-0 today and on doing so cement their place in the playoffs,great atmosphere down at The Lane today and it felt good to be back and hopefully you Daley's will feel the same next season 😎

Well done to NCFC 👍👍

Will be keeping an eye on who beats u in the play offs 🤣

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Playoffs on 18:42 - May 22 with 2013 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 17:32 - May 22 by TVOS1907

Not sure, but why mention it again today?

I don't know.
Well done Chalky I would expect another team going up will be better for the clubs coffers though. What was the trip to see Chalky's lot like for an away day?

Playoffs on 19:04 - May 22 with 1968 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 18:42 - May 22 by James1980

I don't know.
Well done Chalky I would expect another team going up will be better for the clubs coffers though. What was the trip to see Chalky's lot like for an away day?

Yes you do.

It was a good away trip, especially when Nathan Stanton was winding-up the locals.

Login to get fewer ads

Playoffs on 19:35 - May 22 with 1910 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 19:04 - May 22 by TVOS1907

Yes you do.

It was a good away trip, especially when Nathan Stanton was winding-up the locals.

Was looking up which of the league 1 playoff teams have training grounds and saw it was all of them.
Perhaps if we had one the seasons of success would have been even better. And the seasons of struggle would have been less tortuous, but perhaps not.

I am sure Chalky wouldn't have got wound up he seems far too chilled. Total guess but I'd expect Stockport and Halifax would bring the biggest away followings to Spotland of the teams that could end up in the Playoffs. Of those left Torquay, Bromley and Eastleigh probably bring the smaller crowds, with the others bringing larger yet similar numbers

Playoffs on 19:50 - May 22 with 1893 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 19:35 - May 22 by James1980

Was looking up which of the league 1 playoff teams have training grounds and saw it was all of them.
Perhaps if we had one the seasons of success would have been even better. And the seasons of struggle would have been less tortuous, but perhaps not.

I am sure Chalky wouldn't have got wound up he seems far too chilled. Total guess but I'd expect Stockport and Halifax would bring the biggest away followings to Spotland of the teams that could end up in the Playoffs. Of those left Torquay, Bromley and Eastleigh probably bring the smaller crowds, with the others bringing larger yet similar numbers

Why were you looking up which League One teams had training grounds? Presumably it includes the three who finished below us.

Playoffs on 20:07 - May 22 with 1868 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 18:42 - May 22 by James1980

I don't know.

The ground is a 15 min stroll from the train station passing Hooters along the way,a lot of away fans head there but I've never been in so I don't know what the attraction is
We usually take a decent following to away grounds (for League Two anyhow) so Notts going up wouldn't be to bad should away fans be allowed back in

Playoffs on 20:16 - May 22 with 1840 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 19:50 - May 22 by TVOS1907

Why were you looking up which League One teams had training grounds? Presumably it includes the three who finished below us.

When Notts latest owners took over one of the main priorities that they mentioned was that we had to have our own training ground and took over Forests old training ground about a year ago

Playoffs on 14:39 - May 23 with 1623 viewsShun

Tranmere and Sutton confirmed for League Two next year.
Playoffs on 15:13 - May 23 with 1580 viewsSuddenLad

Mr. Palios must be delighted.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Playoffs on 18:31 - May 23 with 1462 viewsJames1980

Playoffs on 19:50 - May 22 by TVOS1907

I only looked at the ones in the playoffs. I was expecting at least one to not have their own dedicate facility. I don't have the time, intelligence, energy, research nous etc. To research into the link between success in the lower divisions and a club having its own training ground. I would expect there will be a correlation though. But I know correlation is not causation.

Anyway Sutton will be a handy away trip for me to get to hope it is a Saturday 3pm game.

Playoffs on 19:22 - May 23 with 1389 viewsseasidedale

I noticed that Kailum Higginbotham played for play off winners Kielty hearts today
Playoffs on 20:14 - May 23 with 1336 viewsJames1980

Looks like an entertaining game in the L2 playoff between Newport and Forest Green

Playoffs on 20:14 - May 23 with 1335 viewsSandyman

Plenty excitement at Forest Green.
Playoffs on 20:35 - May 23 with 1312 viewsncfc_chalky

Top notch game that could go either way

Playoffs on 21:38 - May 23 with 1252 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 14:39 - May 23 by Shun

Tranmere and Sutton confirmed for League Two next year.

Wonder if any other club has played teams who share their names with two former managers, like us with Barrow and Sutton?
[Post edited 23 May 2021 21:39]

Playoffs on 21:55 - May 23 with 1232 viewsD_Alien

Playoffs on 21:38 - May 23 by TVOS1907

Wonder if any other club has played teams who share their names with two former managers, like us with Barrow and Sutton?
[Post edited 23 May 2021 21:39]

Most teams have played Stoke. Oh....

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Playoffs on 22:02 - May 23 with 1214 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 21:55 - May 23 by D_Alien

Most teams have played Stoke. Oh....

Brian (Forest) Green?

Playoffs on 22:10 - May 23 with 1194 viewsD_Alien

Playoffs on 22:02 - May 23 by TVOS1907

Brian (Forest) Green?

Eddie Gray(s Athletic)

Playoffs on 22:11 - May 23 with 1182 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 22:10 - May 23 by D_Alien

Eddie Gray(s Athletic)

We haven't played them - yet!

Playoffs on 22:12 - May 23 with 1177 viewsD_Alien

Playoffs on 22:11 - May 23 by TVOS1907

We haven't played them - yet!

I've gone off message...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024