Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. 20:36 - Mar 19 with 26588 viewsqpr_1968

hope and pray for 3 points.
very optimistic 4-0 win, but will take anything that resembles a win.
can't have luton finishing above us.

hope dave webb has a good game.

a big good luck to our keeper.......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:41 - Mar 20 with 2051 viewsNed_Kennedys

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:35 - Mar 20 by Discodroids

Who at QPR gave the inspirational half time team talk today?, Leonard Cohen?...

Classic QPR. The Art Of Falling Apart. (Again).

Possibly the worst half time team talk ever delivered followed by a triple substitution that actually managed to make us less attacking.

Plot lost.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:44 - Mar 20 with 1992 views0hwestlondon

I know many of you are staunch Warburton fans. I used to be too. And I can handle down votes as I'm a grown adult who dosent need a safe space. But I fail to see how we progress further under him. To be fair he has done a good job, until now, but it looks like he has no new ideas now. Same old possession based football with no true pattern or shape to our play. Every opposition seems to have more energy than us. Shame Dean Smith went to Norwich take him in a heart beat over Warburton.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 1860 viewsDiscodroids

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:41 - Mar 20 by Ned_Kennedys

Possibly the worst half time team talk ever delivered followed by a triple substitution that actually managed to make us less attacking.

Plot lost.

Peterborough have turned us over like a spanish omelette 3 times this season. My Blood pressures higher than Tony Manero's after that Risible performance.

It's no good Ned me old mucker. No good at all.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:52 - Mar 20 with 1791 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I hope Sanderson never plays for us again. His half-arsed performance today was disgraceful.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:53 - Mar 20 with 1760 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:44 - Mar 20 by 0hwestlondon

I know many of you are staunch Warburton fans. I used to be too. And I can handle down votes as I'm a grown adult who dosent need a safe space. But I fail to see how we progress further under him. To be fair he has done a good job, until now, but it looks like he has no new ideas now. Same old possession based football with no true pattern or shape to our play. Every opposition seems to have more energy than us. Shame Dean Smith went to Norwich take him in a heart beat over Warburton.

"Same old possession based football with no true pattern or shape to our play."

That's the bit that concerns me; regardless of formation, tactics are based on the same principle of possession based football building slowly from the back. The opposition has discovered our kryptonite by pressing high and Warburton is yet to find answers.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:53 - Mar 20 with 1767 viewsonlyrinmoray

He’s done well at Norwich hasn’t he
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:55 - Mar 20 with 1742 viewsactonman

Why suffer the misery of losing in the play offs in a one game shoot out after all the hard work all season when we can drag it out over the course of 2 months , slowly put to death by most of the teams that will ironically likely be playing in a different leage next season !
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:57 - Mar 20 with 1701 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:41 - Mar 20 by Ned_Kennedys

Plot lost.

The triple substitution was a classic sign of desperation. Moreover, the subs themselves didn't make sense. Warburton withdrew our most effective midfielder in Amos for the cumbersome Hendrick and stuck with 1 up front by swapping Gray for Austin.

Given his track record Warburton's still got a lot of credit in the bank for me but some of the selections and substitutions since January have left me baffled.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:58 - Mar 20 with 1708 viewscarrotstick

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:48 - Mar 20 by Discodroids

Peterborough have turned us over like a spanish omelette 3 times this season. My Blood pressures higher than Tony Manero's after that Risible performance.

It's no good Ned me old mucker. No good at all.

MW & Eustace need sacking tonight, get a new manager in , they will have a few games to see who’s worth keeping and who ain’t before the new season starts, If we don’t do it now, we will in October when we are bottom of the table..
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:58 - Mar 20 with 1707 viewsDiscodroids

I've not been able to form a single spoken word since the final whistle.

It was like something from a David Cronenberg Film.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:03 - Mar 20 with 1607 viewsthemodfather

just back and one word SHAMEFUL. from the off which team looked like relegation fodder the other play offs? cos we were slow, woeful passing and they were at us. we scored and i was hoping, get a second settle the nerves cos the ref will be conned by them falling in the box and give a pen, later he did. not our goalies fault the goals, but the line up was not one many would pick. bar a few chair runs, little was created and the subs? well if the idea was to motivate fans, that was not it.
since BARNSLEY we have rarely looked the same team that went into that game, in form, scoring, settled , passing well, etc . to be so near and bow locks it, arghhh!!
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:04 - Mar 20 with 1578 viewsSK_hoops

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:44 - Mar 20 by 0hwestlondon

I think teams have just worked out how to play against us. I.e high press. Even then we were still passing it to players in the 6 yard box from goal kicks.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:05 - Mar 20 with 1572 views0hwestlondon

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:53 - Mar 20 by onlyrinmoray

He’s done well at Norwich hasn’t he

Proved himself a good manager at Walsall Brentford and Villa. Even Pep would have struggled at Norwich. But Norwich look better since he turned up and next season expect them to be one of the promotion favourites.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:07 - Mar 20 with 1530 viewsCamberleyR

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:58 - Mar 20 by carrotstick

MW & Eustace need sacking tonight, get a new manager in , they will have a few games to see who’s worth keeping and who ain’t before the new season starts, If we don’t do it now, we will in October when we are bottom of the table..

Knee jerk rubbish. Very easy to come out with sack the manager.

"Get a new manager in". Give an actual, credible suggestion for a replacement.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:21 - Mar 20 with 1371 views0hwestlondon

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:04 - Mar 20 by SK_hoops

I think teams have just worked out how to play against us. I.e high press. Even then we were still passing it to players in the 6 yard box from goal kicks.

That's the worry. If they have sussed us and he has no new ideas, then hard to see how we progress further under him.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:24 - Mar 20 with 1345 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:58 - Mar 20 by Discodroids

I've not been able to form a single spoken word since the final whistle.

It was like something from a David Cronenberg Film.

Some hideous synthesis of Falling, The Dead Zone and A Dangerous Method, perhaps? The difference being that Cronenberg's films are made with style, vision and panache.

Re the subs, Sinton got that much right at least - 'desperate measures'. Putting all three on at once after what happened at Forest beggared belief, even before we get onto the actual personnel changes. Remove your goal scorer and your one striker, and stick a shot veteran up top. Brilliant!

The apparently witless and ineffectual Banfield and Eustace should be called out, and probably hauled out, after that charade as well. Exactly how are they earning their money right now?

Right now, if one or two of Chair, Dickie, Dieng and Willock are sold in the summer, anything could happen next season. I'm wondering where and what our base is going to be, going forwards. All of the great work of 2021 is being undone in 2022, and the management team seem unable to do anything to stop it. That was truly abysmal against a side that's won once away from home all season in a must-win game, so either the players are incompetent, indifferent or both.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 15:26]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:25 - Mar 20 with 1346 views0hwestlondon

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 14:53 - Mar 20 by Benny_the_Ball

"Same old possession based football with no true pattern or shape to our play."

That's the bit that concerns me; regardless of formation, tactics are based on the same principle of possession based football building slowly from the back. The opposition has discovered our kryptonite by pressing high and Warburton is yet to find answers.

Yeah I agree. It's his job, which he is paid handsomely for to find a new and better way of playing. If he is incapable of doing that, then we have no choice but to make a change.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:26 - Mar 20 with 1331 viewsRs_Holy

I can’t wait for the visit of our friends from the South West of town…could be a cricket score
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:27 - Mar 20 with 1327 viewsEmpireStateRanger

The triple substitution stunk like a desperate gambler who is chasing after a couple of baffling losses and thinks “well f it I’ll just give it a go here and make it all up in one shot.”

But it seemed like he put zero thought into it. Austin Thomas and Hendrick were probably the three players closest to him when he made that decision.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:28 - Mar 20 with 1320 viewscarrotstick

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:07 - Mar 20 by CamberleyR

Knee jerk rubbish. Very easy to come out with sack the manager.

"Get a new manager in". Give an actual, credible suggestion for a replacement.

Take your pick, all available
Aitor Karanka
Alex McLeish
Andrea Pirlo
André Villas-Boas
Andriy Shevchenko
Billy Davies
Bruno Labbadia
Chris Beech
Claude Puel
Claudio Ranieri
Darren Ferguson
Diego Martínez
Ernesto Valverde
Eusebio Di Francesco
Fabio Cannavaro
Fatih Terim
Frank de Boer
Frankie McAvoy
Garry Monk
Gennaro Gattuso
Graham Westley
Gus Poyet
Hayden Mullins
Heiko Herrlich
Hernán Crespo
Ian Holloway
Jack Ross
Jaap Stam
James McPake
Joachim Löw
Jon Dahl Tomasson
Jonathan Woodgate
Jorge Jesus
Jürgen Klinsmann
Keith Millen
Kenny Jackett
Laurent Blanc
Lee Johnson
Luca Gotti
Lucien Favre
Mark van Bommel
Marko Nikolić
Markus Schopp
Martin Allen
Michel
Mick McCarthy
Neil Warnock
Nigel Adkins
Nigel Worthington
Niko Kovač
Nuno Espírito Santo
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Paco López
Paul Dickov
Paul Lambert
Paulo Fonseca
Pep Clotet
Phil Brown
Phillip Cocu
Quique Setién
Rafa Benitez
Roberto Di Matteo
Ronald Koeman
Rudi Garcia
Sabri Lamouchi
Sam Allardyce
Simon Grayson
SlaviÅ¡a Jokanović
Slaven Bilić
Sol Campbell
Stephen Glass
Steve Evans
Tommy Wright
Tony Pulis
Uwe Rösler
Valérien Ismaël
Veljko Paunović
Vladimir Ivić
Zinedine Zidane
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:36 - Mar 20 with 1280 views0hwestlondon

Brilliant just had a friend who is Brentford on the phone pissing himself laughing. Fecker been quiet up until last two weeks, when it looked like they couldn't buy a win, now full it. So I've got Covid, just watched that rubbish then have him taking the piss. What a fantastic day.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 1265 viewsnumptydumpty

Clearly massive losses Willock, Dykes and Dieng.

Massive balls up in first signing and then consistently playing Hendrick and Sanderson.

Austin is only effective in a two up top.

Weird protection of Amos and Dozell.

Worst ever triple substitution. Was clearly defensive issues but took of the in form Amos and inform Gray off.

Sanderson should have been hooked and along with Hendrick do not want to see either ever again in our squad, send them both back please.

Only good points - Give Thomas full game, Our replacement goalkeepers have all been decent, and Amos looks great.

It's strange because apart from the big losses in Willock Dykes and Dieng, there has been enough in this squad to compete.

Sadly also Ilias tries to win games on his own but without others being good enough or trying enough - he been very predictable.

I think all was well two months ago but Warburton s decisionsbalone seem to have gone very pear shaped.

It's come out of nowhere for me but Warburton has been the main offender and the disruption of the squad togetherness destroyed by the January Window.

As fantastic as last year's window was, this one has been on an equal level complete atrocious !!!!!

The pains of following the very often not so supa hoops !!!

It's the hope that kills you !!!!!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:49 - Mar 20 with 1181 viewsSK_hoops

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:28 - Mar 20 by carrotstick

Take your pick, all available
Aitor Karanka
Alex McLeish
Andrea Pirlo
André Villas-Boas
Andriy Shevchenko
Billy Davies
Bruno Labbadia
Chris Beech
Claude Puel
Claudio Ranieri
Darren Ferguson
Diego Martínez
Ernesto Valverde
Eusebio Di Francesco
Fabio Cannavaro
Fatih Terim
Frank de Boer
Frankie McAvoy
Garry Monk
Gennaro Gattuso
Graham Westley
Gus Poyet
Hayden Mullins
Heiko Herrlich
Hernán Crespo
Ian Holloway
Jack Ross
Jaap Stam
James McPake
Joachim Löw
Jon Dahl Tomasson
Jonathan Woodgate
Jorge Jesus
Jürgen Klinsmann
Keith Millen
Kenny Jackett
Laurent Blanc
Lee Johnson
Luca Gotti
Lucien Favre
Mark van Bommel
Marko Nikolić
Markus Schopp
Martin Allen
Michel
Mick McCarthy
Neil Warnock
Nigel Adkins
Nigel Worthington
Niko Kovač
Nuno Espírito Santo
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Paco López
Paul Dickov
Paul Lambert
Paulo Fonseca
Pep Clotet
Phil Brown
Phillip Cocu
Quique Setién
Rafa Benitez
Roberto Di Matteo
Ronald Koeman
Rudi Garcia
Sabri Lamouchi
Sam Allardyce
Simon Grayson
SlaviÅ¡a Jokanović
Slaven Bilić
Sol Campbell
Stephen Glass
Steve Evans
Tommy Wright
Tony Pulis
Uwe Rösler
Valérien Ismaël
Veljko Paunović
Vladimir Ivić
Zinedine Zidane

Get Zinedine Zidane in, he'll sort us out.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:51 - Mar 20 with 1161 viewsPaddyhoops

QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:24 - Mar 20 by stainrods_elbow

Some hideous synthesis of Falling, The Dead Zone and A Dangerous Method, perhaps? The difference being that Cronenberg's films are made with style, vision and panache.

Re the subs, Sinton got that much right at least - 'desperate measures'. Putting all three on at once after what happened at Forest beggared belief, even before we get onto the actual personnel changes. Remove your goal scorer and your one striker, and stick a shot veteran up top. Brilliant!

The apparently witless and ineffectual Banfield and Eustace should be called out, and probably hauled out, after that charade as well. Exactly how are they earning their money right now?

Right now, if one or two of Chair, Dickie, Dieng and Willock are sold in the summer, anything could happen next season. I'm wondering where and what our base is going to be, going forwards. All of the great work of 2021 is being undone in 2022, and the management team seem unable to do anything to stop it. That was truly abysmal against a side that's won once away from home all season in a must-win game, so either the players are incompetent, indifferent or both.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 15:26]

I think Dickie will be staying put. He's hardly pulled up any trees of late.
QPR vs PETERBOROUGH....MATCH THREAD. on 15:58 - Mar 20 with 1109 viewsHarbour

Bit baffled Barbet did not start. Johan send a miss..taking Amos and Grey off seemed strange Hendrix and Charlie did not offer much. Would have thought Sanderson could have gone off and Charlie come on to partner Grey with Amos and chair. Did not really offer anything after the subs. As has been said the Grey miss and Chair also had a good chance he pulled wide and then they punished us.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024