Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle at home Tuesday 02:30 - Mar 27 with 29787 viewsjokerthief

I think the turning point will come Tuesday night against Carlisle.
Luke Charman will start possibly with Andrews up front, we will attack them for sure.
R.S, has felt it important to defend, defend defend even at home lately.
But an attacking force will be unleashed against Carlisle I am sure.
Let the tide turn turn on Tuesday, there is no chance we will go down.
And lets hope Oldham can get above Stevenage, with Stockport coming into division 2.
Next year will be a very interesting and maybe lucrative season for the club.
Come on lets stay positive, the future will look bright after Tuesday.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 01:30 - Mar 30 with 3461 viewsSuddenLad

They had a quarter of the crowd, Dale had 100% of the points. Crowd numbers are meaningless. Points are everything.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 07:02 - Mar 30 with 3281 viewsDale_4_Life

A quarter of the crowd.... Ha ha ha

Much better from the Dale. Last night must now be the blueprint of how we try to play from this moment on. Commitment endeavour and prepared to put a shift in and put your body on the line. Put this v the dross of playing the ball continuously across the back line there is no contest.

Robbie now knows what suits... So do the players. Reverting back at any point would be a backward step. Let's have more of the same especially at home and not give opposition a minutes peace and no time or space to hurt us.

Up the Dale we are Not for Sale!
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 09:18 - Mar 30 with 2967 viewsDaleiLama

Up next ...............

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 09:35 - Mar 30 with 2889 viewsRAFCBLUE

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 09:18 - Mar 30 by DaleiLama

Up next ...............

Until Curran has done his face-to-face course with the FA, he won't be attending the #AndyCurranClassico or any other football for that matter.

FA have given him to 11th April based on recent news reports.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 9:41]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 09:49 - Mar 30 with 2834 views1907

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:45 - Mar 29 by kel

Great bravery by “millionaire” Stockdale tonight in changing things up and securing a vital win.

Wonder if we’ll have any 7-8am rants praising him tomorrow to balance out the “agenda” some have. Doubt it though.

Up The Dale.

Morning Kel! Sorry to disappoint... But here I am! Its cute to know you think of me late at night mind...

Anyway onto the fun stuff.

How bloody refreshing was last night! There was more effort, grit & determination on show for that 90 minutes than the previous 3 months combined. We've really not been asking for much, but in a nutshell last night was much more like it.

Why the hell did things have to get so bad, with the managers destiny very likely being decided by the outcome of last night, before we saw a real change of mentality & will.

Starting Cashman made us unpredictable - there was no way Carlisle's scouts would have thought he would start. How many times have we been unpredictable during this three month turgid spell? Cashman brings a bit of flair, skill, pace & endeavour, without the cowardice of Newby. I feel like this loan will be a feeling of what could of been looking back.

Dooley in the first half was excellent. Positive, forward thinking & dynamic. This first half performance was the sort of thing we all know he is capable of but just doesn't show it enough. Second half he faded slightly & then started with the daft sideways stuff, but we can forgive him for that for once.

The defence was excellent especially EOC & Dorsett (don't think I've ever seen a player improve as much in a season, what a warrior he has become).

Charman, Charman, Charman... Everything we want to see in a centre forward. Strength, pace, skill. He had a bloody tough night against two big centre halves but he did really, really well. The goals will certainly come for him. Campbell scored most of his goals coming in from the left for Woking, so it really begs the question why its taken so long for Charman to be almost forced into the starting line up? Strange.

The first 15 minutes I thought we were absolutely excellent, credit to RS for that.

What could we do differently? I thought Lynch's distribution was garbage throughout & Max Clarke has gone off the boil, especially with the quality of his crosses. If Downing & EOC are fit I'd be considering moving JK back there.

The big question now is can we do something we've not done really for years. Can we achieve some consistency & pick up two wins on the bounce?

Last night was a huge win, given the Oldham result. Looking at the remaining fixtures Oldham & Barrow have the most difficult, Stevenage's future is very much in their own hands given they play almost every team around them.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:19 - Mar 30 with 2761 viewskel

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 09:49 - Mar 30 by 1907

Morning Kel! Sorry to disappoint... But here I am! Its cute to know you think of me late at night mind...

Anyway onto the fun stuff.

How bloody refreshing was last night! There was more effort, grit & determination on show for that 90 minutes than the previous 3 months combined. We've really not been asking for much, but in a nutshell last night was much more like it.

Why the hell did things have to get so bad, with the managers destiny very likely being decided by the outcome of last night, before we saw a real change of mentality & will.

Starting Cashman made us unpredictable - there was no way Carlisle's scouts would have thought he would start. How many times have we been unpredictable during this three month turgid spell? Cashman brings a bit of flair, skill, pace & endeavour, without the cowardice of Newby. I feel like this loan will be a feeling of what could of been looking back.

Dooley in the first half was excellent. Positive, forward thinking & dynamic. This first half performance was the sort of thing we all know he is capable of but just doesn't show it enough. Second half he faded slightly & then started with the daft sideways stuff, but we can forgive him for that for once.

The defence was excellent especially EOC & Dorsett (don't think I've ever seen a player improve as much in a season, what a warrior he has become).

Charman, Charman, Charman... Everything we want to see in a centre forward. Strength, pace, skill. He had a bloody tough night against two big centre halves but he did really, really well. The goals will certainly come for him. Campbell scored most of his goals coming in from the left for Woking, so it really begs the question why its taken so long for Charman to be almost forced into the starting line up? Strange.

The first 15 minutes I thought we were absolutely excellent, credit to RS for that.

What could we do differently? I thought Lynch's distribution was garbage throughout & Max Clarke has gone off the boil, especially with the quality of his crosses. If Downing & EOC are fit I'd be considering moving JK back there.

The big question now is can we do something we've not done really for years. Can we achieve some consistency & pick up two wins on the bounce?

Last night was a huge win, given the Oldham result. Looking at the remaining fixtures Oldham & Barrow have the most difficult, Stevenage's future is very much in their own hands given they play almost every team around them.

“Cute”. To be fair I always remember the ones who take great joy in us not winning but you’ve been the more recent one. Not sure why the time of the day is relevant though. Looks like I’m not the only one who has noticed your constantly negative persona either. Your long winded post fools nobody, pumpkin.

While you’re hovering, please can you give us further details about how the manager is a millionaire (your words).

Bet you say you can’t be arsed wasting your time though. More utter shite. ❤️
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:22 - Mar 30 with 2750 viewsBucketBstard

Now thats more like it. :-)
Shoot and you will score...
Get in the box and a pen might come.
Liked the endeavour last night , still a few passengers and lightweights but I guess that maybe because they are not good enough for this level.
I still dont see this brilliant improving Dorsett I'm sorry, but I will take a 2-0 win any day of the week. He gives the ball away far too often, luckily there doesnt seem to be too much to worry about in this division.
Was so good to get one over Bitter Simmo LOL
Charman will be a good one once he settles in and the players around him see his runs.
Lets carry on saturday same again please.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:26 - Mar 30 with 2718 views1907

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:19 - Mar 30 by kel

“Cute”. To be fair I always remember the ones who take great joy in us not winning but you’ve been the more recent one. Not sure why the time of the day is relevant though. Looks like I’m not the only one who has noticed your constantly negative persona either. Your long winded post fools nobody, pumpkin.

While you’re hovering, please can you give us further details about how the manager is a millionaire (your words).

Bet you say you can’t be arsed wasting your time though. More utter shite. ❤️

There you go again getting all personal when replying to a post, purely about the football.

You're a very bitter person aren't you. Pumpkin.

Well I'd imagine being a professional footballer in the Premier League with Middlesbrough over a 7 year period would probably result in a fairly decent income wouldn't you? This was around the time Middlesbrough probably had their greatest era of success in the modern era & had some fairly big names playing for them.

Granted he was never a regular, he still was contracted to a Prem club & his income wouldn't have reduced with the loan spells out.

8 years then playing in the lower leagues, again I would imagine earning a fairly decent income of a couple of grand a week, coupled with 10 years of professional coaching...

I'd imagine he's earned over a million quid during this period, don't you?
Login to get fewer ads

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:31 - Mar 30 with 2685 viewskel

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:26 - Mar 30 by 1907

There you go again getting all personal when replying to a post, purely about the football.

Well I'd imagine being a professional footballer in the Premier League with Middlesbrough over a 7 year period would probably result in a fairly decent income wouldn't you? This was around the time Middlesbrough probably had their greatest era of success in the modern era & had some fairly big names playing for them.

Granted he was never a regular, he still was contracted to a Prem club & his income wouldn't have reduced with the loan spells out.

8 years then playing in the lower leagues, again I would imagine earning a fairly decent income of a couple of grand a week, coupled with 10 years of professional coaching...

Arf! I believe you got personal with the cute comment and thinking of you after a game was the first personal dig but if you want to have it, I’ll gladly let you.

You’d “imagine”

Cheers for clearing that one up then…
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:34 - Mar 30 with 2656 views1907

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:31 - Mar 30 by kel

Arf! I believe you got personal with the cute comment and thinking of you after a game was the first personal dig but if you want to have it, I’ll gladly let you.

You’d “imagine”

Cheers for clearing that one up then…

Predictable as always.

Next time you quote me - try & engage in a football discussion instead of trying to belittle, bully & intimidate.

Its getting a little tedious.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:48 - Mar 30 with 2599 viewsJames1980

Why does the personal wealth of our manager matter one jot? Is it to suggest he is so filthy rich he doesn't really care how well he does in his job? I'm sorry but I am struggling to see how it is relevant.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:52 - Mar 30 with 2585 viewsHullDale

One other thing that I'd totally forgotten about until I just watched the highlights.

Grant scores the (brilliant) second goal, wild celebrations everywhere. Seconds later as the noise dies down - 'bing bong... please will the driver of carlisle's team coach make his way to the vehicle?'

It couldn't have been timed any better, very funny!
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:56 - Mar 30 with 2549 views1907

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:48 - Mar 30 by James1980

Why does the personal wealth of our manager matter one jot? Is it to suggest he is so filthy rich he doesn't really care how well he does in his job? I'm sorry but I am struggling to see how it is relevant.

It doesn't. The comment was more in reference to the fact that the club is more important than the manager (who will live on without us) & sentiment shouldn't cloud our vision if there is a decision to be made. This was all in the aftermath of Saturday's horror show.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:59 - Mar 30 with 2526 viewskel

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:34 - Mar 30 by 1907

Predictable as always.

Next time you quote me - try & engage in a football discussion instead of trying to belittle, bully & intimidate.

Its getting a little tedious.

“Belittle, bully and intimidate”. Brilliant from the bloke who offered to “meet people in the flesh” just days ago. You clearly hate anyone challenging your opinion - but guess what - it’s an Internet forum. Don’t make veiled threats if you don’t want a response to them.

Keep marking down those posts though, it’s ace
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:01 - Mar 30 with 2517 viewskel

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:48 - Mar 30 by James1980

Just seen a post saying it doesn’t matter so quite bizarre why he mentioned it in the first place isn’t it? Talk about contradicting yourself.

He must know every purchase that RS has ever made to come to the conclusion he has. As usual, he’s full of shite.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:02 - Mar 30 with 2515 viewskel

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:56 - Mar 30 by 1907

It doesn't. The comment was more in reference to the fact that the club is more important than the manager (who will live on without us) & sentiment shouldn't cloud our vision if there is a decision to be made. This was all in the aftermath of Saturday's horror show.

If it doesn’t then why mention it?
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:03 - Mar 30 with 2515 viewsDaleiLama

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:52 - Mar 30 by HullDale

One other thing that I'd totally forgotten about until I just watched the highlights.

Grant scores the (brilliant) second goal, wild celebrations everywhere. Seconds later as the noise dies down - 'bing bong... please will the driver of carlisle's team coach make his way to the vehicle?'

It couldn't have been timed any better, very funny!

Simmo knicked Roger's Sunderland mug idea and the driver was selling them at the bus door?

[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 11:06]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:06 - Mar 30 with 2492 viewskel

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:26 - Mar 30 by 1907

“ There you go again getting all personal ”

Remind me again who has recently called people on here “gimps” and “pricks”

Tying yourself in knots again, sugarlump.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:12 - Mar 30 with 2471 viewsJames1980

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:56 - Mar 30 by 1907

Probably missing the point, I often do, but I'm sure those those saying RS in are not bothered about the Stockdale household's finances and are not saying RS in because they are worried about how he will pay his bills.

Anyway superb to have a home win under the lights. More of the same please.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:30 - Mar 30 with 2369 viewskel

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:12 - Mar 30 by James1980

Probably missing the point, I often do, but I'm sure those those saying RS in are not bothered about the Stockdale household's finances and are not saying RS in because they are worried about how he will pay his bills.

Anyway superb to have a home win under the lights. More of the same please.

All managers will “live on without us” but it’s clear a certain poster who accused other people on here of having agendas clearly has an agenda against RS. To mention his personal finances is just bizarre and goes way beyond assessing his ability as a football manager.

The double standards running through his posts this morning are staggering but, as always, he will know best.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:33 - Mar 30 with 2360 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Great & vital 3 points last night. Got to say though that Charman looked isolated up front for long periods of the game, esp 2nd half. We’ve got to get more support up to him, the poor lad looked absolutely shattered when he came off. Shame we won’t see Campbell playing off him for a while now, I’m not a fan of lone strikers (certainly not at our level), but think they would work well as a pair given the opportunity.
Work rate & pressing miles better all round, tough game v Swindon on Sat but at least we can go into that one with positivity.
Back the lads & let’s get over the safety threshold.
UTDNFS!!
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 13:42 - Mar 30 with 2032 viewssamueloneils

I remember Simpson many years ago scoring a fantastic winner away at Bristol Rovers when he caught the goalkeeper at the edge of his area and swerved the ball round him (not over him) into the empty net.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 15:13 - Mar 30 with 1806 viewsdingdangblue

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 13:42 - Mar 30 by samueloneils

I remember Simpson many years ago scoring a fantastic winner away at Bristol Rovers when he caught the goalkeeper at the edge of his area and swerved the ball round him (not over him) into the empty net.

The goal on his debut at Spotland is one of the best I've ever seen. Dipping volley from near the touchline over the Plymouth keepers head. Must've been at least 35 yards out.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 15:14 - Mar 30 with 1802 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:19 - Mar 30 with 1623 viewscumbria_dale

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 15:14 - Mar 30 by dingdangblue

Remember this game well. Romain Larrieu was immense for them all season - they only conceded 28 goals. The saves he pulled off here we was doing all season long for them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024