Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle at home Tuesday 02:30 - Mar 27 with 29788 viewsjokerthief

I think the turning point will come Tuesday night against Carlisle.
Luke Charman will start possibly with Andrews up front, we will attack them for sure.
R.S, has felt it important to defend, defend defend even at home lately.
But an attacking force will be unleashed against Carlisle I am sure.
Let the tide turn turn on Tuesday, there is no chance we will go down.
And lets hope Oldham can get above Stevenage, with Stockport coming into division 2.
Next year will be a very interesting and maybe lucrative season for the club.
Come on lets stay positive, the future will look bright after Tuesday.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:46 - Mar 30 with 3402 viewsEllDale

It doesn't feel almost exactly 20 years ago to the day.
Simpson was a quality player but disastrous to an extent as a player-manager although we did enjoy a decent cup run. League form was terrible after the first couple of months despite the fact he had been given a decent budget to sign the likes of Lee Hodges and Chris Beech.
It seemed like he wanted to take every free kick himself!
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 17:37 - Mar 30 with 3278 viewsAltDaleComms

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 08:50 - Mar 31 with 2684 viewsDale_4_Life

The alternative comms are hilarious... Who does them?.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 15:46 - Mar 31 with 2365 viewsDaleiLama

Good interview this - particularly pertaining to the psychology of it all and how players need fans as much as fans need players. I know it's been said before, but we're all in this together!

Up the Dale, not for sale

Edit: If Jim and Robbie cooked this up together, it was a clever piece of psychology in and of itself.
2nd edit: Hope RAFC3 listens in!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2022 15:54]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:26 - Mar 31 with 2263 viewsKnavesmireBob

Completely agree. The timing and content of this is surely no coincidence. And it's also one of the best player interviews I've ever had the pleasure to listen to.

Just like the Matty Done appreciation a few weeks ago, on a pure personality level Big Jim is right up there as one of my favourite all time players. And that interview suggests he's exactly the kind of modern day manager-in-waiting I expect young footballers will love playing for in time.

Hopefully Robbie will turn this ship around, lead us back to League One in the next couple of seasons, and then when he gets poached to a Championship club Big Jim will be ready to step into his shoes. There's increasing signs the last few days have seen precisely the sort of change we've all been wishing for. Good on everyone behind the scenes that's making that happen.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:37 - Mar 31 with 2206 viewsboromat

Completely agree great interview. Doesn't shy away from the issues but jumps on the positive result and runs with it. Backing for the manager and talk of looking to be much better next season. Exactly what you want.

Found his insights into Dorsett really interesting as well. Jim's obviously been working hard to get him to where he thinks he can be.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:38 - Mar 31 with 1773 viewsAltDaleComms

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 08:50 - Mar 31 by Dale_4_Life

The alternative comms are hilarious... Who does them?.

No idea
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:49 - Mar 31 with 1755 viewsRafc3

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 15:46 - Mar 31 by DaleiLama

Good interview this - particularly pertaining to the psychology of it all and how players need fans as much as fans need players. I know it's been said before, but we're all in this together!

Edit: If Jim and Robbie cooked this up together, it was a clever piece of psychology in and of itself.

Sorry it’s taken a few days I’m still not over that winning feeling finally. Only disappointment is Dorsett didn’t get man of match.

Poll: Stockdale: IN or OUT

Login to get fewer ads

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:51 - Mar 31 with 1606 viewsSuddenLad

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 15:46 - Mar 31 by DaleiLama

The stand-out phrase in there was when Jim was describing the manager by saying,

"He's a good man, trying to do good things"

Very well put, and a good insight to things behind the scenes.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:53 - Mar 31 with 1606 viewsmikehunt

I like Jim

And I hope the one or two on here that “don’t want him near our team” might view this and perhaps reconsider.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 5:29]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 00:00 - Apr 1 with 1599 viewsmikehunt

He was on about players getting stuck in a lot more in this game. Going in to tackles and winning the ball,
My favourite moment was just after Odoh had come on. Two of their players were converging on a ball during a spell of heavy pressure; Abe must have sprinted 15 yards to nick the ball from between the two and run it to safety. He had no right to win that ball.
It epitomised the spirit of the players in that game. Hope we can take it in to the next game but, as Jim said, this season has been so stop-start. We just can't string two decent games together. Let's see.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 06:45 - Apr 1 with 1492 viewsDale_4_Life

It's so important the template of last Tuesday is taken into the game tomorrow. Let's hope pissing about passing time and time again across the back line and O Connell playing quarter back is no longer our game plan.

I for one will dispair if we revert.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024