Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle at home Tuesday 02:30 - Mar 27 with 29763 viewsjokerthief

I think the turning point will come Tuesday night against Carlisle.
Luke Charman will start possibly with Andrews up front, we will attack them for sure.
R.S, has felt it important to defend, defend defend even at home lately.
But an attacking force will be unleashed against Carlisle I am sure.
Let the tide turn turn on Tuesday, there is no chance we will go down.
And lets hope Oldham can get above Stevenage, with Stockport coming into division 2.
Next year will be a very interesting and maybe lucrative season for the club.
Come on lets stay positive, the future will look bright after Tuesday.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:31 - Mar 29 with 3800 viewsjacko_dale

O'Connell off injured, replaced by McNulty. Hopefully not too serious.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:42 - Mar 29 with 3586 viewsIOMDale

Super, smashing, great.

Started off showing more aggression than the previous six or seven games combined and though we couldn’t maintain it (owing to Carlisle improving and ourselves tailing off), I’d say we did enough to win that. Robbie asked that the players roll their sleeves up and show him they’re up for the fight and they did - I’ve (deservedly) criticised them of late so it’s only fair to reserve praise for them tonight. Delighted for RS, that must feel like a huge weight lifted - especially with Oldham winning.

UTDNFS

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:43 - Mar 29 with 3566 viewsNigeriamark

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:31 - Mar 29 by jacko_dale

O'Connell off injured, replaced by McNulty. Hopefully not too serious.

Finished 2-0 & a much needed win. they edged the game over the 90 mins but for the first time in what seems like ages we were the team that put the ball in the net. Interesting game on Saturday between Stevenage and Oldham. Both on 34 points but Stevenage have a game in hand, Oldham the better GD
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:46 - Mar 29 with 3510 viewsboromat

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:42 - Mar 29 by IOMDale

Super, smashing, great.

Started off showing more aggression than the previous six or seven games combined and though we couldn’t maintain it (owing to Carlisle improving and ourselves tailing off), I’d say we did enough to win that. Robbie asked that the players roll their sleeves up and show him they’re up for the fight and they did - I’ve (deservedly) criticised them of late so it’s only fair to reserve praise for them tonight. Delighted for RS, that must feel like a huge weight lifted - especially with Oldham winning.

A much needed 3 points and hopefully a confidence booster.

Performance was just ok for me. Still a player or 2 being carried and another couple who were brilliant when we were brilliant but were poor for the rest of the match.

Got to take the positives out of that though and hopefully we can look to more positive line ups in the remaining games.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:46 - Mar 29 with 3517 viewsEllDale

Best result there would be a draw.
Don’t forget we go to Stevenage on Good Friday when they’ll be scrapping for everything.
Huge relief tonight.
Bet the dressing room and the manager’s office feel better places as well.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 21:57 - Mar 29 with 3334 views442Dale

Nowt wrong with that. Did the basics ok and won.

For now, that will do.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:02 - Mar 29 with 3289 views_Windydale

Never going to be pretty in such a pressure game.

A fantastic result to ease the pressure. Really pleased for Grant getting MOM, he had a good game but more importantly got more stuck into the defensive tackling.

Not a pretty performance mostly down to think protecting the one-nil lead and staying back and lofting the balls forward.

I saw what It meant to some of the players at the final whistle in particular Dooley. Who was
fist punching and showing emotion.

3 points towards safety.

I hope we can stick with the starting 11 for the next game.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:14 - Mar 29 with 3086 views49thseason

Excellent! The endeavour was apparent, the crowd got behind them and they backed each other up. You only get penalties by getting into the penalty area and tonight we did. No need to single anyone out for praise or criticism tonight this was a team effort with the emphasis on effort. Stockdale will sleep better tonight, they all will, well done lads! Take 2 days off and go again on Saturday, Winning is habit forming!
Login to get fewer ads

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:14 - Mar 29 with 3091 viewsdawlishdale

Excellent win, and a much improved team performance. The players really put a shift in tonight, and there was more emphasis on passing forward and pressing when no we didn't have the ball ; especially in the first half.

Looked a very soft penalty to me, but we were the better team until Carlisle pressed after half time.

Pleased for Grant, and he took his goal very well, but I was so happy with Dooley's overall performance tonight, and I'd go as far as to say that it was the best game I've seen him play for us.

Charman ran himself into the ground, and caused them no end of problems, whilst Grant & Kelly played their parts.

Hope EOC isn't seriously injured, as we would really miss him in the run in.

So pleased for everyone after that...players, Management, Directors and the long suffering fans.

Up the Dale Not For Sale.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:16 - Mar 29 with 3061 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The elusive victory at last!!! Well done Dale.......against top of the Form Table makes it that incy bit better.

Need to rest up and get ready for a tough game on Saturday.

Pity Latics matched us.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:24 - Mar 29 with 2971 viewsD_Alien

The injury to O'Connell is unfortunate, he was back to his best tonight and it looked like he'd tweaked the back of his upper thigh, difficult to tell if that's something he can shake off easily. Hopefully Downing will be ready to go again Saturday

Easily our most positive start to a game since Newport and thought we did enough to deserve the 2-0. As others have said, Lynch wasn't really extended - apart from when their player clattered him into the net - and he looked more than up for it with taking one of theirs by the scruff of the neck!

Everyone put in a shift, though thought Keohane struggled a bit on the right-hand side. My MoM - again - was Dorsett, another performance of power and solidity

Really pleased for Stockdale. Tonight showed he can motivate the players and he can do an interview if he wants
[Post edited 29 Mar 2022 22:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:36 - Mar 29 with 2856 viewsdingdangblue

100 % better that.
Just shows you what can be achieved with more effort and a bit more attacking belief.
Pleased for Grant - he was wonderful tonight - not just his goal but his workrate and skill was excellent. There really is a very good player in there if he was more consistent. Charman was tireless too - not sure why he's been held back for so long. Onwards and upwards - a very pleasing night.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:39 - Mar 29 with 2847 viewsjonahwhereru

With Grant, Kelly and Cashman all starting I feared the worst in a battle, but Much greater intensity, especially in the first half. Chairman was great as the first defender, and the midfield got stuck in resulting in Carlisle being knocked out of rhythm. Great penalty take, I like Kelly but didn’t fancy him to convert that.
Last ten minutes of the first half they started to win more second balls and we needed half time.
In the 2nd half we got glttery and started time wasting far to early. Was surprised that the subs weren’t used earlier. Personally I would have put Done on for Cashman earlier. But there again I admit to knowing bugger all. the second goal gave everybody a second wind to see things through.
The team displayed some craft and a lot of graft, and that is all I ask. If we remain unbeaten at home for the rest of the season, that will do it.
Happy.
UTDNFS
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:41 - Mar 29 with 2820 viewsoddjob007

Echo all the above.

More than anything it highlighted to me that, despite being probably one of the most talented players at the club, Newby needs to start showing some desire and grit, or he’ll find himself back playing part time football.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:45 - Mar 29 with 2752 viewskel

Great bravery by “millionaire” Stockdale tonight in changing things up and securing a vital win.

Wonder if we’ll have any 7-8am rants praising him tomorrow to balance out the “agenda” some have. Doubt it though.

Up The Dale.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:02 - Mar 29 with 2618 viewsDaleiLama

What a great feeling. Two goals and three points. Can only imagine how the players and management are feeling now. Tip of the cap to Robbie. Said very little pre-game, let his players do the talking and they rolled their sleeves up, as requested, and were a credit to him. One of the few times we performed up to our ability this season and it feels like we got a monkey off our back tonight. Two more home games to come and a chance to build on that now, with hopefully slightly less pressure on.

At the end of the season, it perhaps needs to be asked why now and why so long to get to that win, but in the short term the focus should be on Swindon and nothing else. Let's go for it again on Saturday, play the ball forwards with conviction and battle for everything. Quick, direct and decisive and more good things will surely follow.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:08 - Mar 29 with 2555 viewsR17ALE

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 22:45 - Mar 29 by kel

Great bravery by “millionaire” Stockdale tonight in changing things up and securing a vital win.

Wonder if we’ll have any 7-8am rants praising him tomorrow to balance out the “agenda” some have. Doubt it though.

Up The Dale.

Much better tonight. We said after 5 minutes they were showing more urgency in their play and more desire.

Football on the front foot rather than the back one is miles better and tonight proved it.

I'm disappointed 1907 hasn't been on to celebrate the win. Even Yorkshire Dale has acknowledged the win which is a miracle in itself. But those who give brickbats in defeats and remain silent in victory are tvvats.

I'm not happy overall with the team but they put a shift in tonight.

And we won!

It's an unusual feeling to watch th'lights without worrying about defensive shite!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/12

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:13 - Mar 29 with 2524 viewsDaleiLama

In response to the OP "the future will look bright after Tuesday" ........ I'm not sure we're quite there yet, but it does look a lot less gloomy.

Up the Dale, not for sale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:25 - Mar 29 with 2453 viewsHullDale

I'd forgotten quite how much Simpson doesn't like Rochdale... didn't he make a comment a while ago about how much he enjoys scoring against us / beating us?

Couldn't resist a couple of digs in his post match interview:

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:26 - Mar 29 with 2444 viewsHullDale

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:31 - Mar 29 with 2403 viewsHullDale

Much better tonight, not the finished article but much much better.

The question will always be why its taken us so long to get back to attempting this style of play again, but the time for post mortems will be at the end of the season... I remarked a few weeks ago that, despite feeling closer to the club than I have for a long time, it wasn't a team that was easy to love. Tonight at least showed passion, fight and desire from 14 players we can all get behind for the last 7 games.

Oldham winning is sods law, & they exorcised the ghost of their last minute loss on Sat with a 95th minute goal tonight, but we remain 9 points clear with one less game to play.

I just want to see a team that cares, wants to win, and puts their all into a match on behalf of themselves and the fans - tonight we got that. It might not always be pretty, but if we maintain that performance and intensity over the next few weeks I'll have more confidence we'll survive and be ready to really prepare for next season.

One final word for Charman... how nice is it to have a proper no.9?! You can see what he brings, and it could work very well with Campbell's style too next season.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:44 - Mar 29 with 2303 views_Windydale

Great goal by grant, I like the way he handed off the defender rugby style to create himself space and time for a great shot at goal!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12577901/rochdale-2-0-carl
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:48 - Mar 29 with 2279 viewsAlan_ADale

floodlights still on at spotland. something wrong? Will ciat the club a bomb in electric.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 00:04 - Mar 30 with 2240 viewsnordenblue

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:25 - Mar 29 by HullDale

I'd forgotten quite how much Simpson doesn't like Rochdale... didn't he make a comment a while ago about how much he enjoys scoring against us / beating us?

Couldn't resist a couple of digs in his post match interview:

A great cure for insomnia that fella, always massively disliked him since his celebrations up at Carlisle against us years ago and watching that just confirms it.... unlucky Paul
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 00:23 - Mar 30 with 2211 viewsSandyman

jacko, above, mentioned the link between the game we had with them up there. Thought the same. That night, we spurned chances and made mistakes against a very poor team who showed the desire we didn't. They won the tackles, we hardly made any and lost the ball in challenges left, right and charlie.

Tonight, we showed more desire, we tackled, resisted challenges played the ball far better against a poor team and won. The stuff we've been screaming for for weeks. This squad can win those sort of matches. As can this manager. Shame it has took so long to get the message through but tonight, this team showed they can stay up. Well fookin done!!

Not arsed by a word Simpson says. Couldn't wait to fook Carlisle off for a better offer a few years ago, could you Paul? He was one of the best players but worst managers I've seen here. He's down there with Barrow and Eyre in the modern era where management is concerned. He was bitter and pisspoor while here as manager. I'm still bitter about it as well. Hope he heard the nostalgic "Simpson Out" chants towards the end. Honours even in the bitterness stakes, but we won tonight, sucker.
A "quarter of the crowd" = 0 points. Get over it, you lost.

#UTDNFS
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 0:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024