Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle at home Tuesday 02:30 - Mar 27 with 29801 viewsjokerthief

I think the turning point will come Tuesday night against Carlisle.
Luke Charman will start possibly with Andrews up front, we will attack them for sure.
R.S, has felt it important to defend, defend defend even at home lately.
But an attacking force will be unleashed against Carlisle I am sure.
Let the tide turn turn on Tuesday, there is no chance we will go down.
And lets hope Oldham can get above Stevenage, with Stockport coming into division 2.
Next year will be a very interesting and maybe lucrative season for the club.
Come on lets stay positive, the future will look bright after Tuesday.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:13 - Mar 28 with 4594 views49thseason

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:21 - Mar 28 by dawlishdale

Make no mistake about it. Tomorrow is a huge game for us.

Another loss and I think the Board will act in removing Stockdale. I'm afraid it isn't working, and, much as I like the guy, he has either assembled a very very poor squad, or the players are not performing to their ability.

The Board has to look at themselves as well, as the January decision to sell Beesley & Morley has proved to be a disaster.

I really want Stockdale to be a success here, but in the last three months, it's been horrible to watch.

The Stockdale appointment was announced on the 10th of July, the first game was Harrogate on the 7th August. That the bloke managed to put a squad together at all in a month was a minor miracle, add in the outgoing players, the lack of any sort of meaningful pre season and here we are. you may think he has assembled a poor squad, but unless you take into account the circumstances of its assembly you are not being fair. Did you think the January business was poor? Equally you could argue that Murphy and Bottom should share much of the blame for leaving the club in such a parlous state regarding players and contracts, but then they were deliberately putting together a non-league outfit and very nearly succeeded....
Still, I suppose this is water under the bridge, we are where we are, there isnt much we can change at this point. Who would come in to manage the team for the remaining games except perhaps someone already at the club? And where will the money to pay off Stockdale and his management team come from? ....Next seasons budgets!
This season will just have to play out and hopefully we get to go again next season with a better team that gets a proper pre-eason, wins at home and with a wiser and more experienced BoD and Manager.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 14:40 - Mar 28 with 4345 viewsDaleiLama

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 07:07 - Mar 27 by D_Alien

Some positivity really would help, and there's something of a 'last chance saloon' about the Carlisle game

I'd urge Dale fans to get themselves up to the COA if they possibly can. Yes, its been a dire watch for quite a while but a good show of support to try and boost the team would be welcome

If the team are unable to respond, or continue faffing about, the atmosphere could change and that's how it goes in football. Robbie knows that, but let's at least try to start the game on an upbeat note

[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 7:08]

I confess that after watching Saturday's game I was considering giving tomorrow a swerve. I can't watch RS's press conferences anymore - not because they are full of delusional BS like BBM's were, but because regardless of what he says, little ever changes, so there's not really much point. Then I discovered Campbell and Ball were out - gutted.

Had time to reflect since, however, and will plonk myself in my usual spot in the hope that in this 12 day stretch of 3 home games, Robbie somehow finds a way to keep his promise - “we want to be really positive and we want to be an attacking team with high energy that supporters enjoy coming to watch”. That must at least involve starting Luke every game if fit.

If we can't even get close to that mandate above, then ultimately, I'm afraid it might well be more than the atmosphere that's going to change, along with a large proportion of the current lacklustre squad.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:06 - Mar 28 with 4217 viewsrichfoad32

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:21 - Mar 28 by dawlishdale

Make no mistake about it. Tomorrow is a huge game for us.

Another loss and I think the Board will act in removing Stockdale. I'm afraid it isn't working, and, much as I like the guy, he has either assembled a very very poor squad, or the players are not performing to their ability.

The Board has to look at themselves as well, as the January decision to sell Beesley & Morley has proved to be a disaster.

I really want Stockdale to be a success here, but in the last three months, it's been horrible to watch.

Maybe Beesley and Morley wanted to move on and we didn't want to stand in their way?
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:17 - Mar 28 with 4180 viewsNewbury_Dale

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:06 - Mar 28 by richfoad32

Maybe Beesley and Morley wanted to move on and we didn't want to stand in their way?

Maybe its time to start standing in players' way or else the player goes onto better things and we end up in the Conference ?
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:26 - Mar 28 with 4130 viewsrichfoad32

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:17 - Mar 28 by Newbury_Dale

Maybe its time to start standing in players' way or else the player goes onto better things and we end up in the Conference ?

Fair enough. But is it ethical to attract players to Dale with the promise that we'll let them go should they desire to move on and then renege on it? Guess that's one for the board and how they want to do business.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:40 - Mar 28 with 4098 viewsHullDale

Possibly the shortest pre-match interview in history.

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:44 - Mar 28 with 4071 views49thseason

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:26 - Mar 28 by richfoad32

Fair enough. But is it ethical to attract players to Dale with the promise that we'll let them go should they desire to move on and then renege on it? Guess that's one for the board and how they want to do business.

Its certainly ethical if the club has invested time and expertise in developing a player to try and disuade him from leaving, but... Once a player has decided to move on, he can make himself unselectable if a club attempts to put barriers in his way.
Maybe the add-on elements in contracts can be tweaked to reflect additional values but clubs at our level simply do not have the financial power to offer a player more money to stay compared with clubs say at Championship levels.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:50 - Mar 28 with 4055 viewsDaleiLama

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:40 - Mar 28 by HullDale

He could have made it shorter; "my players are going to come out and do the talking for me". Challenge them.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:51 - Mar 28 with 4048 viewsboromat

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:40 - Mar 28 by HullDale

Good hopefully the talking will be done on the pitch!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 19:37 - Mar 28 with 3750 viewsNigeriamark

I think there is a difference between the 2 players. Morley had put in a good number of years for us & was entitled to move on to better things. Beesley was only with us for 18 months. We pulled him out of non league & he had been improving month by month. I think we would have been entitled to keep him this season & into next season. I also don't think he would have thrown his toys out of the pram if we had done that because he would have known that continuing that progression would have made him even more valuable. I'm sure it would have been better for his career than the bench warming he is doing at the moment. He wasn't Championship levell when he left
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 19:48 - Mar 28 with 3709 viewsboromat

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 19:37 - Mar 28 by Nigeriamark

I think there is a difference between the 2 players. Morley had put in a good number of years for us & was entitled to move on to better things. Beesley was only with us for 18 months. We pulled him out of non league & he had been improving month by month. I think we would have been entitled to keep him this season & into next season. I also don't think he would have thrown his toys out of the pram if we had done that because he would have known that continuing that progression would have made him even more valuable. I'm sure it would have been better for his career than the bench warming he is doing at the moment. He wasn't Championship levell when he left

Beesley is a few years older though and may have seen it as either his last chance or a last opportunity for another stepping stone to something higher again. Not that I think he'll play higher than the championship.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 23:21 - Mar 28 with 3376 viewsnordenblue

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 19:48 - Mar 28 by boromat

Beesley is a few years older though and may have seen it as either his last chance or a last opportunity for another stepping stone to something higher again. Not that I think he'll play higher than the championship.

Hes struggling to play at that level just yet....
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 02:25 - Mar 29 with 3261 viewsAtThePeake

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:13 - Mar 28 by 49thseason

The Stockdale appointment was announced on the 10th of July, the first game was Harrogate on the 7th August. That the bloke managed to put a squad together at all in a month was a minor miracle, add in the outgoing players, the lack of any sort of meaningful pre season and here we are. you may think he has assembled a poor squad, but unless you take into account the circumstances of its assembly you are not being fair. Did you think the January business was poor? Equally you could argue that Murphy and Bottom should share much of the blame for leaving the club in such a parlous state regarding players and contracts, but then they were deliberately putting together a non-league outfit and very nearly succeeded....
Still, I suppose this is water under the bridge, we are where we are, there isnt much we can change at this point. Who would come in to manage the team for the remaining games except perhaps someone already at the club? And where will the money to pay off Stockdale and his management team come from? ....Next seasons budgets!
This season will just have to play out and hopefully we get to go again next season with a better team that gets a proper pre-eason, wins at home and with a wiser and more experienced BoD and Manager.

It would be some non-league side that had Humphrys, Beesley, Lund, McShane, McLaughlin, Rathbone and O'Connell in it! And that's without mentioning loanees like Sanchez & Osho.

Not a BBM defender, and wanted him to leave much earlier than he eventually did, but I do think there's still a lack of perspective around his spell. For all of the mitigating circumstances that must be taken into account regarding Stockdale's reign, let's not forget that BBM was managing us against much more difficult opposition, during the height of the pandemic, with that board of the time running the show (admittedly to his benefit in one major instance but who knows what else he had to deal with behind the scenes while they were in charge).

He, like Stockdale, also had to deal with key players leaving like Camps and Henderson, who for me felt more integral at that time than Morley & Beesley did in January.

No manager is going to have it easy at Dale. Stockdale's been dealt a worse hand than most, but every manager we've ever criticised will have had to deal with difficult circumstances at Dale. It's the nature of the job.

Tangled up in blue.

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 02:28 - Mar 29 with 3261 viewsAtThePeake

Not only that, players and agents will quickly start to see through those kinds of promises if the club are obviously not following through on them with other players.

Tangled up in blue.

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 09:48 - Mar 29 with 2955 viewsDale2017

I find it quite interesting as of this post we've had no lengthy prematch interview on YouTube with RS and the text interview on the official site was short and sweet
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 09:58 - Mar 29 with 2917 viewsdingdangblue

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 02:25 - Mar 29 by AtThePeake

It would be some non-league side that had Humphrys, Beesley, Lund, McShane, McLaughlin, Rathbone and O'Connell in it! And that's without mentioning loanees like Sanchez & Osho.

Not a BBM defender, and wanted him to leave much earlier than he eventually did, but I do think there's still a lack of perspective around his spell. For all of the mitigating circumstances that must be taken into account regarding Stockdale's reign, let's not forget that BBM was managing us against much more difficult opposition, during the height of the pandemic, with that board of the time running the show (admittedly to his benefit in one major instance but who knows what else he had to deal with behind the scenes while they were in charge).

He, like Stockdale, also had to deal with key players leaving like Camps and Henderson, who for me felt more integral at that time than Morley & Beesley did in January.

No manager is going to have it easy at Dale. Stockdale's been dealt a worse hand than most, but every manager we've ever criticised will have had to deal with difficult circumstances at Dale. It's the nature of the job.

It certainly wasn't a non league squad last season. We messed up with Bazunu in goals who was just too inexperienced and we should have signed a left back. For all last seasons faults we ended up relegated by 1 point! Had Humphrys and Beesley not had so many injuries and had played as a pair most of the season we would have been safe. Even with those injuries we threw away victories against Peterborough h and Wimbledon a with the last kicks of the game.
This squad is nowhere near that standard. I don't honestly know where our next goal is coming from - we aren't creating enough and our corners/set pieces are woeful. If we can somehow get through this season and start with a clean slate in lge 2 next season I'd be happy - I am seriously worried though about these last 8 games.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2022 9:59]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:18 - Mar 29 with 2864 viewsHullDale

Tonight's fixtures:

The table:

& form table:

Hopefully Orient will be at it, as win puts them 18 points ahead of Oldham with 21 to play for, so virtually safe from relegation. Flip side of that is an Orient win and a Carlisle win puts Carlisle virtually safe to. Looking at the form table (despite how poor Carlisle looked when we went up there) suggests we'll need to be all over it tonight to get anything.

I seem to remember an interview with Simpson when he want back, where he said he hadn't had time to do anything really tactical, but drilled it into the players about effort, energy, desire & commitment. That is exactly what we need to see this evening.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:27 - Mar 29 with 2834 viewsdingdangblue

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:18 - Mar 29 by HullDale

Tonight's fixtures:

The table:

& form table:

Hopefully Orient will be at it, as win puts them 18 points ahead of Oldham with 21 to play for, so virtually safe from relegation. Flip side of that is an Orient win and a Carlisle win puts Carlisle virtually safe to. Looking at the form table (despite how poor Carlisle looked when we went up there) suggests we'll need to be all over it tonight to get anything.

I seem to remember an interview with Simpson when he want back, where he said he hadn't had time to do anything really tactical, but drilled it into the players about effort, energy, desire & commitment. That is exactly what we need to see this evening.

And if the opposition keeper drops the ball for the crucial opening goal - that's always helps.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:54 - Mar 29 with 2764 viewsD_Alien

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 09:48 - Mar 29 by Dale2017

I find it quite interesting as of this post we've had no lengthy prematch interview on YouTube with RS and the text interview on the official site was short and sweet

I find it a welcome relief, and suggested the constant media output was becoming tiresome last week

Was notice taken? Doubt it - far more likely the same feeling had been arrived at within the club. I've absolutely no doubt RS will see it as a blessing

Short and sweet, post-match, is more than enough and not after every match. Other info such as injury news can be communicated (and should be) through an article on the OS which is what's happened this week. The balance just feels better to me now; others may feel differently

[Post edited 29 Mar 2022 10:56]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:58 - Mar 29 with 2747 viewsNigeriamark

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:18 - Mar 29 by HullDale

Tonight's fixtures:

The table:

& form table:

Even if Oldham average 1.5 points per game they only get to 43, and there has been nothing to suggest they will do that. There is even reasonable chance that the bottom 2 could both end up with less than 40 points. Doesn't take away from the fact that we need some entertainment and points, but I would say that's for our sanity and to preserve crowds rather than a relegation threat
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:02 - Mar 29 with 2739 viewsHullDale

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:58 - Mar 29 by Nigeriamark

Even if Oldham average 1.5 points per game they only get to 43, and there has been nothing to suggest they will do that. There is even reasonable chance that the bottom 2 could both end up with less than 40 points. Doesn't take away from the fact that we need some entertainment and points, but I would say that's for our sanity and to preserve crowds rather than a relegation threat

Fair points.

If it wasn't for Carlisle selling so many tickets (I think around 600?) we'd probably be facing our lowest crowd of the season tonight.

Poor form, poor performances, before payday for lots and England are on the telly.

Not sure if the smaller crowd will remove some pressure for whichever 11 Stockdale picks, or whether it becomes easier to hear the frustrated / angry voices. A poster from Carlisle (griff I think?) mentioned somewhere they are expected to go at us early and turn the crowd... if we take the same approach, it should make for a more open game which may hopefully suit us.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:10 - Mar 29 with 2718 viewsBucketBstard

Crucial game tonight. The players should be up for it , even on a personal level, surely pride is involved.
Whoever he puts on that pitch I hope I see a winning attitude , a desire to be first to the ball, a willingness to push forward and create space for your teammates . A shot at every opportunity , you never know your luck.
Come on lads please give us something to cheer and maybe cling to for next season?
I feel for RS , not sure if he's a poor manager or just dealt an awful set of cards at the beginning. I like many would love him to succeed.
Lets ave it tonight !!!
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 12:13 - Mar 29 with 2515 viewsdingdangblue

I'd rather go for it than be bored to tears with Dooley and Broadbent in midfield again.
My team for what it's worth.
Lynch
Downing O'Connell Dorsett
O'Keefe Keohane Kelly Clarke
Grant
Andrews Charman

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 13:13 - Mar 29 with 2297 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:10 - Mar 29 by BucketBstard

Crucial game tonight. The players should be up for it , even on a personal level, surely pride is involved.
Whoever he puts on that pitch I hope I see a winning attitude , a desire to be first to the ball, a willingness to push forward and create space for your teammates . A shot at every opportunity , you never know your luck.
Come on lads please give us something to cheer and maybe cling to for next season?
I feel for RS , not sure if he's a poor manager or just dealt an awful set of cards at the beginning. I like many would love him to succeed.
Lets ave it tonight !!!

Concur with your comments here BB, but still think some of our players don't give a toss. I'm thinking of ducking challenges and half hearted tackles, we've seen it all lately.

Simmo will have his lot pumped up and will love to get a double over our shower at San Spotty.

Let's get stuck in, don't concede silly free kicks and when
the opposition go to take a quick throw- in stay awake and face them. All simple stuff really.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 13:15 - Mar 29 with 2292 viewsJames1980

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 12:13 - Mar 29 by dingdangblue

I'd rather go for it than be bored to tears with Dooley and Broadbent in midfield again.
My team for what it's worth.
Lynch
Downing O'Connell Dorsett
O'Keefe Keohane Kelly Clarke
Grant
Andrews Charman

Should Stockdale try and get a large section of the fanbase back on board by lining up with 4 at the back?
Perhaps lining up as follows.
Andrews Charman
Kelly
Done O'Keefe
O'Connell
Clarke Dorsett Downing Keohane

Alternatively 4 5 1 but not sure Andrews or Charman can play the loan striker role

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024