Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? 22:26 - Jul 5 with 6453 viewsKeithHaynes

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 10:59 - Jul 7 with 1415 viewspencoedjack

Big YES from me a very good footballer.

I’d make him captain as well.
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 11:13 - Jul 7 with 1383 viewsonehunglow

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 10:59 - Jul 7 by pencoedjack

Big YES from me a very good footballer.

I’d make him captain as well.

If he is going to come and replace a lad 10 years younger,then I too would make him captain.
I cannot believe Grime would keep it .

There again.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 12:07 - Jul 7 with 1325 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 13:35 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

I think we're overstocked even if Downes goes and even with Walsh's injury.

Grimes, Fulton, Ntcham, Williams on the books. May not be the perfect group for the preferred system, but beggars can't be shoppers.

I would like to see Ntcham playing in the middle rather than stuck out wide as he often has been. Not sure he has the engine though.
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 12:51 - Jul 7 with 1277 viewsjasper_T

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 12:07 - Jul 7 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I would like to see Ntcham playing in the middle rather than stuck out wide as he often has been. Not sure he has the engine though.

Certainly not got the engine to play wingback.
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 13:10 - Jul 7 with 1238 viewsOptimisticJack

If Joe's wages are within our wage structure then its a no brainer for me.
We have him on a free and Joe should have at least 3 years left in him.
Make him captain and give Matt Grimes a free reign to express himself in the team.
A win win for everyone.

Optimisticjack

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 13:28 - Jul 7 with 1216 viewsjasper_T

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 13:10 - Jul 7 by OptimisticJack

If Joe's wages are within our wage structure then its a no brainer for me.
We have him on a free and Joe should have at least 3 years left in him.
Make him captain and give Matt Grimes a free reign to express himself in the team.
A win win for everyone.

I don't know how some people have watched Matt Grimes play for four seasons and think he's a "free reign to express himself" player.
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 14:27 - Jul 7 with 1145 viewsWhiterockin

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/joe-allen-travelling-

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 14:37 - Jul 7 with 1137 viewsReslovenSwan1

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 14:48 - Jul 6 by onehunglow

Thanks but I don’t really educating thus.

You are making assumptions .

Martin is a cockney then and uses Rhyming Slang.

Gordon Bennett,me old China.

Itis an open forum and it is not about educating anyone. It is giving an opinion. Some do not like my opinions and one has put me to ignore apparently. I challenge narratives I think are wrong.

I believe what I say and i am not on here to "wind people up". Swansea fans have had a wonderful 20 years and still pour scorn on the people that ran it turning it from a mess into a coherent business. It makes no sense.

It currently is a mid table Championship team with a strong philosophy and no debts with a young squad and top class strikers who could get 40 goals between them this season. It is a well managed sustainable club with good owners.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 14:38]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 14:44 - Jul 7 with 1133 viewsOptimisticJack

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 13:28 - Jul 7 by jasper_T

I don't know how some people have watched Matt Grimes play for four seasons and think he's a "free reign to express himself" player.

All a matter of opinion.
I happen to rate him.

Optimisticjack

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 15:09 - Jul 7 with 1095 viewsjasper_T

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 14:44 - Jul 7 by OptimisticJack

All a matter of opinion.
I happen to rate him.

He's been one of the best holding midfielders in the division since establishing himself under Potter. Terrific defensive contribution, ball retention, passes into the final third etc. He gets a lot of stick for not scoring/assisting enough, and being too cautious in his play, but that's just who he is as a player. It's like judging Kalvin Phillips on his goals and assists record. Pep Guardiola clearly doesn't.

Part of our issue last season was that Grimes and Downes both ideally wanted to be sitting at the base of our midfield. Too often we had 5 players parked in a small patch of grass near the halfway line, and little to aim for in front of them. Signs are we may be using the back four this term, with our fullbacks tucking into midfield (see Naughton in all the highlights). In which case we only need one holding midfielder in there to dictate play, and Grimes would ideally be it given everything we've seen from him under three different managers.
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 15:11 - Jul 7 with 1089 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 14:44 - Jul 7 by OptimisticJack

All a matter of opinion.
I happen to rate him.

Me too. He does have games where he plays within himself though. It’s inevitable he will get fatigued both physically and mentally the amount of minutes he’s played over the last few seasons. Need to rest him every now and again to keep him sharp.
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 17:25 - Jul 7 with 972 viewsonehunglow

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 14:37 - Jul 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Itis an open forum and it is not about educating anyone. It is giving an opinion. Some do not like my opinions and one has put me to ignore apparently. I challenge narratives I think are wrong.

I believe what I say and i am not on here to "wind people up". Swansea fans have had a wonderful 20 years and still pour scorn on the people that ran it turning it from a mess into a coherent business. It makes no sense.

It currently is a mid table Championship team with a strong philosophy and no debts with a young squad and top class strikers who could get 40 goals between them this season. It is a well managed sustainable club with good owners.

Fair comment Res
I don't subscribe to what you post but as I said yesterday you keep it tidy on here.

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 17:58 - Jul 7 with 936 viewsBillyChong

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 14:37 - Jul 7 by ReslovenSwan1

As pointed out on numerous occasions the CLN is a debt
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 18:03 - Jul 7 with 931 viewsKeithHaynes

Job done.,

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 18:27 - Jul 7 with 911 viewsshingle

He is an ageing midfielder who will not improve to much on his Stoke performances i know it is hard for many of you but try not to get to excited..
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 20:30 - Jul 7 with 865 viewsnyc_swans

if he was not a former swan and simply a 32 year on a free transfer with over 100 appearances for Liverpool and 70 international caps, and multiple years of being a good championship player, nearly everybody would say yes without a doubt.

"never go back" is such an odd cliche. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. it's not a rule to live by.
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:19 - Jul 7 with 818 viewsCatullus

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 15:09 - Jul 7 by jasper_T

He's been one of the best holding midfielders in the division since establishing himself under Potter. Terrific defensive contribution, ball retention, passes into the final third etc. He gets a lot of stick for not scoring/assisting enough, and being too cautious in his play, but that's just who he is as a player. It's like judging Kalvin Phillips on his goals and assists record. Pep Guardiola clearly doesn't.

Part of our issue last season was that Grimes and Downes both ideally wanted to be sitting at the base of our midfield. Too often we had 5 players parked in a small patch of grass near the halfway line, and little to aim for in front of them. Signs are we may be using the back four this term, with our fullbacks tucking into midfield (see Naughton in all the highlights). In which case we only need one holding midfielder in there to dictate play, and Grimes would ideally be it given everything we've seen from him under three different managers.

Might we try the old Barcelona formation, a back 4 with a V shaped midfield 5 with Grimes at the base, then Joe and Ntcham with Piroe and paterson at the top ends, Obafemi at striker?

What do people reckon?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:31 - Jul 7 with 802 viewsWhiterockin

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:19 - Jul 7 by Catullus

Might we try the old Barcelona formation, a back 4 with a V shaped midfield 5 with Grimes at the base, then Joe and Ntcham with Piroe and paterson at the top ends, Obafemi at striker?

What do people reckon?

If Downes had stayed and we had joe I would have gone. 4-3-2-1.

But now.

4-2-3-1
Grimes Joe
Piroe Ntcham Patterson
Obafemi

But don't be surprised to see Congreve in there instead of Ntcham.

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:45 - Jul 7 with 787 viewsFireboy2

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:31 - Jul 7 by Whiterockin

If Downes had stayed and we had joe I would have gone. 4-3-2-1.

But now.

4-2-3-1
Grimes Joe
Piroe Ntcham Patterson
Obafemi

But don't be surprised to see Congreve in there instead of Ntcham.

I think that congrieve is going to be the find of the season, Joe will make sure 😉
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:47 - Jul 7 with 776 viewsonehunglow

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:19 - Jul 7 by Catullus

What do people reckon?

You including me ?

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:49 - Jul 7 with 767 viewsWhiterockin

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:45 - Jul 7 by Fireboy2

I think that congrieve is going to be the find of the season, Joe will make sure 😉

The reason I think joe is a smart move. We have excellent midfield youngsters coming through for him to mentor.

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:57 - Jul 7 with 741 viewsonehunglow

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:49 - Jul 7 by Whiterockin

The reason I think joe is a smart move. We have excellent midfield youngsters coming through for him to mentor.

We will see.
If any youngsters significantly improve then they will attract attention of bigger clubs then they too will be sold.

We need to build.

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 22:00 - Jul 7 with 724 viewsWhiterockin

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 21:57 - Jul 7 by onehunglow

We will see.
If any youngsters significantly improve then they will attract attention of bigger clubs then they too will be sold.

We need to build.

We also need to exist. Every year we are in the championship we will have to sell at least one player.

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 23:16 - Jul 7 with 635 viewsjruss

Russ said in the fans forum he will play with 'high wide players' whatever the system.

Right now, we have minimal options to fill these roles.
Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 23:28 - Jul 7 with 616 viewsKeithHaynes

Quite simply should the swans sign Joe Allen ? on 20:30 - Jul 7 by nyc_swans

if he was not a former swan and simply a 32 year on a free transfer with over 100 appearances for Liverpool and 70 international caps, and multiple years of being a good championship player, nearly everybody would say yes without a doubt.

"never go back" is such an odd cliche. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. it's not a rule to live by.

If he can reproduce his Wales form he will be more than good enough.
And of course folks, a Swansea City player at the World Cup.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024