Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black cats Match thread....... 23:11 - Aug 12 with 59219 viewsqpr_1968

i think i could be alone here, but i'm going for a 1-0 win.

brave or stupid, i reckon mr beale will do his homework, tighten up the defence, and we will nick it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:59 - Aug 13 with 1982 viewsstrikerace

Unbelievably I am starting to miss Gray and Austin
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:00 - Aug 13 with 1959 viewstraininvain

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:56 - Aug 13 by gazza1

It was a lot more as to why he left.....

Care to enlighten the rest of us?
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:00 - Aug 13 with 1961 viewsBklynRanger

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:57 - Aug 13 by stanistheman

Dykes and Dickie should both have scored too.

True but their efforts were both better and less easier I thought
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:00 - Aug 13 with 1943 viewsqprd

team cant win a second ball to save their lives
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:00 - Aug 13 with 1923 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:49 - Aug 13 by traininvain

Maybe league one for Kakay and Shodipo but it’s a fair point and very worrying that Beale hasn’t quickly worked out the liabilities. The back four today will see us in a relegation battle if we’re relying on them all season.

Either need 5 at the back to compensate for their shortcomings or some new signings which seems unlikely given noises coming from Beale.

What can Beale do? Ferdinand got rid of Warburton because he wouldn't play sub-standard players.
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:02 - Aug 13 with 1878 viewsgazza1

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:00 - Aug 13 by traininvain

Care to enlighten the rest of us?

This is not the thread to be detailing MW failures at the back end of last season.....
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:02 - Aug 13 with 1880 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:57 - Aug 13 by WatfordR

Very poor half.

Absolutely no sign of the high press, far too easy for Sunderland to keep the ball and get forward.

Must have given away the ball in our third four or five times, Hamalainen and Stef the culprits, and no control with the ball when we get it.

Having said that, their opener looks offside all day. Or at least what I think offside is anyway. Offside for the initial shot, not sure how he can't be interfering with play there, but that conversation wasn't had by the officials because the goal was given immediately.

I'd have Shodipo and Albert off now for Armstrong and Roberts, and the game may not be beyond us.

Looked like Kakay was playing him on even from the initial shot to me.
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:02 - Aug 13 with 1872 viewsRangersw12

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:58 - Aug 13 by Logman

Roberts would be good. I think Dykes has done OK. He's put himself about and gets on the end of things. I'm afraid Chair needs to work harder defensively. Its too easy for them to play it through the middle of the park. Yes, Nico is a rabbit in headlights I'm afraid. Every game.

Chair's start to the season has been very worrying he seems to have the biggest hangover from last season
Login to get fewer ads

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:03 - Aug 13 with 1795 viewsDamo1962

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:55 - Aug 13 by stanistheman

Is it beyond the wit of Hoos and Ferdinand that we need to spend some money this window. We could always try and recoup money in the January window by selling with a loan back if possible as other clubs have done. Willock and Dykes (if any club should want them as they will both have 18months left on their contracts).

Without new signings this team will be lucky not to be in the bottom 8 almost all of the season.

Agree totally with that analysis of our situation. But I don't think there will be many takers for Dykes. Be lucky to get anything like what we paid for him.
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:04 - Aug 13 with 1779 viewsdmm

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:02 - Aug 13 by Rangersw12

Chair's start to the season has been very worrying he seems to have the biggest hangover from last season

It is indeed, but I don't think he's being helped by playing right of centre midfield today. It isn't his position.
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:04 - Aug 13 with 1763 viewstraininvain

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:00 - Aug 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

What can Beale do? Ferdinand got rid of Warburton because he wouldn't play sub-standard players.

For starters, Beale can set us up a bit more sensibly. 433 with this defence was a poor decision. The back four isn’t up to it so why not compensate with an extra body in central defence and wing backs.

I know we all want to see attacking football but you have to work with the cards you’re dealt and given our injury problems a back four was always going to be optimistic.
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:05 - Aug 13 with 1759 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Roberts on Adomah off.
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:05 - Aug 13 with 1745 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Roberts on for Adomah.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:06 - Aug 13 with 1681 viewsDamo1962

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:57 - Aug 13 by DejR_vu

Not necessarily saying he’s the problem but is he the answer? He never seems to take a game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen.

He isn't capable. I don't know why people still think that is going to change.
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:06 - Aug 13 with 1661 viewsactonman

Kakay ball watching played Stewart on for the first , even with STEF’s assist , it was a through ball with Rickie and the other guy on a one on one and they still managed to pass back to one of their players as he was the next closest player .
Complete p!ss up in a brewery organisation
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:06 - Aug 13 with 1662 viewsconnell10

Jinx

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:08 - Aug 13 with 1598 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:04 - Aug 13 by traininvain

For starters, Beale can set us up a bit more sensibly. 433 with this defence was a poor decision. The back four isn’t up to it so why not compensate with an extra body in central defence and wing backs.

I know we all want to see attacking football but you have to work with the cards you’re dealt and given our injury problems a back four was always going to be optimistic.

Totally agree with this. Incredibly naive team selection and plan for me. I think we’ve all been dreading this game all week due to the injury situation. Would have been far more sensible to set up with two banks of four to be as hard to beat as possible and to protect the fullbacks as much as possible.

In this shape the full backs are arguably the most important players on the pitch and they’re undoubtedly our worst two players; one of them being so far off the pace / standard it’s embarrassing.
Black cats Match thread....... (n/t) on 16:08 - Aug 13 with 1595 viewsdistortR

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:50 - Aug 13 by traininvain

Leave him out for who is the real problem. Bonne’s constantly offside. Maybe Sinclair but it’s a hell of a lot to put on his young shoulders.

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:10 - Aug 13 with 1483 viewsDejR_vu

I don’t think you can criticise the younger players. They’re inexperienced and may not be good enough, neither of which is their fault. It’s down to somebody else if we’re playing players out of their depth. They’re playing, like it or not. There are senior pros with both experience and ability who should be stepping up. No accountability.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:10 - Aug 13 with 1465 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Simms misses a chance.
Good break. Roberts shot blocked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:10 - Aug 13 with 1456 viewsVancouverHoop

Niko probably saved a sure goal then.
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:11 - Aug 13 with 1451 viewstraininvain

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:08 - Aug 13 by Padulas_Shampoo

Totally agree with this. Incredibly naive team selection and plan for me. I think we’ve all been dreading this game all week due to the injury situation. Would have been far more sensible to set up with two banks of four to be as hard to beat as possible and to protect the fullbacks as much as possible.

In this shape the full backs are arguably the most important players on the pitch and they’re undoubtedly our worst two players; one of them being so far off the pace / standard it’s embarrassing.

Naive is the right word. I’m actually sat here wondering if this is Beale’s attempt to persuade the owners to make some new signings.
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:11 - Aug 13 with 1445 viewsRs_Holy

"crucial block from Hameleneleleleinen".... he's done a thing :)
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:11 - Aug 13 with 1407 viewsMalintabuk

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:56 - Aug 13 by QPR_Hibs

Except for Tyler Roberts and Taylor Richards ?

Well Roberts is on and the other lad is yet to start a game, and neither are an out and out foward but I will stand by what I said that the Simms lad as scored 3 times this season already....
Black cats Match thread....... on 16:14 - Aug 13 with 1252 viewsCamberleyR

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:54 - Aug 13 by Rangersw12

Get Armstrong on for Dykes and Roberts for Shodipo

At least we will have a bit of pace to push them back

Trying to think of a worse player in the last 10 years than Niko

When you think about it, we have had some absolutely terrible players fill our left back position in particular in the last twenty years; Bruce, Warren, Borrowdale and Umlaut kid.

Makes you think how spoilt we probably were when we had Willo with Brevett as his deputy.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024