Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... 13:03 - Aug 21 with 3929 viewsKerouac

...the man has failed.
Sack him.

Stick your excuses up your 'arris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:10 - Aug 21 with 2888 viewsonehunglow

K
We are in surreal territory now
I am seeing posts suggesting we give this fella more time,last season I read we should give him YEARS to do the job he says he wants to do which is to make us a "proper club". He should have been sacked there and then after that.He has not apologised for such an insulting remark. It insults every fan living or dead. Yet,he is supported ,encouraged even and why-becaue we cant afford to ack him.
That is not supporting the club at all.It is not supporting Him. It is admitting we are stuck with him. If we do stick with him all season,next year we start a league below. ALL clubs in this league know how to beat us.

As I posted yesterday,Middlesborough the next game. What next .? The same?

I was looking at some family photos yesterday and and admit to being rather emotional but the club runs in my veins. My old fella was a real whinger as was my grandfather who was never happy. They are best out of this miasma we face.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:21 - Aug 21 with 2886 viewsdobjack2

The only way I can see that we can generate money without increasing debt is by selling players. Are you suggesting that we sell a few players to pay off Martin and his team and find somebody else and their team prepared to come in or do you have a different idea about how we can raise the money without increasing debt?
This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:26 - Aug 21 with 2875 viewsThrasher6

I just feel miserable. RM is making me feel like this. Please....somebody at the club do something. Don't let this drift..

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:27 - Aug 21 with 2861 viewsReslovenSwan1

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:10 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

K
I am seeing posts suggesting we give this fella more time,last season I read we should give him YEARS to do the job he says he wants to do which is to make us a "proper club". He should have been sacked there and then after that.He has not apologised for such an insulting remark. It insults every fan living or dead. Yet,he is supported ,encouraged even and why-becaue we cant afford to ack him.
That is not supporting the club at all.It is not supporting Him. It is admitting we are stuck with him. If we do stick with him all season,next year we start a league below. ALL clubs in this league know how to beat us.

I was looking at some family photos yesterday and and admit to being rather emotional but the club runs in my veins. My old fella was a real whinger as was my grandfather who was never happy. They are best out of this miasma we face.

I was not offended about the "proper club" quote as I understand the culture it comes from. You must be either highly sensitive or faking it.

Given that you are totally insensitive to lewd English racial slurs against Welsh people I suggest it is probably the latter.

Martin will be given time to let his new charges settle. Darling, Wood and Sorinola have barely played together (less than 5 games). Martin will have to improve and adapt his methods and look at making changes. Grimes downed tools when he lost possession for the second goal. Manning has done this more than once,

Hardships and deprivation are a good hard school for personal and philosophical development. Sorinola looks soft and did not close down for the first goal. Fulton Benda Congreve a have all made horrendous errors costing chances to win gaames.

Bad teams make bad errors week on week. Its Martin's responsibility. The team appears to have a weak psychological streak with Piroe distracted, Patterson doing industrial action, Grimes off form, Own goals and error strewn performances.

Time for a tough number 2 perhaps?.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 13:28]

Wise sage since Toshack era

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:39 - Aug 21 with 2817 viewslifelong

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:10 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

K

Middlesbrough haven’t won a game this season.
This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:39 - Aug 21 with 2812 viewsonehunglow

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:27 - Aug 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I was not offended about the "proper club" quote as I understand the culture it comes from. You must be either highly sensitive or faking it.

Given that you are totally insensitive to lewd English racial slurs against Welsh people I suggest it is probably the latter.

Martin will be given time to let his new charges settle. Darling, Wood and Sorinola have barely played together (less than 5 games). Martin will have to improve and adapt his methods and look at making changes. Grimes downed tools when he lost possession for the second goal. Manning has done this more than once,

Hardships and deprivation are a good hard school for personal and philosophical development. Sorinola looks soft and did not close down for the first goal. Fulton Benda Congreve a have all made horrendous errors costing chances to win gaames.

Bad teams make bad errors week on week. Its Martin's responsibility. The team appears to have a weak psychological streak with Piroe distracted, Patterson doing industrial action, Grimes off form, Own goals and error strewn performances.

Time for a tough number 2 perhaps?.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 13:28]

Faking it?
Really.
I love this club.I am a Swansea man and my club;the club of my home town has been a proper club in my eyes.
You might see it differently

You might be thinking Martin meant no offence.

You might think Martin should be backed 100%,no matter what

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 14:02 - Aug 21 with 2797 viewsSirjohnalot

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:39 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

Faking it?
Really.
I love this club.I am a Swansea man and my club;the club of my home town has been a proper club in my eyes.
You might see it differently

You might be thinking Martin meant no offence.

You might think Martin should be backed 100%,no matter what

The ‘proper club’ quote was completely taken out of context from
what I remember.

The reality with Martin is that there is not the money to sack both him and his back room staff plus employ other people. Owners won’t sanction it
This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 14:05 - Aug 21 with 2764 viewsonehunglow

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 14:02 - Aug 21 by Sirjohnalot

The ‘proper club’ quote was completely taken out of context from
what I remember.

The reality with Martin is that there is not the money to sack both him and his back room staff plus employ other people. Owners won’t sanction it

I disagree with your first sentence and if the second is true,then we might as well pack up and go home.

It does however Martin is NOT supported as such,merely in situ as we cant get rid. A shocking scenario.

He is taking down at this moment in time. Clubs that were seen as relegation fodder,Reading/Rotherham are not. No club fears us at all. We are an open book and never change.

We are a team who cannot indeed will not scrap when it gets dirty

Login to get fewer ads

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 14:13 - Aug 21 with 2748 viewsSirjohnalot

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 14:05 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

I disagree with your first sentence and if the second is true,then we might as well pack up and go home.

It does however Martin is NOT supported as such,merely in situ as we cant get rid. A shocking scenario.

He is taking down at this moment in time. Clubs that were seen as relegation fodder,Reading/Rotherham are not. No club fears us at all. We are an open book and never change.

We are a team who cannot indeed will not scrap when it gets dirty

Game yesterday was awful. Blackpool was entertaining with shots at both end, as was Rotherham. Players looked like he didn’t care yesterday. Don’t mind losing but not just giving up. You’d want to be straining till the last second.

Anthony Joshua yesterday was a man desperate to win.

Stands to reason if there’s no money to even bring in loans, they can’t spend that lack of money on sacking him. Wonder if they’re trying to get him to
Walk ?

Sad state or affairs
This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 15:36 - Aug 21 with 2647 viewsonehunglow

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 14:13 - Aug 21 by Sirjohnalot

Game yesterday was awful. Blackpool was entertaining with shots at both end, as was Rotherham. Players looked like he didn’t care yesterday. Don’t mind losing but not just giving up. You’d want to be straining till the last second.

Anthony Joshua yesterday was a man desperate to win.

Stands to reason if there’s no money to even bring in loans, they can’t spend that lack of money on sacking him. Wonder if they’re trying to get him to
Walk ?

Sad state or affairs

It is Jon
What is worse is that it would appear to be screwed and unable to rectify matters.
Anyone not thinking matters need rectifying is deluded.

Next coach has a huge job on his hands

Cooper's legacy was two play off failure but it wasn't a toxic show he left.Martin's will be significant.

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 15:46 - Aug 21 with 2635 viewsSirjohnalot

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 15:36 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

It is Jon
What is worse is that it would appear to be screwed and unable to rectify matters.
Anyone not thinking matters need rectifying is deluded.

Next coach has a huge job on his hands

Cooper's legacy was two play off failure but it wasn't a toxic show he left.Martin's will be significant.

Problem was Cooper was so so boring. Lucky he had Ayew.
I was so looking forward to the Luton game, to lose like that was such a let down
This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 15:51 - Aug 21 with 2608 viewsonehunglow

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 15:46 - Aug 21 by Sirjohnalot

I was so looking forward to the Luton game, to lose like that was such a let down

I Dxxxxxxd Cooper personally .

I don't mind boring wins myself.
A long ball,a take around the keeper and stroke it in or a free kick and a power header or simply long ball,defender beaten and ball rammed home,like Luton's second. Their fans seemed happy enough pub team or not.

Nothing entertaining about players,like Naughton and Grimes literally walking around passing the ball backwards when 2-0 behind.

Not one monkeys is given

Martin said they were looking forward to righting matters after Millwall.

It's the patronising I Dxxxxt.

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 15:57 - Aug 21 with 2609 viewsGwyn737

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 15:46 - Aug 21 by Sirjohnalot

Careful, Sirjohn. Mistruths about Cooper result in long repetitive threads 😉
This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 16:01 - Aug 21 with 2604 viewsMrSwerve

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 13:39 - Aug 21 by lifelong

Middlesbrough haven’t won a game this season.

Indeed, you know what happens next...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 17:08 - Aug 21 with 2505 viewsKerouac

RUSSELL MARTIN CURRENTLY HAS, IN EFFECT, A 16 MAN SQUAD, OF WHICH 2 ARE YOUNGSTERS CONGREVE & OLLIE COOPER. THIS SITUATION IS OF HIS OWN MAKING.
HE HAS A BIGGER SQUAD BUT HE REFUSES TO PLAY SOME, HAS LOANED SOME OUT AND HAS ALIENATED OTHERS TO SUCH AN EXTENT WE ALL KNOW HE WOULD NEVER PICK THEM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Goalkeeper
1) Andrew Fisher (ex-Mk Dons) - Martin's player, he has weakened us

Right-Back
26) Kyle Naughton

Left-Back
3) Ryan Manning
29) Matthew Sorinola - £350k Union SG (ex-MK Dons) - Terrible Martin signing #2...actually right-footed

Centre-Back
5) Ben Cabango
23) Nathan Wood - £300k (Middlesboro) - The jury is out, has potential, makes silly mistakes
6) Harry Darling - £2.3m (ex-Mk Dons) - Looks a player, expensive though

Defensive Midfield
4) Jay Fulton
7) Joe Allen - £Free (Stoke City) - Joey is Joey, the question is; 'Can he get fit enough to finish games and stay fit?'

Centre Midfield
8) Matt Grimes - Everything is his fault, allegedly

Attacking Midfield
10) Olivier Ntcham - Big wage, considering leaving, question mark on his fitness...can play though
45) Cameron Congreve
31) Oliver Cooper

Right-Wing
????????????

Left-Wing
????????????

Striker
17) Joel Piroe - Obviously fallen out with Martin, doesn't want to be here
9) Michael Obafemi - Without Piroe firing on all cylinders and with no width in the team, Martin has a lot less chances
20) Liam Cullen

Using Martin's preferred formation and the players he has at his disposal what does our first and second XI look like, as of his selections so far this season TO DATE....

1st XI
------------------------- Fisher -----------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------- Naughton --------------------------
-------- Wood ---------------------------- Darling -------
Latibeaudiere --------------------------------- Manning
------------------ Allen --------- Grimes ------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------
----------- Piroe ------------------------- Ntcham --------
-------------------------- Obafemi --------------------------

2nd XI
------------------------- Benda -----------------------------
------------------------ Abdullai ---------------------------
-------- Cabango ------------------------ Cooper -------
Congreve? ------------------------------------- Sorinola
------------------ Fulton --------- Walsh -----------------
------- Ollie Cooper ------------------- Patterson ------
-------------------------- Cullen -----------------------------

Current players Martin has rejected, alienated, list;

13) Stephen Benda - Has destroyed his confidence, looking to leave
15) Nathaniel Ogbeta - Persona non-grata
??) Ryan Bennett - Old pro, solid citizen (a captain type), frozen out.
16) Brandon Cooper - Obviously not fancied at all.
12) Jamie Patterson - Frozen out altogether
41) Jordan Garrick - Why didn't Martin try Garrick out at Right-Wing-back? He needs a player here. Garrick is better than Sorinola, I can tell you that much
14) Kyle Joseph - Would have been a useful striker to come off the bench or on the right-wing - Martin has shipped him out though
11) Morgan Whittaker - Would have been a useful attacking option off the bench - Martin has shipped him out though

Players out injured;
22) Joel Latibeaudiere - Injured...may have done a decent job at right-back, was actually played on the right-wing by Martin though
28) Liam Walsh - What is the point in us paying him a wage?

PRE-SEASON, THE MORE DELUDED AMONG US WERE TOUTING POSSIBLE PROMOTION.
HERE WE ARE 5 GAMES IN, WE ARE TERRIBLE, IN A MESS AND MARTIN COLLUDERS TELL US THE MAN THEY SUPPORTED AND RAN COVER FOR NOW HAS TO STAY INDEFINITELY AS HE IS TOO EXPENSIVE TO SACK.
SOME FACTS;
- We have not sacked any manager since we were relegated from the Prem
- Every year we sell our best players for massive profits...we are told that this is to cover operating cost deficit...we were told that Downes' sale meant we were alright for the year.
- Martin has loaned players out, he has let Championship standard players go on a free (Bidwell), he has spent £750k in transfer fees for Fisher & Sorinola, he spent £1.8m on Darling, he dished high wages to Ntcham, Allen, Fisher, Darling etc., he signed sicknote Walsh (what a fecking stupid signing that was).

... if we don't have enough money in the budget to sack him it is because he has wasted it...the owners need to find the money to sack this clown now or it will cost them and us far more down the line.

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 17:29 - Aug 21 with 2436 viewsonehunglow

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 17:08 - Aug 21 by Kerouac

RUSSELL MARTIN CURRENTLY HAS, IN EFFECT, A 16 MAN SQUAD, OF WHICH 2 ARE YOUNGSTERS CONGREVE & OLLIE COOPER. THIS SITUATION IS OF HIS OWN MAKING.
HE HAS A BIGGER SQUAD BUT HE REFUSES TO PLAY SOME, HAS LOANED SOME OUT AND HAS ALIENATED OTHERS TO SUCH AN EXTENT WE ALL KNOW HE WOULD NEVER PICK THEM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Goalkeeper

Right-Back
26) Kyle Naughton

Left-Back
3) Ryan Manning
29) Matthew Sorinola - £350k Union SG (ex-MK Dons) - Terrible Martin signing #2...actually right-footed

Centre-Back
5) Ben Cabango
23) Nathan Wood - £300k (Middlesboro) - The jury is out, has potential, makes silly mistakes

Defensive Midfield
4) Jay Fulton
7) Joe Allen - £Free (Stoke City) - Joey is Joey, the question is; 'Can he get fit enough to finish games and stay fit?'

Centre Midfield

Attacking Midfield
10) Olivier Ntcham - Big wage, considering leaving, question mark on his fitness...can play though
45) Cameron Congreve
31) Oliver Cooper

Right-Wing
????????????

Left-Wing
????????????

Striker
9) Michael Obafemi - Without Piroe firing on all cylinders and with no width in the team, Martin has a lot less chances
20) Liam Cullen

Using Martin's preferred formation and the players he has at his disposal what does our first and second XI look like, as of his selections so far this season TO DATE....

1st XI

2nd XI

41) Jordan Garrick - Why didn't Martin try Garrick out at Right-Wing-back? He needs a player here. Garrick is better than Sorinola, I can tell you that much
14) Kyle Joseph - Would have been a useful striker to come off the bench or on the right-wing - Martin has shipped him out though
11) Morgan Whittaker - Would have been a useful attacking option off the bench - Martin has shipped him out though

Players out injured;
22) Joel Latibeaudiere - Injured...may have done a decent job at right-back, was actually played on the right-wing by Martin though

HERE WE ARE 5 GAMES IN, WE ARE TERRIBLE, IN A MESS AND MARTIN COLLUDERS TELL US THE MAN THEY SUPPORTED AND RAN COVER FOR NOW HAS TO STAY INDEFINITELY AS HE IS TOO EXPENSIVE TO SACK.
SOME FACTS;
- Every year we sell our best players for massive profits...we are told that this is to cover operating cost deficit...we were told that Downes' sale meant we were alright for the year.
- Martin has loaned players out, he has let Championship standard players go on a free (Bidwell), he has spent £750k in transfer fees for Fisher & Sorinola, he spent £1.8m on Darling, he dished high wages to Ntcham, Allen, Fisher, Darling etc., he signed sicknote Walsh (what a fecking stupid signing that was).

... if we don't have enough money in the budget to sack him it is because he has wasted it...the owners need to find the money to sack this clown now or it will cost them and us far more down the line.

I’ve said all that in a fraction of words used there .
You re still under my wing K

Talking of wings,why did Martin bin them then complain about a limited squad

We need these lads back as Martin goes the other way

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 18:26 - Aug 21 with 2394 viewsmagicdaps10

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 17:08 - Aug 21 by Kerouac

Goalkeeper

Right-Back
26) Kyle Naughton

Left-Back
3) Ryan Manning

Centre-Back
5) Ben Cabango

Defensive Midfield
4) Jay Fulton

Centre Midfield

Attacking Midfield
45) Cameron Congreve
31) Oliver Cooper

Right-Wing
????????????

Left-Wing
????????????

Striker
20) Liam Cullen

1st XI

2nd XI

Players out injured;

SOME FACTS;

Just to point out, some of the facts you posted are wrong.

We didn't spend 750k on Fisher and Sorinola.
Martin didn't sign Liam Walsh, he was signed prior to his appointment.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 18:39 - Aug 21 with 2370 viewsKerouac

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 18:26 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

Just to point out, some of the facts you posted are wrong.

We didn't spend 750k on Fisher and Sorinola.
Martin didn't sign Liam Walsh, he was signed prior to his appointment.

Fisher = £400k
Sorinola = £350k

You are right on Walsh, not Martin's fault.
I shouldn't imagine Cooper ok'd his signing as he was in dispute with the club at the time.
Whomever rubber stamped that needs their head read.

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 18:43 - Aug 21 with 2353 viewsonehunglow

Jon. Yiu say boring under a cooper. To me he was just too ugly .

Yesterday I transposed a few Bee gee Songs to crucify in the privacy of my own home .
Barry wrote most in key of A which is too high for my thin baritone

My invitation here remains open by the way

No need to dress up.

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 19:10 - Aug 21 with 2318 viewsunion_jack

Great post by Kerouac.

Although I don’t think Grimes is to blame for ever, I believe he’s a weakfish link and should be relieved, possibly for his own good from the captaincy.

With all these players out of f@pavour I think maybe Martin gets insulted if you don’t say please or thank-you or sonething innocuous like that. Fir goodness sake, Sorinola, who in my opinion is not a professional footballer certainly not at this level, is getting more opportunity than Ogbeta. How does he come to that decision week in week out???

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 19:24 - Aug 21 with 2300 viewsmagicdaps10

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 18:39 - Aug 21 by Kerouac

Fisher = £400k
Sorinola = £350k

You are right on Walsh, not Martin's fault.
I shouldn't imagine Cooper ok'd his signing as he was in dispute with the club at the time.
Whomever rubber stamped that needs their head read.

Well if we paid 350K as a loan fee for Sorinola then I would have to agree that is ridiculous.

Also agree that someone needs to be held accountable for the Walsh signing and as Cooper was already on his way out then he can't be blamed for it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 19:31 - Aug 21 with 2283 viewsjasper_T

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 19:24 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

Well if we paid 350K as a loan fee for Sorinola then I would have to agree that is ridiculous.

Also agree that someone needs to be held accountable for the Walsh signing and as Cooper was already on his way out then he can't be blamed for it.

He was Andy Scott's target, wasn't he?
This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 19:47 - Aug 21 with 2248 viewsReslovenSwan1

Presumably Martin eased out Jospeh, Garrick and Whittaker saving £500k in wages in the anticipation that the three players would be replaced with at least two loan players.

A wing back like Christie? and a creative midfielder who name escapes me (the kid from Spurs). Then Latibeaudiere got injured.

Wise sage since Toshack era

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 19:48 - Aug 21 with 2246 viewsdobjack2

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 19:31 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

He was Andy Scott's target, wasn't he?

I believe that is correct following his season on loan at Coventry. Is he still head of scouting at Forest?
This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 20:00 - Aug 21 with 2218 viewsonehunglow

This is all getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it... on 19:10 - Aug 21 by union_jack

Great post by Kerouac.

Although I don’t think Grimes is to blame for ever, I believe he’s a weakfish link and should be relieved, possibly for his own good from the captaincy.

With all these players out of f@pavour I think maybe Martin gets insulted if you don’t say please or thank-you or sonething innocuous like that. Fir goodness sake, Sorinola, who in my opinion is not a professional footballer certainly not at this level, is getting more opportunity than Ogbeta. How does he come to that decision week in week out???

I see many lecturing about support but I saw nine for Whittaker and Joseph. All support shown only to Martin and that in itself is surreal.

Our new coach needs to get these lads back

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024