Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread 12:12 - Sep 2 with 25641 viewsHullDale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 17:24 - Sep 3 with 3376 viewsNorthernDale

I listen to the game, I sensed that there is more of a fight in the team, right up to the final whistle, whereas previously this season the team would have folded, when Carlisle scored. For those who attended would this be a fair assessment and does the team looked better under Bentley, and just need one or two changes.

Hopefully we can get something against Salford next Saturday.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 17:45 - Sep 3 with 3162 viewsjoecooke

A lot to be positive about today i thought. Anticipating quicker and being stronger and cuter in defensive areas and set plays is an obvious negative but all in all i reckon we will be ok on todays showing.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 17:54 - Sep 3 with 3081 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Normally I would have said that was a good point but 2 points thrown away best describes it
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 17:56 - Sep 3 with 3059 views49thseason

Stressfull last 20 minutes following all that, but a decent result. The consolidation seems to be underway, two away draws and 6 goals scored in open play in a week was the stuff of dreams last week. Clearly we are still fragile at the back, particularly on near post crosses when big defenders pile in on us.
Once we can solve the defensive problems without compromising the forward momentum, consolidation will become rapid improvement of our position in the league. My glass is now a little over half full, not getting carried away yet but really this was our first game of the season 50 points from 40 games is the target, so far so good. I wonder if Bentley knows an out-of-contract giant defender?
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Sep 3 with 3052 views442Dale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 17:54 - Sep 3 by Daleneverwalkalone

Normally I would have said that was a good point but 2 points thrown away best describes it

Why though? Yes we were 3-1 up, but the general consensus is one of much more positivity under the new manager.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 17:58 - Sep 3 with 3035 viewsjudd

Bollox

Poll: What is it to be then?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:01 - Sep 3 with 3016 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Sep 3 by 442Dale

Why though? Yes we were 3-1 up, but the general consensus is one of much more positivity under the new manager.

The clue is in your own assessment
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:02 - Sep 3 with 3004 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 17:58 - Sep 3 by judd

Bollox

Get in there Judd and you probs didn’t have to spell check it
Login to get fewer ads

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:18 - Sep 3 with 2898 viewsDaleiLama

You're using an awful lot of your 11% up all at once.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:25 - Sep 3 with 2824 views442Dale

Interesting points about mixing up the way we play and complimentary about how well coached they’ve been to keep the ball.

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:31 - Sep 3 with 2776 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:18 - Sep 3 by DaleiLama

You're using an awful lot of your 11% up all at once.

Jeez have something constructive to say, it is a forum not a slagging room
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:45 - Sep 3 with 2663 views442Dale

Haaland doing his best Scott Quigley impression again.

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:54 - Sep 3 with 2600 viewsgriff

As our commentary duo pointed out after the game, no way are you lot bottom 2 material. A hard physical game with some comedy passing but hearts on display by both sides. Our lot were myopic at times, how many times did we give the ball to a yellow shirt? I thought your passing was better in the main though the cross-field ball for our second was a piece of class. Don’t worry lads, you’ll be fine.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:54 - Sep 3 with 2591 viewsD_Alien

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:25 - Sep 3 by 442Dale

Interesting points about mixing up the way we play and complimentary about how well coached they’ve been to keep the ball.

These interviews should be limited to about 5 minutes, plenty of time to get all the salient points across without having to repeat himself due to the inanity of the interviewer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:00 - Sep 3 with 2543 viewsD_Dale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 16:32 - Sep 3 by Nigeriamark

3-2 now. Break down the right, cross from the byline & their player shoots into the bottom left hand corner. Wasn't a great strike & looked like our keeper had kept it out, but the linesman gave it. On second viewing correct decision

https://www.skysports.com/football/carlisle-united-vs-rochdale/468450

Confirms the ball crossed the line.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:07 - Sep 3 with 2471 viewsDaleiLama

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:31 - Sep 3 by Daleneverwalkalone

Jeez have something constructive to say, it is a forum not a slagging room

We had a point going into that game. We doubled our points tally. We were away from home. We scored 3 goals. All those points are positive and constructive. Calling it 2 points dropped isn't in my view. Sorry.

It would be boring if we drew all 46 games but that pace wouldn't be far off survival either. Considering what EBJ inherited (mainly psychologically but also how they had been coached) and that he brought in a player who scored 2 and got an assist on his debut, it feels like something of a triumph and one of the first stumbling steps out of a footballing coma. We gave up a 2 goal lead, which is disappointing, but we gained a valuable point and stuck together as a team. I see green shoots, not frost-bitten stems.

Upthedale
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 19:23]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:32 - Sep 3 with 2317 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:07 - Sep 3 by DaleiLama

We had a point going into that game. We doubled our points tally. We were away from home. We scored 3 goals. All those points are positive and constructive. Calling it 2 points dropped isn't in my view. Sorry.

It would be boring if we drew all 46 games but that pace wouldn't be far off survival either. Considering what EBJ inherited (mainly psychologically but also how they had been coached) and that he brought in a player who scored 2 and got an assist on his debut, it feels like something of a triumph and one of the first stumbling steps out of a footballing coma. We gave up a 2 goal lead, which is disappointing, but we gained a valuable point and stuck together as a team. I see green shoots, not frost-bitten stems.

Upthedale

So in your opinion it was a great point when you are 3-1 up just asking for a friend
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:46 - Sep 3 with 2235 viewsRotherhamDale

I still see it as a point gained and not two points dropped. The difference in today's performance, against the Stevenage and Swindon games is huge.

Quigley was excellent, and even when he wasn't winning headers or holding the ball up, he was a real pain in the arse for their defenders which was good to see.

I also thought the midfield 3/4 had their best game of the season (Kelly included who was running the game until he got subbed off).

Fingers crossed we EEL or Cameron John back for the next game because Jim McNulty still scares the life out of me... and he has done since about 2014.

Also... corners are still a massive issue. Our attacking ones are shite and defensive ones even worse.

Possession with progression.

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:48 - Sep 3 with 2223 viewsjudd

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:32 - Sep 3 by Daleneverwalkalone

So in your opinion it was a great point when you are 3-1 up just asking for a friend

3:1 up with about 30 minutes to play.

The game lasted about 98 minutes.

It happens

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:54 - Sep 3 with 2184 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:07 - Sep 3 by DaleiLama

Upthedale

That’s better
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:56 - Sep 3 with 2170 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:48 - Sep 3 by judd

3:1 up with about 30 minutes to play.

The game lasted about 98 minutes.

It happens

You a Liverpool fan
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 20:01 - Sep 3 with 2143 viewsJames1980

Now the game aside tell us about your username. Are you a Dale supporter with an affinity with Celtic and or Liverpool? Or are you a Gerry and Pacemakers fan, perhaps Carousel by Rodgers and Hammerstein is your most favourite musical?

Mine is incredibly unoriginal

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 20:09 - Sep 3 with 2105 viewsEllDale

Gaining a corner is sometimes the equivalent of winning a penalty for opponents these days.
I’m naive in these matters but is it significant that a lot of these headed goals seem to be scored by defenders? Are our attackers not big enough to defend set pieces? If so, that will hopefully improve with Quigley’s presence.
All in all I’d have taken a draw before kickoff as the saying goes.
Funny how some players seem to have found a seeming new lease of life under a different manager or is that merely an example of the “bounce” which often happens in these circumstances?
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 20:12 - Sep 3 with 2058 viewsTVOS1907

You're not doing that friend any favours.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 20:12 - Sep 3 with 2053 viewsjudd

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:56 - Sep 3 by Daleneverwalkalone

You a Liverpool fan

Question? Or statement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024