Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ladies 22:43 - Sep 4 with 5348 viewsbuilthjack

Had a good crowd watching today. Over 1400.
Decent.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Ladies on 05:34 - Sep 5 with 2767 viewsCatullus

It's a long hard road for them to get big gates but yes, 1400 is pretty good. I wonder what their annual running costs are, how much do they need to break even? This game was free, what when they start charging for entry?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Ladies on 06:52 - Sep 5 with 2753 viewsWhiterockin

I watched it on S4C the standard is so much lower than the Women's Super League, tbh its unrecognisable by comparison, but it was good to see a team representing Swansea win again.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Ladies on 10:48 - Sep 5 with 2657 viewspencoedjack

Double anything in the Welsh league.

I wouldn't open the curtains if they were playing in the back garden but hey whatever floats your boat.

Was it free entry or were those who went paying?

Attendances should be good with these prices

https://womenscompetitions.thefa.com/en/Article/20210810-SeasonTickets
The Ladies on 11:06 - Sep 5 with 2645 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes well done to everyone at the Swans, our club is for everyone.

Great timing with the recent high profile Euros.

Hope the players, coaches and fans enjoyed it.
The attendance was about 10 times what they would normally expect. Fantastic.

Loved all the Swans flags, and 2 great goals 🥳

Beware of the Risen People

The Ladies on 11:47 - Sep 5 with 2627 viewsBryanSwan

The Ladies on 06:52 - Sep 5 by Whiterockin

I watched it on S4C the standard is so much lower than the Women's Super League, tbh its unrecognisable by comparison, but it was good to see a team representing Swansea win again.

Its a tough one, for them to grow quality wise they've got to be in the Super league system. Although that is probably not viable financially.
Nice to see them getting a decent amount down to watch them.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Ladies on 12:33 - Sep 5 with 2609 viewspencoedjack

The Ladies on 11:47 - Sep 5 by BryanSwan

Its a tough one, for them to grow quality wise they've got to be in the Super league system. Although that is probably not viable financially.
Nice to see them getting a decent amount down to watch them.

Amazing how so many Welsh nats are happy to cling onto the coattails of English success to better something in Wales.
The Ladies on 13:23 - Sep 5 with 2579 viewsFlashberryjack

Grand daughter was playing, but not for the winning team.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Ladies on 14:22 - Sep 5 with 2554 viewsBoundy

The Ladies on 13:23 - Sep 5 by Flashberryjack

Grand daughter was playing, but not for the winning team.

I know how you feel , one of my grandkids was playing in Carmarthen yesterday for Cardiff Met academy , I'm pleased for him doing so well but I have to say indifferent to the result

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

The Ladies on 14:57 - Sep 5 with 2527 viewsFlashberryjack

The Ladies on 14:22 - Sep 5 by Boundy

I know how you feel , one of my grandkids was playing in Carmarthen yesterday for Cardiff Met academy , I'm pleased for him doing so well but I have to say indifferent to the result

Grand daughter is the captain, so she was even more disappointed.

Hello

The Ladies on 15:22 - Sep 5 with 2517 viewsBoundy

The Ladies on 14:57 - Sep 5 by Flashberryjack

Its never nice to lose regardless

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Ladies on 17:05 - Sep 5 with 2483 viewsKilkennyjack

Fair play to her. Respect.

Looks like the women’s game is going to boom.

You must be very proud 👍

The Ladies on 17:26 - Sep 5 with 2474 viewsbuilthjack

The Ladies on 05:34 - Sep 5 by Catullus

It's a long hard road for them to get big gates but yes, 1400 is pretty good. I wonder what their annual running costs are, how much do they need to break even? This game was free, what when they start charging for entry?

Qualifying for Europe should have made them good money, and I doubt they get paid more than expenses.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Ladies on 17:46 - Sep 5 with 2464 viewsshaggyrogers

The Ladies on 10:48 - Sep 5 by pencoedjack

Double anything in the Welsh league.

I wouldn't open the curtains if they were playing in the back garden but hey whatever floats your boat.

Was it free entry or were those who went paying?

Attendances should be good with these prices

https://womenscompetitions.thefa.com/en/Article/20210810-SeasonTickets

They probably would say the same if you were in their back garden :-) :-)
The Ladies on 17:48 - Sep 5 with 2461 viewsshaggyrogers

Steph is it ? She is a solid centre half. She got turned for the opener i think but a really decent player
The Ladies on 17:50 - Sep 5 with 2460 viewsshaggyrogers

The Ladies on 17:26 - Sep 5 by builthjack

Qualifying for Europe should have made them good money, and I doubt they get paid more than expenses.

I actually don't think they even get expenses. Champions league would have paid something but not cheap to fly 30 odd people to Greece and stay there for a week. They are obviously being funded by someone.
The Ladies on 18:09 - Sep 5 with 2435 viewsSirjohnalot

Brilliant to hear, she must be delighted at the excitement of the women's game at the top level ? You must be really proud
The Ladies on 18:10 - Sep 5 with 2430 viewsGwyn737

You must (rightly) be incredibly proud 👏
The Ladies on 18:55 - Sep 5 with 2397 viewsCatullus

That's not all the running costs though. There's travelling costs, kits (buying and maintenance) and then theres the stadiums. Where do the usually play?

Even a local league team has running costs.

Do the Swans fund them?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Ladies on 20:35 - Sep 5 with 2373 viewsKilkennyjack

The Ladies on 18:55 - Sep 5 by Catullus

That's not all the running costs though. There's travelling costs, kits (buying and maintenance) and then theres the stadiums. Where do the usually play?

Do the Swans fund them?

Why do you care ?

Just say well done.
You are in danger of missing the really important part.

Do you ask the same about our Academy, for example ?
Maybe you are an accountant, but other than that its a bit of a strange take on an up lifting night.

The Ladies on 21:35 - Sep 5 with 2333 viewspencoedjack

Congratulations Flash no doubt you are very proud 👍
The Ladies on 21:44 - Sep 5 with 2328 viewsFlashberryjack

Grand daughter has qualified for Europe on 4 occasions, expenses only.

Hello

The Ladies on 02:10 - Sep 6 with 2254 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Ladies on 20:35 - Sep 5 by Kilkennyjack

Why do you care ?

Just say well done.
You are in danger of missing the really important part.

Do you ask the same about our Academy, for example ?
Maybe you are an accountant, but other than that its a bit of a strange take on an up lifting night.

Because they would be eating into our budgets if that’s the case.

The academy is there to enhance business on and off the field, by bringing through youngsters with the aim of supplying the first team who we can then sell.

A women’s club that don’t even play in our league system being funded by the men’s football club is not something we should be happy with.

More than happy for women to try and get into the academy and if they are good enough they can try and earn their way through that into the first team… but just paying for them with zero benefit to us seems weird.

If I create a Swansea over 35’s team can I get the club to pay for that too? Set up tournaments in Acapulco and the Carribean maybe, expensed paid.

Would you support that? If not, why not.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Ladies on 09:47 - Sep 6 with 2188 viewsJack_Kass

The Ladies on 18:55 - Sep 5 by Catullus

Do the Swans fund them?

They are a semi-professional team who are either full time workers, students. They get f**k all in comparison to the men and play for the love of the game and pride of the club.

They ARE Swansea City as much as the men are.

Let's really not bring the site down with such a toxic argument over whether the 'men should be funding them', i's absolute peanuts in the scheme of things.

Dineen is involved but I dont know the exact details, he may be a defacto 'director'. Needs more clarity.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

The Ladies on 11:09 - Sep 6 with 2134 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Ladies on 09:47 - Sep 6 by Jack_Kass

They are a semi-professional team who are either full time workers, students. They get f**k all in comparison to the men and play for the love of the game and pride of the club.

They ARE Swansea City as much as the men are.

Let's really not bring the site down with such a toxic argument over whether the 'men should be funding them', i's absolute peanuts in the scheme of things.

Dineen is involved but I dont know the exact details, he may be a defacto 'director'. Needs more clarity.

Nothing toxic about it.

They should bring in their own funding and stand on their own terms. The market will make them a success if they are deserving and they shouldn’t be handed it.

I’d say exactly the same for any women’s sporting team that felt they had to prop up the men’s game out of social compliance.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Ladies on 11:21 - Sep 6 with 2123 viewsBryanSwan

The Ladies on 11:09 - Sep 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing toxic about it.

They should bring in their own funding and stand on their own terms. The market will make them a success if they are deserving and they shouldn’t be handed it.

I’d say exactly the same for any women’s sporting team that felt they had to prop up the men’s game out of social compliance.

Do you think the same for any aspect of a football club that isn't profitable? Or just the womens team?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024