Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ladies 22:43 - Sep 4 with 5563 viewsbuilthjack

Had a good crowd watching today. Over 1400.
Decent.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Ladies on 11:27 - Sep 6 with 1084 viewsJack_Kass

The Ladies on 11:09 - Sep 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing toxic about it.

They should bring in their own funding and stand on their own terms. The market will make them a success if they are deserving and they shouldn’t be handed it.

I’d say exactly the same for any women’s sporting team that felt they had to prop up the men’s game out of social compliance.

Good lord, are you really going to try and take this on? This is a low even for you, but I guess you haven't really tapped into the misogynistic marketplace yet. Make a thread about it.. go on?

Neither you nor I know the funding structure in place, but the ladies are a part of Swansea City as much as the men are, there are no 'own terms' to stand on, they stand together, that is clear from all communications.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

The Ladies on 11:33 - Sep 6 with 1068 viewsshaggyrogers

The Ladies on 09:47 - Sep 6 by Jack_Kass

They are a semi-professional team who are either full time workers, students. They get f**k all in comparison to the men and play for the love of the game and pride of the club.

They ARE Swansea City as much as the men are.

Let's really not bring the site down with such a toxic argument over whether the 'men should be funding them', i's absolute peanuts in the scheme of things.

Dineen is involved but I dont know the exact details, he may be a defacto 'director'. Needs more clarity.

I can give some context on this as have some good background information.

They aren't semi pro , they are amateur and are their own entity. They are not part of the club but represent them under an SLA. The club, i believe, give them kit, use of training facilities and in return the club get the benefit of using the players rights for their sponsorship deals and things.

The ladies originally were 'looked after ' by the clubs Community trust . As the ladies game started to develop the costs got a lot higher and the Trust did not have the funds to continue with it so it became it's own club away from the trust. i reckon this was about 8 years ago.

Since then it has been run by Dineen as chairman and Ian Owen as general manager. I know Dineen puts some funds in but haven't a clue how much. He does seem to go to all home and away games so seems like he is fully involved. They have become pretty successful of late hence the reason the club seem more involved.

The game at the stadium is a massive step for the ladies team and womens football in general in Wales.
The Ladies on 11:43 - Sep 6 with 1046 viewsJack_Kass

The Ladies on 11:33 - Sep 6 by shaggyrogers

I can give some context on this as have some good background information.

They aren't semi pro , they are amateur and are their own entity. They are not part of the club but represent them under an SLA. The club, i believe, give them kit, use of training facilities and in return the club get the benefit of using the players rights for their sponsorship deals and things.

The ladies originally were 'looked after ' by the clubs Community trust . As the ladies game started to develop the costs got a lot higher and the Trust did not have the funds to continue with it so it became it's own club away from the trust. i reckon this was about 8 years ago.

Since then it has been run by Dineen as chairman and Ian Owen as general manager. I know Dineen puts some funds in but haven't a clue how much. He does seem to go to all home and away games so seems like he is fully involved. They have become pretty successful of late hence the reason the club seem more involved.

The game at the stadium is a massive step for the ladies team and womens football in general in Wales.

Thanks for the insight.

So they really do take a miniscule % from the budget, to the horror of some.

The Ladies on 12:25 - Sep 6 with 995 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Ladies on 11:27 - Sep 6 by Jack_Kass

Good lord, are you really going to try and take this on? This is a low even for you, but I guess you haven't really tapped into the misogynistic marketplace yet. Make a thread about it.. go on?

Neither you nor I know the funding structure in place, but the ladies are a part of Swansea City as much as the men are, there are no 'own terms' to stand on, they stand together, that is clear from all communications.

Take what on? Nothing “low” about it at all, same as all my other common sense views. Which others are you referring to?

Alas, they are not just as much Swansea City as much as the men, it’s a different team.

That’s right, I don’t know the funding structure - but have never claimed to.

My point is simply that one team shouldn’t fund another. Whether it’s women funding men or men funding women - nothing misogynistic about that at all, my view is the same regardless of the genders.

I don’t think the women’s netball teams here in Australia (big televised sport) should fund any men’s version of the game either. That’s not me being misandrist (opposite of misogynist).

Simple as that.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Ladies on 12:29 - Sep 6 with 994 viewsJack_Kass

The Ladies on 12:25 - Sep 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Take what on? Nothing “low” about it at all, same as all my other common sense views. Which others are you referring to?

Alas, they are not just as much Swansea City as much as the men, it’s a different team.

That’s right, I don’t know the funding structure - but have never claimed to.

My point is simply that one team shouldn’t fund another. Whether it’s women funding men or men funding women - nothing misogynistic about that at all, my view is the same regardless of the genders.

I don’t think the women’s netball teams here in Australia (big televised sport) should fund any men’s version of the game either. That’s not me being misandrist (opposite of misogynist).

Simple as that.

So lets make it clear

You begrudge that the Ladies team are funded with kit and training facilities? as described by Shaggy in the post above
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 12:30]

The Ladies on 12:37 - Sep 6 with 974 viewspencoedjack

The Ladies on 12:29 - Sep 6 by Jack_Kass

So lets make it clear

You begrudge that the Ladies team are funded with kit and training facilities? as described by Shaggy in the post above
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 12:30]

Not often I agree with him but on this occasion I do.

I pay my ST money to watch Swansea City men's team, the academy I see as part of developing players to move into that team.

I have no interest in women's football other than if my granddaughter wants to take it up & Id pay to go watch her.
The Ladies on 12:41 - Sep 6 with 963 viewsJack_Kass

The Ladies on 12:37 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

Not often I agree with him but on this occasion I do.

I pay my ST money to watch Swansea City men's team, the academy I see as part of developing players to move into that team.

I have no interest in women's football other than if my granddaughter wants to take it up & Id pay to go watch her.

OK so the same question applies to yourself?

Do you have issues with the club supplying the Ladies team with kit and training facilities? in return of the value of 'sponsorship' rights as indicated, of which I would be surprised if was a huge amount.

You will need to get drafting your letter of complaint because whatever legal structure is in place at the moment, the two are getting closer together with every season, quite rightly so.

The ladies share social media space, the logo and to all extents and purposes they represent the club

All things considered, its not even 1% of the overall pie, do you begrudge them that?
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 12:42]

The Ladies on 12:54 - Sep 6 with 944 viewspencoedjack

The Ladies on 12:41 - Sep 6 by Jack_Kass

OK so the same question applies to yourself?

Do you have issues with the club supplying the Ladies team with kit and training facilities? in return of the value of 'sponsorship' rights as indicated, of which I would be surprised if was a huge amount.

You will need to get drafting your letter of complaint because whatever legal structure is in place at the moment, the two are getting closer together with every season, quite rightly so.

The ladies share social media space, the logo and to all extents and purposes they represent the club

All things considered, its not even 1% of the overall pie, do you begrudge them that?
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 12:42]

Yes I begrudge any money spent on anything I am unaware I am paying for.

I can go & watch Pencoed 2nds if I want to see football of a poor standard (although the standard is far better than any of the glimpses I have seen of women playing football).

For the record I also do not believe in pundits who have no idea of what's it like to play football at the standard of men on TV either.

Alex Scott was wonderful on strictly so she should stick to that or the One Show.

Grow the game the same way in which women have managed to do in golf & tennis.
Login to get fewer ads

The Ladies on 13:02 - Sep 6 with 932 viewsJack_Kass

The Ladies on 12:54 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

I can go & watch Pencoed 2nds if I want to see football of a poor standard (although the standard is far better than any of the glimpses I have seen of women playing football).

For the record I also do not believe in pundits who have no idea of what's it like to play football at the standard of men on TV either.

Alex Scott was wonderful on strictly so she should stick to that or the One Show.

Thanks for the honest answer, its fairly clear where your views lay.

Unfortunately for you, its against what the club stands for.

The Ladies on 13:04 - Sep 6 with 929 viewsJack_Kass

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/katy-hosford-get-goal-pitch-means-world-me

I'll just also leave this here.

Posted on Swanseacity.com 40 minutes ago

[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 13:29]

The Ladies on 13:29 - Sep 6 with 890 viewspencoedjack

The Ladies on 13:04 - Sep 6 by Jack_Kass

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/katy-hosford-get-goal-pitch-means-world-me

I'll just also leave this here.

Posted on Swanseacity.com 40 minutes ago

[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 13:29]

Well done Katy, you do know entry was free?

Excellent that we are playing additional games at the Liberty to pacify the woke lot.

It’s 4 quid to watch Wales tonight if you fancy the trip to Cardiff 👍
The Ladies on 13:39 - Sep 6 with 882 viewsBryanSwan

The Ladies on 12:54 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

It appears you know the cost of everything, but the value of nothing.
Do you also begrudge the clubs community programmes?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Ladies on 13:44 - Sep 6 with 874 viewsWhiterockin

The Ladies on 13:39 - Sep 6 by BryanSwan

It appears you know the cost of everything, but the value of nothing.
Do you also begrudge the clubs community programmes?

Such as this

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-proud-support-weeks-action-campaig
The Ladies on 13:59 - Sep 6 with 854 viewspencoedjack

The Ladies on 13:44 - Sep 6 by Whiterockin

Such as this

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-proud-support-weeks-action-campaig

Not at all

I think you are being a bit silly if you don't think that program & that of the promotion of women's football is totally different.
The Ladies on 14:08 - Sep 6 with 845 viewsfbreath

The Ladies on 13:29 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

Excellent that we are playing additional games at the Liberty to pacify the woke lot.

Have you checked if they paid the cost for electricity and heating for the day as that would have come out of your season ticket money as well.

Hope they checked water meter readings before and after the game as those showers don't get water from The Tawe.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The Ladies on 18:00 - Sep 6 with 773 viewsJack_Kass

The Ladies on 13:59 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

Not at all

I think you are being a bit silly if you don't think that program & that of the promotion of women's football is totally different.

What about the girls that participate in the community program?

Should they not be allowed to participate?

The Ladies on 18:09 - Sep 6 with 760 viewsGwyn737

The Ladies on 13:29 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

Is women’s football woke?

Blimey, I can’t keep up.
The Ladies on 19:39 - Sep 6 with 708 viewsKilkennyjack

The Ladies on 09:47 - Sep 6 by Jack_Kass

They are a semi-professional team who are either full time workers, students. They get f**k all in comparison to the men and play for the love of the game and pride of the club.

They ARE Swansea City as much as the men are.

Let's really not bring the site down with such a toxic argument over whether the 'men should be funding them', i's absolute peanuts in the scheme of things.

Dineen is involved but I dont know the exact details, he may be a defacto 'director'. Needs more clarity.

Well said Jack.

Shirley nobody can argue with that .. 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

The Ladies on 19:48 - Sep 6 with 692 viewsReslovenSwan1

If you set out on a long decade long journey it is better to see where you might end up. Trips to Croatia are not cheap flights and hotels.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/28508/12548450/usa-women-equal-pay-settl

Swansea city are a long way from the USA ladies but I am have been a fan of the club for 40 years myself. I support the ladies team and wish them well. In 40 years time i might think differently. Call them Abertawe play in white but keep them separate entities unless pay parity is something the owners are prepared to do down the line. You cannot discriminate between employees for doing the same job.

Bravo to to the ex director for chipping in. A unjustifiably much maligned figure by the fan base. Another 6 year legal battle.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 19:53]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Ladies on 19:53 - Sep 6 with 688 viewsKilkennyjack

Even the most miserable poster on here needs to realise that the FA banded womens football for 50 years, until early 1970s.

So you know what if they are getting a little bit of assistance now …,, then good, its way over due.

Also the next time our club is in the shite, then it might be the female business equivalent of jenkins and Morgan who step in to buy the club and save us.

So our club is absolutely doing the right thing supporting women’s football.
Our club is for everyone.

Our ex-players association already includes both male and female players.

With this support then the standard will also inprove. Win win.

Beware of the Risen People

The Ladies on 20:02 - Sep 6 with 677 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ladies on 19:53 - Sep 6 by Kilkennyjack

Even the most miserable poster on here needs to realise that the FA banded womens football for 50 years, until early 1970s.

So you know what if they are getting a little bit of assistance now …,, then good, its way over due.

Also the next time our club is in the shite, then it might be the female business equivalent of jenkins and Morgan who step in to buy the club and save us.

So our club is absolutely doing the right thing supporting women’s football.
Our club is for everyone.

Our ex-players association already includes both male and female players.

With this support then the standard will also inprove. Win win.

Also applaud the support as long as the women's team never become employees of Swansea city and subject to UK equal opportunity laws.

I am strongly against Team GB and all Welsh player should refuse to become trojan horses for Tory MPs that might want a unified UK team to offset Scottish nationalism.

No other players anywhere in the world can play for two flags. The Welsh women player should chose Wales or Team GB not both.

The Ladies on 20:08 - Sep 6 with 664 viewsSirjohnalot

The Ladies on 20:02 - Sep 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Also applaud the support as long as the women's team never become employees of Swansea city and subject to UK equal opportunity laws.

I am strongly against Team GB and all Welsh player should refuse to become trojan horses for Tory MPs that might want a unified UK team to offset Scottish nationalism.

No other players anywhere in the world can play for two flags. The Welsh women player should chose Wales or Team GB not both.

Chance of becoming an Olympian or play for the British lions ? I’d jump at the chance.
The Ladies on 20:24 - Sep 6 with 644 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ladies on 20:08 - Sep 6 by Sirjohnalot

Chance of becoming an Olympian or play for the British lions ? I’d jump at the chance.

The British lions does not exist. It is the British and Irish lions of course. (not meaning to pull you up on this oversight) . Joint British and Irish team cannot go to the olympics. (not allowed).

Tommy Bowe would like Stacey John Davis (in my opinion) should be obliged to pick between Wales (or Ireland in Tommy's case) or Team GB in the Olympics.

The British Lions has lost its lustre and was engaged in supporting apartheid in past decades when 40 white men went to play white skinned only sport. As far as I know none have ever apologised and some have passed on. This was about not mixing africans and sport not politics and sport.

Welsh Rugby needs to empty their cupboard of skeletons and make a public apology for past errors of judgement.

I say no to British exceptionalism. (we can play for two flags concurrently 1 +(1 of 4) and the rest of the world only one. It is not fair.

The Ladies on 20:39 - Sep 6 with 621 viewsSirjohnalot

The Ladies on 20:24 - Sep 6 by ReslovenSwan1

The British lions does not exist. It is the British and Irish lions of course. (not meaning to pull you up on this oversight) . Joint British and Irish team cannot go to the olympics. (not allowed).

Tommy Bowe would like Stacey John Davis (in my opinion) should be obliged to pick between Wales (or Ireland in Tommy's case) or Team GB in the Olympics.

The British Lions has lost its lustre and was engaged in supporting apartheid in past decades when 40 white men went to play white skinned only sport. As far as I know none have ever apologised and some have passed on. This was about not mixing africans and sport not politics and sport.

Welsh Rugby needs to empty their cupboard of skeletons and make a public apology for past errors of judgement.

I say no to British exceptionalism. (we can play for two flags concurrently 1 +(1 of 4) and the rest of the world only one. It is not fair.

Appreciate its B&I Lions was just easier to type. Completely agree about touring SA during apartheid. Botham refused saying he’d never be able to look into his best friend Viv Richards’ eyes again if he went. It did help the black community as they fully supported the Lions but they should never have gone.

Can’t agree it’s lost it’s lustre it still incredibly important and ‘the Everest’ of any professional rugby player. I was going to SA till COVID happened. 97 series, beating Oz and drawing v NZ still some of the best performances by a British team.

GB plays in the Olympics, it’s on every 4 years, don’t understand why it would be a problem, 4 teams coming together. British mens team would be brilliant.

I’m Welsh and British, don’t particularly see the difference. In reality everyday people are the same as the French, the Spanish, the Afghans, we’re all trying to get by.
The Ladies on 20:46 - Sep 6 with 606 viewspencoedjack

Nice to see so many lovers of the woman's game & proper Welsh mats couldn’t be arsed to travel to Cardiff to watch the national team this evening.

£4 to get in.

Should be ashamed of yourselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024