Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ladies 22:43 - Sep 4 with 5564 viewsbuilthjack

Had a good crowd watching today. Over 1400.
Decent.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Ladies on 20:48 - Sep 6 with 881 viewsGwyn737

The Ladies on 20:46 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

Nice to see so many lovers of the woman's game & proper Welsh mats couldn’t be arsed to travel to Cardiff to watch the national team this evening.

£4 to get in.

Should be ashamed of yourselves.

And the woke. Don’t forget them.
The Ladies on 20:55 - Sep 6 with 867 viewsBryanSwan

The Ladies on 20:48 - Sep 6 by Gwyn737

He's a fellow who is best off ignored, leave him to shout in his little echo chamber.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Ladies on 20:57 - Sep 6 with 853 viewsSirjohnalot

The Ladies on 20:48 - Sep 6 by Gwyn737

The wonderful irony is the Daily Mail is the biggest, snowflake, woke of the lot, front page dedicated to a comedian being horrid about Truss

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Ladies on 21:12 - Sep 6 with 830 viewsGwyn737

The Ladies on 20:55 - Sep 6 by BryanSwan

He's a fellow who is best off ignored, leave him to shout in his little echo chamber.

I like a lot of Pencoed’s stuff. We just happen to be on a different page on this.
The Ladies on 21:13 - Sep 6 with 827 viewsGwyn737

The Ladies on 20:57 - Sep 6 by Sirjohnalot

The wonderful irony is the Daily Mail is the biggest, snowflake, woke of the lot, front page dedicated to a comedian being horrid about Truss

This post has been edited by an administrator

It’s priceless, isn’t it 🤣
The Ladies on 21:30 - Sep 6 with 796 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ladies on 20:39 - Sep 6 by Sirjohnalot

Appreciate its B&I Lions was just easier to type. Completely agree about touring SA during apartheid. Botham refused saying he’d never be able to look into his best friend Viv Richards’ eyes again if he went. It did help the black community as they fully supported the Lions but they should never have gone.

Can’t agree it’s lost it’s lustre it still incredibly important and ‘the Everest’ of any professional rugby player. I was going to SA till COVID happened. 97 series, beating Oz and drawing v NZ still some of the best performances by a British team.

GB plays in the Olympics, it’s on every 4 years, don’t understand why it would be a problem, 4 teams coming together. British mens team would be brilliant.

I’m Welsh and British, don’t particularly see the difference. In reality everyday people are the same as the French, the Spanish, the Afghans, we’re all trying to get by.

You are in the legal profession. Precedent is a big thing in that business from what I know. (a lot less that you for sure) .

So before London 2012 (a special case) can you give me an precedence for two team or more playing under the same flag in FIFA competitions concurrently.? It is British exceptionalism. "We are a special case".

Russia for example could stir the pot and point out it is unfair that Team GB does this and call a vote to unify all the British teams. I see the womens game and its dalliance with Team GB (few true fans are interested in) as a 'trojan horse'. All Welsh players should renounce Team GB. We have Cymru one team is enough for the rest of the World. The view of individual players are less than the values of the team.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 21:31]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Ladies on 21:31 - Sep 6 with 795 viewspencoedjack

The Ladies on 21:12 - Sep 6 by Gwyn737

I like a lot of Pencoed’s stuff. We just happen to be on a different page on this.

Bryan & Killy are a bit disgruntled that I ignore them, like puppies by my feet craving attention.

It’s a forum fella we can disagree although I’m normally right

Nobody bothered answering why they are not watching the national team live tonight which says a lot.
The Ladies on 21:38 - Sep 6 with 786 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ladies on 21:31 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

Bryan & Killy are a bit disgruntled that I ignore them, like puppies by my feet craving attention.

Nobody bothered answering why they are not watching the national team live tonight which says a lot.

The Welsh women team have not renounced the odious Team GB which would see the Welsh team amalgamated with Team GB by the natural processes of evolution. This team is effectively run by the FA from St Georges Park.

Team GB has benefitted est Ham United football team (in London) with the below market value gift of Lord Coe and his Conservative an Unionist Party chums. Swansea led by the "failed roofer could compete with the Hammers until they cuddled up to the Tory big shots for a very nice "hand me down". They love a union jack down Stratford way with its ready to go railway station and cable cars.

Login to get fewer ads

The Ladies on 21:46 - Sep 6 with 754 viewsSirjohnalot

The Ladies on 21:30 - Sep 6 by ReslovenSwan1

You are in the legal profession. Precedent is a big thing in that business from what I know. (a lot less that you for sure) .

So before London 2012 (a special case) can you give me an precedence for two team or more playing under the same flag in FIFA competitions concurrently.? It is British exceptionalism. "We are a special case".

Russia for example could stir the pot and point out it is unfair that Team GB does this and call a vote to unify all the British teams. I see the womens game and its dalliance with Team GB (few true fans are interested in) as a 'trojan horse'. All Welsh players should renounce Team GB. We have Cymru one team is enough for the rest of the World. The view of individual players are less than the values of the team.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 21:31]

Ah ok, your point is specifically in relation to the football Olympics as opposed to Team GB as a whole enterprise ? It’s a fist point but we play, I think, as Team GB in the rugby 7s too, and as separate nations in the commonwealth games.

I don’t know, but do fifa have anything to do with the olympics ?

I don’t think you can impose your views and say ‘all welsh players should renounce GB’ I see myself as British as much as Welsh. Those who don’t can refuse to play
The Ladies on 21:53 - Sep 6 with 730 viewsBoundy

The Ladies on 13:29 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

Well done Katy, you do know entry was free?

Excellent that we are playing additional games at the Liberty to pacify the woke lot.

It’s 4 quid to watch Wales tonight if you fancy the trip to Cardiff 👍

I don't believe it would have cost you anything to watch the U21s . My view is their representing the Club and the City , we have enough outsiders having a go at us so its good to see them being successful and hopefully as we've seen helped to grow the women's game ,(its big enough for both genders )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Ladies on 21:57 - Sep 6 with 718 viewsBryanSwan

The Ladies on 21:31 - Sep 6 by pencoedjack

This is an internet forum, you are a stranger who i do not know. I don't quite understand the grandiose opinions that you have of yourself.

I don't watch womens football, that is my personal choice. I also think womens football is fantastic for all the girls out there and gives them fantastic role models playing for their local team and indeed national team tonight.

As for being normally right, yes you are normally pretty far right....

The Ladies on 21:58 - Sep 6 with 717 viewsWhiterockin

Not Swansea ladies related but Switzerland ladies beat Moldova ladies 15-0 tonight 4 players scored hatricks.
The Ladies on 22:02 - Sep 6 with 704 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ladies on 21:46 - Sep 6 by Sirjohnalot

Ah ok, your point is specifically in relation to the football Olympics as opposed to Team GB as a whole enterprise ? It’s a fist point but we play, I think, as Team GB in the rugby 7s too, and as separate nations in the commonwealth games.

I don’t know, but do fifa have anything to do with the olympics ?

I don’t think you can impose your views and say ‘all welsh players should renounce GB’ I see myself as British as much as Welsh. Those who don’t can refuse to play

You keep referring to rugby. It is a different sport. Olympic football competitions are run by FIFA because they are professional players notionally loaned to the IOC.

I asked you what other countries can play in FIFA competition for more than one team concurrently. The answer is none.

FIFA runs the world cup in Qatar and the Olympics where ever that will be. (After the Chinese IOC asked Putin not i to invade Ukraine before their winter Olympics closing ceremony I have had enough of that crowd.)

Someone in Angola at the instigation of Putin could demand that this legal loophole is closed. The FAW should already ask its players to chose one or the other. I have no objection for Welsh women to play for Team GB but they need to renounce Cymru.

The Ladies on 22:29 - Sep 6 with 665 viewsSirjohnalot

The Ladies on 22:02 - Sep 6 by ReslovenSwan1

You keep referring to rugby. It is a different sport. Olympic football competitions are run by FIFA because they are professional players notionally loaned to the IOC.

I asked you what other countries can play in FIFA competition for more than one team concurrently. The answer is none.

FIFA runs the world cup in Qatar and the Olympics where ever that will be. (After the Chinese IOC asked Putin not i to invade Ukraine before their winter Olympics closing ceremony I have had enough of that crowd.)

Someone in Angola at the instigation of Putin could demand that this legal loophole is closed. The FAW should already ask its players to chose one or the other. I have no objection for Welsh women to play for Team GB but they need to renounce Cymru.

I have to disagree that as long as the chicle is there for both they should be able to do so. We’re going to disagree but you do raise some very interesting points, certainly worth thinking about
The Ladies on 23:35 - Sep 6 with 627 viewsKilkennyjack

The Ladies on 20:02 - Sep 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Also applaud the support as long as the women's team never become employees of Swansea city and subject to UK equal opportunity laws.

I am strongly against Team GB and all Welsh player should refuse to become trojan horses for Tory MPs that might want a unified UK team to offset Scottish nationalism.

No other players anywhere in the world can play for two flags. The Welsh women player should chose Wales or Team GB not both.

You are spot on mate, Team GB is simply made up nonsense.
We are welsh and thats that.

To risk over 100 years of welsh international football as an independent nation is ignorant and selfish in equal measure, so it sort of suited Giggs.

And the international football passion around Cymru is 10 times a made up Team GB.

Why would you stand there for GSTQ not signing, whilst the English players sing.
Its really just England as you say.
As welsh people it is too big an ask, we disappear- for English people who believe that the uk is England anyway then i guess they are happy in their ignorance.

Totally agree with you.

Say no to Team GB.

Beware of the Risen People

The Ladies on 05:45 - Sep 7 with 597 viewslewisjack

The Ladies on 17:48 - Sep 5 by shaggyrogers

Steph is it ? She is a solid centre half. She got turned for the opener i think but a really decent player

The Swans left winger has a wand of a right foot,Steph was was forcing her on to the left foot ,turns out to be a wand aswell 🙈.....Oops.
Steph played right back on Sunday ( players missing),difficult task for an out and out Centre Back 👍.

Magnus Maximus

The Ladies on 06:26 - Sep 7 with 576 viewsSirjohnalot

The Ladies on 23:35 - Sep 6 by Kilkennyjack

You are spot on mate, Team GB is simply made up nonsense.
We are welsh and thats that.

To risk over 100 years of welsh international football as an independent nation is ignorant and selfish in equal measure, so it sort of suited Giggs.

And the international football passion around Cymru is 10 times a made up Team GB.

Why would you stand there for GSTQ not signing, whilst the English players sing.
Its really just England as you say.
As welsh people it is too big an ask, we disappear- for English people who believe that the uk is England anyway then i guess they are happy in their ignorance.

Totally agree with you.

Say no to Team GB.

But a lot of welsh people would sing GSTQ as it’s the British anthem. You’ve seen welsh athletes in the Olympics, Katherine Jenkins etc, is the British anthem.

Forgive me, I genuinely don’t understand. I accept and respect your obvious love of Wales but don’t know why it can’t extend to Britain. Despite its faults, it’s still (just) a great country
The Ladies on 07:59 - Sep 7 with 546 viewsBoundy

The Ladies on 06:26 - Sep 7 by Sirjohnalot

But a lot of welsh people would sing GSTQ as it’s the British anthem. You’ve seen welsh athletes in the Olympics, Katherine Jenkins etc, is the British anthem.

Forgive me, I genuinely don’t understand. I accept and respect your obvious love of Wales but don’t know why it can’t extend to Britain. Despite its faults, it’s still (just) a great country

That’s the problem we’ve seen over the centuries, when rabid nationalism often leads to a more sinister connotation without any credible evidence to back it up , nazis v Jews for example

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Ladies on 08:05 - Sep 7 with 543 viewsBryanSwan

The Ladies on 06:26 - Sep 7 by Sirjohnalot

I think it is down to peoples views and personal preference.
I am Welsh, so why would i want any other anthem? It would be like saying every group of countries should have a joint anthem, i don't think many would be on board with that. Especially if said anthem was just the anthem of one of the other countries.
Maybe athletes should be allowed to choose.

The Ladies on 08:33 - Sep 7 with 514 viewsSirjohnalot

The Ladies on 08:05 - Sep 7 by BryanSwan

I am Welsh, so why would i want any other anthem? It would be like saying every group of countries should have a joint anthem, i don't think many would be on board with that. Especially if said anthem was just the anthem of one of the other countries.

May I ask have you always lived in Wales ? Only reason I ask is I wonder if it makes a difference? I live in Wales for around 21 years and have lived in England slightly longer. I feel Welsh and British, and to be honest, if someone referred to me as English, it wouldn’t particularly bother me. I’d probably correct them if the opportunity arose, but it wouldn’t be a issue,

GTSQ is our anthem, it’s a fact that we’re British so it does represent us. Would it make a difference if the English anthem was Jerusalem eg (in athletics that is the case) in my opinion a brilliant hymn

There aren’t any other countries that are a collective like ours. We are unique as a matter of geographical history. I’ve always been cautious of nationalist fervour. Be it from the tub thumping Cabinet who can’t appear on tv without at least 26 Union flags or the SNP Welsh nationalists. It is what has brought us brexit.

There’s far more that unites us than divides us,
The Ladies on 09:46 - Sep 7 with 496 viewsBryanSwan

The Ladies on 08:33 - Sep 7 by Sirjohnalot

May I ask have you always lived in Wales ? Only reason I ask is I wonder if it makes a difference? I live in Wales for around 21 years and have lived in England slightly longer. I feel Welsh and British, and to be honest, if someone referred to me as English, it wouldn’t particularly bother me. I’d probably correct them if the opportunity arose, but it wouldn’t be a issue,

GTSQ is our anthem, it’s a fact that we’re British so it does represent us. Would it make a difference if the English anthem was Jerusalem eg (in athletics that is the case) in my opinion a brilliant hymn

There aren’t any other countries that are a collective like ours. We are unique as a matter of geographical history. I’ve always been cautious of nationalist fervour. Be it from the tub thumping Cabinet who can’t appear on tv without at least 26 Union flags or the SNP Welsh nationalists. It is what has brought us brexit.

There’s far more that unites us than divides us,

Barring a few brief spells for the most part I have lived in Wales.
You are more than entitled to feel as you do, as I am to feel more or less the opposite. It is your identity and you are the one who gets to say what that is.
Even if i were to consider myself british the monarchist anthem wouldn't exactly endear itself to me haha.
Maybe the individual athletes should be allowed to choose, would be a pretty sensible idea.

The Ladies on 11:05 - Sep 7 with 471 viewsSirjohnalot

The Ladies on 09:46 - Sep 7 by BryanSwan

Barring a few brief spells for the most part I have lived in Wales.
You are more than entitled to feel as you do, as I am to feel more or less the opposite. It is your identity and you are the one who gets to say what that is.
Even if i were to consider myself british the monarchist anthem wouldn't exactly endear itself to me haha.
Maybe the individual athletes should be allowed to choose, would be a pretty sensible idea.

Completely agree. Brilliant response
The Ladies on 15:43 - Sep 7 with 428 viewsKilkennyjack

The Ladies on 07:59 - Sep 7 by Boundy

That’s the problem we’ve seen over the centuries, when rabid nationalism often leads to a more sinister connotation without any credible evidence to back it up , nazis v Jews for example

Are you calling out Britishness … 🇬🇧 ?

The Ladies on 15:44 - Sep 7 with 427 viewsKilkennyjack

The Ladies on 08:05 - Sep 7 by BryanSwan

Exactly.

The Ladies on 15:55 - Sep 7 with 421 viewspencoedjack

A thread that started with the Welsh women's football should hang onto the coattails of England's success ends up hating everything English/British.

What a bunch of clowns (some of) these Welsh nationalists are.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 15:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024