Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ukraine 23:51 - Sep 9 with 77769 viewsMrSheen

Posted with some trepidation as I know Clive doesn’t like multis. Understandably overlooked by the national media, but it seems like the Russians are completely caving in, rope-a-doped as effectively as von Paulus in 1942. Who knows what this might lead to?
Ukraine on 11:07 - Feb 10 with 3030 viewsrobith

Me every time this thread gets a new lease of life

Ukraine on 13:02 - Feb 10 with 2949 viewsHayesender

Ukraine on 14:31 - Feb 9 by R_from_afar

I really don't see how it can be a bad thing to show empathy for people whose country has been ravaged by war. Empathy is one of the things which makes us human.

Friends have a Ukrainian lodging with them and I was really moved by their kindness.

Yeah yeah, all well and good, but can we not just watch a game of football without all the political posturing for a while.

I, as most fans I'd expect, go to football on a weekend to try to get away from the weekly crap and inhumane injustices around the world!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ukraine on 13:06 - Feb 10 with 2932 viewsSonofpugwash

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fom05qLWAAEHXpD?format=jpg&name=medium

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ukraine on 09:59 - Feb 21 with 2705 viewsJuzzie

Sorry everyone for bringing this to the top again but I'm listening to Putin's annual State of the Nation (sic) speech and he's is, unsurprisingly, still coming out with the same old tired rhetoric.

- The west started the war, Russia is using force to defend itself, and is totally responsible for the escalation of the war
- Russia must defend it's identity, the existence of the country is at stake (really!?)
- Something about true family values (I missed it but seemed anti-gay)
- Russia has tried to end the war peacefully (shoot to kill)
- Ukraine and western Europe is full of nazi's (still fking going on about nazi's)
- World War II (blah blah blah)
- Ukraine is really Russia
- Nazi's
- starting a program to rebuild Donbas [audience applause] (no doubt in a pro-Russian manner. So you fking well should, if you hadn't bombed the schit out of it there would no need to be anything to rebuild)
- Russian is being blamed for everything (well, yes)
- Nazi's
- It's impossible to defat our country on the battlefield (funny that cos there isn't a war going on in Russian land)
- West has cynically deceived its people
- Ukraine was waiting for Russia to come to their assistance (pmsl!)
- The West's aim is to make Russian people suffer (Putin seems to have done a good job of that himself without anyone else's help)
- Nazi's
- West seeks to escalate the situation to a global one (well, get the fk out of Donbas then)
- Majority of Russians support defending Donbas (yeah, but the people of Donbas, 80% Ukranian, don't want you there)
- West's weapons support forces us to move away from the border (yes, that's the idea. A chink of admission of some defeat?)
- Only USA has a large number of military bases globally (well, that bit is true at least)
- People of Ukraine are hostages to the regime of Kyiv and the West

And on it goes.......

This Friday, February 24th, will be interesting.
Ukraine on 10:25 - Feb 21 with 2608 viewsSonofpugwash

And so it goes on indeed.Sleepy Joe takes time off to visit Ukraine,pledges billions of Dollars in support yet denies State help to the ecological disaster in Ohio......until Donald Trump announces he will visit the stricken area and then there's an immediate about-face.

Ukraine on 10:33 - Feb 21 with 2574 viewsJuzzie

Ukraine on 10:25 - Feb 21 by Sonofpugwash

And so it goes on indeed.Sleepy Joe takes time off to visit Ukraine,pledges billions of Dollars in support yet denies State help to the ecological disaster in Ohio......until Donald Trump announces he will visit the stricken area and then there's an immediate about-face.

Yeah, the almost media silence over Ohio is damning. If the US wants to come across as being transparent then they have to be transparent, warts 'n all.

The US (and the west) isn't perfect but nor is Russia and the east. Great, two blocs who really are just the same. "West are Nazi's" "east are commies". So what, both are as bad as each other and they just seem to be willy-waving as to who is the worst when really they should be trying to be the best.
Ukraine on 10:39 - Feb 21 with 2553 viewsSonofpugwash

Ukraine on 10:33 - Feb 21 by Juzzie

Yeah, the almost media silence over Ohio is damning. If the US wants to come across as being transparent then they have to be transparent, warts 'n all.

The US (and the west) isn't perfect but nor is Russia and the east. Great, two blocs who really are just the same. "West are Nazi's" "east are commies". So what, both are as bad as each other and they just seem to be willy-waving as to who is the worst when really they should be trying to be the best.

Yes,"different cheeks of the same arse" is how the saying goes.
In fact it's difficult to find any example of an incorruptible regime anywhere....wracks brains.....nope,can't think of one.

Ukraine on 17:15 - Feb 21 with 2357 viewsjohnhoop

Ukraine on 10:25 - Feb 21 by Sonofpugwash

Yeah but for a bit of perspective I don’t think Biden has actually started bombing the schit out of the people of Ohio or raping their women.
Login to get fewer ads

Ukraine on 18:11 - Feb 21 with 2270 viewsRs_Holy

Ukraine on 09:59 - Feb 21 by Juzzie

Sorry everyone for bringing this to the top again but I'm listening to Putin's annual State of the Nation (sic) speech and he's is, unsurprisingly, still coming out with the same old tired rhetoric.

- The west started the war, Russia is using force to defend itself, and is totally responsible for the escalation of the war
- Russia must defend it's identity, the existence of the country is at stake (really!?)
- Something about true family values (I missed it but seemed anti-gay)
- Russia has tried to end the war peacefully (shoot to kill)
- Ukraine and western Europe is full of nazi's (still fking going on about nazi's)
- World War II (blah blah blah)
- Ukraine is really Russia
- Nazi's
- starting a program to rebuild Donbas [audience applause] (no doubt in a pro-Russian manner. So you fking well should, if you hadn't bombed the schit out of it there would no need to be anything to rebuild)
- Russian is being blamed for everything (well, yes)
- Nazi's
- It's impossible to defat our country on the battlefield (funny that cos there isn't a war going on in Russian land)
- West has cynically deceived its people
- Ukraine was waiting for Russia to come to their assistance (pmsl!)
- The West's aim is to make Russian people suffer (Putin seems to have done a good job of that himself without anyone else's help)
- Nazi's
- West seeks to escalate the situation to a global one (well, get the fk out of Donbas then)
- Majority of Russians support defending Donbas (yeah, but the people of Donbas, 80% Ukranian, don't want you there)
- West's weapons support forces us to move away from the border (yes, that's the idea. A chink of admission of some defeat?)
- Only USA has a large number of military bases globally (well, that bit is true at least)
- People of Ukraine are hostages to the regime of Kyiv and the West

And on it goes.......

This Friday, February 24th, will be interesting.

"We know they are lying. They know they are lying. They know that we know they are lying. We know that they know that we know they are lying. And still they continue to lie." –Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Ukraine on 18:26 - Feb 21 with 2225 viewsJuzzie

Ukraine on 18:11 - Feb 21 by Rs_Holy

"We know they are lying. They know they are lying. They know that we know they are lying. We know that they know that we know they are lying. And still they continue to lie." –Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Problem is there are probably around 100+ million Russian people who don’t think he’s lying.
Scary that someone can exert such a believable influence.
Those that do question it end up in the gulags.
Ukraine on 18:39 - Feb 21 with 2204 viewsQPR_John

Ukraine on 18:26 - Feb 21 by Juzzie

Problem is there are probably around 100+ million Russian people who don’t think he’s lying.

I think your third sentence answer why there are 100+ million Russian people who appear to believe him
Ukraine on 18:41 - Feb 21 with 2181 viewsqpr_1968

putin needs a good kick in the gulags

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Ukraine on 18:55 - Feb 21 with 2135 viewsjohnhoop

For all his multitude of faults I think Boris Johnson absolutely nailed it in that recent documentary series “Putin and the West”, when he said that Putin’s biggest regret is the breakup of the Soviet Empire as it was under Communism and his biggest motivation is to try to restore as much of it as possible.
Ukraine on 18:58 - Feb 21 with 2107 viewsSonofpugwash

Ukraine on 18:55 - Feb 21 by johnhoop

For all his multitude of faults I think Boris Johnson absolutely nailed it in that recent documentary series “Putin and the West”, when he said that Putin’s biggest regret is the breakup of the Soviet Empire as it was under Communism and his biggest motivation is to try to restore as much of it as possible.

Definitely a revenge thing - like Hitler post WW1.

Ukraine on 19:48 - Feb 21 with 1987 viewsSakura

Right wing guys like you Juzzie love war and will gobble up what you are told

You are a 'complicity theorist' and shove up your Gary whatever the establishment tells you to believe

Don't worry raise an eye brown about the Pelosi, Kerry (Devon Archer) or Biden links to Ukraine.

It's exactly like true journalists and true Left liberals like Assange described the goal of these wars is to wash money

https://mobile.twitter.com/LSB227/status/1598028544512516099

What did we achieve in Afghanistan?! Other than to wash tax payer money into the hands of the establishment

(Our lovely recently departed chancellor Zahawi Dad just coincidentally was the governor of Iraqs central bank. Funny how these politicians all link to war zones)

And now you fake brainwashed Liberals can't tolerate brown kids being blown up in your name to wash the tax money out the West you instead find the Nazi Azoz battalions dying far more palatable

Imagine if Russia where to do a coup as the Yanks did in 2014 in Ukraine but in Mexico to put their guy in power. Then put military basis out there

Complicity theorists like yourself aren't capable of critical thinking

[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 19:54]
Ukraine on 19:53 - Feb 21 with 1981 viewsSonofpugwash

Ukraine on 19:48 - Feb 21 by Sakura

Right wing guys like you Juzzie love war and will gobble up what you are told

You are a 'complicity theorist' and shove up your Gary whatever the establishment tells you to believe

Don't worry raise an eye brown about the Pelosi, Kerry (Devon Archer) or Biden links to Ukraine.

It's exactly like true journalists and true Left liberals like Assange described the goal of these wars is to wash money

https://mobile.twitter.com/LSB227/status/1598028544512516099

What did we achieve in Afghanistan?! Other than to wash tax payer money into the hands of the establishment

(Our lovely recently departed chancellor Zahawi Dad just coincidentally was the governor of Iraqs central bank. Funny how these politicians all link to war zones)

And now you fake brainwashed Liberals can't tolerate brown kids being blown up in your name to wash the tax money out the West you instead find the Nazi Azoz battalions dying far more palatable

Imagine if Russia where to do a coup as the Yanks did in 2014 in Ukraine but in Mexico to put their guy in power. Then put military basis out there

Complicity theorists like yourself aren't capable of critical thinking

[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 19:54]

Juzzie "Right Wing"?

Ukraine on 19:56 - Feb 21 with 1969 viewsSakura

Ukraine on 19:53 - Feb 21 by Sonofpugwash

Juzzie "Right Wing"?

He won't think that but he backs slinging working class lads to their death while the Political crime family's extort millions

He doesn't care about the working class. He definitely ain't left wing
Ukraine on 20:10 - Feb 21 with 1941 viewsJuzzie

Ukraine on 19:56 - Feb 21 by Sakura

He won't think that but he backs slinging working class lads to their death while the Political crime family's extort millions

He doesn't care about the working class. He definitely ain't left wing

PMSFL!!!!

Where on earth have i said i back “slinging working class lads to their death”??

I’m actually just left of centre on the whole but on some issues i’ve been right of centre and on other issues left of centre but I definitely am not right wing.

Edit:

“Complicity Theorist
(noun) - a person who accepts the political narrative of the day unquestionably; consumes mainstream media like it was 1980; and is prone to submissiveness, outbursts of irrational fear, and public shaming of free-thinkers.“

That is everything I am not. You’re clearly the clever one so what is the phrase for someone who thinks they know what they are talking about when actually they don’t have a clue?

[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 20:19]
Ukraine on 20:20 - Feb 21 with 1887 viewsSakura

Ukraine on 20:10 - Feb 21 by Juzzie

PMSFL!!!!

Where on earth have i said i back “slinging working class lads to their death”??

I’m actually just left of centre on the whole but on some issues i’ve been right of centre and on other issues left of centre but I definitely am not right wing.

Edit:

“Complicity Theorist
(noun) - a person who accepts the political narrative of the day unquestionably; consumes mainstream media like it was 1980; and is prone to submissiveness, outbursts of irrational fear, and public shaming of free-thinkers.“

That is everything I am not. You’re clearly the clever one so what is the phrase for someone who thinks they know what they are talking about when actually they don’t have a clue?

[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 20:19]

Don’t come on here warmongering with your blinkered view

Remember WMD’s remember David Kelly before you spout your propaganda
Ukraine on 20:23 - Feb 21 with 1883 viewsJuzzie

Warmongering????

Someone has clearly lost the plot. You’re just deliberately talking nonsense now just to provoke a reaction.
Ukraine on 20:44 - Feb 21 with 1837 viewsSakura

Ukraine on 20:23 - Feb 21 by Juzzie

Warmongering????

Someone has clearly lost the plot. You’re just deliberately talking nonsense now just to provoke a reaction.

I’d say it’s you who was trying to provoke a reaction with your one sided propaganda

David Kelly and WMD’s didn’t teach you and you are swallowing it again

But if they can convince you to wear an nappy on your face for no apparent benefit then they can convince you of anything
Ukraine on 21:41 - Feb 21 with 1764 viewsJuzzie

What’s David Kelly and WMD got to do with Putin and Ukraine?

Edit: if my propaganda is one sided, please give counter comments to Putin’s address today.

Edit edit: in your post above you put both “Right wing guys” and “fake brainwashed Liberals”. I’m lost… are you having a go at right wing or left wing, or just everybody?

[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 22:47]
Ukraine on 21:56 - Feb 21 with 1722 viewsCincyHoop

Ukraine on 17:15 - Feb 21 by johnhoop

Yeah but for a bit of perspective I don’t think Biden has actually started bombing the schit out of the people of Ohio or raping their women.

As probably the only resident of Ohio on the board, I can confirm your comments.
Ukraine on 07:43 - Feb 22 with 1445 viewsSakura

Ukraine on 21:41 - Feb 21 by Juzzie

What’s David Kelly and WMD got to do with Putin and Ukraine?

Edit: if my propaganda is one sided, please give counter comments to Putin’s address today.

Edit edit: in your post above you put both “Right wing guys” and “fake brainwashed Liberals”. I’m lost… are you having a go at right wing or left wing, or just everybody?

[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 22:47]

Getting a hard on for war is not a Left wing trait

Those who thought they were Left of centre like you no longer fit that. Instead you are just an establishment man or a ‘complicity theorist’

Isnt it a bit odd all the Democrat links to Ukraine. Hunter Biden being the most of obvious of the bunch

They lied us into war in the past and they have played a part in engineering this war since 2014. Or earlier as NATO expanded eastwards despite previous promises.

But as Assange said the goal is to have endless war. Not a successful war and now it's Ukraine's turn as the Complicity theorist/ establishment fan boys are a bit more sensitive to seeing brown baby's getting limbs blown off so now you get all hot and heavy at the prospect of poor skin head white lads killing each other

And you swallow propaganda that Eastern sections of Ukraine (coincidentally where much off the rare Earth metals are) don't have any preference towards Russia. Same as you believe David Kelly killed himself and they weren't lying about WMD's and if you don't believe that maybe you should question some of the narratives you are being fed that's getting you so hot around topic of war and death of many thousands of people. It's perverse the excitement you're getting on this topic

Ukraine on 09:13 - Feb 22 with 1319 viewsRs_Holy

Ukraine on 07:43 - Feb 22 by Sakura

Getting a hard on for war is not a Left wing trait

Those who thought they were Left of centre like you no longer fit that. Instead you are just an establishment man or a ‘complicity theorist’

Isnt it a bit odd all the Democrat links to Ukraine. Hunter Biden being the most of obvious of the bunch

They lied us into war in the past and they have played a part in engineering this war since 2014. Or earlier as NATO expanded eastwards despite previous promises.

But as Assange said the goal is to have endless war. Not a successful war and now it's Ukraine's turn as the Complicity theorist/ establishment fan boys are a bit more sensitive to seeing brown baby's getting limbs blown off so now you get all hot and heavy at the prospect of poor skin head white lads killing each other

And you swallow propaganda that Eastern sections of Ukraine (coincidentally where much off the rare Earth metals are) don't have any preference towards Russia. Same as you believe David Kelly killed himself and they weren't lying about WMD's and if you don't believe that maybe you should question some of the narratives you are being fed that's getting you so hot around topic of war and death of many thousands of people. It's perverse the excitement you're getting on this topic

It’s all getting a bit personal now and I can see Clive shelving this thread if we don't become a bit more civilised. It’s a shame because I love this type of thread on Loft For Words and it’s what separates it from other footy message boards.
I think you are incorrect on a number of matters Sakura (but thats my opinion so you are not going to agree with me... fair enough).
I'm supposed to be working so can’t spend too much time on this, but one comment in particular got my attention.
"And you swallow propaganda that Eastern sections of Ukraine (coincidentally where much off the rare Earth metals are) don't have any preference towards Russia"... You are wrong on that one. Everyone I know recognises that the Donbass, Luhansk and Crimea are the most pro Russian part of Ukraine. But they are still part of Ukraine as per the genuine vote for Ukrainian independence in 1991 (56% of Crimeans voted in favour despite 75% of that regions population being Russian).
Please don't mention the phoney independence elections at the at the end of last year in the Donbas and Luhansk. How the hell can anyone take the Donbas one seriously when a large part of the region was still Ukrainian and didn't get to vote?
Might get back to other points you raised later.... If this thread is still doing the rounds.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 9:19]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024