Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread 13:36 - Dec 16 with 5985 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s on Sunday at 3pm.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:23 - Dec 18 with 1042 viewsGwyn737

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 19:09 - Dec 18 by Fireboy2

Yes but the messi v pele debate will never be done.

It’s Maradonna for me, FB.
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:29 - Dec 18 with 1027 viewsWhiterockin

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:23 - Dec 18 by Gwyn737

Pele
Messi
Maradona

In that order for me, Ronaldo comes nowhere close.
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:45 - Dec 18 with 972 viewsKilkennyjack

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:29 - Dec 18 by Whiterockin

Pele
Messi
Maradona

In that order for me, Ronaldo comes nowhere close.

2. Pele

3. Messi

But you could make a good case for anyway around.

Beware of the Risen People

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:57 - Dec 18 with 948 viewsonehunglow

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:45 - Dec 18 by Kilkennyjack

2. Pele

3. Messi

But you could make a good case for anyway around.

I agree with that
However ,as an icon,Pele stands alone and always will

Messi has nowhere near his charisma

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:59 - Dec 18 with 943 viewsFireboy2

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:23 - Dec 18 by Gwyn737

Sorry gwyn but maradona though a great player was a charlatan, a cheat and a druggie, for that he doesn't get In my group of world greats.
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:09 - Dec 18 with 931 viewsGwyn737

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 20:59 - Dec 18 by Fireboy2

Sorry gwyn but maradona though a great player was a charlatan, a cheat and a druggie, for that he doesn't get In my group of world greats.

I’m a sucker for a flawed genius 😉

*see also practically any musician and writer I love.
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:11 - Dec 18 with 926 viewsFireboy2

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:09 - Dec 18 by Gwyn737

I’m a sucker for a flawed genius 😉

*see also practically any musician and writer I love.

Haha fair enough mate 👌
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:26 - Dec 18 with 896 viewsKeithHaynes

First proper World Cup final hatrick I’ve seen in my time watching football.

Login to get fewer ads

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:27 - Dec 18 with 896 viewsDr_Winston

Just one example is Andres Iniesta.

Nine Spanish Leagues
Four Champions Leagues
Three Club World Cups
Two UEFA Super Cups
One World Cup
Two European Championships

Why in the name of all that is holy would a Coke addled Argentinian shortarse cheat have a claim on the title of best ever player against a record of achievement like that?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:31 - Dec 18 with 884 viewsmax936

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:27 - Dec 18 by Dr_Winston

Nine Spanish Leagues
Four Champions Leagues
Three Club World Cups
Two UEFA Super Cups
One World Cup

Why in the name of all that is holy would a Coke addled Argentinian shortarse cheat have a claim on the title of best ever player against a record of achievement like that?

At a guess, I'd say you're wasn't fused on Maradona then

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:34 - Dec 18 with 881 viewsDr_Winston

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:31 - Dec 18 by max936

At a guess, I'd say you're wasn't fused on Maradona then

He was a great player, but I've never understood why so many people insist that he was one of the best of all time. There are dozens of players who all achieved more whilst also being key to their teams success.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:51 - Dec 18 with 855 viewsFireboy2

Nine Spanish Leagues
Four Champions Leagues
Three Club World Cups
Two UEFA Super Cups
One World Cup

Unbelievable CV Doc
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 23:08 - Dec 18 with 811 viewsdemonk

Because he won world Cup practically on his own and then took an average side napoli to win league which is like Ronaldo going to a west ham or Palace and winning the prem. On your stats there on inesta could practically change the name to busqets. All won with same team.
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 02:57 - Dec 19 with 737 viewsDJack

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 19:35 - Dec 18 by Fireboy2

And me.

Nope.

Lionel is the one.

A tax cheat versus a drug addled handball cheat...it's close but not close enough.

Both had great ballskills but Messi is best

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 06:41 - Dec 19 with 689 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 23:08 - Dec 18 by demonk

Because he won world Cup practically on his own and then took an average side napoli to win league which is like Ronaldo going to a west ham or Palace and winning the prem. On your stats there on inesta could practically change the name to busqets. All won with same team.

Yes. Maradona is right up there with other sporting legends like lance Armstrong, Ben Johnson and that bloke who won the 1904 St Louis marathon after getting in a car for most of the race.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 07:05 - Dec 19 with 684 viewsDr_Winston

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 21:51 - Dec 18 by Fireboy2

Unbelievable CV Doc

Yep. And there are plenty of others I'd rate higher.

Paulo Maldini would be further up a list of all time great players than Maradona for me.

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 09:17 - Dec 19 with 607 viewsBadlands

Nine Spanish Leagues
Four Champions Leagues
Three Club World Cups
Two UEFA Super Cups
One World Cup

Shhh don’t mention the tax.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 12:18 - Dec 19 with 540 viewsKeithHaynes

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 14:10 - Dec 19 with 512 viewsBoundy

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 12:18 - Dec 19 by KeithHaynes

worth every penny ,just for the wind up factor

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 14:14 - Dec 19 with 506 viewsonehunglow

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 14:10 - Dec 19 by Boundy

worth every penny ,just for the wind up factor

I’ve already forgotten about the Wales “ effort”
England too seemingly forgetting too,and last night showed how much they are behind the top nations in football.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 14:38 - Dec 19 with 497 viewsGwyn737

On a different note…

How good was the referee’s performance yesterday?

An absolute masterclass under the biggest pressure.
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 14:53 - Dec 19 with 488 viewsDr_Winston

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 14:38 - Dec 19 by Gwyn737

On a different note…

Definitely. Having the stones to book the French player for diving and actually being right about it under pressure like that was top, top class officiating.

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 15:25 - Dec 19 with 468 viewslifelong

The Argies keeper got a bit excited about winning the Golden Glove.
Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 15:38 - Dec 19 with 465 viewsSTID2017

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 15:25 - Dec 19 by lifelong

The Argies keeper got a bit excited about winning the Golden Glove.

Should have picked up a red card for cheating during the penalties

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 17:31 - Dec 19 with 435 viewsKilkennyjack

Argentina v France : World Cup Final Thread on 14:38 - Dec 19 by Gwyn737

On a different note…

He was outstanding.
As a result we got a fantastic game.

Well done mr referee. 🫡

Beware of the Risen People

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024