Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The right to strike 16:06 - Jan 13 with 3837 viewsCountyJim

A basic human right this government is low life
The right to strike on 21:27 - Jan 13 with 786 viewsBadgeman

The right to strike on 21:00 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

So going on strike will fix it ?

Proper “what have the romans ever done for us” moment lol. Going on strike is why tomorrow is the weekend and not another day shovelling shit for tuppance.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

The right to strike on 21:28 - Jan 13 with 786 viewsFlashberryjack

The right to strike on 21:10 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

If pay fixes recruitment and retention it would definitely help.

I'm sure there are many workers that need a raise in wages, but they haven't got the muscle power to hold the government and the country to ransom.

Striking is not the answer, with saw that with our car building industry.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The right to strike on 21:30 - Jan 13 with 782 viewsGwyn737

The right to strike on 21:28 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

I'm sure there are many workers that need a raise in wages, but they haven't got the muscle power to hold the government and the country to ransom.

Was there a massive shortage of workers in the car industry meaning it didn’t work properly?
The right to strike on 21:42 - Jan 13 with 767 viewsmajorraglan

This government are trying to turn the clock back and trying to turn us all in to serfs and peasants, wages have been eroded for years and rights are being away meanwhile the government tries to make itself more unaccountable.
The right to strike on 21:59 - Jan 13 with 738 viewsmax936

The right to strike on 17:06 - Jan 13 by CountyJim

Evening

From what I've been told minimum staffing levels have been missed even before the strikes but this government doesn't like telling us that

This is 100% true Shapps is a disgusting piece of work and utterly useless, I remember the lovely Suzannah Reid ripping him a new on on Good Morning Britain around 18 months ago, him and Gavin Williamson were and are like two peas in a pod when it comes to being useless, luckily Williamson was found up and dropped, just how Shapps is still a minister is a bit mystifying.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The right to strike on 22:00 - Jan 13 with 738 viewsFlashberryjack

The right to strike on 21:30 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

Was there a massive shortage of workers in the car industry meaning it didn’t work properly?

No, working practises, and the intransigence of union leaders made it difficult to run an efficient and productive industry, one of the reasons why we have a fraction of the car industry we once had.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The right to strike on 22:04 - Jan 13 with 732 viewsmax936

The right to strike on 16:57 - Jan 13 by SullutaCreturned

Do you want to risk that law spreading? How far will they go? Besides, a police strike would be different, the criminals get away with too much as it is.

The police are working with their hands tied behind their backs, its a thankless job. Everywhere they go people are there with their mobiles filming them.

I remember growing up in the 60's 70's and being very respectful and wary even of the Police, that respect isn't shown these days by the majority of people today.

The right to strike on 22:06 - Jan 13 with 729 viewsGwyn737

The right to strike on 22:00 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

No, working practises, and the intransigence of union leaders made it difficult to run an efficient and productive industry, one of the reasons why we have a fraction of the car industry we once had.

Those are very different reasons to the NHS strikes.

If we want the service we have to pay enough to recruit and retain.
Login to get fewer ads

The right to strike on 22:12 - Jan 13 with 725 viewsmax936

The right to strike on 20:57 - Jan 13 by SullutaCreturned

The government have to get the message and carrying on regardless just doesn't cut it.

This tory government was bad enough before Bojo came in but since he left it has managed to plumb new depths of stupidity. Truss cost this country billions and a European financial expert said (this morning on BBC breakfast) the main reason the Uk economy is still behind the rest of Europe is because of the starting point of the recovery and what happened in September...Truss and kwarteng. Without them we would be doing better.

Its fine for Sunak to say we can't afford things then hop on a plane instead of taking a car, how mucgh extra was the plane? We can always afford the extras for our politiciasn though.

I'm hardly a loony lefty, ask Builthy who has me down as a tory, but this government has it's thrid unelected Prime minister since Theresa may. We need a General Election and a government with a proper mandate from the country, not a government with a mandate from 60,000 tory members.

"I'm hardly a loony lefty, ask Builthy who has me down as a tory, but this government has it's thrid unelected Prime minister since Theresa may. We need a General Election and a government with a proper mandate from the country, not a government with a mandate from 60,000 tory members."

This 100%, trouble with elections is it elects a particular party and that party can change its leader as and when, without going back to the Country, that rule needs to change.

Its just come out that Bungle accepted a million pound donation for one thing or another, unbelievable.

The right to strike on 22:23 - Jan 13 with 714 viewsFireboy2

I've said it before and I will say it again, when people ballot to go on strike its their last option, this government have run down all public services because they do not like them, they want rid of them and I can honestly state that this government are doing absolutely nothing to stop the strikes, they are not bothered about the people who work in public services and more importantly they do not care about the public, they want to do as much damage, irreparable damage as possible as they know they are out after the next GE, they are a bunch of disgusting selfish b@stards who only want to look after and line the pockets of their own.
The right to strike on 22:29 - Jan 13 with 705 viewsmax936

The right to strike on 21:42 - Jan 13 by majorraglan

This government are trying to turn the clock back and trying to turn us all in to serfs and peasants, wages have been eroded for years and rights are being away meanwhile the government tries to make itself more unaccountable.

Excellent post, as per Majorraglan.

The right to strike on 22:59 - Jan 13 with 687 viewsSirjohnalot

They refused to speak to us, spread lies in the media, devastated our fees, striking was the only solution left, and it worked.

They agreed to increase the fees for defence barristers but aren’t doing it for prosecuting barristers in the same case.

They blamed us, they’re blaming, nurses, paramedics, train workers, soon they’ll,blame teachers and doctors.

There’s a common denominator here
The right to strike on 23:02 - Jan 13 with 677 viewsSirjohnalot

The right to strike on 17:08 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

I agree, there are some services that should not be allowed to strike.

Problem there is they’ll be treated like dirt and people will leave
The right to strike on 23:02 - Jan 13 with 676 viewsmax936

The right to strike on 22:59 - Jan 13 by Sirjohnalot

They refused to speak to us, spread lies in the media, devastated our fees, striking was the only solution left, and it worked.

They agreed to increase the fees for defence barristers but aren’t doing it for prosecuting barristers in the same case.

They blamed us, they’re blaming, nurses, paramedics, train workers, soon they’ll,blame teachers and doctors.

There’s a common denominator here

Yeah and we all know what that is, its a 6 letter word which starts with a T and ends with an S.

The right to strike on 00:28 - Jan 14 with 648 viewsBryanSwan

So would you rather they don't strike, wages and working conditions stay the same and 1000s quit? Because that is the point we are at.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The right to strike on 09:08 - Jan 14 with 630 viewsKilkennyjack

The right to strike on 21:42 - Jan 13 by majorraglan

Top post. Thank you.

Beware of the Risen People

The right to strike on 12:07 - Jan 14 with 580 viewsonehunglow

The right to strike on 23:02 - Jan 13 by Sirjohnalot

Problem there is they’ll be treated like dirt and people will leave

Police forces are haemorrhaging officers proving your point Conservatives all for the zoo life ? My arse Z no party has shafting the Police more
They know they can rely on goodwill or used to because now police officers have had enough

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The right to strike on 12:30 - Jan 14 with 567 viewsGwyn737

The perfect analogy:

The right to strike on 13:10 - Jan 14 with 544 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 22:00 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

This isn't about the intransigence or unions now though, this is about the intransigence of government.

They threw billions at PPE and a large chunk of it was lost to corruption and negligence but they aren't even trying to get it back because it went to their friends and allies.

They won't give hard working people a decent pay rise even though the problems governments have caused are seeing a truly vital service on the brink of collapse, recruitment is suffering because people don't want to work there, rentention is suffering for the same reason.
All this while we see a list of politicians who have earned tens or even hundreds of thouands on top of their MP's salary. All this while a multi,multi millionaire uses privae health care and says the country can't afford to give more money though it wasn't an issue when the politicians took an 11 % pay rise that was nearly 5 times the rate of inflation back then, wasn't it? Part of the BBC report reads,

"The rise - to come into effect in May 2015 - comes as part of a package of changes to MPs' salary and benefits which would see some allowances scrapped.

MPs currently earn a basic salary of ÂŁ66,396 but the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority is expected to say on Thursday that their pay has fallen behind in recent years and a substantial "one-off" rise is justified."

MP's pay had fallen behind so they can get a massive pay rise but the rest of us can go take a hike! The rest of us, the vast majority of this country, our pay has fallen much further behind, we are the people who keep this country going but we are not worth a cost of living rise. It's criminal, it's mirally and ethically unjust. What will IPSA suggest they get next time?
The right to strike on 13:20 - Jan 14 with 529 viewsGwyn737

The right to strike on 13:10 - Jan 14 by SullutaCreturned

This isn't about the intransigence or unions now though, this is about the intransigence of government.

They threw billions at PPE and a large chunk of it was lost to corruption and negligence but they aren't even trying to get it back because it went to their friends and allies.

They won't give hard working people a decent pay rise even though the problems governments have caused are seeing a truly vital service on the brink of collapse, recruitment is suffering because people don't want to work there, rentention is suffering for the same reason.
All this while we see a list of politicians who have earned tens or even hundreds of thouands on top of their MP's salary. All this while a multi,multi millionaire uses privae health care and says the country can't afford to give more money though it wasn't an issue when the politicians took an 11 % pay rise that was nearly 5 times the rate of inflation back then, wasn't it? Part of the BBC report reads,

"The rise - to come into effect in May 2015 - comes as part of a package of changes to MPs' salary and benefits which would see some allowances scrapped.

MPs currently earn a basic salary of ÂŁ66,396 but the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority is expected to say on Thursday that their pay has fallen behind in recent years and a substantial "one-off" rise is justified."

MP's pay had fallen behind so they can get a massive pay rise but the rest of us can go take a hike! The rest of us, the vast majority of this country, our pay has fallen much further behind, we are the people who keep this country going but we are not worth a cost of living rise. It's criminal, it's mirally and ethically unjust. What will IPSA suggest they get next time?

Think about how their stance towards bankers is the opposite to public service.

“I we put financial constraints on the banking industry, the brightest and best will leave”.

Seems that doesn’t apply to public servants, and then they compliant that the service is rubbish.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. The Tories are done. We now need Labour to step up.
The right to strike on 13:26 - Jan 14 with 522 viewsWhiterockin

The right to strike on 13:20 - Jan 14 by Gwyn737

Think about how their stance towards bankers is the opposite to public service.

“I we put financial constraints on the banking industry, the brightest and best will leave”.

Seems that doesn’t apply to public servants, and then they compliant that the service is rubbish.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. The Tories are done. We now need Labour to step up.

What changes do you think Labour would make if they were elected. I've not heard much from Starmer regarding this.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The right to strike on 13:40 - Jan 14 with 503 viewsGwyn737

The right to strike on 13:26 - Jan 14 by Whiterockin

What changes do you think Labour would make if they were elected. I've not heard much from Starmer regarding this.

He’s been quiet up to now I’ll grant you. Part of that at least is the tories are such a omnishambles, the easiest way to get elected is to do and say nothing while they continue to destroy themselves.

Labour will have to start sharing more policies soon though or it’ll be too difficult to govern. The early stuff on childcare I really like so am hopeful things will carry in in that vein.

I’ll watch on with interest.
The right to strike on 13:46 - Jan 14 with 497 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 13:40 - Jan 14 by Gwyn737

He’s been quiet up to now I’ll grant you. Part of that at least is the tories are such a omnishambles, the easiest way to get elected is to do and say nothing while they continue to destroy themselves.

Labour will have to start sharing more policies soon though or it’ll be too difficult to govern. The early stuff on childcare I really like so am hopeful things will carry in in that vein.

I’ll watch on with interest.

I don't think the tories can do themselves any more harm anymore, it's time for Labour to be heard.
The right to strike on 13:49 - Jan 14 with 494 viewsmax936

The right to strike on 12:30 - Jan 14 by Gwyn737

The perfect analogy:

Nothing more to be said, after that.

The right to strike on 14:10 - Jan 14 with 480 viewsWhiterockin

The right to strike on 13:46 - Jan 14 by SullutaCreturned

I don't think the tories can do themselves any more harm anymore, it's time for Labour to be heard.

Exactly we need to know what they plan. I'm particularly interested as to whether Wales gets the extra funding Drakeford says we should be getting.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024