Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The right to strike 16:06 - Jan 13 with 3838 viewsCountyJim

A basic human right this government is low life
The right to strike on 15:51 - Jan 14 with 958 viewsmajorraglan

In my opinion, Labour should continue to keep their cards close to their chest, we’re 2 years away from a GE and they can sit tight and focus on holding the government to account.
The right to strike on 16:48 - Jan 14 with 920 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 15:51 - Jan 14 by majorraglan

In my opinion, Labour should continue to keep their cards close to their chest, we’re 2 years away from a GE and they can sit tight and focus on holding the government to account.

I think they should be piling the pressure on and pushing for an earlier General election.

Sunak will not easily give us a vote because he knows he's screwed if he does and probably screwed if he doesn't but he's hoping he can fix things. I don't think he can because just look at what he's doing re strikes.

The Tories are a busted flush and flush is apt because they need flushing.
The right to strike on 16:51 - Jan 14 with 911 viewsWhiterockin

The right to strike on 16:48 - Jan 14 by SullutaCreturned

I think they should be piling the pressure on and pushing for an earlier General election.

Sunak will not easily give us a vote because he knows he's screwed if he does and probably screwed if he doesn't but he's hoping he can fix things. I don't think he can because just look at what he's doing re strikes.

The Tories are a busted flush and flush is apt because they need flushing.

What are the opinion polls showing? I get a feeling in England the Tory vote is starting to creep back very slowly.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The right to strike on 17:06 - Jan 14 with 899 viewscontroversial_jack

Hitler banned trade unions and worker representstion. Is this what we want too?
The right to strike on 17:18 - Jan 14 with 884 viewsWhiterockin

The right to strike on 17:06 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

Hitler banned trade unions and worker representstion. Is this what we want too?

Is anyone saying ban trade unions?

The right to strike on 18:27 - Jan 14 with 835 viewsCountyJim

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jan/07/rishi-sunak-union-ban-key-staff

Sounds like the PM wants to ban some workers joining
The right to strike on 18:32 - Jan 14 with 831 viewscontroversial_jack

The right to strike on 17:18 - Jan 14 by Whiterockin

Restricting them is one step away. Fascism creeps in slowly
The right to strike on 18:39 - Jan 14 with 818 viewsWhiterockin

The right to strike on 18:32 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

It could always be reversed at the next election.

Login to get fewer ads

The right to strike on 18:47 - Jan 14 with 799 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 18:32 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

On that I can happily agree. The darker side edge in slowly, little gains her and there. Usually they take advantage of bad things happening and make spurious claims. In Hitlers case he blamed Jews and Communists for many things and desperate people wanted to believe so his support grew.

These days there are a lot of desperate people around and we do see ordinary people getting outraged at the "inconvenience" of a strike. All these people would feel differently if it was their job though.

I tell you what we need, the Chartists, we need a movement for political reform.
The right to strike on 18:48 - Jan 14 with 799 viewscontroversial_jack

The right to strike on 18:39 - Jan 14 by Whiterockin

It could always be reversed at the next election.

Yes.Starmer had said they would do that
The right to strike on 18:49 - Jan 14 with 799 viewsGwyn737

The right to strike on 16:51 - Jan 14 by Whiterockin

What are the opinion polls showing? I get a feeling in England the Tory vote is starting to creep back very slowly.

Settled at a pretty solid 20 point lead.

Hard to see where the Tories claw that amount back from.

If they go to the left they risk upsetting the ERG and allowing a UKIP type park to muscle in on the space.

As for going to the right? They’ve already swallowed up the original UKIP lot so have to keep pretending Brexit is going to be ok, they’ve set to send refugees to Rwanda and told nurses they’re greedy and work shy.

Not much room there either.
The right to strike on 21:11 - Jan 14 with 752 viewsmajorraglan

The right to strike on 18:49 - Jan 14 by Gwyn737

Settled at a pretty solid 20 point lead.

Hard to see where the Tories claw that amount back from.

If they go to the left they risk upsetting the ERG and allowing a UKIP type park to muscle in on the space.

As for going to the right? They’ve already swallowed up the original UKIP lot so have to keep pretending Brexit is going to be ok, they’ve set to send refugees to Rwanda and told nurses they’re greedy and work shy.

Not much room there either.

It’s defo a recoverable position. The Conservatives can count on the Express, Mail, Telegraph, Sun and Times to pump out the Tory narrative, dis the opposition and the deep pockets of the benefactors will be buying ads galore on FB, Twitter, Tik Tok etc.

Labour and the opposition have to keep the pressure on and be relentless highlighting sleaze and the failings of the Government. Starmer needs to emphasise it ain’t over till the fat lady sings.
The right to strike on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 741 viewscontroversial_jack

The right to strike on 18:47 - Jan 14 by SullutaCreturned

On that I can happily agree. The darker side edge in slowly, little gains her and there. Usually they take advantage of bad things happening and make spurious claims. In Hitlers case he blamed Jews and Communists for many things and desperate people wanted to believe so his support grew.

These days there are a lot of desperate people around and we do see ordinary people getting outraged at the "inconvenience" of a strike. All these people would feel differently if it was their job though.

I tell you what we need, the Chartists, we need a movement for political reform.

Immigrants are todays scapegoats. The get the blame for a lack of housing, overburdening the NHS, crime snd somon
The right to strike on 22:40 - Jan 14 with 740 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The right to strike on 16:28 - Jan 13 by Whiterockin

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with ensuring that minimum staff levels are maintained for essential services.

It’s the very fact that these so called “minimum staff levels” are quite often not maintained when not striking is the reason besides pay that they’re striking in the first place!!!!

Good on the strikers - the bastard who’s pushing this is a billionaire with a wife whose non Dom status ensures she pays f all tax. Turn your anger to those that deserve it not the underpaid overstretched health care workers you were applauding and banging pots on your doorstep not two years ago.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The right to strike on 06:58 - Jan 15 with 698 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 22:30 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

Immigrants are todays scapegoats. The get the blame for a lack of housing, overburdening the NHS, crime snd somon

These islands have always had immgration, not all of it peaceful. In modern times we have reached out and beg for people to come here.

The only immigrants I want kept out are thse coming here for criminal purposes, for any bad reason. Even saying that immigration has to be controlled, it cant be a free for all. We do get NHS tourists, we do get people trying to take advantage of social housing but in the end that is as much a failure of governments as anything else.

It's not just immigranst who are scapegoated though, this government is scapegoating decent, hard working people by accusing them of causing problems, of costing lives and of being greedy when we can see that it is this Tory government that is responsible.

Wages across the country have fallen behind over a prolonged period of time but we don't have an IPSA suggesting an 11% pay rise for us non politicians, we just have a bunch of very well paid politicians with big expense accounts (at our expense) telling us we are not worth a cost of living pay rise.

We've had enough.
The right to strike on 08:47 - Jan 15 with 667 viewsBryanSwan

The right to strike on 22:40 - Jan 14 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s the very fact that these so called “minimum staff levels” are quite often not maintained when not striking is the reason besides pay that they’re striking in the first place!!!!

Good on the strikers - the bastard who’s pushing this is a billionaire with a wife whose non Dom status ensures she pays f all tax. Turn your anger to those that deserve it not the underpaid overstretched health care workers you were applauding and banging pots on your doorstep not two years ago.

Too true there, much of the NHS is already operating at below minimum staffing levels. Nevermind when there are strikes, but that doesn't seem to bother many on here when the Tories come to put their boots on the throat of anyone who would dare ask for more.

So they'll put through anti protest laws, anti strike laws, what will be next?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The right to strike on 18:49 - Jan 15 with 622 viewsFireboy2

The right to strike on 17:18 - Jan 14 by Whiterockin

If these lot get this bill through it will be next on their list.

Luckily they won't get it through.
The right to strike on 18:54 - Jan 15 with 601 viewsFireboy2

The right to strike on 22:40 - Jan 14 by Brynmill_Jack

👏
The right to strike on 18:55 - Jan 15 with 600 viewsCountyJim

The right to strike on 08:47 - Jan 15 by BryanSwan

Too true there, much of the NHS is already operating at below minimum staffing levels. Nevermind when there are strikes, but that doesn't seem to bother many on here when the Tories come to put their boots on the throat of anyone who would dare ask for more.

So they'll put through anti protest laws, anti strike laws, what will be next?

I know in the Bristol area they been taking nurses from non critical hospitals to cover shifts in critical hospitals obviously these nurses aren't happy
The right to strike on 08:17 - Jan 21 with 518 viewsCountyJim

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64295211

You've got to start paying people better staff are voting with their feet
The right to strike on 20:06 - Jan 23 with 443 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 22:30 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

I saw something on the news today, part of the reason I attack the Senedd or maybe even the whole reason is they are useless and this stat on the news earlier, there are oficially 9000 people in temporary accomodation in Wales, these people are technically homeless and waiting to find new homes for many different reasons.

So once again I'll raise some points and ask the same questions, do we need millions spent on the Welsh language, on having more MS's, on Cardiff airport, do we need foreign jollies OR do we need a government that spends OUR money where it is most needed?

I think most on here will know my opinion. We need better infrastructure to help the economy. We need more homes, affordable homes at that, we need a government that doesn't gerrymander in any way shape or form, that is open and honest and that doesn'tjust go for the Senedd because as useless as they are, they are at least not as corrupt as those money hounds in the UK government.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024