Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. 19:08 - Jan 29 with 6757 views1949er

Would you have Hill back in any capacity.

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 19:12 - Jan 29 with 5603 viewsfourfourtwo

Yes absolutely
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 19:42 - Jan 29 with 5473 viewsmikehunt

Not if you assess his track record after leaving us.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 20:30 - Jan 29 with 5319 viewsEllDale

Might consider it if he brought £5m investment with him.
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 21:05 - Jan 29 with 5230 viewsFrog

We're probably still paying him so it wouldn't cost anything....... (But no thanks)
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 21:15 - Jan 29 with 5215 viewsgolfaduffy

No. He went potty last time.
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 22:28 - Jan 29 with 5072 views49thseason

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 19:42 - Jan 29 by mikehunt

Not if you assess his track record after leaving us.

Would have got Tranmere promoted if they hadnt sacked him to save money just before the play offs ,allegedly,....
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 10:36 - Jan 30 with 4721 viewsDaleFan7

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 22:28 - Jan 29 by 49thseason

Would have got Tranmere promoted if they hadnt sacked him to save money just before the play offs ,allegedly,....

I think he needs to look more at the fact they were a shoe in for automatic promotion in March then proceeded to only win 2 of their last 11 games and then as he did here started attacking the players and fans in interviews.

He hasn't lasted a year in any job he's had since leaving us and in his last job (with a team in a similar position to us) he won 3 of his 39 games.

It's a no from me.
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 10:43 - Jan 30 with 4704 viewsHullDale

Its an interesting debate that has been going on for a few weeks now. If we were looking at hiring a manager, and a 'John Doe' was linked who had Hill's recent managerial record, I think the entire fanbase would be up in arms about what a poor appointment it could be.

There is always the thought process that he knows the club, 'gets' the club, and that might make a difference. My argument there is that it isn't the same club anymore. There is probably only one director on the board now who was here last time Hill was, virtually all of the backroom staff have changed, and there has been a huge turnover of staff in every department since that time too.

He has history here, and is our most successful ever manager, but that history is exactly that - history. He might know the ground, the facilities and some of the fans, but other than that we are essentially a new club to the one he left in 2019.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 11:02 - Jan 30 with 4660 viewsfrenzied

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 10:43 - Jan 30 by HullDale

Its an interesting debate that has been going on for a few weeks now. If we were looking at hiring a manager, and a 'John Doe' was linked who had Hill's recent managerial record, I think the entire fanbase would be up in arms about what a poor appointment it could be.

There is always the thought process that he knows the club, 'gets' the club, and that might make a difference. My argument there is that it isn't the same club anymore. There is probably only one director on the board now who was here last time Hill was, virtually all of the backroom staff have changed, and there has been a huge turnover of staff in every department since that time too.

He has history here, and is our most successful ever manager, but that history is exactly that - history. He might know the ground, the facilities and some of the fans, but other than that we are essentially a new club to the one he left in 2019.

Spot on..........
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 11:16 - Jan 30 with 4599 viewsDaleiLama

Agree with that. Not to mention you never know which Keith you'd get. Or how big personalities like EBJ and Keith would get on.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 15:32 - Jan 30 with 4135 viewswimborne_dale

Frank Lampard's available.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 16:48 - Jan 30 with 4011 viewsHopwoodblue

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 15:32 - Jan 30 by wimborne_dale

Frank Lampard's available.

Might be the missing link we need a goal scoring midfield player
I say we go all out and offer him 2k a week the extra 50 fans we might attract will help cover the costs 😳

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 17:42 - Jan 30 with 3886 viewsdalenumber2

Agree 100%. We all know what happens when things don’t go right for Hill, it’s everyone else’s fault including the fans. I am always mystified when fans keep harking back to times which cannot ever be replicated as much as we want them to be - in this case due to the reasons HullDale gives.
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 18:40 - Jan 30 with 3735 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 17:42 - Jan 30 by dalenumber2

Agree 100%. We all know what happens when things don’t go right for Hill, it’s everyone else’s fault including the fans. I am always mystified when fans keep harking back to times which cannot ever be replicated as much as we want them to be - in this case due to the reasons HullDale gives.

You are right. Also it's bad enough being insulted by gutless , shite performances by the players without KH then insulting the fans, by insinuating that it's our fault they are playing shite.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 19:29 - Jan 30 with 3628 viewsMancDale

Seems like I'm in the minority but I'd have Hill back immediately as manager for the rest of the season.

We have 18 games left of which we need to win 7-8 at the very least. Does anyone honestly see us hitting that form under Bentley given that we've only won 1 of our last 10 and have consistently lost against our relegation rivals? Sure he inherited a crap squad but it's not like we're in a league of superstars. Every team in the division has mediocre players but some have managers that can get the best out of them, we don't.

For me the choice is to stick with Bentley and almost certainly lose our league status for whats likely to be a long time. Or bring Hill in and hope that he can find something in this squad that Bentley clearly can't. If it doesn't work out then we've lost nothing and at least we'll have tried.

This is nothing personal against Bentley btw. I would have loved him to succeed and I've never been one to call for the managers head. I just don't see how we can continue as things are. It'll take more than a couple of young loanees and a player that's been without a club for half a season to turn our form around.
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 20:23 - Jan 30 with 3505 viewsjonahwhereru

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 19:29 - Jan 30 by MancDale

Seems like I'm in the minority but I'd have Hill back immediately as manager for the rest of the season.

We have 18 games left of which we need to win 7-8 at the very least. Does anyone honestly see us hitting that form under Bentley given that we've only won 1 of our last 10 and have consistently lost against our relegation rivals? Sure he inherited a crap squad but it's not like we're in a league of superstars. Every team in the division has mediocre players but some have managers that can get the best out of them, we don't.

For me the choice is to stick with Bentley and almost certainly lose our league status for whats likely to be a long time. Or bring Hill in and hope that he can find something in this squad that Bentley clearly can't. If it doesn't work out then we've lost nothing and at least we'll have tried.

This is nothing personal against Bentley btw. I would have loved him to succeed and I've never been one to call for the managers head. I just don't see how we can continue as things are. It'll take more than a couple of young loanees and a player that's been without a club for half a season to turn our form around.

With a grizzled old board who had some nouse Hill was still the dominant personality at the club. It would be an interesting dynamic if he were to return. Him with his stock diminished v a new inexperienced board. My view was that the sacking of KH actually prolonged our stay in L1.
I would not relish his return in an official capacity, but would be please if he chose to support on any match day.
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 20:32 - Jan 30 with 3451 views442Dale

It’s whether the point comes when we need a miracle to try and stay up. Nobody wants to reach that point, it would be preferable that the current set-up can get us some results.

If that time ever did come, there’s not going to be time for a recruitment process. Only one current manager has come close to performing the equivalent of miracles at Spotland.

A good idea? Of course not. The only idea? Not yet. An idea? Yes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 21:44 - Jan 30 with 3308 viewsJames1980

Be interesting to know if Hill applied for the job when BBM left or Stockdale got his P45. If he did why the board decided against giving him a go.
Lets say the board decide to give him a crack at keeping us in the football league for me his contract should be till the end of the season with an option to extend if we stay up. If performances improve and we just miss out on survival there will be a conversation to be had with regards to keeping him on.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 22:59 - Jan 30 with 3201 viewsTVOS1907

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 21:44 - Jan 30 by James1980

Be interesting to know if Hill applied for the job when BBM left or Stockdale got his P45. If he did why the board decided against giving him a go.
Lets say the board decide to give him a crack at keeping us in the football league for me his contract should be till the end of the season with an option to extend if we stay up. If performances improve and we just miss out on survival there will be a conversation to be had with regards to keeping him on.

He was still managing Scunthorpe when Stockdale was sacked.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 23:15 - Jan 30 with 3179 viewsJames1980

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 22:59 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

He was still managing Scunthorpe when Stockdale was sacked.

Could he not have submitted an application though?

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 23:40 - Jan 30 with 3146 viewsSandyman

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 23:15 - Jan 30 by James1980

Could he not have submitted an application though?

Probably not without the consent of Scunthorpe United. Given the form his team were in at that time, and the form Dale were in when he was fired, not the best CV going.
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 03:39 - Jan 31 with 3043 viewsrichfoad32

I'm not privy to Bentley's wages but surely sacking him with 18 months still left to run on his contract will cost north of 100K? Not to mention Chadwick will probably go with him. And Hill won't come for free, even if he's somehow persuaded to come aboard in an 'advisory' capacity to work with Bentley (which IMO would be a disaster).

Where are people expecting us to find this kind of money from?
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 06:04 - Jan 31 with 2972 viewsJames1980

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 23:40 - Jan 30 by Sandyman

Probably not without the consent of Scunthorpe United. Given the form his team were in at that time, and the form Dale were in when he was fired, not the best CV going.

He was sacked about a week after Stockdale but a day after Bentley was given the job. Yes Scunthorpe's form had been shocking and it is probably a coincidence Hill received his marching orders when he did but is it not possible he spoke to the Scunny board about applying for the vacant position at Dale and that was the final straw.

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 06:41 - Jan 31 with 2938 viewsseasidedale

In Chris Dunphy’s book, he said people get to hung up on the length of contracts and if sacked having to pay the full term, he said it wasn’t so and usually there is an “exit” fee inserted, so EBJ ‘s contract could/may have one
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 07:10 - Jan 31 with 2890 viewsJames1980

My personal surmisey ramblings are based on whether we would get the Jekyll or Hyde version of Keith Hill. I think if the board were to approach him we would end up latter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024