Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City 12:20 - Feb 3 with 3719 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59508/everything-russell

Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:31 - Feb 3 with 2375 viewsBarryTownSwam

Siege mentality? Hope it’s what our talented, underperforming squad need to finally galvanise the team and boost performances.
Personally, I feel there’s no way back now for Russ. An attack on the owners will never end well.
If we don’t reach the play offs I think he’s a gonna.
Clever tactic by Russ - if he fails here he’s just told the football world why he’s underachieved. And some other mug chairman will take a punt on Russ and lure him away. Better paid as well no doubt.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 12:32]
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:36 - Feb 3 with 2353 viewsBoundy

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:31 - Feb 3 by BarryTownSwam

Siege mentality? Hope it’s what our talented, underperforming squad need to finally galvanise the team and boost performances.
Personally, I feel there’s no way back now for Russ. An attack on the owners will never end well.
Clever tactic by Russ - if he fails here he’s just told the football world why he’s underachieved. And some other mug chairman will take a punt on Russ and lure him away. Better paid as well no doubt.

If he goes then he's only following a pattern created by the owners . I recently posted an item which had a statement from the owners issued in 2018 in which they apologised for messing up a transfer window , it seems despite promises lessons haven't been learnt

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:40 - Feb 3 with 2341 viewsKeithHaynes

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:31 - Feb 3 by BarryTownSwam

Can’t agree with Russ being to blame, he’s done as well as anyone could expect.
As for mug chairman …

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:42 - Feb 3 with 2332 viewsJack11

There’s a lot we can glean from that, mainly that he thinks Jamie Paterson is a carrot soup.

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:52 - Feb 3 with 2293 viewsBarryTownSwam

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:40 - Feb 3 by KeithHaynes

Can’t agree with Russ being to blame, he’s done as well as anyone could expect.
As for mug chairman …

Agreed.
My point is that Russ is in a position of strength and doing a decent job here. Publicly criticising the owners usually doesn’t end well for any manager though, as Russ knows, and is getting his position out in public ready for his next job.
Let’s see if Russ can galvanise this ‘togetherness’ he lauds.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:00 - Feb 3 with 2259 viewsonehunglow

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:52 - Feb 3 by BarryTownSwam

Agreed.
My point is that Russ is in a position of strength and doing a decent job here. Publicly criticising the owners usually doesn’t end well for any manager though, as Russ knows, and is getting his position out in public ready for his next job.

He is very adroit playing us like a Champ
His next job interview will see him rip us to threads blaming all but his arrogant self

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:11 - Feb 3 with 2230 viewsJack11

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:00 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

His next job interview will see him rip us to threads blaming all but his arrogant self

You lose any credibility about questioning his coaching with a post like that. It becomes clear that it’s an agenda on your part by blaming him for a lack of signings. For what it’s worth I think you’re right to have been outspoken on some of the things he does but with that nonsense above you’ve just shown that you don’t like him personally and it’s clouding your judgement.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:13 - Feb 3 with 2210 viewsKeithHaynes

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:00 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

Any opportunity even when given the truth on a plate 😂

Login to get fewer ads

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:21 - Feb 3 with 2169 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:13 - Feb 3 by KeithHaynes

Any opportunity even when given the truth on a plate 😂

Your so called "truth on a plate" does not change his abysmal performance as a football Manager.
He is no more than a fairly talentless coach.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:26 - Feb 3 with 2134 viewsDr_Parnassus

We have a nice month ahead, I’m not going to say anything against him this month even if I think it may be called for.

Will reassess my thoughts in March based on what I see over this whole month. These are the teams we need to be taking points from so if he can prove that he can do this then he will deserve some slack.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:30 - Feb 3 with 2137 viewsKeithHaynes

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:21 - Feb 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Your so called "truth on a plate" does not change his abysmal performance as a football Manager.

The truth is pertaining to the interview, this has nothing to do with personal views on his ability or otherwise. That’s been beaten to death on here. As for abysmal performances, that’s as incorrect as someone saying he is the best.

Perspective.

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:54 - Feb 3 with 2035 viewsSTID2017

So for all that believe he should not be our manager, where do they think the money is going to come from to sack him ad replace him and his backroom staff ?
The farce in January has shown that the owners intend to keep cutting and not spend another penny.
Who would take over in the manager's seat, knowing they have no backing from the Americans ?
It is our club and it is being squeezed to oblivion.
The fact that we are only four points behind the 6th place team today is a miracle down purely to Martin, his coaches and the players.
No thanks to the Yanks who once again have pulled the rug during the transfer window
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 13:56]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 14:05 - Feb 3 with 1987 viewsonehunglow

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:21 - Feb 3 by A_Fans_Dad

The Truth !
I ll tell you mine later
Outta lunch right now
I ll get back to you later with a respectful reply , if I can be arsed

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 14:23 - Feb 3 with 1951 viewsWhiterockin

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:54 - Feb 3 by STID2017

So for all that believe he should not be our manager, where do they think the money is going to come from to sack him ad replace him and his backroom staff ?
The farce in January has shown that the owners intend to keep cutting and not spend another penny.
Who would take over in the manager's seat, knowing they have no backing from the Americans ?
It is our club and it is being squeezed to oblivion.
The fact that we are only four points behind the 6th place team today is a miracle down purely to Martin, his coaches and the players.
No thanks to the Yanks who once again have pulled the rug during the transfer window
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 13:56]

How much of it was it down to the Yanks pulling the plug or how much of it being a very poor recruitment strategy. After viewing both interviews I believe it is both, but mostly the way we go about completing the business. The chain of command going all the way back to the top for everything to be agreed must stop, unless that person is here to make instant decisions as and when required. Transfer negotiations are complex, fluid and change in an instance snap decisions need to be made, even early in the window. You agree a price with a club for a player after much discussion, negotiate terms with a player, this is then tweaked, you agree fresh terms with a player, go back to agree a payment plan with the club, this again is tweaked and finally agreed. All this has to go back to the top, do this with several players at the same time because one move is linked to another and there is little wonder we end up with nobody.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 14:31 - Feb 3 with 1928 viewsSTID2017

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 14:23 - Feb 3 by Whiterockin

How much of it was it down to the Yanks pulling the plug or how much of it being a very poor recruitment strategy. After viewing both interviews I believe it is both, but mostly the way we go about completing the business. The chain of command going all the way back to the top for everything to be agreed must stop, unless that person is here to make instant decisions as and when required. Transfer negotiations are complex, fluid and change in an instance snap decisions need to be made, even early in the window. You agree a price with a club for a player after much discussion, negotiate terms with a player, this is then tweaked, you agree fresh terms with a player, go back to agree a payment plan with the club, this again is tweaked and finally agreed. All this has to go back to the top, do this with several players at the same time because one move is linked to another and there is little wonder we end up with nobody.

Agree that someone needs to be here rubber stamping the moves.
I guess it would be better if the club said nothing until a deal ( in or out ) was done, rather than what seems like empty promises.
However with social media etc today, no wonder stories get out

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 15:51 - Feb 3 with 1831 viewsdobjack2

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 14:31 - Feb 3 by STID2017

Agree that someone needs to be here rubber stamping the moves.
I guess it would be better if the club said nothing until a deal ( in or out ) was done, rather than what seems like empty promises.
However with social media etc today, no wonder stories get out

Washington is 8 hours behind us. Potentially another factor slowing down the process.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:07 - Feb 3 with 1751 viewsunion_jack

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 15:51 - Feb 3 by dobjack2

Washington is 8 hours behind us. Potentially another factor slowing down the process.

If that hasn’t been factored into the process then it’s more shambolic than initially thought!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:19 - Feb 3 with 1722 viewsKeithHaynes

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 15:51 - Feb 3 by dobjack2

You would have thought grown adults with multi million businesses would come up with a way round that.

That excuse further fuels my belief they never intended to do anything.

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:47 - Feb 3 with 1672 viewsSirjohnalot

Question his skill but not sure where arrogant comes from. He seems the opposite to me
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:50 - Feb 3 with 1666 viewsmax936

I think its more about what he didn't say, things don't look good between him and Patterson, think his expression when he was asked about him said everything about the Patterson situation, I think he feels disappointed with Patterson probably with his attitude and application.

Think what he said about the accusations about him falling out with players has annoyed him as well, I think maybe the truth lies somewhere between the rumours and what he said, although I don't disbelieve what he's said think there was a lot of honesty spoken, managers/coaches always have disagreements with their players the nature of the business tells you that and some players "intelligence " can speak volumes.

That's the first time that I've actually listened to him for any length of time, i quite enjoyed it so will do it again.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:53 - Feb 3 with 1650 viewsonehunglow

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:47 - Feb 3 by Sirjohnalot

Question his skill but not sure where arrogant comes from. He seems the opposite to me

The way he refuses to change tack when it’s so obvious we need a change .
The support he has from Keith on here is mightily impressive but I feel Martin is not worthy of such and his record with players is his legacy .
Fisher was his first acquisition.

I do share the contempt towards those running our club .

I ll meet Keith someday and not sure this world is ready for it. Might as well sell tickets . We d pack a small venue I’m sure .

I am fighting apathy right now and that is after 65 years as a fan . It’s very hard right now to be enthused .

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:57 - Feb 3 with 1650 viewsFireboy2

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 12:52 - Feb 3 by BarryTownSwam

Agreed.

They won't sack him because it will cost them.

The only ways he will leave is if we go on a decent run, end up in the play offs and don't get to the PL or he will leave on his own accord because hes that p!ssed off with the tightfisted so and sos
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 19:11 - Feb 3 with 1634 viewsmagicdaps10

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:47 - Feb 3 by Sirjohnalot

Never for one bit thought he has ever been arrogant, people sometimes use the arrogance tag towards someone they don't like or have an agenda with.

I thought he was superb in that presser and the backroom showed the unity and took a massive stance against the Americans........that will certainly bode well with an angry group of fans, fans angry with the owners and their clear lack of intent and obvious lies.

Most support will certainly be in the Martin camp rather than the owners one after those two press conferences.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 19:29 - Feb 3 with 1622 viewsSirjohnalot

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:53 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

The way he refuses to change tack when it’s so obvious we need a change .
The support he has from Keith on here is mightily impressive but I feel Martin is not worthy of such and his record with players is his legacy .
Fisher was his first acquisition.

I do share the contempt towards those running our club .

I ll meet Keith someday and not sure this world is ready for it. Might as well sell tickets . We d pack a small venue I’m sure .

I am fighting apathy right now and that is after 65 years as a fan . It’s very hard right now to be enthused .

Not so arrogance is the right word. It could also be described as ‘steadfast’ ‘believing in his tactics. The way he seems to try to deal with difficult players appears to be the opposite of arrogant, Jose Mourinho could be described as arrogant, Martin, whatever his supposed shortcomings isn’t that. Seems a very very decent man
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 19:46 - Feb 3 with 1585 viewsKeithHaynes

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 19:29 - Feb 3 by Sirjohnalot

Not so arrogance is the right word. It could also be described as ‘steadfast’ ‘believing in his tactics. The way he seems to try to deal with difficult players appears to be the opposite of arrogant, Jose Mourinho could be described as arrogant, Martin, whatever his supposed shortcomings isn’t that. Seems a very very decent man

He is an open and honest person with the heart of the club in his. His emotions when talking are incredible.

Salary and the usual football nonsense to one side I’ve never wished such goodwill on a manager. His desire to do this right and to do it properly is commendable. And we won’t be anywhere near the relegation zone, and I have three weeks to see us in the top 6.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024