Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions for the fans forum 10:35 - Feb 6 with 11505 viewsTomRAFC

I fear there is a risk that the fans forum could become quite toxic, with the mic being passed from person to person wanting to have a good old rant. Cathartic as that might be, there's enough crucial questions to be asked to take up the entire evening. I'd hate for us to come out the other side of this opportunity non the wiser on some crucial topics due to an excessive amount of time spent bickering.

What are the questions people are most keen to hear asked and answered.

On the playing side:
Why was Brierley allowed to go on trial when we needed him in the squad?

Why has Eastwood continued to be selected/seen as an upgrade on O'Donnell?

On the club side:
After the specific statement in the Chairman's letter at the EGM that the share release was not designed to enable a takeover, when was his mind changed and does he see how this differs from the information people based their votes on at the EGM?

What is the role of George Delves, and is there a reason he does not sit on the panel at Forums?

Has the club tried to access outside support from someone with experience of running a football club?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 10:41]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Questions for the fans forum on 10:41 - Feb 6 with 5334 viewsjudd

Does anyone really know what happened on THE stag do?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Questions for the fans forum on 11:10 - Feb 6 with 5250 viewsTVOS1907

George Delves was on the panel at the last forum. I think there's only been one other since his appointment, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 12:50]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Questions for the fans forum on 11:12 - Feb 6 with 5239 viewsmikehunt

What happened to the Reeves money?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Questions for the fans forum on 11:20 - Feb 6 with 5202 viewsD_Alien

I'm going to try to attend, but won't know till Thursday, so i've asked the Dale Trust to pose a question to the relevant director about the operation of our Commercial Dept.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Questions for the fans forum on 11:42 - Feb 6 with 5117 viewsTomRAFC

Questions for the fans forum on 11:10 - Feb 6 by TVOS1907

George Delves was on the panel at the last forum. I think there's only been one other since his appointment, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 12:50]

I might be misremembering, but he was sat off to the side rather than on the top table and didn't really contribute.

As the person in charge of the day to day running of the club, we don't really hear from him. Maybe we were just spoiled with Colin Garlick.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Questions for the fans forum on 12:31 - Feb 6 with 4965 viewsscooby

For those in the Trust, and considering it isnt being live streamed, will there will be a good write up of questions and events available to us?
Questions for the fans forum on 12:51 - Feb 6 with 4903 viewsTVOS1907

Questions for the fans forum on 11:42 - Feb 6 by TomRAFC

I might be misremembering, but he was sat off to the side rather than on the top table and didn't really contribute.

As the person in charge of the day to day running of the club, we don't really hear from him. Maybe we were just spoiled with Colin Garlick.

Yes, but he answered a few questions of relevance to him.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Questions for the fans forum on 12:52 - Feb 6 with 4901 viewskel

Questions for the fans forum on 12:31 - Feb 6 by scooby

For those in the Trust, and considering it isnt being live streamed, will there will be a good write up of questions and events available to us?

When I was involved with the trust I did live updates on Twitter. No reason that can’t be done again.
Login to get fewer ads

Questions for the fans forum on 13:36 - Feb 6 with 4762 viewsseasidedale

Cant make the forum, would someone ask EBJ why we only play one striker up front with others behind and wide , think I am asking why we don’t play 4-4-2
Thanks
Questions for the fans forum on 13:52 - Feb 6 with 4711 viewsJames1980

Considering the time, money and effort Simon and the board put in to protect the club from the hostile takeover.
Where does the animosity from some towards the current board stem from?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Questions for the fans forum on 14:06 - Feb 6 with 4672 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 13:52 - Feb 6 by James1980

Considering the time, money and effort Simon and the board put in to protect the club from the hostile takeover.

Good point, James.

Questions for the fans forum on 14:10 - Feb 6 with 4660 viewsturnthescrew

You might well ask. Downright unnecessary and uncalled for. Some supporters should give their heads a bloody good wobble.
Questions for the fans forum on 14:17 - Feb 6 with 4628 viewsJames1980

I say stop the cryptic nonsense say candidly what your beef is and allow the board to explain their position and put things right if they are able and feel the need. Who knows others may feel the same way as the naysayers when the reason for their feelings are revealed.

Questions for the fans forum on 14:38 - Feb 6 with 4581 viewsfourfourtwo

Questions for the fans forum on 13:52 - Feb 6 by James1980

Ultimately we’re sat bottom of the league staring relegation in the face. If we were mid table or sat in the play offs then fingers wouldn’t be being pointed, but we are where we are.

I think it’s fair to say that Stockdale was afforded far too much time and giving him the summer was a ridiculous thing to do in hindsight (Cameron John, £2.5K per week anyone). That was a board decision and it was obvious that sacking him had been a viable option earlier, given he only lasted 4 games.

Some might disagree but I’d say that is a major contributor into some of the criticism being levelled at the board, rightly or wrongly.
Questions for the fans forum on 14:57 - Feb 6 with 4531 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 14:38 - Feb 6 by fourfourtwo

Ultimately we’re sat bottom of the league staring relegation in the face. If we were mid table or sat in the play offs then fingers wouldn’t be being pointed, but we are where we are.

I think it’s fair to say that Stockdale was afforded far too much time and giving him the summer was a ridiculous thing to do in hindsight (Cameron John, £2.5K per week anyone). That was a board decision and it was obvious that sacking him had been a viable option earlier, given he only lasted 4 games.

Some might disagree but I’d say that is a major contributor into some of the criticism being levelled at the board, rightly or wrongly.

Hindsight, and believing speculative revelations of player salaries?

Questions for the fans forum on 15:41 - Feb 6 with 4413 viewstony_roch975

Whatever the questions I totally agree that getting them co-ordinated (ordered and composited) is crucial - I think the Trust has offered to do that?
Send your questions to media@rochdaleafc.co.uk or info@daletrust.co.uk

A detailed note of the responses for a later Trust mailing would also help.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 15:49]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Questions for the fans forum on 15:48 - Feb 6 with 4377 viewsAtThePeake

Questions for the fans forum on 14:38 - Feb 6 by fourfourtwo

Agreed.

We're on our way out of the EFL as things stand and as has been said several times on here in the last few weeks, you can praise and respect the board for the incredible work they did in staving off Morton House while also criticising the footballing decisions that they have evidently got wrong.

Tangled up in blue.

Questions for the fans forum on 16:03 - Feb 6 with 4326 viewsblackdogblue

If there is any time left 😀

Update on Smoking at half time & why was “Arms” dropped from the pub name 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Questions for the fans forum on 16:19 - Feb 6 with 4272 viewsrich_dale

Bringing up the level and volume of communication and social media output a notch or two. Perhaps asking more searching questions during interviews as well. And a minor point - for those following matches on the Twitter feed, it would be helpful for details to be included on formations and how we're lining up, both at the start of games and when things are changed later in games following substitutions. Otherwise we can only speculate.
Questions for the fans forum on 16:25 - Feb 6 with 4241 viewsJames1980

Questions for the fans forum on 16:19 - Feb 6 by rich_dale

Bringing up the level and volume of communication and social media output a notch or two. Perhaps asking more searching questions during interviews as well. And a minor point - for those following matches on the Twitter feed, it would be helpful for details to be included on formations and how we're lining up, both at the start of games and when things are changed later in games following substitutions. Otherwise we can only speculate.

I have been wondering if substitutes are brought on late because their appearance bonus is less or they won't get one.

Questions for the fans forum on 16:34 - Feb 6 with 4213 viewsfourfourtwo

Questions for the fans forum on 14:57 - Feb 6 by judd

Hindsight, and believing speculative revelations of player salaries?

Word on the street is that article was pretty on the money.

You can call it hindsight, but Stockdale should never have seen last season out.

That decision to stick by him could ultimately become the worst decision ever made in the history of the club.
Questions for the fans forum on 16:40 - Feb 6 with 4197 viewsJames1980

Questions for the fans forum on 16:34 - Feb 6 by fourfourtwo

You can call it hindsight, but Stockdale should never have seen last season out.

That decision to stick by him could ultimately become the worst decision ever made in the history of the club.

But allowing Morton House to take control would be even worse.

Questions for the fans forum on 17:33 - Feb 6 with 4066 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 16:34 - Feb 6 by fourfourtwo

Word on the street?

Footballers contracts are subject to GDPR. The article cited no credible legal source. There is no right to have salaries disclosed.

It's utter nonsense, in my opinion.

It was you that described the Stockdale issue as hindsight. We can all be wise after the event.

Questions for the fans forum on 17:37 - Feb 6 with 4050 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 15:48 - Feb 6 by AtThePeake

Agreed.

We're on our way out of the EFL as things stand and as has been said several times on here in the last few weeks, you can praise and respect the board for the incredible work they did in staving off Morton House while also criticising the footballing decisions that they have evidently got wrong.

There's constructive criticism, there's I told you so and there's animosity.

Animosity borne out of what?

Hindsight and believing unproven rumours that suits a particular agenda?

Do you think the board are thinking fook em we make the decisions? I'll bet they hurt just as much as any supporter at the position we find ourselves, with a half dozen new signings and 17 games to go.

Questions for the fans forum on 17:49 - Feb 6 with 3999 viewsnordenblue

Questions for the fans forum on 17:37 - Feb 6 by judd

There's constructive criticism, there's I told you so and there's animosity.

Animosity borne out of what?

Hindsight and believing unproven rumours that suits a particular agenda?

Do you think the board are thinking fook em we make the decisions? I'll bet they hurt just as much as any supporter at the position we find ourselves, with a half dozen new signings and 17 games to go.

I'd guess they're hurting even more being tens of thousands deep too for the privilege...... they've made some poor footballing decisions absolutely, not really surprising being new to the whole scenario, but not sure where all the anger towards them comes from.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 19:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024