Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match of the Day, presenters 20:27 - Mar 10 with 1219 viewsgerry_us

Durham and Gerry to apply!
Will happily take less than £1.25m between us.
What prats Lineker,Wright and Shearer are?
Discuss.
Match of the Day, presenters on 21:38 - Mar 10 with 1186 viewsnoah4x4

It’s about time the BBC lost its licence fee funding. Lineker has clearly overstepped the mark, but what’s new? Nothing could be more biased than the smug political presenters of BBC News.

My father arrived here in 1946 as a wartime displaced person and legal immigrant, having fought as a partisan, and then with UK/USA forces in Italy. He had only the clothes he was wearing, no money and (then) little mastery of the English language. My family respect this country for the welcome he received. He was 100% loyal to the Queen, paid his taxes, never committed a crime and worked hard simply because he couldn’t ever receive any ‘benefits’.

Today, this country similarly helps genuine refugees (example, from Ukraine, Afghanistan etc). But we simply cannot support an unlimited number of economic migrants from ‘safe’ countries like Albania. It was 1930s/1940s Germany that murdered all of my Eastern European family, my father being the sole fortunate exception. Lineker has got this terribly wrong. The UK has a compassionate record, but purely economic migrants and criminals are not welcome. Proposed solutions are incomparable with the Holocaust.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 21:42]
Match of the Day, presenters on 22:43 - Mar 10 with 1159 viewsburnsieespana

This has the potential to be an extremely diversive post Nd therefore I will not be participating any f23urther in it.
Match of the Day, presenters on 23:06 - Mar 10 with 1151 viewsgerry_us

Match of the Day, presenters on 22:43 - Mar 10 by burnsieespana

This has the potential to be an extremely diversive post Nd therefore I will not be participating any f23urther in it.

No, it was about Durham and Gerry presenting Match of the Day, but BBC decided to go without any presenters at all. Their loss
Match of the Day, presenters on 23:36 - Mar 10 with 1142 viewsDaniel

As much as I despise Tories, I'll happily take MOTD with no presenter or pundits - it'll save me skipping through to the match highlights.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match of the Day, presenters on 00:03 - Mar 11 with 1132 viewsdurham_exile

Excellent idea Gerry.

Count me in.

The BBC don't know what they're missing by not employing us to take over from Lineker and co.

And if course we need a nick name each!

Great stuff

Durham_exile

Match of the Day, presenters on 10:47 - Mar 11 with 1089 viewsbwildered

Unless Mr Lineker had signed a contract with the BBC, excluding him from venting his personal views on other social platforms, he has done nothing wrong, except show freedom of speech from which he is entitled,
Pity that the presenters did not show same solidarity at the start of the Qatar World Cup competition only a few months ago and walk out .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Match of the Day, presenters on 10:49 - Mar 11 with 1087 viewsbwildered

Match of the Day, presenters on 00:03 - Mar 11 by durham_exile

Excellent idea Gerry.

Count me in.

The BBC don't know what they're missing by not employing us to take over from Lineker and co.

And if course we need a nick name each!

Great stuff

How about Staler and Waldorf .

Match of the Day, presenters on 10:57 - Mar 11 with 1083 viewsdurham_exile

Match of the Day, presenters on 10:49 - Mar 11 by bwildered

How about Staler and Waldorf .

Bwildered - good idea, however neither of us are quite old enough to pull off those Muppet characters yet!

Sadly no presenters or pundits on tonight otherwise I would have hoped for the call from auntie beeb.

Mind you I don't think my equity card is in date!

Enjoy the game today

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Match of the Day, presenters on 13:15 - Mar 11 with 1050 viewsLeadbelly

Match of the Day, presenters on 10:47 - Mar 11 by bwildered

Unless Mr Lineker had signed a contract with the BBC, excluding him from venting his personal views on other social platforms, he has done nothing wrong, except show freedom of speech from which he is entitled,
Pity that the presenters did not show same solidarity at the start of the Qatar World Cup competition only a few months ago and walk out .

Lineker is freelance so not a BBC employee.

Without the Tories’ usual attempts to redirect the storyline away from their policies I doubt many would even know this was a thing. I’m as bored of this story as I am with constant hand wringing about a bit of snow.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Match of the Day, presenters on 09:46 - Mar 13 with 947 viewsbwildered

A twenty minute MOTD, a improvement ?

Match of the Day, presenters on 10:36 - Mar 13 with 938 viewswessex_exile

Match of the Day, presenters on 09:46 - Mar 13 by bwildered

A twenty minute MOTD, a improvement ?

Apparently, viewing figures were up on Saturday, presumably boosted by those wanting to see just what the BBC were going to show.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Match of the Day, presenters on 13:05 - Mar 13 with 917 viewsLeadbelly

Match of the Day, presenters on 10:36 - Mar 13 by wessex_exile

Apparently, viewing figures were up on Saturday, presumably boosted by those wanting to see just what the BBC were going to show.

It may be that a lot of people, including me, find BBC sports coverage to contain far too much chat and far too little actual sport. Those with access to Eurosport, which often covers the same events as the BBC, will know exactly what I mean. Expert analysis is vastly overrated as entertainment!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Match of the Day, presenters on 13:08 - Mar 13 with 917 viewsgerry_us

Programme start at 2.00 for a 3.00 ko is scary...and boring.
Match of the Day, presenters on 08:46 - Mar 14 with 867 viewsbwildered

One presumes the football in the community slot was dropped. Showing all that is great and good in PL land.
Millions of youngsters are influenced by the showing of MOTD on a Saturday night, so the positive is they get to ask questions in why the format changed so drastically.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024