Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic point - Saints are fighting 15:53 - Mar 12 with 3061 viewsSouthamptonfan

7 point from 4 games for Selles. The team is fighting. Two home games to come. Beat Brentford and we are possibly out of the bottom three. Then a cracking game at home to Spurs. Optimism is increasing. We can still do it.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 15:57 - Mar 12 with 3019 viewsgrumpy

We are still bottom and we should have had 3 points today.
Furious.
Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 15:58 - Mar 12 with 3014 views1885_SFC

Terrific point despite United going down to 10 men.

16 efforts on goal and hit the woodwork twice.

Another clean sheet too.

Next two games will be vital.

Old School is Cool

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 15:58 - Mar 12 with 3003 viewsSouthamptonfan

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 15:57 - Mar 12 by grumpy

Furious.

I wouldn't have liked to seen you after the Wolves game.

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 15:59 - Mar 12 with 2995 viewsSouthamptonfan

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 15:58 - Mar 12 by 1885_SFC

Terrific point despite United going down to 10 men.

16 efforts on goal and hit the woodwork twice.

Another clean sheet too.

Next two games will be vital.

We could do it ya know.

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:05 - Mar 12 with 2950 viewsSouthamptonfan

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 15:57 - Mar 12 by grumpy

Furious.

After ten defeats in a row, 4 points from Chelsea and Man U away, not a single goal conceded is progress.

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:14 - Mar 12 with 2881 views1885_SFC

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 15:59 - Mar 12 by Southamptonfan

We could do it ya know.

Our run in is difficult... but you just never know. We've been here many times before & until it's mathematically impossible to stay up, then I shall keep believing!

Old School is Cool

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:17 - Mar 12 with 2862 viewsSouthamptonfan

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:14 - Mar 12 by 1885_SFC

Our run in is difficult... but you just never know. We've been here many times before & until it's mathematically impossible to stay up, then I shall keep believing!

Difficult run in, but already taken points from Chelsea and Man U. Need to beat Brentford at home. They are mid table with nothing to.play for, we should do that Wednesday. Then an upbeat St Mary's against Spurs. We have Bournemouth, Forest, Palace all to play. I think we have a chance now we seem to be fighting. But we shall see.

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:26 - Mar 12 with 2813 views1885_SFC

Looking at the bottom 6 as it stands, every team bar Leicester picked up points this weekend. Everton & Bournemouth both won; Saints, Leeds, and West Ham all drew. Leicester were the big losers.

Today's point at Old Trafford was precious as much as it was unexpected.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:47 - Mar 12 with 2715 viewsPatfromPoole

It was a great point.

As Nathan Jones would have said, we were at a disadvantage from the moment the oppo went down to 10 men.

Best we have played all season, I thought. Good all across the pitch, and looked a cohesive team.

Cause for real hope.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:57 - Mar 12 with 2682 viewscocklebreath

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:47 - Mar 12 by PatfromPoole

It was a great point.

As Nathan Jones would have said, we were at a disadvantage from the moment the oppo went down to 10 men.

Best we have played all season, I thought. Good all across the pitch, and looked a cohesive team.

Cause for real hope.

Yep agreed it wasn’t just about the result, we actually played well which is giving me hope

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 17:07 - Mar 12 with 2651 viewsButty101

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:57 - Mar 12 by cocklebreath

Yep agreed it wasn’t just about the result, we actually played well which is giving me hope

I saw that line up and thought that is just about our strongest team. What a great point shame it wasn’t 3! Is the improvement in the defense down to bednerek?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 17:28 - Mar 12 with 2564 viewsPatfromPoole

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 17:07 - Mar 12 by Butty101

I saw that line up and thought that is just about our strongest team. What a great point shame it wasn’t 3! Is the improvement in the defense down to bednerek?

It helps having Walker-Peters back at right-back.

He was excellent today.

Perraud was also very solid up against a dangerous right-winger. Showing signs of some good link-up play with Sulemana.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 17:29 - Mar 12 with 2553 viewsBowlercow

Palace and Forrest also failed to get anything and I think they could both be dragged into the battle
Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 17:31 - Mar 12 with 2550 viewscocklebreath

Would be good to get Orsic playing, he can’t suddenly be sh!t. Think I’d rather have Edozie coming off the bench than A Armstrong

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 20:26 - Mar 12 with 2350 viewsButty101

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 17:31 - Mar 12 by cocklebreath

Would be good to get Orsic playing, he can’t suddenly be sh!t. Think I’d rather have Edozie coming off the bench than A Armstrong

If and it’s a big IF we survive this season….. then manage to keep JWP KWP and Lavia. Along with Bella kotcha and sully there is the makings of a team.

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 20:42 - Mar 12 with 2313 viewsStAnt

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 17:29 - Mar 12 by Bowlercow

Palace and Forrest also failed to get anything and I think they could both be dragged into the battle

Add Wolves because if we beat Brentford we are 2 points behind them.
Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 20:50 - Mar 12 with 2299 viewssaint22

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 20:42 - Mar 12 by StAnt

Add Wolves because if we beat Brentford we are 2 points behind them.

Big IF that we don’t seem to play well against Brentford
Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 21:26 - Mar 12 with 2230 viewsButty101

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 20:50 - Mar 12 by saint22

Big IF that we don’t seem to play well against Brentford

We played ok when we smashed them at home last season

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 04:07 - Mar 13 with 2004 viewsRipleys_revenge

Superb performance and commitment from all the lads. On another day we win 4-1.

We have seen this many times from saints - give the big boys a good game and show some real fight mixed in with some great football. The question is can we replicate it against teams around us? So far the answer has been no, but I have more faith under selles that this team is progressing in a more consistent direction. Big big game against Brentford as others have pointed out
Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:05 - Mar 13 with 1789 viewsTimSaint

We didn't show up against Leeds

The fact that we don't tend to do well against the teams around us, is a massive hindrance to our league position. If we had swapped our win at Chelsea with a win at Leeds, it would have meant Leeds would now have been 2 points below us and bottom. Then there are our defeats to Wolves (x2), Everton, Forest, Palace and even Villa (x2).

We are fighting and starting to keep some clean sheets, but we really do need to start scoring more goals to give us a better chance on winning games and boosting our goal difference. Each of our league victories has been by a 1 goal margin and we have not scored more than 2 in any league game.

TimSaint

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 18:34 - Mar 13 with 1741 viewssaint22

Fantastic point - Saints are fighting on 16:05 - Mar 13 by TimSaint

We didn't show up against Leeds

The fact that we don't tend to do well against the teams around us, is a massive hindrance to our league position. If we had swapped our win at Chelsea with a win at Leeds, it would have meant Leeds would now have been 2 points below us and bottom. Then there are our defeats to Wolves (x2), Everton, Forest, Palace and even Villa (x2).

We are fighting and starting to keep some clean sheets, but we really do need to start scoring more goals to give us a better chance on winning games and boosting our goal difference. Each of our league victories has been by a 1 goal margin and we have not scored more than 2 in any league game.

maybe we should try starting our 20m striker
just a thought
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024