Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game 11:18 - Mar 31 with 24438 viewselectricblue

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 11:41 - Mar 31 with 10532 viewsChaffRAFC

Sounds like a job interview.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 11:54 - Mar 31 with 10494 viewsTalkingSutty

Gobbledegook from somebody who is just as culpable as the rest of the squad, somebody who has been associated with failure over the last few seasons at this club. I'll be glad to see the back of the lot of them.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 12:23 - Mar 31 with 10379 views49thseason

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 11:54 - Mar 31 by TalkingSutty

Gobbledegook from somebody who is just as culpable as the rest of the squad, somebody who has been associated with failure over the last few seasons at this club. I'll be glad to see the back of the lot of them.

Another round of "coach speak" its almost as if they all read the same manuals... Oh wait, they do!
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 12:51 - Mar 31 with 10325 viewsNewbury_Dale

Part of the problem, not the solution.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:03 - Mar 31 with 10293 viewsIOMDale

‘Football’s a funny old game’.

Not that fookin’ funny when you’ve had to watch us all season.

UTDNFS

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:17 - Mar 31 with 10247 viewsSaxonDale

Yes he seems nervous in the interview but I really don’t know what else he could’ve said differently for the majority of it. As a fanbase we have been incredibly patient with our managers- I really don’t know why some seem to have already lost patience with Jim.

Given the timing of his appointment, I can’t imagine the board were inundated with offers from other candidates to be manager during our first relegation from the football league. Let’s support him as IMO he’s one of the few decent ones we have at this club who seems to at least care.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:36 - Mar 31 with 10182 viewsTrev

WTF do some people expect? It's not his fault we are where we are and one thing I would never accuse Jim of is a lack of effort.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:39 - Mar 31 with 10168 viewsNewbury_Dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:17 - Mar 31 by SaxonDale

Yes he seems nervous in the interview but I really don’t know what else he could’ve said differently for the majority of it. As a fanbase we have been incredibly patient with our managers- I really don’t know why some seem to have already lost patience with Jim.

Given the timing of his appointment, I can’t imagine the board were inundated with offers from other candidates to be manager during our first relegation from the football league. Let’s support him as IMO he’s one of the few decent ones we have at this club who seems to at least care.

His "no pressure" narrative has triggered me tbh. We've won 26 points this season. Tell that to the Radcliffes, the Kilpatricks and the Cloughs. People who have given their everything to preserve the status of this football club in their own way. What about the future of the academy? Have Cameron John or James Ball felt pressure at any point since they've been here ? No ! And that's why we are in this position. Read the room Jim.
Login to get fewer ads

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:44 - Mar 31 with 10151 viewsJames1980

Not watched this yet, I'm on a train don't have headphones and I'm not an inconsiderate arse. Does he mention anything about margins?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:47 - Mar 31 with 10124 views49thseason

Why not just be honest?
" I've done what I can, there isnt much I can change in a week. We will just have to go down there and do our best. We have still go a couple of players with knocks and bruises, so I will choose the team after training on Friday"
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:53 - Mar 31 with 10086 viewsHopwoodblue

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:39 - Mar 31 by Newbury_Dale

His "no pressure" narrative has triggered me tbh. We've won 26 points this season. Tell that to the Radcliffes, the Kilpatricks and the Cloughs. People who have given their everything to preserve the status of this football club in their own way. What about the future of the academy? Have Cameron John or James Ball felt pressure at any point since they've been here ? No ! And that's why we are in this position. Read the room Jim.

It all started with BBM “ I don’t look at the league table”
It’s that attitude that has put us we’re we are.
Until we employ someone with size twelve feet that on Monday mornings after
a poor performance plants one well and truly on the players backsides then
we will continue to slide.
For f@@k sake get them out of the cotton wool and make it quite clear that nothing short of eight wins in acceptable.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:54 - Mar 31 with 10083 viewsTalkingSutty

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:17 - Mar 31 by SaxonDale

He's only the caretaker manager for these eight games, he hasn't been given the job. Jim is one of the players and he's also been responsible for coaching this lot at various stages, he's as responsible for this relegation as the rest of them at the club.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 14:53 - Mar 31 with 9912 viewsTrev

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 13:54 - Mar 31 by TalkingSutty

He's only the caretaker manager for these eight games, he hasn't been given the job. Jim is one of the players and he's also been responsible for coaching this lot at various stages, he's as responsible for this relegation as the rest of them at the club.

Nice glasses, though.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 16:01 - Mar 31 with 9793 viewswatford_dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 14:53 - Mar 31 by Trev

Nice glasses, though.

They frame his face!
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 16:04 - Mar 31 with 9787 viewsdiver

Doesn’t mention any “advisors”😁
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:09 - Mar 31 with 9681 viewsblackdogblue

Read the above… at least give him a chance or would you prefer Jack the Kitman to pick the team?

Of course he’s nervous… he doesn’t do media for living…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:28 - Mar 31 with 9641 viewsYorkshire_Dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 11:54 - Mar 31 by TalkingSutty

Totally agree, lovely guy and lovely haircut......but this was our defensive coach who himself could n't defend as long as he had a hole in his a*rse for several season and he is still here!

bury fans warned us when he first came, that he was a "mistake a game player "and we still persisted and paid him, and now we wonder why we are in the dregs.

To be honest I had forgotten he was still here....the last thing he did of any real note was a few seasons ago warning kids not to play on railway lines!!!!!

This Club needs a radical clear out!
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:11 - Mar 31 with 9552 viewsblackdogblue

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:28 - Mar 31 by Yorkshire_Dale

Totally agree, lovely guy and lovely haircut......but this was our defensive coach who himself could n't defend as long as he had a hole in his a*rse for several season and he is still here!

bury fans warned us when he first came, that he was a "mistake a game player "and we still persisted and paid him, and now we wonder why we are in the dregs.

To be honest I had forgotten he was still here....the last thing he did of any real note was a few seasons ago warning kids not to play on railway lines!!!!!

Bit harsh that….

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:19 - Mar 31 with 9530 viewskel

No need for stuff like that, whilst he’s a limited player he’s always given 100% which is tons more than some of the wasters we’ve seen this season. He doesn’t make mistakes deliberately and clearly cares for the club. I’ll take that before the likes of James Ball and Cameron John every day of the week. They are two examples of players I’m more annoyed that we’re paying for.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:24 - Mar 31 with 9522 viewsfrenzied

I wish him every success but he’s clearly not the man for the job.

He’s more of a Barraclough type character trying to run the team..where we really need a McKay type personality in there to keep the footballing lags in ilne
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:27 - Mar 31 with 9511 views442Dale

McNulty made mistakes, yes. However, he played a significant role in two of our best ever league seasons in our 115 year history as well as being integral when we reverted to a back three when we stayed up in 2018.

Since then he’s been a bit part player who shouldn’t have had to have played as much as he did. Even then, like Calvin Andrew, it’s not his fault he was offered new deals. Throughout that, like Andrew, he gave his all and clearly cares about the club.

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with holding an opinion on a player, so I suppose it’s a case of not letting the facts get in the way of a disrespectful rant.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:14 - Mar 31 with 9326 viewsseasidedale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:24 - Mar 31 by frenzied

I wish him every success but he’s clearly not the man for the job.

He’s more of a Barraclough type character trying to run the team..where we really need a McKay type personality in there to keep the footballing lags in ilne

Roy barraclough?
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:18 - Mar 31 with 9312 viewsTVOS1907

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:27 - Mar 31 by 442Dale

McNulty made mistakes, yes. However, he played a significant role in two of our best ever league seasons in our 115 year history as well as being integral when we reverted to a back three when we stayed up in 2018.

Since then he’s been a bit part player who shouldn’t have had to have played as much as he did. Even then, like Calvin Andrew, it’s not his fault he was offered new deals. Throughout that, like Andrew, he gave his all and clearly cares about the club.

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with holding an opinion on a player, so I suppose it’s a case of not letting the facts get in the way of a disrespectful rant.

* another disrespectful rant.

But watch out, tennisaduffy will be along soon to have a go at you about it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 21:42 - Mar 31 with 9149 viewsJames1980

What's the obsession with having someone like this chap in charge

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 22:12 - Mar 31 with 9056 viewsdavidab2202

With all due respect to the differing views of posters on this subject,I can't really think of what other point of view McNulty could have expressed.
He could hardly come out and say we have been total shite so far this season and it is a pointless excercise turning up for the last eight games because we expect to lose every one of them.
Think what sort of response that would have brought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024