Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan: Just back 17:38 - Apr 1 with 4116 viewselnombre

If you can't say something nice, say nothing.

End of report.
Wigan: Just back on 17:41 - Apr 1 with 4021 viewsJules4367

Good evening and welcome back (= nice)
Wigan: Just back on 18:10 - Apr 1 with 3780 viewsDamo1962

Think Clive should use this for the remaining games 🤔😉
Wigan: Just back on 18:12 - Apr 1 with 3779 viewsthame_hoops

Do you own a helicopter ?
Wigan: Just back on 18:18 - Apr 1 with 3727 viewsHunterhoop

Was there too.

Had some time to digest now. Balogun and Dunne for the first were just awful. Laird was a disgrace all game. Martin played like a 45 yrs old bloke retired for 10 years. Willock was half arsed. Dickie woeful in possession. Paal poor distribution. Same for Seny, although his handling was good. We just had no idea how to move the ball forwards and create a chance.

The only two players to come out with any credit were Dykes and Chair. The former worked hard and was a willing runner offering an out ball. The latter came on and tried to take responsibility to create something. Everyone else was p*ss poor and lacking any urgency. I think we’ll go down. Wigan were/are terrible. Genuinely terrible. If you can’t get points against them, I’m not sure who you do collect points against.

On top of that, the body language of the team shows no unity, IMO. At one long stoppage you had Chair (sub) and Willock clearly b*tching about someone else. Ainsworth talking to Dunne who seemed to be gesturing at Balogun being at fault. Dieng was talking to Balogun. Several others just standing around. Just screamed a fractured group.

Then second half when Laird sat down to come off, first Dickie went over and was clearly annoyed by him, then Chair, who was visibly remonstrating with him. Dieng had to calm Chair down. Balogun was the only one who cared about Laird. I didn’t. He was in no obvious pain. He just sat down, had the physio come on, and he walked off to be subbed. Had been awful up to then anyway. And then after the final whistle Balogun gets involved with fans in the away end and has to be dragged away by Adomah. I’ve said it before but I think a significant chunk of our players are c**ts and aren’t giving it their all or taking responsibility for their performances. No way can they claim they gave everything they had. They mostly went through the motions.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 18:24]
Wigan: Just back on 18:22 - Apr 1 with 3669 viewsdmm

Thanks for the report Hunterhoop. It sounds as bad as I fear. I now think we could drop too. If we do it'll be a complete disaster for us.
Wigan: Just back on 18:24 - Apr 1 with 3628 viewsitsbiga

I think that Huddersfield result just fooked us to L1

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Wigan: Just back on 18:30 - Apr 1 with 3531 viewsQPR_John

Wigan: Just back on 18:18 - Apr 1 by Hunterhoop

Was there too.

Had some time to digest now. Balogun and Dunne for the first were just awful. Laird was a disgrace all game. Martin played like a 45 yrs old bloke retired for 10 years. Willock was half arsed. Dickie woeful in possession. Paal poor distribution. Same for Seny, although his handling was good. We just had no idea how to move the ball forwards and create a chance.

The only two players to come out with any credit were Dykes and Chair. The former worked hard and was a willing runner offering an out ball. The latter came on and tried to take responsibility to create something. Everyone else was p*ss poor and lacking any urgency. I think we’ll go down. Wigan were/are terrible. Genuinely terrible. If you can’t get points against them, I’m not sure who you do collect points against.

On top of that, the body language of the team shows no unity, IMO. At one long stoppage you had Chair (sub) and Willock clearly b*tching about someone else. Ainsworth talking to Dunne who seemed to be gesturing at Balogun being at fault. Dieng was talking to Balogun. Several others just standing around. Just screamed a fractured group.

Then second half when Laird sat down to come off, first Dickie went over and was clearly annoyed by him, then Chair, who was visibly remonstrating with him. Dieng had to calm Chair down. Balogun was the only one who cared about Laird. I didn’t. He was in no obvious pain. He just sat down, had the physio come on, and he walked off to be subbed. Had been awful up to then anyway. And then after the final whistle Balogun gets involved with fans in the away end and has to be dragged away by Adomah. I’ve said it before but I think a significant chunk of our players are c**ts and aren’t giving it their all or taking responsibility for their performances. No way can they claim they gave everything they had. They mostly went through the motions.

Never bought into the idea that players when on the field did not try and just as you say went through the motions but that’s surely the only explanation. I don’t think it is all of them but it only needs a few.
Wigan: Just back on 18:31 - Apr 1 with 3507 viewsted_hendrix

Wigan: Just back on 18:24 - Apr 1 by itsbiga

I think that Huddersfield result just fooked us to L1

We got relegated In the 6th minute when they scored their penalty.

I looked at our squad before KO and thought yea they'll do for me.

Wrong.

Preston will batter us on Friday, kill me for saying It but we've got nothing--nothing at all.

I despise the majority of our players passionately.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan: Just back on 18:31 - Apr 1 with 3484 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm so torn between my fascination to see GA's post-match assessment and abject horror at the prospect I feel sick. If he's still defending his team through teeth not so much gritted as grinding, I'd recommend he checks in with his dentist on Monday morning for some steel fillings.

It's been such a horrible season for us, and also such a horrible and shameful season for the Championship, with, it seems, a new club getting or facing points deductions every week, disgraceful refereeing, and sh*ithousery stinking enough to make pigs vomit, it would be almost a relief to sink.

We have a pointless strike force, a hopeless defence and a feckless midfield. Their keeper had one serious save to make in added time. In its way, against the half-paid, half-trained and basically useless bottom club, today was for me even worse than Blackpool.

We'll probably now demolish Preston, but I'm relieved I'm living safely across the Irish Sea, which is what I'd like the likes of Laird to go into!

Is there any club in the land that looks more determined to f*ck itself right now?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wigan: Just back on 18:35 - Apr 1 with 3453 viewsQPR_John

Wigan: Just back on 18:31 - Apr 1 by stainrods_elbow

I'm so torn between my fascination to see GA's post-match assessment and abject horror at the prospect I feel sick. If he's still defending his team through teeth not so much gritted as grinding, I'd recommend he checks in with his dentist on Monday morning for some steel fillings.

It's been such a horrible season for us, and also such a horrible and shameful season for the Championship, with, it seems, a new club getting or facing points deductions every week, disgraceful refereeing, and sh*ithousery stinking enough to make pigs vomit, it would be almost a relief to sink.

We have a pointless strike force, a hopeless defence and a feckless midfield. Their keeper had one serious save to make in added time. In its way, against the half-paid, half-trained and basically useless bottom club, today was for me even worse than Blackpool.

We'll probably now demolish Preston, but I'm relieved I'm living safely across the Irish Sea, which is what I'd like the likes of Laird to go into!

Is there any club in the land that looks more determined to f*ck itself right now?

“ Is there any club in the land that looks more determined to f*ck itself right now?”

The answer is no and even worse it looks deliberate
Wigan: Just back on 18:37 - Apr 1 with 3424 viewsnomar

Wigan: Just back on 18:31 - Apr 1 by stainrods_elbow

Demolish Preston?

This sad sack shower couldn’t demolish a wet paper bag.

I never thought I could despise a QPR team as much as the 2012/13 squad. Well, it only took a decade to change my mind.
Wigan: Just back on 18:38 - Apr 1 with 3418 viewselnombre

Wigan: Just back on 18:12 - Apr 1 by thame_hoops

Do you own a helicopter ?

I do! But it was a nice day (for up here) so I just walked.

Hunter's report is spot on for me, although I think Willock played a little better than that - on one run he took on and beat three players down the left, and but for Gavin Ward's waving-away of several blatant body-checks, might have made more of an impact.

Mrs Nombre was glad that Gareth has ditched the motorcyle jacket, albeit in favour of some tweed number that last got an outing at his brother's wedding in 1982.

Looking for more positives, Chair looked lively and Wigan doubling up on him created space that we really ought to have used better. If he, Balogun and Willock can stay fit, the cavalry might still save us...
Wigan: Just back on 18:41 - Apr 1 with 3369 viewsLogman

Wigan: Just back on 18:18 - Apr 1 by Hunterhoop

Was there too.

I think as far as leadership and team ethic go we have got some very flaky characters. When I watch the team the only players attitudes towards the team that I like are Sam Field, Jimmy Dunne, Ossie Kakay, Rob Dickie, Lyndon Dykes, and a bit of Aaron Drewe. None of the others show the necessary level of intent or ability to lift their team mates and that includes Stefan Johanssen who for me, doesn't have any impact. I think this is one of the main reasons why we are going down. The majority of the players in the club are either incapable or unaware of the input that they should be having on the team.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 19:01]
Wigan: Just back on 18:58 - Apr 1 with 3206 viewsHunterhoop

Wigan: Just back on 18:41 - Apr 1 by Logman

I think as far as leadership and team ethic go we have got some very flaky characters. When I watch the team the only players attitudes towards the team that I like are Sam Field, Jimmy Dunne, Ossie Kakay, Rob Dickie, Lyndon Dykes, and a bit of Aaron Drewe. None of the others show the necessary level of intent or ability to lift their team mates and that includes Stefan Johanssen who for me, doesn't have any impact. I think this is one of the main reasons why we are going down. The majority of the players in the club are either incapable or unaware of the input that they should be having on the team.

Would agree with that, except for Dickie, who has the permanent demeanour of someone who’s had his lunch money nicked.
Wigan: Just back on 19:04 - Apr 1 with 3139 viewsjohnhoop

Wigan: Just back on 18:41 - Apr 1 by Logman

Astonished you didn’t include Chair in that list. Whenever he plays he gives 100% effort and certainly gives the appearance of someone who really cares about the club.
Wigan: Just back on 19:33 - Apr 1 with 2963 viewsHunterhoop

Wigan: Just back on 19:04 - Apr 1 by johnhoop

Astonished you didn’t include Chair in that list. Whenever he plays he gives 100% effort and certainly gives the appearance of someone who really cares about the club.

Absolutely true, but he does openly remonstrate with team mates, and vocally criticises them during a game. He’s done it quite a bit with Kakay, often when the fault lay entirely with Ilias.

I know it’s his passion and frustration booking over, but it’s not conducive to team spirit. He needs to stop criticising his teammates who are actually trying even if they are limited.
Wigan: Just back on 20:18 - Apr 1 with 2754 viewsClive_Anderson

Fair play to those still trudging around the country spending a fortune watching that every week. How many were there today?
Wigan: Just back on 20:21 - Apr 1 with 2725 viewsRangersw12

Wigan: Just back on 20:18 - Apr 1 by Clive_Anderson

Fair play to those still trudging around the country spending a fortune watching that every week. How many were there today?

Sold 732 before the game
Wigan: Just back on 20:22 - Apr 1 with 2710 viewsSuperhoops2808

Wigan: Just back on 19:33 - Apr 1 by Hunterhoop

Absolutely true, but he does openly remonstrate with team mates, and vocally criticises them during a game. He’s done it quite a bit with Kakay, often when the fault lay entirely with Ilias.

I know it’s his passion and frustration booking over, but it’s not conducive to team spirit. He needs to stop criticising his teammates who are actually trying even if they are limited.

Agreed and while I think he would make a good leader (and does) when he is a leader (captain) he tries to do too much on his own in frustration.
Wigan: Just back on 21:46 - Apr 1 with 2365 viewsLogman

Wigan: Just back on 19:04 - Apr 1 by johnhoop

Correct 100%. It's about understanding what is going on and taking the action to remedy shortfalls. Chair is a great individual who does his role very well but his body language does not shout 'we are going to win this as a team'.
Wigan: Just back on 22:19 - Apr 1 with 2197 viewsjoe90

IMO the chickens have come home to roost. We always had the potential for a monumental collapse and sadly it’s happened. A bit like the insurance on the world trade centre towers, what are the chances of them both collapsing at the same time…well, they did and all our players got injured and the manager buggered off. That and the combination of loan players, injured players coming back for the odd game and a few younger players looking for experience just isn’t the right combination.

We haven’t got the right combination of players to generate the required team spirit to get through this. Judging by the previous few seasons I do think it’s rotten luck.
Wigan: Just back on 01:25 - Apr 2 with 1870 viewsnumptydumpty

Wigan: Just back on 21:46 - Apr 1 by Logman

Correct 100%. It's about understanding what is going on and taking the action to remedy shortfalls. Chair is a great individual who does his role very well but his body language does not shout 'we are going to win this as a team'.

Probably because he knows the character of a great majority of his team mates.

Chair won't be with us next season. Neither will Willock and both will be snapped up for bargain prices and do really well at a championship play off chasing club.

They know that's not hoping yo ge QPR !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024