Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford City match thread 19:48 - Apr 14 with 16793 viewsEllDale

Go on then, someone has to ask the traditional question….is it on?
Plenty of rain coming down.
Bradford City match thread on 17:08 - Apr 15 with 3581 views442Dale

On the pitch we were awful for the opening quarter then looked ok attacking them with pace but second half it slowed down with flashbacks to the pointless ball retention of old. Bradford just had a solid formation, waited for us to lose it and went forward. We totally forgot what was actually making the most of what we had.

Off the pitch the club may face some questions as to why Bradford fans were allowed to stand in great numbers at the front for the whole game, basically doing as they pleased with little action from stewards to get people into their seats. Was it reserved seating? The flares used by both sets of fans and the general behaviour was pretty depressing. Not sure how much of the game some people actually watched.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bradford City match thread on 17:09 - Apr 15 with 3560 viewsturnthescrew

Bradford City match thread on 16:39 - Apr 15 by Rodingdale

Wasn’t quick enough…

Should have arrived in September.
Bradford City match thread on 17:10 - Apr 15 with 3535 viewsR17ALE

Bradford City match thread on 17:03 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

BBM football.

Agree. Mathematically we could go down this Tuesday v Tranmere.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bradford City match thread on 17:12 - Apr 15 with 3483 viewsJames1980

Bradford City match thread on 17:10 - Apr 15 by R17ALE

Rather that than at Stockpot

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Bradford City match thread on 17:14 - Apr 15 with 3454 viewsdawlishdale

Not a good day at the office by anyone really. Jim got the tactics wrong with the fannying round from our goal kicks...everyone can see we don't have the players necessary to try it, so why can't he?

Their first goal came from exactly this. The second from a free kick further out and the third was a fluke that honestly could have ended up anywhere.

Our ONLY efforts were an open net miss by Hendo and a save by their keeper from Odoh when he was through.

Other than that, it was men against boys throughout, with ROD very guilty of dithering on several occasions (especially when he should be claiming crosses three yards out from his goal ) and Keohane almost playing for Bradford at times; such is his sluggishness. Sadly, Lloyd was played on the wrong side of the pitch, Mellor, although blessed with pace could be blown over in the wind, and Brierley was outmuscled throughout.

Big tactical errors from Jim cost us today, but in all honesty, our squad just isn't good enough to beat a very ordinary but physically huge Bradford team who were nowhere near as good as some of the teams who've beaten us this season, but were very well organised and did a professional job on us.
Bradford City match thread on 17:28 - Apr 15 with 3316 viewsShun

Just a really, really depressing afternoon.
Bradford City match thread on 17:33 - Apr 15 with 3272 viewselectricblue

Bradford City match thread on 16:07 - Apr 15 by rich_dale

There must be a reason why we haven't recalled him, we need all the help we can get

Probably need the game time to get his fitness and confidence levels up.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Bradford City match thread on 17:39 - Apr 15 with 3220 viewselectricblue

Bradford City match thread on 17:10 - Apr 15 by R17ALE

I think we are down now anyway even though it is not mathematically certain...

Just hope that the BoD have a plan National League plan....

Login to get fewer ads

Bradford City match thread on 17:45 - Apr 15 with 3191 viewsSaxonDale

Thought first half we were okay. Poor from Taylor (wasn't his best game) to give the ball away and then compounded by the foul. However as the half went on we got more into the game.

Second half however we were dreadful- Bradford seemed to tweak things at half time and we didn't adapt meaning the passing was often sideways and slow.

Can understand the frustration about the lack of forward passing but I'm McNulty's defence I don't think we have the squad currently available. We are relying on a very poor squad (shown by Ball still being needed) and I don't think we have the depth to change things too much when the players are playing poor/ style isn't working.

Second half McNulty shares his part of the blame but let's not forget the majority of damage was done- and is still being done by the two of the worst managers in this club's history.
Bradford City match thread on 17:49 - Apr 15 with 3157 viewsjudd

Bradford City match thread on 17:14 - Apr 15 by dawlishdale

Not a good day at the office by anyone really. Jim got the tactics wrong with the fannying round from our goal kicks...everyone can see we don't have the players necessary to try it, so why can't he?

Their first goal came from exactly this. The second from a free kick further out and the third was a fluke that honestly could have ended up anywhere.

Our ONLY efforts were an open net miss by Hendo and a save by their keeper from Odoh when he was through.

Other than that, it was men against boys throughout, with ROD very guilty of dithering on several occasions (especially when he should be claiming crosses three yards out from his goal ) and Keohane almost playing for Bradford at times; such is his sluggishness. Sadly, Lloyd was played on the wrong side of the pitch, Mellor, although blessed with pace could be blown over in the wind, and Brierley was outmuscled throughout.

Big tactical errors from Jim cost us today, but in all honesty, our squad just isn't good enough to beat a very ordinary but physically huge Bradford team who were nowhere near as good as some of the teams who've beaten us this season, but were very well organised and did a professional job on us.

Absolutely perfect summary.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bradford City match thread on 17:52 - Apr 15 with 3100 viewsrich_dale

Bradford City match thread on 17:49 - Apr 15 by judd

Absolutely perfect summary.

Seem to remember Hilly saying don't try to play football in non-footballing areas - that should be a club mantra. It often backfires even at elite level never mind us.
Bradford City match thread on 18:06 - Apr 15 with 2979 viewsD_Alien

Just about everything that could go wrong went wrong today, and a lightweight midfield had zero chance to create against their physicality

Felt sorry for Brierley. Hope there weren't any scouts watching today but he was due an off day and his team-mates didn't help by their lack of mobility. One thing in his favour was he never tried to hide, always looking to receive a pass, which takes some guts when you're up against it

Don't think today will make any difference to the board's thoughts on McNulty, whatever they might be. One thing's for sure though, and that's the NL will be full of teams looking to outmuscle us so unless there's a major change of personnel we'll be seeing the same outcomes next season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bradford City match thread on 18:22 - Apr 15 with 2856 viewsjudd

Do we scout oppenents before we play them?

D'Aliens point about centre mid is bang on.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bradford City match thread on 18:24 - Apr 15 with 2836 viewsToffeemanc

Bradford City match thread on 17:39 - Apr 15 by electricblue

I think we are down now anyway even though it is not mathematically certain...

Just hope that the BoD have a plan National League plan....

Personally I’d accepted we would be relegated at the end of January, just hope it’s not mathematically confirmed at Stockport.

Your point about the current board having a plan for next season in the National League is the key point in this season now for me.

Currently I certainly have no intention of committing any money for a season ticket for next season until I now the plan, the prices , the manager, the players etc. for next season.
For me the footballing decisions made by the board have contributed massively to the situation we are in and it pains me to say it but I don’t have any faith in them making the correct footballing decisions for next season. It’s obvious that they are businessmen who are trying to run the club as a profitable business which is something I don’t think will ever happen. It seems like the actual product of the football on the pitch just seems to be an afterthought. Watching Dale this season has become a chore and not something that is entertaining or enjoyable.

Having left early today when the 3rd goal went in for the first time ever in over 15 years of watching along with actively choosing not to attend the recent Stockport home game despite having a season ticket and being able to attend. I just feel my connection with the club in its current state is weakening weekly.

What happens between now and July is going to be crucial for the club for next season,and for me personally will make up my mind about renewing my season ticket.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 18:29]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Bradford City match thread on 18:44 - Apr 15 with 2694 viewsD_Alien

Bradford City match thread on 18:24 - Apr 15 by Toffeemanc

Personally I’d accepted we would be relegated at the end of January, just hope it’s not mathematically confirmed at Stockport.

Your point about the current board having a plan for next season in the National League is the key point in this season now for me.

Currently I certainly have no intention of committing any money for a season ticket for next season until I now the plan, the prices , the manager, the players etc. for next season.
For me the footballing decisions made by the board have contributed massively to the situation we are in and it pains me to say it but I don’t have any faith in them making the correct footballing decisions for next season. It’s obvious that they are businessmen who are trying to run the club as a profitable business which is something I don’t think will ever happen. It seems like the actual product of the football on the pitch just seems to be an afterthought. Watching Dale this season has become a chore and not something that is entertaining or enjoyable.

Having left early today when the 3rd goal went in for the first time ever in over 15 years of watching along with actively choosing not to attend the recent Stockport home game despite having a season ticket and being able to attend. I just feel my connection with the club in its current state is weakening weekly.

What happens between now and July is going to be crucial for the club for next season,and for me personally will make up my mind about renewing my season ticket.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 18:29]

There's a lot of long-time fans in the same boat

Unfortunately, the timeframe for any clarity on our approach to the NL is muddied by the board taking the consultancy route, which i have little faith in as it is. I just can't abide the idea of people who aren't connected with Dale telling/advising us how we should be operating, even when mistakes are being made. As others have said, offers of help from people who're Dale to the core such as Chris Dunphy haven't been taken up, and basically everything is put on hold. The consultancy business just makes me feel it'll end up even less like the club i've supported for six decades

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bradford City match thread on 19:01 - Apr 15 with 2562 views49thseason

Bradford City match thread on 18:22 - Apr 15 by judd

Do we scout oppenents before we play them?

D'Aliens point about centre mid is bang on.

Well, we dont bother looking at the table so scouting opponents probably isnt very high in the agenda. Seems like they probably don't even know who they are playing against until they trot out onto the pitch. This is known as "Mushroom Management".
Once you start filling players heads with stuff like tactics and strategy, they get all confused so probably best not to tell them anything really and just send them out with clear minds unsullied by anything that takes up too much headspace.
Bradford City match thread on 19:09 - Apr 15 with 2470 viewssince58

Bradford City match thread on 19:01 - Apr 15 by 49thseason

Well, we dont bother looking at the table so scouting opponents probably isnt very high in the agenda. Seems like they probably don't even know who they are playing against until they trot out onto the pitch. This is known as "Mushroom Management".
Once you start filling players heads with stuff like tactics and strategy, they get all confused so probably best not to tell them anything really and just send them out with clear minds unsullied by anything that takes up too much headspace.

Weve been too camp all season
Bradford City match thread on 19:11 - Apr 15 with 2457 views442Dale

One of the topics for discussion at the first Trust-fans meeting: “Communication from the Club — footballing.”

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/04/trust-to-host-supporters-meetings/

There will be a demand for effective, time focused feedback following the meeting as well. Bearing in mind the club themselves have said they “will be working hard in the coming weeks to meet the needs of supporters as best as possible. As always, the club welcomes feedback and supporter consultation in these and any other areas”, that should be achievable if there’s such a commitment already in place.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/march/boardstatement_280323/

Luckily, another topic at the first Trust meeting is “Process for feedback”, so it will be good to decide upon this and realistic timescales. Timescales that appreciate the need for answers to supporter feedback/questions/concerns as quickly as possible.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 19:17]

Bradford City match thread on 19:31 - Apr 15 with 2351 views_Windydale

It was like the players had been told bad news before the game. we played without the confidence. of previous games.

The first 15 minutes they got very tight, closing us down, harassing us, the players weren't up for it after that. We never recovered. Maybe it was the sun and warm afternoon.

What has happened to Liam Kelly? (Is he keen to get his pass-completion stats up - playing safe with no adventure). so negative in his passing, and failing to see the forward runs of mellor and Hendo.

[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 19:40]
Bradford City match thread on 19:37 - Apr 15 with 2296 viewsNorthernDale

Today was abysmal, we did not create anything or seriously threaten Bradford's goal, in some respects it was like going back to the days of BBM, passing the ball out of the defence and over passing it, then losing possession. I was fed up with the almost casual play today, in which we acted as if we were winning, rather then losing. It was the same going forward, Bradford got the ball into the box quickly, we passed it around, like it was a training session, until we lost. Apparently listening to Jim's interview, the possession style of football, is one he wants to continue to use and he made reference to how the fans seem frustrated that we did not get it forward quickly enough. But like we found under BBM, you can have possession, like today we had 55% possession, but if you only manage 1 shot on target and get beat, it is not a recipe for success.

Today was the day, we all but went down and with a whimper as well, which made it worse.
Bradford City match thread on 19:42 - Apr 15 with 2270 viewsEllDale

For what it’s worth I didn’t think that Bradford were the best team to come to Spotland this season.
But they were well drilled, physically superior and organised.
Every single player fitted into the framework.
Having said that, given the squad they have they’re perhaps underachieving.
Dale were also disappointing today. BJ’s new lineup being ruthlessly exposed by opponents who had obviously done their homework.
Brierley closed down and harried off the ball on several occasions. Lloyd marked out of the game. Odoh in his new role up the middle making no impression and seemingly unable to control the ball.
My biggest beef is with this style though.
It’s BBM lite even down to the manager wearing some sort of cool hoodie.
This farce of thinking that EEL and Taylor are John Stones clones is a joke. The former made his name as a good lower division stopper.
Having said that, movement up front was non-existent.
We needed a high tempo start in my opinion but exactly the opposite happened.
If I didn’t have a season ticket I wouldn’t pay to watch this nonsense and the board need to tell BJ if he wants to apply for the managerial vacancy then he’d better stop talking about the fooking process and fielding a team that goes back to basics.
Bradford City match thread on 19:50 - Apr 15 with 2232 views442Dale

The comments about the fans make no sense. We know that playing a goal kick to either of our centre halves stood next to our keeper invites pressure. If it leads to one goalscoring chance it’s one too many.

There’s a difference between not wanting to see dangerous, pointless passing and saying fans want to go direct. We want to see effective, forward thinking, passing football.

Bradford City match thread on 19:53 - Apr 15 with 2214 viewselectricblue

Bradford City match thread on 18:44 - Apr 15 by D_Alien

There's a lot of long-time fans in the same boat

Unfortunately, the timeframe for any clarity on our approach to the NL is muddied by the board taking the consultancy route, which i have little faith in as it is. I just can't abide the idea of people who aren't connected with Dale telling/advising us how we should be operating, even when mistakes are being made. As others have said, offers of help from people who're Dale to the core such as Chris Dunphy haven't been taken up, and basically everything is put on hold. The consultancy business just makes me feel it'll end up even less like the club i've supported for six decades

What is the situation with the current board and not contacting Chris Dunphy!
Does it all boil down to CD selling his shares to Altman and co?

I always thought that the animosity towards CD stemmed from the previous DoD and agent B..

I find it staggering that this BoD ignored a man with the experience CD as....

Bradford City match thread on 20:11 - Apr 15 with 2083 viewsTalkingSutty

Bradford City match thread on 19:50 - Apr 15 by 442Dale

The comments about the fans make no sense. We know that playing a goal kick to either of our centre halves stood next to our keeper invites pressure. If it leads to one goalscoring chance it’s one too many.

There’s a difference between not wanting to see dangerous, pointless passing and saying fans want to go direct. We want to see effective, forward thinking, passing football.

That interview tells you all you need to know. Of course the fans were a bit nervous and anxious, we expected to see a team fighting for their life's and playing on the front foot. It was a do or die game and we played it at walking pace, hardly put a tackle in and just handed them them the first goal on a plate. You would never have thought that we were fighting for our EFL existence today, it was a surrender from the start to finish. McNulty looked like he was trying his hardest not to laugh throughout that interview. He needs to go with the majority of his team mates but will probably be given the job because it will save money. That's the ambition that this club now has.
Bradford City match thread on 20:18 - Apr 15 with 2011 viewsSandyman

Bradford City match thread on 20:11 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

That interview tells you all you need to know. Of course the fans were a bit nervous and anxious, we expected to see a team fighting for their life's and playing on the front foot. It was a do or die game and we played it at walking pace, hardly put a tackle in and just handed them them the first goal on a plate. You would never have thought that we were fighting for our EFL existence today, it was a surrender from the start to finish. McNulty looked like he was trying his hardest not to laugh throughout that interview. He needs to go with the majority of his team mates but will probably be given the job because it will save money. That's the ambition that this club now has.

Well, that were bob wasn't it?
Big Jim is right that the players didn't turn up. Don't think forgiveness will improve that factor, and being "proud" of such a disappointing display is sooooo BBM. It were bob.
Hoofing the ball up to Mellor, the weakest player on the pitch, when marked by two much bigger players did not work but was repeated on numerous occasions. Why?
The fans got nervy, frustrated and agitated says Big Jim. Too right. You know that league table you don't look at? We see it and it isn't good.

We really, really do need to increase the physical presence in the squad this Summer and get a midfield hardman on board ready for 2023-24. We are so lightweight with too many small players who are so easily beaten.

See you Tuesday
UP THE DALE
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024