Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . 12:05 - May 11 with 34074 viewsbwildered

Reported that Blackburn Rovers made a bid for Junior in the January transfer window , now returning for another .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 19:15 - Jun 23 with 1965 viewsburnsieespana

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 15:00 - Jun 23 by RSCOSWORTH

Looks like it's an AI written article to me so not sure how much truth there is in it.

The keeper has signed for Hibernian.

I hope we go for Tom Smith
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:13 - Jun 25 with 1738 viewsghughes11

Ryan Jackson: Sutton United sign defender from Cheltenham Town

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65999416

Defender Ryan Jackson will join Sutton United when his contract at Cheltenham Town expires at the end of the month.

The 32-year-old right-back made 43 appearances for the Robins after joining from Gillingham last summer.

Jackson has previously had spells with AFC Wimbledon, Macclesfield Town, Newport County and Colchester United.

"He's got vast experience, is a tremendous character and will bring strong competition to our back line," boss Matt Gray told the club website.

The League Two club have not disclosed the length of Jackson's contract.

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 08:15 - Jun 26 with 1698 viewsburnsieespana

BG was quoted as saying over weekend he hoped a second signing would ne completed before players head off to Spain over next day or so.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 17:39 - Jun 26 with 1621 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 08:15 - Jun 26 by burnsieespana

BG was quoted as saying over weekend he hoped a second signing would ne completed before players head off to Spain over next day or so.

Maybe this is who he was referring to.

Nico Lawrence, 19 year old defender on loan from Southampton. Spent time with Torquay last season.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/june/lawrence-joins-on-loan/

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 18:02 - Jun 26 with 1612 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:13 - Jun 25 by ghughes11

Ryan Jackson: Sutton United sign defender from Cheltenham Town

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65999416

Defender Ryan Jackson will join Sutton United when his contract at Cheltenham Town expires at the end of the month.

The 32-year-old right-back made 43 appearances for the Robins after joining from Gillingham last summer.

Jackson has previously had spells with AFC Wimbledon, Macclesfield Town, Newport County and Colchester United.

"He's got vast experience, is a tremendous character and will bring strong competition to our back line," boss Matt Gray told the club website.

The League Two club have not disclosed the length of Jackson's contract.

Sutton have also signed Sowunmi from Bromley.

There's quite a few former Col U defenders looking for a new club so they could go for a whole back four or five!

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 20:27 - Jun 26 with 1572 viewsghughes11

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 18:02 - Jun 26 by RSCOSWORTH

Sutton have also signed Sowunmi from Bromley.

There's quite a few former Col U defenders looking for a new club so they could go for a whole back four or five!

Ha ha! Yeah I noticed that too

Just down the road for Eastman

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 20:32 - Jun 26 with 1569 viewsburnsieespana

Why do we need to bring in a young centre back when we already have two of our own?
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 20:56 - Jun 26 with 1561 viewsghughes11

A couple of other ex-Col U players on the move......

Jevani Brown. Released by Exeter after he was suspended by the Grecians in February and has not played since after being charged with assaulting two women, has moved up the M5 to Bristol Rovers.

Rekeil Pyke (who we had on loan): Grimsby Town sign striker from Shrewsbury Town on two-year deal. The 25-year-old made 42 appearances for Shrewsbury in all competitions last season, scoring three goals.

Login to get fewer ads

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 23:01 - Jun 26 with 1530 viewsdurham_exile

I do hope that we are still looking down the road at Chelmsford City for our old striker Michael Folivi.

Also my Rochdale favourite striker Devante Rodney.

Come on get the deals done for when we return from Malaga.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 12:05 - Jun 27 with 1476 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 17:39 - Jun 26 by RSCOSWORTH

Maybe this is who he was referring to.

Nico Lawrence, 19 year old defender on loan from Southampton. Spent time with Torquay last season.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/june/lawrence-joins-on-loan/

Sounds very promising, and highly rated by the Torquay supporters apparently. Given he arrived in January, and that coincided (more or less) with their improved form to nearly pull of the relegation great escape, am I making 2+2=5?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 13:41 - Jun 27 with 1449 viewsdurham_exile

Will Grigg is on fire at Chesterfield.

Fantastic signing for the Spireites.

Come on the U's get on with our new signings

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 17:12 - Jun 27 with 1416 viewsburnsieespana

Durham I have to admit to being disappointed with just two signings one of which is a loan for a young centre back when we already have two of our own.
Torquay might well have given rave notices but bottom of the National League is rather different to top half of League 2 where we want to be this year.
To be honest am very underwhelmed at the moment.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 23:17 - Jun 27 with 1330 viewsmfb_cufc

We are interested in getting a season long loan of Harry McKirdy from Hibs, and Louis Reed from Mansfield. Two players who played for Ben Garner when he was manager of Swindon.

mfb

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 23:32 - Jun 27 with 1334 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 17:12 - Jun 27 by burnsieespana

Durham I have to admit to being disappointed with just two signings one of which is a loan for a young centre back when we already have two of our own.
Torquay might well have given rave notices but bottom of the National League is rather different to top half of League 2 where we want to be this year.
To be honest am very underwhelmed at the moment.

Burnsie - Mick has confirmed the club's interest in two former Swindon players under BG.

Neither is a done deal yet.

I do hope like you that the signings come sooner rather than later because it is midfield and up front that need strengthening and quick.
Up the Malaga located U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 08:57 - Jun 28 with 1312 viewsbwildered

Harry McKirdy - Hibs

The 26-year-old striker played under U's head coach Ben Garner at Swindon Town, scoring 22 goals in 37 league starts as they reached the League Two play-offs in the 2021-22 season.
And now reports suggest Colchester could make a move to reunite McKirdy with his former boss Garner at the JobServe Community Stadium.
McKirdy's goalscoring exploits in that campaign with Swindon led to him being named in the EFL League Two Team of the Season, along with scooping the Robins' Player of the Season award.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 10:31 - Jun 28 with 1294 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 12:05 - Jun 27 by wessex_exile

Sounds very promising, and highly rated by the Torquay supporters apparently. Given he arrived in January, and that coincided (more or less) with their improved form to nearly pull of the relegation great escape, am I making 2+2=5?

Also comes with a glowing recommendation from Big Frank who described Nico as a "baller".

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 10:39 - Jun 28 with 1293 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 08:57 - Jun 28 by bwildered

Harry McKirdy - Hibs

The 26-year-old striker played under U's head coach Ben Garner at Swindon Town, scoring 22 goals in 37 league starts as they reached the League Two play-offs in the 2021-22 season.
And now reports suggest Colchester could make a move to reunite McKirdy with his former boss Garner at the JobServe Community Stadium.
McKirdy's goalscoring exploits in that campaign with Swindon led to him being named in the EFL League Two Team of the Season, along with scooping the Robins' Player of the Season award.

On face value his stats at Hibs are underwhelming - no goals in 22 league appearances, but checking on soccerbase only five of those were starts, the rest coming off the bench. I'll take his Swindon record as a better reflection of what he can achieve with us - provided Hibs will let him out on loan and of course he want's to come to Col U in the first place.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 11:19 - Jun 28 with 1281 viewsburnsieespana

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 10:39 - Jun 28 by wessex_exile

On face value his stats at Hibs are underwhelming - no goals in 22 league appearances, but checking on soccerbase only five of those were starts, the rest coming off the bench. I'll take his Swindon record as a better reflection of what he can achieve with us - provided Hibs will let him out on loan and of course he want's to come to Col U in the first place.

Think you are right. My step daughter's partner is a Hibbs supporter and feels he didn't really settle in Edinburgh.
He thinks Hibbs will want to sell as they are bringing a few. In costing fees in preparation for playing in Euro Cup.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 00:39 - Jun 29 with 1178 viewsdurham_exile

Luke Garbutt has signed for Salford after leaving Blackpool.

Now there is a player who looked all the world a premier League prospect when he played for Col U.

A disappointing descent through the leagues for Luke.

Up the Malaga based U's
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 23:06]

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 10:24 - Jun 29 with 1139 viewsbwildered

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 00:39 - Jun 29 by durham_exile

Luke Garbutt has signed for Salford after leaving Blackpool.

Now there is a player who looked all the world a premier League prospect when he played for Col U.

A disappointing descent through the leagues for Luke.

Up the Malaga based U's
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 23:06]

Garbutt had Baines to dislodge in the Everton setup . Unfortunately Garbutt substained a ACL injury which kept him on the sidelines for some considerable time, in which time the PL side had signed another replacement from I think MK Dons. Sadly a classic case of your career being disrupted by injury .

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 12:43 - Jun 29 with 1117 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 08:54 - Jun 14 by durham_exile

It is not too late for Colchester to offer Tom something.

He deserves much better than Southend or Dagenham.

Up the U's

Transfer window opens today.
Let's get those deals done.

Dagenham it is.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 12:48 - Jun 29 with 1116 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 12:43 - Jun 29 by RSCOSWORTH

Dagenham it is.

https://daggers.co.uk/news/-NZ5Dk07P3VR5HUUUXqU

All the best Tom!

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 15:49 - Jun 29 with 1102 viewsburnsieespana

Yes good luck Tom.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 16:03 - Jun 29 with 1096 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 15:49 - Jun 29 by burnsieespana

Yes good luck Tom.

Agreed good luck Tom.
Anywhere is certainly better than Southend I suppose.

Up the sun soaked Malaga based U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:59 - Jun 29 with 1035 viewsgerry_us

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 15:49 - Jun 29 by burnsieespana

Yes good luck Tom.

I absolutely know we will miss you!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024