Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you ever sit near a famous face 22:30 - Jun 17 with 5938 viewsnumptydumpty

Michael Gove springs to mind. Sean Walsh also think he has season ticket.

Any ex players. See Kevin Gallen in SAR quite randomly.

Couple seasons ago randomly sat next to Tjaron Cherry.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 21:07 - Jun 18 with 1398 viewsNoDiddley

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 16:44 - Jun 18 by HAMRanger

Yeah, why not?!

In my time sat behind
Tommy Collins
Alan Barnes
Keith Davies
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 23:23 - Jun 18 with 1303 viewsenfieldargh

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:46 - Jun 18 by bosh67

Mick Jagger sat behind me years ago against Utd. He's a Utd fan apparently. * He got a coffee at half time, took a sip, scowled and asked if anyone has any brown sugar?

* That last but may not have happened.

I used to sit D block Row M S123. I remember him coming and wearing a duffle coat and sunglasses, sure it was a night game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 23:44 - Jun 18 with 1292 viewsRs_Holy

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 09:19 - Jun 18 by stevec

Spoken a couple of times in SAR and outside the ground to a bloke who could have been Robert Elms but didn’t look quite the same as his publicity photos. Nice fella, hair less bouffant.

Has he got a lookalike down the R’s?

maybe Nigel Slater supports the R's ?
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 00:05 - Jun 19 with 1284 viewsPunteR

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:54 - Jun 18 by Northernr

Little Mick Jagger story... Back in the 90s my mum taught at the primary school just behind Kew Graden tube station. They were holding a fete/bring and buy sale or some sort to raise money for a new piano for the school hall and stuck an advert for it in the Richmond and Twickenham Times (prestigious publication). Well, Jagger lived (maybe still lives) in one of those big mansions on Richmond hill next to the park and must have seen it because one day this white van rolls up at the school, out hops Mick bloody Jagger and a couple of geezers unload a massive fck off piano that he happened to have lying around and gave them for nothing.

He doesn't live there anymore but I think Jerry Hall does. I used to live on Richmond on the hill too. Jagger told me to f#ck off once. So I did.
I also made it into the Richmond &Twickenham Times. Twice in fact. Once for opening a new recycle bin station(quite a new phenomenon in the 80s probably) and the other occasion was for being nicked for vandalism while tripping on Acid.
Not one of my proudest achievements

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 01:00 - Jun 19 with 1254 viewsSydneyRs

Back in the 90s my brother's sister in law knew a couple of youth players and we would get free tickets sometimes to sit in the area where players and their families sat in SAR. Saw several in there including Gallen and others. One game I was slating Les Ferdinand during the first half as he wasn't playing well. At half time everyone stood up and I realised his dad was sitting in front of us. Basically looked the same as Les does now, so it was very obvious who he was. I think Les scored second half and I relented on the criticism!

In the 80s on a handful of occasions a friend's dad got free tickets for the directors box (his employer used to record games for the club I think). We had such tickets for the second home game of the season against that great Everton team of the 80s who were the current league champions. Kevin Sheedy and John Bailey weren't playing and were sitting behind us. Sitting to my left was Trevor Brooking and the other radio commentators. We won 3-0 too, great performance.

Not at a game but Trevor Sinclair and Paul Murray used to come into Yates in Harrow for a beer now and again.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 7:01]
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 09:45 - Jun 19 with 1097 viewsrobith

I bumped into Gove as he was coming out of the loo at Spurs away our last season in the Prem. Like bumped chest to chest. He looked very angry and flustered. Thought it must be kicking off in there but it was just full of lads smoking and doing bugle, thought it would've been his scene
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 09:50 - Jun 19 with 1093 viewsrobith

When I sat in SAR, I used to sit next to the journalist Raymond Snoddy. I however, had no idea of this until he started writing for an industry newsletter I get at work that had a big picture of his face on it. Trying to explain my excitement to my co-workers who were all like ".......o....k. Cool Rob"
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 09:17 - Jun 23 with 762 viewsBluce_Ree

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 00:15 - Jun 18 by HAYESBOY

Sat near Lee Cook away at Chelsea in the League Cup.

Unfortunately sat near Toby Young once.

This reminds me. One day I had a missed called from a mate of mine who works in jewelry. Anyway, I called him back later and he said that basically he had Lee Cook in the shop and when Lee said he played for QPR, my mate told him about me and so Lee said to call me so he could say hello.

Nice chap I guess!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 10:13 - Jun 23 with 715 viewsSheffieldHoop

Nicky Blackmarket is fairly well known in the upper loft

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 10:40 - Jun 23 with 680 viewsed_83

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:54 - Jun 18 by Northernr

Little Mick Jagger story... Back in the 90s my mum taught at the primary school just behind Kew Graden tube station. They were holding a fete/bring and buy sale or some sort to raise money for a new piano for the school hall and stuck an advert for it in the Richmond and Twickenham Times (prestigious publication). Well, Jagger lived (maybe still lives) in one of those big mansions on Richmond hill next to the park and must have seen it because one day this white van rolls up at the school, out hops Mick bloody Jagger and a couple of geezers unload a massive fck off piano that he happened to have lying around and gave them for nothing.

My decidedly less exciting Mick Jagger story:

My mate used to work in Video City in Notting Hill, and once had to deal with an extremely rude Rolling Stones fan, who barged in wearing a band t-shirt with the lips logo on it, stormed up to the counter, knocking past a customer who was previously being served, and loudly demanded a copy of (1968 Stones documentary) Sympathy For The Devil.

My mate had to sheepishly admit that they didn't have it, at which point the guy sighed theatrically and flounced out. My mate then turned to the customer he'd been serving previously - none other than Mick Jagger - to apologise for the disruption. He said that Mick was an extremely good sport about the whole thing.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 10:42 - Jun 23 with 676 viewsed_83

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 10:13 - Jun 23 by SheffieldHoop

I didn't know he was an R! This is very cool.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 10:43 - Jun 23 with 674 views1MoreBrightonR

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 10:13 - Jun 23 by SheffieldHoop

ha ha amazing.

Alan Wilder, former depeche mode keyboardist had a season ticket next to us in south africa road for a good few years. Very nice guy.

Rush Brevett was in the stand a fair bit after he joined Fulham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024