Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes new deal ? 13:10 - Aug 18 with 3576 viewsKeithHaynes

By all accounts. Should shut up the idiots that frequent Twitter for a bit.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 13:22 - Aug 18 with 2687 viewsWhiterockin

Buy out clause inserted?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 13:55 - Aug 18 with 2619 viewsRhonddaSwans

I want this deal done, then for the release I want Matt talking about how much Russ held him back .While also stating a list of non league teams he would of gone to over Southampton.

All jokes aside Marmite Grimes is by far our best midfielder general, hos passing is sublime.
So this would be awesome if it went through.
If Joe Allen was 5 years younger it would be Joe.
Hopefully now with el capitan signing Mr Piroe will be next .

This is promising shows us Duff is a good influence over the lads.

Poll: what is more Exciting

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 14:02 - Aug 18 with 2601 viewsQJumpingJack

I wonder if Martin and Southampton are unable to sign any of our players until the compensation is sorted out with the lawyers?
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 14:05 - Aug 18 with 2589 viewsswan_si

Will somebody pick Dr Winston up off the floor please.😉
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 14:09 - Aug 18 with 2582 viewsRhonddaSwans

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 14:02 - Aug 18 by QJumpingJack

I wonder if Martin and Southampton are unable to sign any of our players until the compensation is sorted out with the lawyers?

I am supprised Piroe and Grimes hasn't all ready signed. With the plethora of options Southampton now have it might be the case of Russ not having the final say on transfers.

They should pay up what they owe us or I wouldn't entertain an offer for anyone off them.
Hopefully Joel has his heights set higher than Southampton.

Poll: what is more Exciting

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 14:18 - Aug 18 with 2556 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 14:02 - Aug 18 by QJumpingJack

Not at all, money talks and Grimes was happy to stay in Swansea close to his wife’s family as well.

I for one see this as a positive.

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 14:38 - Aug 18 with 2493 viewsQJumpingJack

Wood? Piroe?
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:10 - Aug 18 with 2409 viewsTimBowen

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-captain-matt-grimes-extends-contra

It's official!
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:10 - Aug 18 with 2402 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:10 - Aug 18 by TimBowen

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-captain-matt-grimes-extends-contra

It's official!

I suppose they had to say something 😂👍

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:26 - Aug 18 with 2359 viewsWhiterockin

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:10 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

I suppose they had to say something 😂👍

He had 2 years left and now until the summer 2027 there has to be more to this.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:30 - Aug 18 with 2337 viewsReslovenSwan1

The criticism of Grimes by the fans is the same Duff is making of the team as a whole.

Duff in his press conference said we had 60%+ of the ball but s did not carry enough threat with that possession. 60% possession should mean 60% of the shots on and off target and corners etc. It happens with the big PL team buy It rarely happened under Martin.

Much of this is a Grimes issue it seems to me. Grimes will be pushed on to take game by the throat more and take more risks perhaps. Allen holding and Grimes in middle of an attacking three.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:35 - Aug 18 with 2321 viewsRichardO

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 14:18 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

Not at all, money talks and Grimes was happy to stay in Swansea close to his wife’s family as well.

I for one see this as a positive.

For me drops way to deep, spent far too much time in the defensive line in the last four years When Downes played he was better at covering behind our 3 CB defenders as they push forward because he had the pace if not the experience, only for Grimes catching up eventually to make it a 5 man defence, 3 CB and two midfielder to make the pointless two yard pass, so deep leaving the wide men only two option down the line or backwards because there was no one in the open middle of the park.
We can berate our defenders about bad passing out of defence but if you don't get midfielders with good movement off the ball the defenders end up forcing the pass.
Cannot compare Grimes movement to Leon Britton's nor Joe Allen's since he has come back funnily enough we look a different team with Joe in it but you cannot rely on Joe to last the season without injury and needs to be used carefully and cannot rely on Grimes or Fulton together to push up through the midfield at pace hopefully with the new permanent players signed they can help them and ease the problem we have had in the middle for a while.
We have addressed quite a few short comings in the team since relegation and the financial turmoil involved hopefully we can push on with what seems to be a more solid base this season( trying to forget the young school boy defending seen at WBA) .
You should note that Duff has not put Grimes as one of the last two defenders at our attacking corners as previous managers have at a cost to rhe team.
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:42 - Aug 18 with 2296 viewsItchySphincter

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 14:05 - Aug 18 by swan_si

Will somebody pick Dr Winston up off the floor please.😉

Dr Winston has always been the no.1 football poster on these boards but even he is wrong sometimes, and he’s always been spectacularly wrong about Matthew Grimes. He’s got a huge notch missing when it comes to that boy.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:03 - Aug 18 with 2215 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:42 - Aug 18 by ItchySphincter

Dr Winston has always been the no.1 football poster on these boards but even he is wrong sometimes, and he’s always been spectacularly wrong about Matthew Grimes. He’s got a huge notch missing when it comes to that boy.

Number 1 to you that is.
If so,how can he be wrong
Grimes will exit if a more attr@tive offer comes in.
So far,none have which shows he’s not really seen as that impressive by other clubs. Otherwise ,they d have taken him from us.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:06 - Aug 18 with 2213 viewsRichardO

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:30 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

The criticism of Grimes by the fans is the same Duff is making of the team as a whole.

Duff in his press conference said we had 60%+ of the ball but s did not carry enough threat with that possession. 60% possession should mean 60% of the shots on and off target and corners etc. It happens with the big PL team buy It rarely happened under Martin.

Much of this is a Grimes issue it seems to me. Grimes will be pushed on to take game by the throat more and take more risks perhaps. Allen holding and Grimes in middle of an attacking three.

Do hope he is push further forward but that just raises the question who plays in the centre with him, had Cory Smith and Fulton along side him worked well defensively but not in an attacking sense given Smith's nose bleeds once he got anywhere near the opposition's penalty box, Hourihane inclusion seemed like a masterstroke but ended up being a 100% backward step.
When Martin played four at the back Grimes didn't need to drop back so often and could have more effect further up the park which might give Duff the idea he may need to change things at the back.
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:09 - Aug 18 with 2199 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:06 - Aug 18 by RichardO

Do hope he is push further forward but that just raises the question who plays in the centre with him, had Cory Smith and Fulton along side him worked well defensively but not in an attacking sense given Smith's nose bleeds once he got anywhere near the opposition's penalty box, Hourihane inclusion seemed like a masterstroke but ended up being a 100% backward step.
When Martin played four at the back Grimes didn't need to drop back so often and could have more effect further up the park which might give Duff the idea he may need to change things at the back.

Good posting. Grimes seems to me to almost be taking up a centre half s position . WhTbhe does is simply stroke the ball backwards of sideways . I believe he is skilful and can and should develop his game better than he has.

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:10 - Aug 18 with 2201 viewsswan_si

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 15:42 - Aug 18 by ItchySphincter

Not knocking him, I quite like and agree with a lot of his posts, not all of course, but that's what opinions are about, but I'm looking forward to his contribution on this topic.😬😉
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:15 - Aug 18 with 2176 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:10 - Aug 18 by swan_si

Not knocking him, I quite like and agree with a lot of his posts, not all of course, but that's what opinions are about, but I'm looking forward to his contribution on this topic.😬😉

Depends on who is seen as right or wrong.
That applies to us all.
Nobody is right or wrong all the time

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:21 - Aug 18 with 2154 viewsjack247

Great news.

The last two managers didn’t get the best out of him. Potter did. Hopefully this is an indication Duff thinks he’s a figured out a way to use him effectively.
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:54 - Aug 18 with 2086 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 16:21 - Aug 18 by jack247

Great news.

The last two managers didn’t get the best out of him. Potter did. Hopefully this is an indication Duff thinks he’s a figured out a way to use him effectively.

Hopefully.

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 17:09 - Aug 18 with 2061 viewsFireboy2

Watching last week fulton and grimes were bossed by an average WBA midfield.

Their secret? To get the ball forward quickly, whereas we were our usual lethargic passing it about aimlessly in between the 18 yard box and the halfway line.

Grimes should be further up the pitch with allen in the defensive midfielder role.
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 17:12 - Aug 18 with 2054 viewsTreforys_Jack

Seems to me you can't have a difference of opinion on here lately without being called an idiot. I think Grimes has and does hold us back. Hopefully Duff will use him more offensively and encourage the lad to take more risks.
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 17:28 - Aug 18 with 2019 viewsswan_si

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 17:09 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

Watching last week fulton and grimes were bossed by an average WBA midfield.

Their secret? To get the ball forward quickly, whereas we were our usual lethargic passing it about aimlessly in between the 18 yard box and the halfway line.

Grimes should be further up the pitch with allen in the defensive midfielder role.

What really grips my grapes is when one or the other run 10 yards toward the player with the ball, receives a 5 yard pass and gives it straight back, now we have 2 midfielders facing each other 5 yards apart, surely the player facing the opposition receiving the ball must have a view of whats in front of him, and make a quick pass to somebody out wide or through the channel, is it because there's no movement in front of him? surely if he's dragged a player with him that must leave space for somebody else to run into.🤷‍♂️
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 17:38 - Aug 18 with 1997 viewsFireboy2

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 17:12 - Aug 18 by Treforys_Jack

Seems to me you can't have a difference of opinion on here lately without being called an idiot. I think Grimes has and does hold us back. Hopefully Duff will use him more offensively and encourage the lad to take more risks.

He does hold us back but I disagree with you re difference of opinion and being called an idiot.
Matt Grimes new deal ? on 17:43 - Aug 18 with 1986 viewsFireboy2

Matt Grimes new deal ? on 17:28 - Aug 18 by swan_si

What really grips my grapes is when one or the other run 10 yards toward the player with the ball, receives a 5 yard pass and gives it straight back, now we have 2 midfielders facing each other 5 yards apart, surely the player facing the opposition receiving the ball must have a view of whats in front of him, and make a quick pass to somebody out wide or through the channel, is it because there's no movement in front of him? surely if he's dragged a player with him that must leave space for somebody else to run into.🤷‍♂️

Well last week for 70 mins there was little or no movement but after 70 we all of a sudden developed an extra yard, I think it's because we are a fit side but more importantly it's because we didn't have much pace on the pitch.

I'm hoping that duff has recognised this and he will start with ginnelly and patino.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024