Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? 19:20 - Aug 25 with 7011 viewsKeithHaynes

Luis Rubiales

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:49 - Aug 28 with 1293 viewsWhiterockin

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:47 - Aug 28 by Fireboy2

Luis Rubiales: Spanish prosecutors open preliminary sex abuse investigation - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66640485

I await a response from Rhondda.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 16:18 - Aug 28 with 1230 viewsbuilthjack

That’s the end of kissing in the game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 23:38 - Aug 28 with 1122 viewstheloneranger

"FIFA will reportedly push for Luis Rubiales to be banned from all football for 15 years after the Spanish Football Federation withdrew its support for him."

https://talksport.com/football/1548371/luis-rubiales-fifa-potential-ban-spanish-

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 06:41 - Aug 29 with 1093 viewsWhiterockin

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 23:38 - Aug 28 by theloneranger

"FIFA will reportedly push for Luis Rubiales to be banned from all football for 15 years after the Spanish Football Federation withdrew its support for him."

https://talksport.com/football/1548371/luis-rubiales-fifa-potential-ban-spanish-

And still some can't see it, time for a rethink.

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 07:16 - Aug 29 with 1064 viewstheloneranger

Spanish footballer and World Cup Winner Jenni Hermoso has just issued the following statement via Twitter:

Rough English translation:

"After achieving one of the most desired successes of my sports career and after a few days of reflection, I want to wholeheartedly thank my teammates, fans, followers, the media and all of you who have made this dream come true. Your work and unconditional support have been a fundamental part of winning the World Cup.

In reference to what happened today: Although it is true that for my part I do not want to interfere with the multiple legal processes in progress, I feel compelled to denounce that the words of Mr. Luis Rubiales explaining the 'unfortunate incident' are categorically false and part of the manipulative culture that he himself has generated.

I clarify that at no time did the conversation to which Mr. Luis Rubiales referred to take place and that, far from it, his kiss was not consented. In the same way I want to reiterate as I did at the time that this 'incident' was unpleasant to me.

The situation caused me a shock due to the context of the celebration, and with the passage of time and after delving a little deeper into those first feelings, I feel the need to denounce this fact since I consider that no person, in any area work, sports or social should be a victim of this type of non-consensual behaviour.

I felt vulnerable and the victim of aggression, an impulsive, sexist, out of place act and without any kind of consent on my part.

I just wasn't respected.

I was asked to make a joint statement to take the pressure off the president, but at that moment in my head I only had the idea of ​​enjoying the historic milestone reached together with my teammates. For this reason, at all times I informed the RFEF and its different interlocutors, as well as the media and people I trust that I would not make any type of individual or joint statement on this matter, since I understood that, if I did, I would still remove more prominence to such a special moment for my colleagues and me.

Despite my decision, I have to state that I have been under continuous pressure to come up with a statement that could justify the act of Mr. Luis Rubiales. Not only that, but in different ways and through different people, the RFEF has pressured my environment (family, friends, colleagues, etc.) to give testimony that had little or nothing to do with my feelings. .

It is not up to me to evaluate communication and integrity practices, but I am sure that as the World Champion National Team we do not deserve such a manipulative, hostile and controlling culture. This type of incident joins a long list of situations that we players have been denouncing in recent years, so this fact, in which I have been involved, is just the straw that breaks the camel's back and what everyone has been able to see, but attitudes like this have been part of the day-to-day life of our team for years.

For all these reasons, I want to reinforce the position I took from the beginning, considering that I do not have to support the person who has committed this action against my will, without respecting me, at a historic moment for me and for women's sport and for this country.

In no case can it be my responsibility to assume the consequences of transmitting something in which I do not believe, which is why I have refused the pressures received.

ZERO TOLERANCE to these behaviours!

I want to close by making it very clear that although I am the one expressing these words, it is all the players in Spain and the world who have given me the strength to come out with this statement. Faced with such a show of disrespect and inability to recognise one's own mistakes and assume the consequences, I have made the decision not to play for the National Team again as long as the current leaders continue.

Thank you all for the messages of support and words of encouragement received. I know I am not alone and thanks to all of you we will get ahead more united. I leave this issue to the people I trust TMJ and FUTPRO and they will continue working on the next steps based on recent events."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 16:11 - Aug 29 with 935 viewsReslovenSwan1

What we are seeing here is a collision of at least two cultures. Men after winning something over celebrate. Massed bodies diving on each other in an "unacceptable" human body scrum. Martinez at the World cup. We remember fondly the disrespectful Tate Trundle tee shirts at the Millenium stadium. Bale with his disrespectful flag. Who gives a masculine sh't.

Men shrug their shoulders and go with the flow. If you do not like it just live with it. Gay male footballer do not seem to exist exist. Some German bloke who came out a decade after he last played and some lower league battlers somewhere in Lancashire. BBC and Gary are always open big cash deal for the special day when they get a full preferably England international to sit next to Gary Wrighty and Alan.

Women are different and Men have invited them in to the working mans club and given them a place on the board, "Better watch your language now lads" .

Mark Samson was put through the mill for what I saw and pretty minor failings at the England team. Having banter with a fully qualified lawyer playing for Chelsea and England would never go down well. He was subjected to a kangaroo court by the House of commons Select committee on something or other. Lianne Sanderson was supporting the lawyer centre forward. She now has a gig on Talksport. Quite a good broadcaster actually.

She said Toney made 'a mistake' in his betting no conformance to the rules. I shouted at the radio "235 mistakes actually over several years".

"Did Samson and co subject you to inappropriate banter Lianne". "no but there was no cake for me when I won my 50th cap". "We had words and I was not picked again". "do the other team member have the same opinion Lianne?" "yes". Not what I saw with the players giving Samson a mass "man hug" after a big win. Samson expressed regret to be fair to him.

No wonder England have a coach from Amsterdam. They understand liberal things and use the correct personal pronouns.

Who will be the first trans female player.? Will "they" be allowed to play as a single player with a lawyer as a personal advisor?

Far better in my opinion to have two separate games and Associations.

"I noted at 43 minutes into the game the Swansea city substitute adjusted b his jock strap in an inappropriate manner under the clear view of Princess Michael of Kent who was guest of Ryan Reynolds at the Cae Ras" . Got to be 5 match ban.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 16:40]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 23:51 - Aug 29 with 876 viewsRhonddaSwans

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:38 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

I must admit words fail me after reading this. The only conclusion I can reach is you have no relationship with a female partner or as a parent of a daughter. Even then it is inexcusable.

I'm married with 2 daughters mate fyi

Poll: what is more Exciting

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 00:03 - Aug 30 with 868 viewsRhonddaSwans

Im lucky my mrs shares my traditional values and morals.
I grew up in a different world to this and I refuse to change to go with fads.

It was a peck not rape or real sexual assault.
. The woman in question would already forgotten about by now.
Guess she will make millions out of this peck now though.

Poll: what is more Exciting

Login to get fewer ads

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 00:27 - Aug 30 with 862 viewsJack11

Being a certain age myself, I think anyone over the age of 30 can agree the bar for most things has got lower. Not a bad thing, just an observation. Things that were acceptable even 20 years ago are definitely not now. I was late seeing the footage, I’d seen the furore but hadn’t watched it. Having watched it a few times I still can’t quite believe the fuss. I was expecting to see something completely different.

I think it’s important to also acknowledge an important fact. The Spanish womens team are at loggerheads with the federation and have been for some time. Whatever anyones view on the incident, it must be remembered that there’s an axe to grind, a touchpaper to light.

In that moment I saw an idiotic man, a drunk uncle at a wedding type but I don’t see a sexual predator or someone deliberately demeaning women. I think he genuinely seems happy and proud of what they achieved. Would I behave like him? No. Do I think it was appropriate? Not really, but it’s not a career ender either, in my view.

So why the widespread condemnation of him then? All those people can’t be wrong, surely? Well it’s very trendy these days to pile on. To find a fuse to light the touchpaper. Yes many women are treated misogynistically, they are victims of sexism and all sorts of truly awful behaviour perpetrated by males. It sometimes needs a high profile situation to act as the catalyst and this is where certain types of people jump on a bandwagon or use that situation to push the narrative.

Don’t get me wrong, the proper treatment of women and equality is a very important topic, one I feel strongly about being a husband, father, brother and uncle. I just don’t think this particular series of events reflects that narrative. It’s high profile though and coupled with the ill feeling from the Spanish players and you have the perfect storm we’ve witnessed.
Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:02 - Aug 30 with 770 viewsReslovenSwan1

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 00:03 - Aug 30 by RhonddaSwans

Why have they not sacked him. The reason is he has not broken any laws as it is understood.

He is clearly a bit rough and ready with his boorish behaviour. Boorish behaviour is part of football from the fans to the players.

Women have chosen to tag onto the male game rather than set up their on clubs. It makes economic sense and development sense but not social sense.

Many male players love blatantly misogynistic rap and hip hop (are thy the same?) where women are routinely referred to as "ho"s..

Lineker went in hard on the bald while middle age loser but gave rap loving Greenwood a fair amount of space.

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:16 - Aug 30 with 780 viewsFireboy2

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:02 - Aug 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Why have they not sacked him. The reason is he has not broken any laws as it is understood.

He is clearly a bit rough and ready with his boorish behaviour. Boorish behaviour is part of football from the fans to the players.

Women have chosen to tag onto the male game rather than set up their on clubs. It makes economic sense and development sense but not social sense.

Many male players love blatantly misogynistic rap and hip hop (are thy the same?) where women are routinely referred to as "ho"s..

Lineker went in hard on the bald while middle age loser but gave rap loving Greenwood a fair amount of space.

He doesn't need to break any laws to be sacked.

I honestly cannot believe that there are people sticking up for this man.

It isn't just about the groping of his crotch and the grabbing and slavering over a woman who didn't want the attention, this is the tip of the iceberg, its about why alot of Spanish women footballers refused to play for their country, its about the misogynistic behaviour of the Spanish FA which has been going on for years.
Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:23 - Aug 30 with 778 viewsraynor94

I grew up in a different time as well, I'm 67 now.

But with respect I find your attitude towards women shocking, you have displayed it many times in threads in the last couple of weeks.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:41 - Aug 30 with 758 viewsWhiterockin

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:23 - Aug 30 by raynor94

I grew up in a different time as well, I'm 67 now.

But with respect I find your attitude towards women shocking, you have displayed it many times in threads in the last couple of weeks.

Is it normal practice in the valleys, both Rhondda and Neath. Please someone who lives there restore my fath in humanity.

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:50 - Aug 30 with 725 viewsonehunglow

Traditional values in Wales were
Getting hammered after work then going home either to demand sex or to pinch the crap out of wife
Making sure she scrubbed the step,fed the kids,did the washing and ironing
And keep her mouth shut

Chapel on Sunday then prey on a neighbour

Not sexual assault then?

Dear God

It’s 2023

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:57 - Aug 30 with 714 viewsReslovenSwan1

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:16 - Aug 30 by Fireboy2

He doesn't need to break any laws to be sacked.

I honestly cannot believe that there are people sticking up for this man.

It isn't just about the groping of his crotch and the grabbing and slavering over a woman who didn't want the attention, this is the tip of the iceberg, its about why alot of Spanish women footballers refused to play for their country, its about the misogynistic behaviour of the Spanish FA which has been going on for years.

So why has not been sacked? It would save the Spanish game a lot of problems. Sacking people is not easy as laws in liberal democracies have been developed to make sacking increasingly difficult. A long drawn out legal process beckons. They need to pay him off.

I am not defending him at all. He is a boorish buffoon by the looks of it with a track record of crude behaviour. Michael Jackson made a career out of holding his crotch. Apparently the problem here was he did it within 10m of her majesty. Vinny Jones did a bit of bag snatching to Gazza.

Women have maneuvered themselves into a sport where boorish behavior is common. Nasal clearances, spitting, profanities to the ref, man hugging and rolling on the ground in group mounds. Numerous accusation of players getting into serious legal problems after clubbing to excess.

The girls do not like it and find the whole male football scene a bit crude and boorish. Many on here personally do not mind ethnic slurs againt my people and accusions of bestially in front of wive and kids. This is disgraceful.

It is a simple clash of cultures and this along with the Samson issue are the symptoms Women do not take abuse of any kind and will stamp it out with militancy. Trans players will be the next man made crisis.

The women's game should be separate with their own associations and club. London Ladies lead the way. They ditched the Millwall club as altogether not up to scratch. They did not want to change the male game and went off on their own. No strikes no bad press no accusations of abuse.

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:24 - Aug 30 with 688 viewsonehunglow

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 13:57 - Aug 30 by ReslovenSwan1

So why has not been sacked? It would save the Spanish game a lot of problems. Sacking people is not easy as laws in liberal democracies have been developed to make sacking increasingly difficult. A long drawn out legal process beckons. They need to pay him off.

I am not defending him at all. He is a boorish buffoon by the looks of it with a track record of crude behaviour. Michael Jackson made a career out of holding his crotch. Apparently the problem here was he did it within 10m of her majesty. Vinny Jones did a bit of bag snatching to Gazza.

Women have maneuvered themselves into a sport where boorish behavior is common. Nasal clearances, spitting, profanities to the ref, man hugging and rolling on the ground in group mounds. Numerous accusation of players getting into serious legal problems after clubbing to excess.

The girls do not like it and find the whole male football scene a bit crude and boorish. Many on here personally do not mind ethnic slurs againt my people and accusions of bestially in front of wive and kids. This is disgraceful.

It is a simple clash of cultures and this along with the Samson issue are the symptoms Women do not take abuse of any kind and will stamp it out with militancy. Trans players will be the next man made crisis.

The women's game should be separate with their own associations and club. London Ladies lead the way. They ditched the Millwall club as altogether not up to scratch. They did not want to change the male game and went off on their own. No strikes no bad press no accusations of abuse.

Even on this thread you bring in your pitiful insular accusations of " racist"
Let me tell you, Welsh are the same ethnicity as the English, the people you hate
You don't have the guts to admit so

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:34 - Aug 30 with 684 viewsReslovenSwan1

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:24 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

Even on this thread you bring in your pitiful insular accusations of " racist"
Let me tell you, Welsh are the same ethnicity as the English, the people you hate
You don't have the guts to admit so

What are you bothered about? I did not mention English people at all.

Just tell me do you regard salacious slurs of bestiality against Welsh people as acceptable or not?

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:46 - Aug 30 with 679 viewsReslovenSwan1

Millwall ladies walked the walk not talked the talk. They could see the future and chose their own path.

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/club-statement

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:46 - Aug 30 with 678 viewsonehunglow

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:34 - Aug 30 by ReslovenSwan1

What are you bothered about? I did not mention English people at all.

Just tell me do you regard salacious slurs of bestiality against Welsh people as acceptable or not?

Racial slurs!
Where do you think?
Who gives the sheep stuff ?

You re losing this argument and not gracefully

English and Welsh people are the same ethnicity

Fact

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:57 - Aug 30 with 681 viewsdobjack2

No - abuse of power and position
Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 15:04 - Aug 30 with 674 viewsGwyn737

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:57 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

No - abuse of power and position

Yep.

This is not an elderly gentleman who hasn’t kept up with times and is trying to maintain ‘traditional values’.

It’s someone who is head of a high powered organisation that represents men and women.
Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 15:05 - Aug 30 with 663 viewsReslovenSwan1

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 14:46 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

Racial slurs!
Where do you think?
Who gives the sheep stuff ?

You re losing this argument and not gracefully

English and Welsh people are the same ethnicity

Fact

Classed as "racially aggravated disorderly conduct" by the law of the land of England and Wales.

I did not mention English people.

It is an example of boorish and unacceptable behaviour in the world of male football in UK.

You did not answer my question because you cannot debate properly flying off on bizzare tangents. Spanish football fan to do not abuse Basques as far as i know.

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 16:14 - Aug 30 with 627 viewsonehunglow

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 15:05 - Aug 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Classed as "racially aggravated disorderly conduct" by the law of the land of England and Wales.

I did not mention English people.

It is an example of boorish and unacceptable behaviour in the world of male football in UK.

You did not answer my question because you cannot debate properly flying off on bizzare tangents. Spanish football fan to do not abuse Basques as far as i know.

You don’t have to.
It’s obvious

I’ve explained to you twice Welsh and English people are ethnically the same.l
Forget any claptrap that you can use to prove a spurious point.

Let me put it this way.
I spent a good 15 yrs “ at the coal face” of policing in a tough city and region .
My unit was the first to be sent to challenging,violent,tricky,racially sensitive ,potentially lethal circumstances .
People in the commission of crime do not like having their freedom taken away from them and their actions thwarted so they matters are raw and well away from a sanitised valleys life of quiet introspection.

I can count on the fingers of one hand when my “ ethnicity” was brought up,even though my accent was still then very distinct . Even then,it really didn’t consume me nor did I feel insulted ,as you feel.
You ll have to trust me when I tell you I m not one to take an insult lying down.

You are wrong

Luis Rubiales - acceptable ? on 16:24 - Aug 30 with 625 viewspencoedjack

I'm with you RJ.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:27 - Aug 30 with 625 viewsFireboy2

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024